Maintenance for the week of June 17:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)

Dremora as Playable Race?

• Zimnel
    Zimnel
    ✭✭✭
    A disguise would be ok but I'd prefer a play session in an extended questline, where you have to find out about the plans of a dremora ruler. A spy questline with a bit of combat with limited "dremora skills", and then finally confronting a markynaz o /
    That would rock o/
    Options
  • LtCrunch
    LtCrunch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brandalf wrote: »
    Snip...

A lore debate, not an argument.

You made it personal when you made your "I have a life cop-out" statement, not me. The initial guy made a poor assumption and that's why it was refuted.

So how can you try to sit there and say "don't talk about you're own life" when it was you that put the spotlight on it in the first place.

Clearly I struck a nerve, because you went full defensive to deflect away from yourself, so I already know what it is.

As for trying to refute the idea of adding a new faction, new storyline, and new race... PLENTY of other games have done it, that's the point of DLC, so why on Earth would it be so absurd in this game?

I think you are forgetting, this is an MMO, not an Elder Scrolls story mode, and lore detail will always take a backseat to important thing like mechanics, PvP & in game purchases.

If they thought for a second that Dremora could feasibly be added to the game as a DLC race, and be worked into PvP, as well as financially viable & viable from a workload point of view, you could bet your house it'd be on it's way, and no amount of lore issues would change that.

I already see people complaining about the lore in this game, where a lot of things were missed, or it seems lazy, and that's because it is not important in this type of game compared to the other issues.

I'm done here, this has become boring.

You are the one who brought it into the "spotlight" when you said " really don't care THAT much about remembering all the lore, because at the end of the day it's a game, I care more about things I do in real life". If you don't care or don't have the knowledge for a discussion then don't insert yourself into that discussion only to later shrug it off as unimportant once someone questions your logic or opinions. It was important enough for you to make your post. Funny how someone who tells others not to make assumptions about themselves will freely make assumptions about others without a second thought.

If they thought for a second that adding an additional 150 hours worth of story content(with full voice over, 5 zones, etc) for one race was "profitable" or feasible" than I would hope the management who thought that would get canned immediately. ZOS has not compromised lore in any significant ways and goes out of their way to make things that work within lore. TES series' lifeblood is it's lore and ZOS has always shown a respect for that. To think they would suddenly reverse their views because a few people think something completely lore-breaking would be "awesome" is absurd at best.

At best we can hope for a costume or maybe a storyline that puts you in the shoes of a dremora for a period of time.
    Edited by LtCrunch on July 10, 2015 10:23AM
    NerdSauce Gaming
    Laughs-At-Wounds - Sap tanking since 03/30/14
    ßrandalf - Light armor tanking since 03/03/15
    Brandalf Beer-Belly - Tanking drunk since 12/30/16

Options
  • sentientomega
    sentientomega
    ✭✭✭
    A Dremora skin available in collections (like the polymorph) is really all you need, the vocal sounds your character makes (to just the generic male/female Dremora sounds, though it would be great to see that work with /laugh), altered accordingly, for the duration of it being worn.

It should be just a skin, so that you can wear actual Daedric armour with it.

No need to add storylines to play as one. I would say.
    Options
  • NateAssassin
    NateAssassin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We should be able to play as dragon hybrids too, and Khajiit Argonian hybrids
    AD | Malaya the Mystic ─ VR16 Khajiit Sorc | Shal'ina the Swift ─ VR16 Khajiit NB | Jòhn Cena ─ VR1 Khajiit NB | Priestess Shaari ─ VR1 Temp
    Options
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    on the point of the dremora being a faction in the game,4 sides to the war would actually help in pvp i think. not saying we should get to play dremora as a race but that faction would be interesting to play in some kind of DLC. hell in cadwell silver you wake up in an enemy faction,same with gold. might make a cool questline at least.
    Options
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DenMoria wrote: »
    How about just as a skin? That would work for me.

I want the skeleton one, but I either need to buy it or earn it and I don't want to do either.

This. Honestly, I wouldn't be opposed to them making the VMSA reward a skin instead of a polymorph (so that we can wear our own armor over it while retaining the dremora appearance.) Same with the skeleton polymorph you get from that Shadowfen quest.

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
    Options
  • sentientomega
    sentientomega
    ✭✭✭
    I'm for a Dremora skin, because them as a playable race just doesn't work; but as I do like the Dremora, to have them as a skin, like the skeleton and the Draugr Polymorph.

A fourth faction, you mean, like TG and DB?
    Options
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Necromancy alert!
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
    Options
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necromancy alert!

its a slow day at the office,sue me
    Options
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »
    Necromancy alert!

its a slow day at the office,sue me

You're not the one that necro'd this thread so don't worry lol
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
    Options
  • C0wrex
    C0wrex
    ✭✭✭✭
    A fourth faction.... would be cool! :)

Say it's the 'Oblivion' faction. No idea how they'll retcon this in the lore but it sure as hell would be an awesome and fun change.
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will, to strive, to seek and not to yield."

