Maintenance for the week of June 17:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)

Dremora as Playable Race?

• starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kaliki wrote: »
    But we are all playing Dremora already!
    How else would you explain that players can simply resurrect over and over? None of us can be from a mortal race. We are only Deadra in fleshy Men and Mer-like disguises.

Only if we weren't Dremora I'd start worrying about lore...
    Perhaps we're sleepers, sent by Molag Bal to infiltrate Nirn. Imagine that kind of a plot twist! *Rilislikelaughter*!

Molag Bal kind of suggests this a couple times in the Dolmen victory messages.
    I mean, they gave us the option to make any race in any alliance, which goes against the story anyway, because why would certain races be helping other alliances.

The various playable races are spread across Tamriel in (not quite) uniform ways. You'll find members of every race in every province, but the natives will be more common. So there are Nords and Bretons in Morrowind, but there are far more Dark Elves, just like you'll find Dunmer and Redguard in Valenwood.

Any Race, Any Alliance serves to keep players from primarily rolling out of faction, and to roughly retain the racial makeup of the provinces. You will see out of faction players somewhat frequently, but the vast majority will match up to the native cultures.

Basically, it's a system designed to push the players towards matching Tamriel's population demographics.

This is also (partially) why the Imperials are gated the way they are. They certainly exist, but most Imperials are in Cyrodiil. So the IE restriction serves to skew the player base away from playing as an Imperial.

If you're really curious, you can actually see this at work in Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim, when you look at what races the NPCs belong to. Members of every race are present in all the games, but the bulk of NPCs tend to match the game's native race (Dunmer, Imperials, and Nords, respectively).
    Options
  • Lenikus
    Lenikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are enough costumes and skins already,
    for the sake of OP, I'll assume he only meant to play as dremora "VISUALLY".

Now you all go back to Skyrim with your mods and trains and slutty outfits.

# EDIT.
    Also, please let this thread die again.
    Edited by Lenikus on May 3, 2016 4:41PM
    ... Mai cave. >:3
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lenikus wrote: »
    Also, please let this thread die again.

*Checks the original post dates.*

(._.)

thread-necromancy_zpsexf6wjna.png
    Options
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dremora as a race
    Necromancer as a class

Ppl's desires are WAY too obvious
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
    Options
  • bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tryxus wrote: »
    Dremora as a race
    Necromancer as a class

the difference here that makes this a terrible example

in past TES games, we could become a necromancer

as such its viable in lore, and a tragedy that we are not given the option to summon undead

but becoming a daedra? has never happened in all of the TES games, and wholly unacceptable
    Options
  • ContraTempo
    ContraTempo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Selique wrote: »
    This is explained. You are the Souless Vestige for the majority of the game. Having no soul in essence, makes you immortal. Its why you can fast travel on the Wayshrines and respawn there.

Didn't we get our souls back after we
    defeat Molag Bal and meet with Meridia
    ? But still immortal.
    ContraTempo
    Carpe DM
    Seize the Dungeon Master

Options
  • Mr.Hmm
    Mr.Hmm
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can only accept it as a Skin like they did with Draugh Polymorph.
    Edited by Mr.Hmm on May 4, 2016 5:48AM
    If I die tomorrow I do not want to think of the game I could of played today, therefor I will play whatever I want today while securing a future to play in as well.

A true gamer will think of all the possible outcomes and execute the one that is the hardest to accomplish.
    Options
  • Zagnut123Zagnut123
    Zagnut123Zagnut123
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have you all forgotten about the dremora polymorphs that you can get in the imperial city.
    Options
  • Nyx2
    Nyx2
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have you all forgotten about the dremora polymorphs that you can get in the imperial city.

There are never enough polymorphs plus xivkyns aren't dremora.

I don't particularly care but what's the deal with necromancy? It's a type of magic like anything else in TES. There is no reason not to use it just because your enemy does. But before that I'd rather see some more elemental abilities.
    Options
  • Zagnut123Zagnut123
    Zagnut123Zagnut123
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nyx2 wrote: »

I don't particularly care but what's the deal with necromancy? It's a type of magic like anything else in TES. There is no reason not to use it just because your enemy does. But before that I'd rather see some more elemental abilities.

I thought the xivkyn were the elite dremora. Anyway the polys are pretty awesome looking imo.
    Options
  • Shadowfx1970
    Shadowfx1970
    ✭✭✭
    Ok for roleplay only so I doubt it would be a viable character for ESO
    I went outside once, the graphics were awesome but the gameplay sucked
    Options
  • Nyx2
    Nyx2
    ✭✭✭✭

I thought the xivkyn were the elite dremora. Anyway the polys are pretty awesome looking imo.

I might be wrong, yes but all dremora enemies start with "Dremora <rank>" while xivkyn don't. The dark seducers for example aren't dremora either. The only thing they all share is being daedric.
    Options
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would LOVE to have a Daedra Skin. The Draugher Polymorph, like the Shadowsilk gem, will transform your character into a male creature, all of whom look exactly alike and wear the same clothes. A Skin, on the other hand, like the Mindshriven Skin that was offered for awhile, merely overlays your character's skin which does not change their body shape or facial features (or sex!) and goes beneath whatever armor they are wearing. So a Daedra Skin would be MUCH more desirable to my mind because it would look different on each character you applied it to, giving it much greater flexibility and appeal.

I think there is no way ZOS will consider making Daedra a playable race but a Skin would not be that much trouble for them and would make them a tidy pile of $$. I know I'd buy it.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

When this thread was originally created, the Imperial City hadn't been released yet. Which is why the transforms don't come up during the first couple pages.
    Options
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dremora_(Online).jpg

vebzno.jpg

EDIT: Quoted image no longer appears tiny... RIP
    Edited by Voxicity on May 6, 2016 3:35PM
    Options
  • ContraTempo
    ContraTempo
    ✭✭✭✭
    So we can't play as dramora (or xivkyn, dark seducer, etc) because we would be attacked on sight, no one would deal with us, etc, but it's ok to run around looking exactly like a dramora. Great logic.
    Edited by ContraTempo on May 4, 2016 9:45PM
    ContraTempo
    Carpe DM
    Seize the Dungeon Master

Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tryxus wrote: »
    Dremora as a race
    Necromancer as a class

But you can already play a necromancer on these forums. :p
    Options
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    Would LOVE to have a Daedra Skin. The Draugher Polymorph, like the Shadowsilk gem, will transform your character into a male creature, all of whom look exactly alike and wear the same clothes. A Skin, on the other hand, like the Mindshriven Skin that was offered for awhile, merely overlays your character's skin which does not change their body shape or facial features (or sex!) and goes beneath whatever armor they are wearing. So a Daedra Skin would be MUCH more desirable to my mind because it would look different on each character you applied it to, giving it much greater flexibility and appeal.

I think there is no way ZOS will consider making Daedra a playable race but a Skin would not be that much trouble for them and would make them a tidy pile of $$. I know I'd buy it.

Beat Vet Maelstrom Arena, you get pretty close there :)
    Options
  • Bookwyrm
    Bookwyrm
    ✭✭✭✭

Meh, this is both true and untrue. According to the available lore on Xivkyn, they are Dremora, but they are Dremora that have been experimented upon by Molag Bal to create his own "special" Dremora that are part Dremora and part Xivalai. They do, however, hate "regular" Dremora (allegedly) due to the fact that Xivkyn put a lot of emphasis on loyalty, and some history between Dremora and Mehrunes Dagon.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:On_the_Xivkyn

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Xivkyn
    Don't talk to me! I'm a shrub. - Frozen Man
    Bookwyrm - The Thread Killer
    Options