The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "QuakeCon 2015 is Coming"

ZOS_JasonLeavey
ZOS_JasonLeavey
✭✭✭✭✭
This is the official discussion thread for the web article, "QuakeCon 2015 is Coming!"

We're heading to QuakeCon later this month! Join us for our ESOTU Imperial City panel, community meet-and-greet, and giveaways.
Jason Leavey
Community Coordinator - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
Staff Post
  • Astien
    Astien
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are you guys gonna showcase more of the Arena that we can't have?
  • Karoneth
    Karoneth
    ✭✭✭
    I'll be there this year, along with guild members & addon developers Ravalox and Balkoth, and guild member CreamofChicken. Will be great to finally meet you all :-)
    Guildmaster, Brotherhood of Redemption [DC - NA - PvX - Moderate]
    http://eso.borguild.com/
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will there be new stuff showed beside what has been shown last year ? :D
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • Denaia
    Denaia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does this mean the update is even further off?

Can we even expect the PTS before july 24th? Asking because I wonder if I should take a few months break and hope there is something at that point.
  • Ravalox
    Ravalox
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Karoneth and I as well as @Balkoth68 will be there .... Looking forward to seeing you all again!
    Ravalox Darkshire
    Developer of Wykkyd ESO AddOns and Ravalox' AddOns
    Co-Founder Brotherhood of Redemption ESO Branch
    Brotherhood of Redemption (A DC faction guild) http://eso.borguild.com *Always accepting worldwide applications for the PC NA server*

A proud member of The Psijic Order - 0.016%
  • Kyuumu
    Kyuumu
    ✭✭✭
    Can you please give us a timeline update on the addition of a barbershop and any other player or account customizations being developed?
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just have one question. Where is all the stuff you said you were going to put in from last years QuakeCon?
    https://youtu.be/_Jk7LrLgRfg
    :trollin:
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just have one question. Where is all the stuff you said you were going to put in from last years QuakeCon?

They already put more than half the stuff they talk about in the game already. Remember:
    • Facial animations
    • Vet city of Ash
    • Animations changes
    • Champion system
    • Justice system
    • Undaunted pledges(with monster helms and dungeon scaling)
    • Phase 1, 2 and 3 of the Vet system changed.
    • The rest of Craglorn (Dragon Star Arena)

The only stuff that is not in the game is:
    • Wrothgar which is now called Orsinium
    • Murkmire
    • Spell crafting
    • Imperial city
    • and anything that has any association with whats on this list.
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

They already put more than half the stuff they talk about in the game already. Remember:
    • Facial animations
    • Vet city of Ash
    • Animations changes
    • Champion system
    • Justice system

• Murkmire
    • Spell crafting
    • Imperial city
    • Dark Brotherhood
    • Thieves Guild
    • Phase 2 of the Justice System
    • Poison Crafting
    • Removal of Vet ranks
    Edited by eventide03b14a_ESO on July 9, 2015 7:59PM
    :trollin:
  • Lorkhan
    Lorkhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol, zos.
    who cares about quakecon?
    no more teasers, just give us next major patch alrdy.

"Soon™", right?
  • Lorkhan
    Lorkhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #afterconsoles, #afterE3, #afterquakecon

AFTER™
  • ItsGlaive
    ItsGlaive
    ✭✭✭✭✭

• Facial animations
    • Vet city of Ash
    • Animations changes
    • Champion system
    • Justice system

• Murkmire
    • Spell crafting
    • Imperial city

Actually they've skimped massively on facial animations. All we ended up getting was mouth animations, no brow animations or improvements to body language which is what they promised. And they've yet to offer a single comment or response when we ask why or even if the rest of the improvements in npc animation are still coming.
    Allow cross-platform transfers and merges
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was going to read the article but got trapped in the never ending age gate loop on my iPhone yet again. Maybe I'll just watch last year's video instead.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Slurg
    We're returning to QuakeCon this year; read on for the details and how you can get in on the fun!

QuakeCon is just around the corner, and we'll be back this year with a new panel. If you can't join us in Dallas, don't worry! We have events planned for everyone to celebrate this year's convention.

PANEL: IMPERIAL CITY AND BEYOND
    Members of the ESOTU development team will be discussing Imperial City and what else you can see in our next major content update, followed by a live Q&A. If you can't make it, you can submit your questions ahead of time on the official ESOTU forums, or on Twitter using hashtags #ESOTU and #QuakeCon. We'll also be streaming the panel live on our Twitch channel!