-Tennyson, Ulysses
    Options
  • bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    as a race

dear gods no!

a polymorph is acceptable though
    Options
  • bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zorrashi wrote: »
    Long shot but I would totally buy this race on the Crown Store, individually. You did the same with the Imperial race so why not ZOS? :)

Dremora_(Online).jpg
    Because dremora literally have no real reason to formally participate in mortal affairs on such a subservient and large scale.
    Granted, not all dremora are adverse to helping mortals, but to have enough of them to where they are a playable race? Their mere existence in the alliances alone would be a spit in the eye as far as lore in concerned. And if we allow them to pass that line so casually we might as well allow mountable flying dragons and flaming wings.

I know lore should be pushed in MMO settings, but that is kind of pushing the line to absurdity. I would, however, not mind if the dremora were only temporarily playable in an extended, oblivion oriented questline.

If they can't do it due to lore (Weak excuse imo), then at least add it as a morph like the skeleton costume we can get via a quest.

you need to understand something here

The elder scrolls has spanned multiple games

each of these games had books, storylines, quests, and whatnot that has detailed the lore

the current largest selling point for this game for many people is that this is a Elder Scrolls game

This is not your run of the mill mmo where they can just make *** up to suit their needs

this has a massive amount of lore, and to push that to far with something like a dremora race being playable would cause not only fan rage, but might cause issues from the creators as well

so no, no dremora race

if you want a new race, the only concievable option right now would be the Sea Elves.

Lore must be preserved

Edit: i highly suggest you ask this to be closed, people get crazy about lore, myself included,i see this getting ugly sooner rather than later
    Edited by bloodenragedb14_ESO on May 3, 2016 3:25AM
    Options
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just get Xivkyn poly and pretend you are a dremora, it'd be a lot easier and far less lore breaking to introduce a new playable race to a pantheon of playable races that have been set in stone since Arena.
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
    Options
  • Inarre
    Inarre
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zorrashi wrote: »
    Long shot but I would totally buy this race on the Crown Store, individually. You did the same with the Imperial race so why not ZOS? :)

Dremora_(Online).jpg
    Because dremora literally have no real reason to formally participate in mortal affairs on such a subservient and large scale.
    Granted, not all dremora are adverse to helping mortals, but to have enough of them to where they are a playable race? Their mere existence in the alliances alone would be a spit in the eye as far as lore in concerned. And if we allow them to pass that line so casually we might as well allow mountable flying dragons and flaming wings.

I know lore should be pushed in MMO settings, but that is kind of pushing the line to absurdity. I would, however, not mind if the dremora were only temporarily playable in an extended, oblivion oriented questline.

Let me play on molag bals side :naughty:
    Options
  • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, no, no, no, no, no, NO.

I'm STILL bitter that skeleton/draugr polymorphs, werewolf form, and Stages 2-4 vampirism don't make guards and other NPCs do their dead level best to blow you to Coldharbour and back.

BITTER, you hear me?

>:(
    Options
  • sentientomega
    sentientomega
    ✭✭✭
    As a playable race, not remotely viable (not Maormer/Sea Elves, either); since there are no customisation options, apart from anything else (like lore).

But as a skin around which we can use costumes and outfit gear parts, not a bad idea, surely.
    Edited by sentientomega on May 3, 2016 6:12AM
    Options
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In one of the latest interviews ZOS said, that there is no intention to add any new player race.
    Edited by Lysette on May 3, 2016 9:10AM
    Options
  • Van_0S
    Van_0S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Akaviri and Tsaesci race!
    Options
  • ContraTempo
    ContraTempo
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have been through this discussion before and I don't agree that the lore makes it impossible. There are just some issues to work around. IMO this could be done in ways more credible than currently happens with people happily interacting with our (obviously) vampire characters.

The assumption may be that they are servants of the Dedric princes but the possibility that a faction could split off is not only possible, we have seen at least one dramora in the storyline who was willing to go a different direction.

So imagine a pocket of oblivion -- we have encountered plenty of those -- big enough to be a DLC, that is the homeland of this split off faction. Maybe even have a Dramora specific storyline where you are tasked to go among the humans and learn their ways, not unlike Caldwell sending us off to learn the ways of the other alliances (silver & gold)

Most of the racial advantages and abilities are already known but to operate in Tamriel it might be necessary to have a glamor ability, which causes the viewer to see you as a member of his/her race. Disguised Dramora are not a new thing either.

As for wayshrines, when you were sent off to Tamriel a spell or other means could bind you to the wayshrines rather than oblivion so you would re-spawn there. It actually makes more sense for a Dramora to do so than for a mortal to resurrect over and over anyway.

I have not seen any issues raised that can't be worked around or, better yet, worked into the storyline with a little creativity.
    ContraTempo
    Carpe DM
    Seize the Dungeon Master

Options
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm STILL bitter that skeleton/draugr polymorphs, werewolf form, and Stages 2-4 vampirism don't make guards and other NPCs do their dead level best to blow you to Coldharbour and back.
    Same here! Wish those polymorphs and states did carry an "attack on sight" penalty if used to scare common townsfolk... keep those monsters in hiding, make those apprentices realize its not funny when they play that joke as soon as they learn an illusion spell...

