The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Official Discussion Thread for "QuakeCon 2015 is Coming"

• Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just have one question. Where is all the stuff you said you were going to put in from last years QuakeCon?
    https://youtu.be/_Jk7LrLgRfg

They already put more than half the stuff they talk about in the game already. Remember:
    • Facial animations
    • Vet city of Ash
    • Animations changes
    • Champion system
    • Justice system
    • Undaunted pledges(with monster helms and dungeon scaling)
    • Phase 1, 2 and 3 of the Vet system changed.
    • The rest of Craglorn (Dragon Star Arena)

The only stuff that is not in the game is:
    • Wrothgar which is now called Orsinium
    • Murkmire
    • Spell crafting
    • Imperial city
    • and anything that has any association with whats on this list.
    • Dark Brotherhood
    • Thieves Guild
    • Phase 2 of the Justice System
    • Poison Crafting
    • Removal of Vet ranks
    • All they shown of the thieves guild was concept art
    • The same with dark brother hood all we got was concept art of the armor and weapons.
    • There was nothing shown for poison crafting
    • They talked about doing phase 2 of the justice System but did not show anything about it.
    • Removal of the vet system was always a long term and we already know that is not happening anything soon.

They've actually shown Dark Brotherhood gear in game at QuakeCon. It's at the end of the Orsinium presentation.
    But even if all they did show was concept art, they still had more than enough time to translate that into actual game additions.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Quintal
    Quintal
    ✭✭✭
    But what about Paul Sage and Nick Konkle? Oh wait...
    ''Subscription fee means that we will offer players the game we set out to make, and the one that fans want to play. Going with any other model meant that we would have to make sacrifices and changes we weren't willing to make.''
    -Matt Firor
    Nick Konkle no longer part of ZOS
    Maria Aliprando no longer part of ZOS
    Paul Sage no longer part of ZOS
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just have one question. Where is all the stuff you said you were going to put in from last years QuakeCon?

They already put more than half the stuff they talk about in the game already. Remember:
    • Facial animations
    • Vet city of Ash
    • Animations changes
    • Champion system
    • Justice system

• Murkmire
    • Spell crafting
    • Imperial city
    • Dark Brotherhood
    • Thieves Guild
    • Phase 2 of the Justice System
    • Poison Crafting
    • Removal of Vet ranks
    • All they shown of the thieves guild was concept art
    • The same with dark brother hood all we got was concept art of the armor and weapons.
    • There was nothing shown for poison crafting
    • They talked about doing phase 2 of the justice System but did not show anything about it.
    • Removal of the vet system was always a long term and we already know that is not happening anything soon.

You're right some of that stuff we were supposed to have at release and it got delayed. Good job though right? We have half of the content a year later. Good job Zeni!
    :trollin:
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Korozenn wrote: »
    I'll be there in spirit, @ZOS_GinaBruno ! I would love to attend QuakeCon, but couldn't make it there this year, unfortunately. There's always next time! :) Looking forward to watching the livestream this year!

Hope we can hear more about the upcoming, currently announced "zones" Orsinium, Murkmire, Clockwork City, Abah's Landing, and Mephala's Realm during the presentation. I just want to hear a date for when we can start expecting them to arrive either on the Live game or PTS as I think some more organization with when we can expect major content updates would be greatly appreciated. While I don't expect them to be every month, it would be ideal not to have them be more than two months apart for this next year as a current goal as I know the company must have more to manage on its plate now anyways with the console versions of the game as well as PC/Mac.

Honestly, I want to hear more about how progress is going with currently known phases of development in different areas of the game: facial animations, justice system, spellcrafting, champion system, and veteran ranks (or the removal thereof) being at the top five. I'm going into this fully expecting to hear and see more about The Dark Brotherhood as well as (maybe) the Thieves' Guild as the assets already seem to be there for the latter. Maybe even a look at Alchemy 2.0 with Poisons added to the mix? Those would all make the Justice System aspect of the game feel that much more visceral.

In general, I'd just like dates. I'm someone who likes to see games have some sort of schedule for when updates are going to happen as well as what to expect from them. Giving us a timeline would remedy a lot of problems. Usually, it's normal to know what to expect in a game for every season (3 months or so). That just hasn't been the case with ESO out of launch, so I'm hoping the launch of ESOTU on all platforms will remedy this here at this QuakeCon event.

