Dremora as Playable Race?

tordr86b16_ESO
tordr86b16_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
Long shot but I would totally buy this race on the Crown Store, individually. You did the same with the Imperial race so why not ZOS? :)

Dremora_(Online).jpg
Edited by tordr86b16_ESO on July 9, 2015 10:11PM
  • Zorrashi
    Zorrashi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Long shot but I would totally buy this race on the Crown Store, individually. You did the same with the Imperial race so why not ZOS? :)

Dremora_(Online).jpg
    Because dremora literally have no real reason to formally participate in mortal affairs on such a subservient and large scale.
    Granted, not all dremora are adverse to helping mortals, but to have enough of them to where they are a playable race? Their mere existence in the alliances alone would be a spit in the eye as far as lore in concerned. And if we allow them to pass that line so casually we might as well allow mountable flying dragons and flaming wings.

I know lore should be pushed in MMO settings, but that is kind of pushing the line to absurdity. I would, however, not mind if the dremora were only temporarily playable in an extended, oblivion oriented questline.
    Options
  • tordr86b16_ESO
    tordr86b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zorrashi wrote: »

Dremora_(Online).jpg
    Because dremora literally have no real reason to formally participate in mortal affairs on such a subservient and large scale.
    Granted, not all dremora are adverse to helping mortals, but to have enough of them to where they are a playable race? Their mere existence in the alliances alone would be a spit in the eye as far as lore in concerned. And if we allow them to pass that line so casually we might as well allow mountable flying dragons and flaming wings.

I know lore should be pushed in MMO settings, but that is kind of pushing the line to absurdity. I would, however, not mind if the dremora were only temporarily playable in an extended, oblivion oriented questline.

If they can't do it due to lore (Weak excuse imo), then at least add it as a morph like the skeleton costume we can get via a quest.
    Options
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about just as a skin? That would work for me.

I want the skeleton one, but I either need to buy it or earn it and I don't want to do either.
    Options
  • Storm_knight22
    Storm_knight22
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ummmm, No
    I want spell crafting.
    Options
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Dremora_(Online).jpg

If they can't do it due to lore (Weak excuse imo), then at least add it as a morph like the skeleton costume we can get via a quest.

Dremora_(Online).jpg

Actually I don't think its weak or an excuse at all. Its like you want to have ninja cyborg super aliens in Pirates of the Caribbean. Most of us don't have problems with ninjas, cyborgs, or even super aliens but I think a lot of us would find it really stupid in the wrong movies or settings. Dremora are creatures of oblivion, utterly alien immortal and monstrous. If you're going to play as a Dremora you might as well play as a dragon, a triceratops, an ogrim or a daedroth. It really doesn't make sense.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
    Options
  • Kaliki
    Kaliki
    ✭✭✭✭
    But we are all playing Dremora already!
    How else would you explain that players can simply resurrect over and over? None of us can be from a mortal race. We are only Deadra in fleshy Men and Mer-like disguises.

Only if we weren't Dremora I'd start worrying about lore...
    Perhaps we're sleepers, sent by Molag Bal to infiltrate Nirn. Imagine that kind of a plot twist! *Rilislikelaughter*!
    Edited by Kaliki on July 9, 2015 11:49PM
    - Templars: Slower by Design® -
    Options
  • tordr86b16_ESO
    tordr86b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kaliki wrote: »
    But we are all playing Dremora already!
    How else would you explain that players can simply resurrect over and over? None of us can be from a mortal race. We are only Deadra in fleshy Men and Mer-like disguises.

Only if we weren't Dremora I'd start worrying about lore...
    Perhaps we're sleepers, sent by Molag Bal to infiltrate Nirn. Imagine that kind of a plot twist! *Rilislikelaughter*!

Makes sense.
    Options
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dremora as a playable race, Fighters guild skills = insta death in pvp.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
    Options
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget, any dremora would kine be attacked on sight by all guards in the mortal realms of tamriel... after all, consider what usuall happens when you see one of them in the game... ;)

And it is true that a players "vestige" status kinda menas they share quite a few traits with dremora already, like reforming after being killed and all that...

On the other hand... we have skeleton and draugr disguises (which actually also should spark some reaction from the NPCs, and sadly don't... I'd love to see the vendors scream in terror is a skeleton came to sell, and the guards were alerted by the screaming and ran to bash those bones to dust, only to have the illusion disguise vanish at first blow and some apprentice hold their broken arm and wail "no, wait, don't kill me, it was all just a joke...") so I could see a lot more monster disguises show up in the crown store eventually...

On the topic of new race options to buy...
    There are others that'd make more sense before we go for the dremora. Maormer defectors looking for a place of their own in the dominion lands? Goblin slaves once held by some dunmer in the pact who managed to gain freedom? Reachmen who don't agree with some of their leaders about invading the breton lands, but would prefer to go there peacefully? It would be possible...
    Options
  • Sneaky-Snurr
    Sneaky-Snurr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope. For immersion's sake of course. A dremora fighting for EP? That would've been jokes man.