The ESOTU panel will be on Friday, July 24th from 4:30PM to 6:00PM CDT on the Ventrilo Main Stage. Joining us will be:

Matt Firor, Game Director

Rich Lambert, Creative Director

Brian Wheeler, Lead PvP Designer

Eric Wrobel, Lead Combat Designer

COMMUNITY MEET-AND-GREET
    Immediately after the panel, everyone is invited to hang out with us and get some of your favorite ESOTU items signed at the Gossip Bar at the Hilton Anatole! Meet the ESOTU developers from the panel along with Community Team members Gina Bruno and Jason Leavey at our casual meet-and-greet. Let us know if you plan to attend; we'd love to see you there!

GIVEAWAYS
    We'll be giving you a chance to win some great ESOTU goodies throughout the weekend including plushies, copies of the game, and even a custom Xbox One gaming console! Keep an eye on our website for more information.

QuakeCon is the largest North American LAN party and will be celebrating its 20th anniversary this year! If you've never been to the show before, you're missing out. Attendance is free to the public, so you should stop by, check out the show floor, and catch a few panels.

Discuss this on the official ESOTU forums.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭

• Facial animations
    • Vet city of Ash
    • Animations changes
    • Champion system
    • Justice system

• Murkmire
    • Spell crafting
    • Imperial city
    • Dark Brotherhood
    • Thieves Guild
    • Phase 2 of the Justice System
    • Poison Crafting
    • Removal of Vet ranks
    • All they shown of the thieves guild was concept art
    • The same with dark brother hood all we got was concept art of the armor and weapons.
    • There was nothing shown for poison crafting
    • They talked about doing phase 2 of the justice System but did not show anything about it.
    • Removal of the vet system was always a long term and we already know that is not happening anything soon.
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xabien wrote: »

• Facial animations
    • Vet city of Ash
    • Animations changes
    • Champion system
    • Justice system

• Murkmire
    • Spell crafting
    • Imperial city

Actually they've skimped massively on facial animations. All we ended up getting was mouth animations, no brow animations or improvements to body language which is what they promised. And they've yet to offer a single comment or response when we ask why or even if the rest of the improvements in npc animation are still coming.

No they did not if you read the road ahead about the facial animations they are focusing on facial animations by phases. So they are still working on getting the rest of the facial animations in the game when ever they decide to put it in the game.
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for posting the text @yodased!

Looking forward to seeing what they have to show at Quakecon. Hopefully we'll also get to see some of it on the live servers one day.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xabien wrote: »

• Facial animations
    • Vet city of Ash
    • Animations changes
    • Champion system
    • Justice system

• Murkmire
    • Spell crafting
    • Imperial city

No they did not if you read the road ahead about the facial animations they are focusing on facial animations by phases. So they are still working on getting the rest of the facial animations in the game when ever they decide to put it in the game.

Did they ever get mouth animations working on Mac? I seem to recall they had a problem there, but I did not pay attention after that.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Look forward to seeing you @Karoneth, @Ravalox and @Balkoth! Anyone else plan on attending in person? :)
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Sentinel
    Sentinel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did they ever get mouth animations working on Mac? I seem to recall they had a problem there, but I did not pay attention after that.

To answer that, no. Macs still do not have Face FX.
  • Ravalox
    Ravalox
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno we have posts up on our website looking to see who else might come along. @CreamOfChicken from the BoR will be there; I've also posted lookingto see if any of the Psijics will be around ...

:-D
    Ravalox Darkshire
    Developer of Wykkyd ESO AddOns and Ravalox' AddOns
    Co-Founder Brotherhood of Redemption ESO Branch
    Brotherhood of Redemption (A DC faction guild) http://eso.borguild.com *Always accepting worldwide applications for the PC NA server*

A proud member of The Psijic Order - 0.016%
  • GorraShatan
    GorraShatan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another year, another preview of the Imperial City. I'm already excited about it. I've been excited for a year. Stop hiping it and push it to PTS FFS!
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A large screen displaying the 2014 conference would save everyone a lot of time and effort.
    • Facial animations => Everyone was definitely asking for those, more than any new zone or system revamp.
    • Vet city of Ash => Crypt of Hearts was released 12 ½ months ago, which makes City of Ash the ONLY veteran dungeon released in 1 full year.
    • Animations changes => Same answer as facial animations.
    • Champion system => This one is a roaring success. See this thread.
    • Justice system => Everyone's still waiting for the pvp part ...
    • Undaunted pledges(with monster helms and dungeon scaling) => cool
    • Phase 1, 2 and 3 of the Vet system changed. => ... yet vet ranks are still in the game and increasing to V16. Hurrah!
    • The rest of Craglorn (Dragon Star Arena) => cool
    ZKNfp5D.png
    Edited by Gyudan on July 10, 2015 12:21AM
    Wololo.
  • Ixtyr
    Ixtyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

QUAKECON

Y U HAV 2 B IN DALLAS!?

