Maintenance for the week of September 9:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 9

end of campaign reward questions

SkullTitan
sorry for sounding a little nooby here but I just started pvping the last few weeks when me and my friends got eso for ps4 and wanted to ask about this I read some stuff but just made me really confused one thing said that if you are in the top 2% on the winning faction you can get legendary gear as rewards if you are rank 3 another said as long as you are top 2% of your alliance you can get it and a bunch of them just say something like if you have reward tier 3 you can get epic gear anyone able to explain it a little better? if so thank you and if not thank you for your time and have a nice day
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If I recall the tier was 2% for legendary and 10% for epic. The number of items awarded depends on your campaign (1 item for 7 day and (I think) up to 5 for the 30 day campaign).

The calculation from my experience was based on the total number of player participating in the campaign, not your faction.

Gold rewards however are based upon your faction ranking, your faction placement (1st, 2nd, 3rd), and your individual ranking. All of this is modified by your reward tier (max at Tier 3). You'll also get a loyalty bonus for staying continuously in a campaign.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • SkullTitan
    Ezareth wrote: »
    If I recall the tier was 2% for legendary and 10% for epic. The number of items awarded depends on your campaign (1 item for 7 day and (I think) up to 5 for the 30 day campaign).

The calculation from my experience was based on the total number of player participating in the campaign, not your faction.

Gold rewards however are based upon your faction ranking, your faction placement (1st, 2nd, 3rd), and your individual ranking. All of this is modified by your reward tier (max at Tier 3). You'll also get a loyalty bonus for staying continuously in a campaign.

thank you for your help
  • Raizin
    Raizin
    ✭✭✭✭
    SkullTitan wrote: »
    sorry for sounding a little nooby here but I just started pvping the last few weeks when me and my friends got eso for ps4 and wanted to ask about this I read some stuff but just made me really confused one thing said that if you are in the top 2% on the winning faction you can get legendary gear as rewards if you are rank 3 another said as long as you are top 2% of your alliance you can get it and a bunch of them just say something like if you have reward tier 3 you can get epic gear anyone able to explain it a little better? if so thank you and if not thank you for your time and have a nice day

your reward ll be just garbage - short version :D...

I remember first Auriel Bow campaign on EU ... when we won with AD after 90 days of 100% no life mode... i think reward was what, 10k gold? :D... So Amazing

But seriously, compared to that, todays rewards are rly nice...
    Edited by Raizin on July 8, 2015 12:58AM
    HellSeesYou = v16/AD/Rank 37-Former emp/EU TB-AZura(Old Auriels Bow badass) ___ Vampire Templar/Resto/Destro staff user from Banana squad
    HellSeesAll - v16/EP/Rank 19 Magicka NB/Necrotic Lag member
    HellSeesUs - v16/AD/Rank 18 Stamina Templar
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Raizin wrote: »
    SkullTitan wrote: »

your reward ll be just garbage - short version :D...

I remember first Auriel Bow campaign on EU ... when we won with AD after 90 days of 100% no life mode... i think reward was what, 10k gold? :D... So Amazing

But seriously, compared to that, todays rewards are rly nice...

Nah it was like 30K gold...well it was for being #2 on the campaign.

But yeah gold is so meh.....I get so much I cant spend it fast enough. When I see people rolling around in blues and purples I just don't get it.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the last 4 thornblade campaigns I have finished 130th, 64th, 62nd and 120th in my faction (not overall). I recieved 5 pieces of epic gear each time, including ravaging cuirass two months in a row. In short I have no idea what the cut off point is for epic gear, I guess it depends on how popular your campaign is. Seems pretty easy to get purple gear though. You get a small amount of gold regardless, the amount depends on who won. When Auriels Bow ended I got about 30k but I can't remember who won, pretty sure it was ad. That was a 90 day campaign though. Don't get any more than 13k when thornblade ends.
    PC | EU
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    We will be updating the rewards at the end of campaigns to include more gold across the board and if your Alliance comes in first and you've earned Tier 2 or 3...you'll get gear starting in the next major update.
    Wheeler
    ESO PVP Lead & Combat Lead
    Staff Post
  • k2blader
    k2blader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »
    Nah it was like 30K gold...well it was for being #2 on the campaign.

But yeah gold is so meh.....I get so much I cant spend it fast enough. When I see people rolling around in blues and purples I just don't get it.

I wish I had your problem-- I mean IRL. :-)

[edit]
    format derp

Edited by k2blader on July 8, 2015 4:06AM
    Disabling the grass may improve performance.
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    We will be updating the rewards at the end of campaigns to include more gold across the board and if your Alliance comes in first and you've earned Tier 2 or 3...you'll get gear starting in the next major update.
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler
    Are you doing anything about rewards of the worthy? They are pretty obnoxious. I can never receive mails from people.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• qsnoopyjr
    qsnoopyjr
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler
    Are you doing anything about rewards of the worthy? They are pretty obnoxious. I can never receive mails from people.

There is no rewards of worth tier 2 or 3..
    So he can only be talking about end of campaign reward tier 2 or 3.