EDIT: I agree whole-heartedly with @dodgehopper_ESO. Yes they can't do it due to lore. That is not a weak excuse. End of story.
    Edited by Sneaky-Snurr on July 10, 2015 8:20AM
    The Order of the Shadows: Nightmare
      EP CP810 Nightblade
      AD CP810 Templar
      AD CP810 Dragon Knight
      AD Lvl 25 Sorceror
      DC Lvl 23 Nightblade
    {PC•NA•no-CP Ravenwatch}

Shadow hide you. -Unknown
    There is no clean fight in a war. -Shun Izaki
    Options
  • Storm_knight22
    Storm_knight22
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget, any dremora would kine be attacked on sight by all guards in the mortal realms of tamriel... after all, consider what usuall happens when you see one of them in the game... ;)

And it is true that a players "vestige" status kinda menas they share quite a few traits with dremora already, like reforming after being killed and all that...

On the other hand... we have skeleton and draugr disguises (which actually also should spark some reaction from the NPCs, and sadly don't... I'd love to see the vendors scream in terror is a skeleton came to sell, and the guards were alerted by the screaming and ran to bash those bones to dust, only to have the illusion disguise vanish at first blow and some apprentice hold their broken arm and wail "no, wait, don't kill me, it was all just a joke...") so I could see a lot more monster disguises show up in the crown store eventually...

On the topic of new race options to buy...
    There are others that'd make more sense before we go for the dremora. Maormer defectors looking for a place of their own in the dominion lands? Goblin slaves once held by some dunmer in the pact who managed to gain freedom? Reachmen who don't agree with some of their leaders about invading the breton lands, but would prefer to go there peacefully? It would be possible...

I think goblins would be with the DC, according to lore they helped build orsinium and they along with ogres worship the god Muluk. Sound familiar?
    I want spell crafting.
    Options
  • RadicalSpirit
    RadicalSpirit
    ✭✭✭

Dremora_(Online).jpg

I'm sure it'd be possible to have a "Molag Bal" alliance or something, with its own story line and a couple of races linked to it.

I mean, they gave us the option to make any race in any alliance, which goes against the story anyway, because why would certain races be helping other alliances.

Dremora seems an entirely plausible race to add to me, not to mention an awesome one.

I personally wish there were abilities to transform, like a shapeshifter tree or something... With an Ultimate attack being the ability to shape shift into a full size Elder Dragon or something.
    Options
  • Storm_knight22
    Storm_knight22
    ✭✭✭✭

Dremora_(Online).jpg

I'm sure it'd be possible to have a "Molag Bal" alliance or something, with its own story line and a couple of races linked to it.

I mean, they gave us the option to make any race in any alliance, which goes against the story anyway, because why would certain races be helping other alliances.

Dremora seems an entirely plausible race to add to me, not to mention an awesome one.

I personally wish there were abilities to transform, like a shapeshifter tree or something... With an Ultimate attack being the ability to shape shift into a full size Elder Dragon or something.

You have clearly never played a previous elder scrolls game.
    I want spell crafting.
    Options
  • bertenburnyb16_ESO
    bertenburnyb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hmmmmNO

do u even lore bro?
    Haze Ramoran Dunmer Dragonknight Tank/Dps – Smoked-Da-Herb Saxheel Templar Tank/Healer

Red Diamond, Protect us 'til the end (EU EP Thorn)
    Options
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Dremora_(Online).jpg

+1 to this. I played a Dremora in Oblivion and would happily play one in this game too. I like playing the unusual. Perhaps the story behind it could be a Dremora who has been wronged by Molag Bal, and so is throwing in his/her lot with the mortals.

Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
    Options
  • LtCrunch
    LtCrunch
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dremora_(Online).jpg

You do realize defection is a very real thing, right?
    NerdSauce Gaming
    Laughs-At-Wounds - Sap tanking since 03/30/14
    ßrandalf - Light armor tanking since 03/03/15
    Brandalf Beer-Belly - Tanking drunk since 12/30/16

Options
  • RadicalSpirit
    RadicalSpirit
    ✭✭✭

Dremora_(Online).jpg

Actually played Oblivion and Skyrim, but I was just thinking outside of the box as to what I think would be great to see.

Also I really don't care THAT much about remembering all the lore, because at the end of the day it's a game, I care more about things I do in real life.

You can keep your assumptions though, because they are worthless.
    Options
  • Seth_Black
    Seth_Black
    ✭✭✭
    1. You would be a servant of Moe Lacks Balls, every time you die you would need to 'wake up' somewhere in oblivion, get your daily dose of tortures for failing and then go back to Tamriel
    2. It doesn't make any sense from lore point of view in current situation and timeline
    3. All they COULD do is add dremora costume in the crown store ...that makes a lot of sense.
    Out of the night that covers me, Black as the pit from pole to pole, I thank whatever gods may be For my unconquerable soul.
    It matters not how strait the gate, How charged with punishments the scroll, I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul
    Options
  • LtCrunch
    LtCrunch
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dremora_(Online).jpg

Actually played Oblivion and Skyrim, but I was just thinking outside of the box as to what I think would be great to see.

Also I really don't care THAT much about remembering all the lore, because at the end of the day it's a game, I care more about things I do in real life.