---

:cry:

Wish I could go. Definitely excited, will be watching intently.
    Ixtyr Falavir - Bosmer Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant
    Reya Falavir - Dunmer Nightblade - Aldmeri Dominion
    Kaylin Falavir - Dunmer Nightblade - Ebonheart Pact
    ---
    Alyna Falavir - Dunmer Dragonknight - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aernah Falavir - Altmer Templar - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aranis Falavir - Bosmer Sorcerer - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aerin Falavir - Bosmer Warden - Daggerfall Covenant
    Rhys Falavir - Orc Sorcerer - Aldmeri Dominion
    Rhiannon Falavir - Altmer Templar - Aldmeri Dominion
    Nenara Falavir - Argonian Warden - Aldmeri Dominion
    Neera Falavir - Orc Warden - Aldmeri Dominion
    ---
    The Ska'vyn Exchange - Guild Master
    Vehemence - Officer
    Nightfighters - Member
    -
    Ømni - Guild Master (Retired)
    ---
    Moderator of /r/elderscrollsonline
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ohs yeah, Quakecon!!!! Whats going to be said, same stuff as last year, ZOMG. WOOOOOH YEAH! So Damn Excited!!! (and bitter)
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YAY we got the JUSTICE SYSTEM WITHOUT PVP, YAY!!! Oh YAY!!! yeah YAY!!! i had a few drinks YAY!!! but i say what i mean when im drunk YAY!!!!
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sentinel wrote: »

To answer that, no. Macs still do not have Face FX.

This is likely why they have not progressed further on the whole facial animation thing, then.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • LrdRahvin
    LrdRahvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YAY!!!!!

More stuff to sucker people in to paying for this game that doesn't actually get added to the game for over a year!

I can't wait!!!

>:)
  • LaerothKeykalyn
    LaerothKeykalyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Imperial City had been promised for a long time and well-illustrated in QUAKECON. Useless talk about what has been promised for a long time. They must talk about something worthwhile, instead of what they promised but never fulfilled. http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2014/08/20/the-road-ahead----august-20 "https://youtube.com/watch?v=69ABAiQ87qA[/url]
    Edited by LaerothKeykalyn on July 10, 2015 6:45AM
  • Korozenn
    Korozenn
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'll be there in spirit, @ZOS_GinaBruno ! I would love to attend QuakeCon, but couldn't make it there this year, unfortunately. There's always next time! :) Looking forward to watching the livestream this year!

Hope we can hear more about the upcoming, currently announced "zones" Orsinium, Murkmire, Clockwork City, Abah's Landing, and Mephala's Realm during the presentation. I just want to hear a date for when we can start expecting them to arrive either on the Live game or PTS as I think some more organization with when we can expect major content updates would be greatly appreciated. While I don't expect them to be every month, it would be ideal not to have them be more than two months apart for this next year as a current goal as I know the company must have more to manage on its plate now anyways with the console versions of the game as well as PC/Mac.

Honestly, I want to hear more about how progress is going with currently known phases of development in different areas of the game: facial animations, justice system, spellcrafting, champion system, and veteran ranks (or the removal thereof) being at the top five. I'm going into this fully expecting to hear and see more about The Dark Brotherhood as well as (maybe) the Thieves' Guild as the assets already seem to be there for the latter. Maybe even a look at Alchemy 2.0 with Poisons added to the mix? Those would all make the Justice System aspect of the game feel that much more visceral.

In general, I'd just like dates. I'm someone who likes to see games have some sort of schedule for when updates are going to happen as well as what to expect from them. Giving us a timeline would remedy a lot of problems. Usually, it's normal to know what to expect in a game for every season (3 months or so). That just hasn't been the case with ESO out of launch, so I'm hoping the launch of ESOTU on all platforms will remedy this here at this QuakeCon event.

Can't wait to see what you guys have to show! I'm pumped and ready to see what's in the pipeline. :)
    Edited by Korozenn on July 10, 2015 7:50AM