Can't wait to see what you guys have to show! I'm pumped and ready to see what's in the pipeline. :)

Aww, too bad you can't attend! If you change your mind, remember that attending the panels and exhibit are free. :)

Completely understand about the desire for dates for some of our future content, but just to set expectations, the focus of the panel will mainly be Imperial City and the features in that update. That said, we will be taking broader questions during the Q&A, and will spin up a forum thread sometime next week so anyone who can't join the panel or livestream can post questions ahead of time.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Takllin
    Takllin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be there in spirit, @ZOS_GinaBruno ! I would love to attend QuakeCon, but couldn't make it there this year, unfortunately. There's always next time! :) Looking forward to watching the livestream this year!

Hope we can hear more about the upcoming, currently announced "zones" Orsinium, Murkmire, Clockwork City, Abah's Landing, and Mephala's Realm during the presentation. I just want to hear a date for when we can start expecting them to arrive either on the Live game or PTS as I think some more organization with when we can expect major content updates would be greatly appreciated. While I don't expect them to be every month, it would be ideal not to have them be more than two months apart for this next year as a current goal as I know the company must have more to manage on its plate now anyways with the console versions of the game as well as PC/Mac.

Honestly, I want to hear more about how progress is going with currently known phases of development in different areas of the game: facial animations, justice system, spellcrafting, champion system, and veteran ranks (or the removal thereof) being at the top five. I'm going into this fully expecting to hear and see more about The Dark Brotherhood as well as (maybe) the Thieves' Guild as the assets already seem to be there for the latter. Maybe even a look at Alchemy 2.0 with Poisons added to the mix? Those would all make the Justice System aspect of the game feel that much more visceral.

In general, I'd just like dates. I'm someone who likes to see games have some sort of schedule for when updates are going to happen as well as what to expect from them. Giving us a timeline would remedy a lot of problems. Usually, it's normal to know what to expect in a game for every season (3 months or so). That just hasn't been the case with ESO out of launch, so I'm hoping the launch of ESOTU on all platforms will remedy this here at this QuakeCon event.

Can't wait to see what you guys have to show! I'm pumped and ready to see what's in the pipeline. :)

Aww, too bad you can't attend! If you change your mind, remember that attending the panels and exhibit are free. :)

Completely understand about the desire for dates for some of our future content, but just to set expectations, the focus of the panel will mainly be Imperial City and the features in that update. That said, we will be taking broader questions during the Q&A, and will spin up a forum thread sometime next week so anyone who can't join the panel or livestream can post questions ahead of time.

So this year is actually just a rehash of what last years presentation was.......Nice.
    Jadokis - AD Redguard DK v16 AR 18
    Jàsènn - AD Orc Templar 47 AR 10
    Jessèn - AD Dunmer DK v16 AR 9 - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade

Tekllin - AD Altmer Sorcerer v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Tekklin - AD Bosmer Nightblade v16 AR 12 (Ret.)
    Jasenn - DC Imperial Templar v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Jasènn - DC Orc Sorcerer v16 AR 15 (Ret.)
  • LrdRahvin
    LrdRahvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Also putting 2025 up as an ETA is pretty discouraging to players...

Always better to showcase lots of stuff and never actually follow through and actually implement it in-game.

/shellgame

>:)
  • RazzPitazz
    RazzPitazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    So this will be another episode of ESO Live but without fan creations, @ZOS_GinaBruno , or @ZOS_JessicaFolsom ?
    Can I just have ESO Live instead?
    Edited by RazzPitazz on July 10, 2015 3:01PM
    PC NA
    VR1 - Jar'eed - Khajiit Dragon Knight - AD
    VR1 - Broad Tail - Argonian Templar - EP
    All-Star Crafter Guild
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Takllin wrote: »

So this year is actually just a rehash of what last years presentation was.......Nice.

Not quite a fair assessment. You can be sure that the Imperial City this year is not the same Imperial City they were talking about at QuakeCon 2014, and is not the same Imperial City they would have delivered last fall. It will reflect changes in concept and design, and probably even ideas that came from the forum, over the last year.

That said, yes, they are still talking about Imperial City.
    Edited by Elsonso on July 10, 2015 3:36PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Tsegov
    Tsegov
    Soul Shriven
    This will be my first QuakeCon experience!!! Can't wait to see you guys there!

• ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Tsegov wrote: »

Exciting! Looking forward to meeting you. :) Will you be participating in the BYOC as well?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will Eric Wrobel be there?
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
  • Takllin
    Takllin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not quite a fair assessment. You can be sure that the Imperial City this year is not the same Imperial City they were talking about at QuakeCon 2014, and is not the same Imperial City they would have delivered last fall. It will reflect changes in concept and design, and probably even ideas that came from the forum, over the last year.

That said, yes, they are still talking about Imperial City.