As for Dremora as playable race... the matter gets occasionally mentioned. And I always note that it would make no sense at all. They would be killed on sight by every guard, all vendors would refuse to deal with them and call for the guard, and no quest giver would ever trust them to actually help... Daedra are the immortal enemies of all of tamriel, and dremora are daedra. Everyone would want them killed before they can finish whatever dastardly plan they might nhave come to implement, because there could not possibly any other reason for a dremora to be on nirn. Remember that scene where you wake up after escaping coldharbour? If you had been dremora, you would not have woken up. Period. All the "freindly helpers" who pulled you from the sea would have beeen all too happy to end your life and by doing so keep everyone else safe had you worn the face of a dremora.

If ZOS ever decided to add new races (which they might, intentions being subject to change after all), they certainly would have lots of better choices then dremora... Maormer, Reachmen, Goblins, Akaviri, Imga... stick to those when thiking about "new playable races".
    Options
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While balance is already something Zenimax appears to be struggling with, I think that adding the Dremora as a playable race would further unbalance things. As someone previously mentioned, the Fighters Guild skill line would pretty much spell game over for these players who went with the Dremora class in PVP. A Dawnbreaker could potentially end-up one-shotting them, and I highly doubt that's exactly healthy to an already unhealthy PVP in this game.
    Options
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DenMoria wrote: »
    How about just as a skin? That would work for me.

I want the skeleton one, but I either need to buy it or earn it and I don't want to do either.

A skin would be cool, I already like the Maelstrom Baron polymorph but it would be cool if you could show your own armor.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
    Options
  • Nyx2
    Nyx2
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not a playable race but more daedra polymorphs, etc are always welcome. I don't understand why the red baron isn't just a dremora (which is all he is) thus also allowing a female version.
    Options
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Dremora_(Online).jpg
    I asked about this and everyone said that it wouldnt work due to the Daedra being undead,and lore,etc.
    Options
  • ContraTempo
    ContraTempo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »
    While balance is already something Zenimax appears to be struggling with, I think that adding the Dremora as a playable race would further unbalance things. As someone previously mentioned, the Fighters Guild skill line would pretty much spell game over for these players who went with the Dremora class in PVP. A Dawnbreaker could potentially end-up one-shotting them, and I highly doubt that's exactly healthy to an already unhealthy PVP in this game.

Changes in DB nerf some of the anti-daedra characteristics of the fighter's guild skill line, though not all. But then we deal with the same issues with vampires.
    ContraTempo
    Carpe DM
    Seize the Dungeon Master

Options
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Its called use a polymorph.
    Options
  • Bookwyrm
    Bookwyrm
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would rather have a summonable dremora...Say we get to expand our classes in the future to something more than what they are...Mages being able to summon a "permanent" dremora companion that fights for them like other mage-pets. Even better, the dremora makes snarky remarks about being stuck on the mortal plane and overall hates the player for forcing them into subservience. (Toggle voice on and off because that could be annoying after a while.)

Yeah, I don't know about playable dremora. That, to me, is more of a "downloadable mod for Morrowind/Oblivion/Skyrim" thing than anything that would work MMO-wise.

I do agree that a one-off DLC type thing with you playing a dremora through an Oblivion-scape would be pretty awesome, though. But, of course, that would require a work-around to provide character progression. *shrug*

Anyway, personally not interested in playable dremora race, and wouldn't like to see a bunch of player-character dremoras running around either. Very not-lore-friendly. I guess I couldn't complain about the skin, though, since they've already gone wonky with those anyway.
    Don't talk to me! I'm a shrub. - Frozen Man
    Bookwyrm - The Thread Killer
    Options
  • svartorn
    svartorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dremora_(Online).jpg

Imperials have always been playable.

Dremora, never.

lol this thread.
    Options
  • Selique
    Selique
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kaliki wrote: »
    But we are all playing Dremora already!
    How else would you explain that players can simply resurrect over and over? None of us can be from a mortal race. We are only Deadra in fleshy Men and Mer-like disguises.

Only if we weren't Dremora I'd start worrying about lore...
    Perhaps we're sleepers, sent by Molag Bal to infiltrate Nirn. Imagine that kind of a plot twist! *Rilislikelaughter*!

This is explained. You are the Souless Vestige for the majority of the game. Having no soul in essence, makes you immortal. Its why you can fast travel on the Wayshrines and respawn there.
    Falls-With-Grace ~ Shadowscale (Argonian Night Blade)
    Selique Lasra ~ Captain, Smuggler, Swashbuckler (Redguard Templar)
    Chases-Comets ~ Shellback Warrior (Argonian Dragon Knight)
    Slissix-Kir ~ Swamp Shaman (Argonian Sorcerer)
    Hail Sithis..
    Options