If you're not well versed in lore then don't try to argue lore Lmao. The whole "I have a life" thing is such a lame cop-out.
    NerdSauce Gaming

Options
  • The_Sadist
    The_Sadist
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dremora_(Online).jpg

Given this game's foundation is the rich lore that takes place within the Elder Scrolls series, I feel it's a pretty solid 'excuse'.

"Each event is preceded by Prophecy. But without the hero, there is no Event." ― Zurin Arctus, the Underking.
    Tragrim - How do I work this thing?
    Casually stalking the forums
    Options
  • RadicalSpirit
    RadicalSpirit
    ✭✭✭
    Brandalf wrote: »

Dremora_(Online).jpg

If you're not well versed in lore then don't try to argue lore Lmao. The whole "I have a life" thing is such a lame cop-out.

Please show me where I was arguing lore.

I wasn't arguing anything, I was putting in my idea because I would like to see the werebear transformations, as well as others.

And I'm not copping out of anything, I told you any assumptions you make about me are lost, I'm far more interested in the things I do in the real world, like developing my own app, helping people to develop mma and other things than I am with people who argue over lore.

It is a game, get over it.
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    ✭✭✭
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Options
  • LtCrunch
    LtCrunch
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dremora_(Online).jpg

Please show me where I was arguing lore.

I wasn't arguing anything, I was putting in my idea because I would like to see the werebear transformations, as well as others.

And I'm not copping out of anything, I told you any assumptions you make about me are lost, I'm far more interested in the things I do in the real world, like developing my own app, helping people to develop mma and other things than I am with people who argue over lore.

It is a game, get over it.

And nobody here cares what you do in the real world, it has zero meaning or relevance to anything on these forums or in this discussion, so please keep it to yourself. You inserted yourself into lore debate when you made your post. This is largely a discussion that would be centered around lore and why it does or does not make sense. Not to mention your suggestions of implementing an entirely new faction, storyline and new races is an astronomical undertaking just to let you play your "awesome dremora race".
    Edited by LtCrunch on July 10, 2015 9:09AM
    NerdSauce Gaming

Options
  • Farorin
    Farorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a skin would be fine, I take no issue with that, but as a race, not really. I would rather see some introduction of some other legit lore friendly races that have yet to actually be playable from the ES universe.
    Options
  • Teiji
    Teiji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dremora polymorph - 1600 Crowns.
    "Serving Boethiah is Freedom, embracing heroism is Liberty, existing solely for noxiphilic sanguivoria is truth." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

European megaserver Fallout 4

Loyalist of Boethiah, heroism enthusiast, exposer of secrets, bless'ed of noxiphilic sanguivoria.

Nerf one grind, two more take its place; hail Gryndra!

I am a dank memer and satire enthusiast
    Options
  • RadicalSpirit
    RadicalSpirit
    ✭✭✭
    Snip...

And nobody here cares what you do in the real world, it has zero meaning or relevance to anything on these forums or in this discussion, so please keep it to yourself. You inserted yourself into lore debate when you made your post. This is largely a discussion that would be centered around lore and why it does or does not make sense. Not to mention your suggestions of implementing an entirely new faction, storyline and new races is an astronomical undertaking just to let you play your "awesome dremora race".[/quote]

A lore debate, not an argument.

You made it personal when you made your "I have a life cop-out" statement, not me. The initial guy made a poor assumption and that's why it was refuted.

So how can you try to sit there and say "don't talk about you're own life" when it was you that put the spotlight on it in the first place.

Clearly I struck a nerve, because you went full defensive to deflect away from yourself, so I already know what it is.

As for trying to refute the idea of adding a new faction, new storyline, and new race... PLENTY of other games have done it, that's the point of DLC, so why on Earth would it be so absurd in this game?

I think you are forgetting, this is an MMO, not an Elder Scrolls story mode, and lore detail will always take a backseat to important thing like mechanics, PvP & in game purchases.

If they thought for a second that Dremora could feasibly be added to the game as a DLC race, and be worked into PvP, as well as financially viable & viable from a workload point of view, you could bet your house it'd be on it's way, and no amount of lore issues would change that.

I already see people complaining about the lore in this game, where a lot of things were missed, or it seems lazy, and that's because it is not important in this type of game compared to the other issues.

I'm done here, this has become boring.
    Edited by RadicalSpirit on July 10, 2015 9:23AM
    Options
  • Darkeus
    Darkeus
    ✭✭✭
    dremora should be like imperial , avaible to all factions, that would be awesome to have dremora as playble race.
    Options
  • Contraptions
    Contraptions
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think a Dremora playable race would be a good idea, but maybe a Dremora costume + voice changer (like the Draugr or skeleton costume) would be nice.

That would be the best way to incorporate this idea within breaking too much lore.
    Patroller and Editor at UESP
    Options
  • Keep_Door
    Keep_Door
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dremora_(Online).jpg
    . And if we allow them to pass that line so casually we might as well allow mountable flying dragons and flaming wings.

uhm yes please !!!
    Options
  • lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dremora_(Online).jpg
    . And if we allow them to pass that line so casually we might as well allow mountable flying dragons and flaming wings.

uhm yes please !!!

please go play wow
    Options