How can we be sure that it is not the same? We have no frame of reference other than it is Imperial City, in Cyrodil, PvP area with PvE content. That much has stayed the same. Do you know something that the rest of us don't? They never announced that the delay was because they added new things in. In fact they haven't really said anything as to why this was delayed...we can assume why, but we know what happens when you assume...

I would certainly hope it's not the same as what could have been delivered last fall...

Look I'm critical because this is essentially a glorified ESO Live, with only two of the content portions. We haven't had a Road Ahead in forever, and this game seriously lacks direction. We get all these false promises, and you can't just keep blowing smoke up your customer's ass and expect to survive.

It just reeks of poor management. I'm not blaming Gina, I know she's just the messenger. She does well with what she's given, but she's been given a sack of *** to work with for a while now. The fact that they are using this big platform to only showcase Imperial City says a lot. I'm hoping for the best, but there can only be so many poor decisions...

TLDR, Management sucks, same stuff over and over again and no read ahead is dissatisfying.
    Jadokis - AD Redguard DK v16 AR 18
    Jàsènn - AD Orc Templar 47 AR 10
    Jessèn - AD Dunmer DK v16 AR 9 - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade

Tekllin - AD Altmer Sorcerer v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Tekklin - AD Bosmer Nightblade v16 AR 12 (Ret.)
    Jasenn - DC Imperial Templar v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Jasènn - DC Orc Sorcerer v16 AR 15 (Ret.)
  • Karoneth
    Karoneth
    ✭✭✭
    Will Eric Wrobel be there?

He is expected to be :)
    Guildmaster, Brotherhood of Redemption [DC - NA - PvX - Moderate]
    http://eso.borguild.com/
  • Korozenn
    Korozenn
    ✭✭✭✭

Not necessarily. It means ZeniMax isn't going to show or talk about content that isn't ready for PTS or the Live game if they're not in the pipeline for the next few months, essentially. It would be the equivalent of a game developer or publisher to come onto the stage at E3 and announce a game that won't be available until that year or the next, really. It's all about ensuring that you show off the quality your software and/or hardware in a way that both addresses and satisfies the needs of its target audience for the long-term rather than the short term.

As a result, it lends its way of being a much cleaner way of targeting information of new content updates that have a clear date to people as well as what improvements and new features you can expect from said updates. :)
    Edited by Korozenn on July 10, 2015 5:57PM
  • Korozenn
    Korozenn
    ✭✭✭✭

Awesome! I will certainly keep an eye out for that Q&A thread, @ZOS_GinaBruno ! :blush: Very glad to see you guys more focused on content coming within the next couple of months rather than showing off things that won't be available for a year or more as that really helps keep new content updates consistent with fan expectations.

I just realized it's also in Dallas, TX. Hnnng! >.< Why did I move this late into the Summer? Definitely going to be there next year! I'm literally just a couple hours away by car. lol
  • Jiigen
    Jiigen
    ✭✭✭
    The problem with talking about the Imperial City again is creating even more hype around it. If it got released a year ago when people first expected it they would just be exciting and new.
    Now the hype has grown so much that it will never be anything that we expect. The actual contents of the Imperial City have stopped being told since QuakeCon 2014. Certainly a lot of things have changed, probably ambitions that could not be realized. To talk about it a year later, update content for a game, is quite painful in my opinion.
    By this time we expected to have the Imperial City, Orsinium and Mirkmire and to be waiting for the release of spell crafting, the Thieves Guild and the Dark Brotherhood and were eagerly awaiting to hear more about spell crafting, diving and other new zones.

How different it could have been...
    "To a thing like me, a thing like you, well... Think how you'd feel if a bacterium sat at your table and started to get snarky." -Death

PC EU
  • Most_Awesome
    Most_Awesome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whats after Imperial City? It should have been out months after release not over a year. When it does finaly drop in December what then do we wait until December 2016 when you give us a re hash video of spell crafting and be told soon
  • Daenerys
    Daenerys
    ✭✭✭✭
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tsegov wrote: »

Exciting! Looking forward to meeting you. :) Will you be participating in the BYOC as well?

BYOC = Bring Your Own Content ?
    Wololo.
  • ItsGlaive
    ItsGlaive
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xabien wrote: »

• Facial animations
    • Vet city of Ash
    • Animations changes
    • Champion system
    • Justice system

• Murkmire
    • Spell crafting
    • Imperial city

Actually they've skimped massively on facial animations. All we ended up getting was mouth animations, no brow animations or improvements to body language which is what they promised. And they've yet to offer a single comment or response when we ask why or even if the rest of the improvements in npc animation are still coming.

No they did not if you read the road ahead about the facial animations they are focusing on facial animations by phases. So they are still working on getting the rest of the facial animations in the game when ever they decide to put it in the game.

First, I was disputing the fact they'd 'delivered' on this - they haven't at all.

Second, Phase 1 was almost a year ago now, and since then they've ignored any request for an update. Also correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't this Nick Konkle's baby? Now he's gone will we ever see another phase?
    Allow cross-platform transfers and merges
  • Korozenn
    Korozenn
    ✭✭✭✭

• Facial animations
    • Vet city of Ash
    • Animations changes
    • Champion system
    • Justice system

• Murkmire
    • Spell crafting
    • Imperial city

Actually they've skimped massively on facial animations. All we ended up getting was mouth animations, no brow animations or improvements to body language which is what they promised. And they've yet to offer a single comment or response when we ask why or even if the rest of the improvements in npc animation are still coming.

No they did not if you read the road ahead about the facial animations they are focusing on facial animations by phases. So they are still working on getting the rest of the facial animations in the game when ever they decide to put it in the game.

First, I was disputing the fact they'd 'delivered' on this - they haven't at all.

Second, Phase 1 was almost a year ago now, and since then they've ignored any request for an update. Also correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't this Nick Konkle's baby? Now he's gone will we ever see another phase?

The reason facial animations have taken so long is because they have to be distributed alongside major content updates. Jessica, Gina, and the others at ZOS have echoed this previously where it would take a lot more development time to implement a lot of changes in bits vs. all at once. The reason for this is because the team at ZOS would have to create another build of the game each time they want to do this, and it would just get too messy and keep updates held back from reaching the Live server than anything else.

Instead, pooling all of these changes together into the Imperial City update, such as Justice System Phase 2 and Facial Animations Phase 2, balancing updates, animation changes, and more, consolidates the newer content into a build that is far easier to implement into the live game after being tested.
  • qwjr8989_ESO
    qwjr8989_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    My parents have agreed to watch our daughter for the weekend (shes named Tamriel!) so me and my wife will be making the drive from st louis! yay!
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love to be there, but I couldn't justify paying for the flights and accommodation :(

And I'll be working whilst any live streams are on.....

So I guess I'll just miss out on everything...I don't even have a little piggie to console me :(
    CP561 Redguard | Jabsy Templar | Stamina Build
    CP561 Breton | Jesus Beam Templar | Magicka Build Forever!
    CP561 Naked Nord | Tanky DK | Stamigicka Build

✭✭✭ Check ESO Server Status Live!: http://eso.webhub.eu/ ✭✭✭
  • Ahaek
    Ahaek
    ✭✭
    WIll there be a ingame item if i join our live stream or show up in person? : /

All classes
    PvP, PvE & more
    YOUTUBE.com/channel/UCCJ2ylZoXlWt_om681UHT2Qt

FACEBOOK.com/groups/1390110124616278/

TWITTER.com/ESO_AHAEK

TWITCH.tv/Ahaek/profile
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope they don't announce a lot of new stuff that we won't be seeing for 2-3 years and focus on what's already been announced.
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
  • a1cyancyb14_ESO
    a1cyancyb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Just got time off to make a day trip to QuakeCon on Friday. :) Are you going to be selling anything there?
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    My parents have agreed to watch our daughter for the weekend (shes named Tamriel!) so me and my wife will be making the drive from st louis! yay!
    That's awesome! Have a safe trip!
    Just got time off to make a day trip to QuakeCon on Friday. :) Are you going to be selling anything there?
    Woohoo! The Bethesda Store will be in the exhibition hall, including a number of other exhibitors with neat things for sale.

Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on July 20, 2015 2:57PM
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • a1cyancyb14_ESO
    a1cyancyb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven

This makes me almost want kids :p
  • Kyuumu
    Kyuumu
    ✭✭✭
    I would also like an update on Orsinium. I thought it was coming WITH Imperial City but everything I have seen about IC so far does not support that theory.
  • Jiigen
    Jiigen
    ✭✭✭
    Kyuumu wrote: »
    I would also like an update on Orsinium. I thought it was coming WITH Imperial City but everything I have seen about IC so far does not support that theory.

Orsinium is most definitely not coming with the Imperial City, I don't know what gave you that idea. But that's always been a separate project, and thus will be most likely be the DLC package following Imperial City.

I don't want updates on that either, we already know it's coming, it was announced at last years QuakeCon as well. Same with Murkmire, although I believe that has gotten the least updates since, so might be nice to hear something about that.
    I know at QuakeCon 2014 they announced the Future of ESO, but the future has already been delayed by 8 months due to console release.

Nevertheless I am still interested in seeing what they have to say about anything.
    "To a thing like me, a thing like you, well... Think how you'd feel if a bacterium sat at your table and started to get snarky." -Death

PC EU