This means that even if your not in the 2% or 10%.. You will still get a reward as long as your end of campaign reward is 2 or 3.
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Please consider de-linking Alliance finish and gear rewards. That exacerbates the bandwagon effect. We don't want the entire third-place faction fleeing the 30 days every time the 14's recycle.
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

• timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    qsnoopyjr wrote: »
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler

There is no rewards of worth tier 2 or 3..
    So he can only be talking about end of campaign reward tier 2 or 3.

This means that even if your not in the 2% or 10%.. You will still get a reward as long as your end of campaign reward is 2 or 3.

My post was about rewards of this worthy and them filling up my mailbox not end campaign rewards.

• ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    Rewards for the worthy are getting reduced in frequency as the amount to earn one is being increased, however the gold and gear inside the bags is being increased.
    Wheeler
    Staff Post
  • BigTone
    BigTone
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler Can something be done to make rewards for the worthy more valuable? I don't need my 78th covenant's helm. How about something I can actually use like repair stones or siege?
    Big'Tone-V16 DC Sorc AR31
    Sneaky'Tone-V16 DC NB AR22
    Holy'Tone-V12 DC Temp
    Chunky'Tone-33 DC DK (BWB beast)

Worst NB NA
    Roll dodging magicka sorc

"Do you know why they call him Big'Tone?"
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rewards for the worthy are getting reduced in frequency as the amount to earn one is being increased, however the gold and gear inside the bags is being increased.

I know the bags are 'auto-opened' in the mails now. But by the bags themselves being increased, would you mean like a rotation of PVP vendor bags? Or at least a small chance for one of the high-end relevant sets from those bags?

Or are you referring to new hush hush gear? So much to talk about and so little that can be said :)
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Repair kits, occasional siege and even some potions could be awesome.
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    Higher percentage chance at getting blues and purples. We also upped the chance of getting full grand soul gems and have discussed other things to add for later patches.
    Wheeler
    Staff Post
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Great news. Now I can obliterate hordes of AD without having to do 2 hours of mailbox maintenance.

• Earendal
    Earendal
    ✭✭✭✭

A step in the right direction. Did you ever think that rewards that kept people from dropping campaigns without batting a lash would help deter Emp swapping/farming?
    Edited by Earendal on July 8, 2015 2:12PM
    Earendal - AD Templar
    Earendal Ebonheart - EP Templar
    Earendal Spellstorm - EP Sorcerer

Haxus and Havoc
  • SturgeHammer
    SturgeHammer
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler, will the different campaign scoring systems have different rewards? For example, will the Scrolls Matter campaign have different rewards than the Resources Matter campaign?
    First-in-Line - Swings-for-Lethal
    Green-Thumb - Scale-Factor
    Hist-Tree-Major - A-Late-One
    Needs-Some-Help - Dead-Last
  • Quantine
    Quantine
    ✭✭✭
    Glad you thought about that!
    EU | AD | Banana Squad Inc | Arena | The Pariah | Keepers of Cyrodiil

Arulash, DK, rank 33
    Eledwhen Elmwoods, NB, rank 30
    Lil Aru, OP Templar healer, rank 23
    Aru on Flames, DK, rank 17

NA | EP | Banana Squad Inc
    Aru's Sis, DK
  • bertenburnyb16_ESO
    bertenburnyb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Higher percentage chance at getting blues and purples. We also upped the chance of getting full grand soul gems and have discussed other things to add for later patches.

wow wow wow hold the presses
    u mean currently theres already a chance of getting blues/purples?
    I've opened a bazillion of those mails and every single time its been green
    Edited by bertenburnyb16_ESO on July 8, 2015 2:26PM
    Haze Ramoran Dunmer Dragonknight Tank/Dps – Smoked-Da-Herb Saxheel Templar Tank/Healer

Red Diamond, Protect us 'til the end (EU EP Thorn)
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    End of campaign rewards for the 30 day will give more items than the 7 day, but the rewards for the worthy bags are the same regardless of duration of campaign. And there was already a chance for blues to drop in the bags, but not purples. We added the purple chance in the coming patch.
    Wheeler
    Staff Post
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    End of campaign rewards for the 30 day will give more items than the 7 day, but the rewards for the worthy bags are the same regardless of duration of campaign. And there was already a chance for blues to drop in the bags, but not purples. We added the purple chance in the coming patch.

Are you sure Brian? I've gotten thousands of bags and have never gotten a blue. What patch did this come in. I don't think it applied.
    Edited by TheBull on July 8, 2015 2:36PM
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler what about the chance to drop items from pvp bags (morag tong, hawk eye, elfbane etc) the rewards really don't feel worthy at all at the moment regardless of the item quality.
    It would be really nice to see those drop but at a low drop rate :)
    #MOREORBS
  • BigTone
    BigTone
    ✭✭✭✭

I have opened thousands and have never received a blue :( I guess the drop rate is lower than nirn items
    Big'Tone-V16 DC Sorc AR31
    Sneaky'Tone-V16 DC NB AR22
    Holy'Tone-V12 DC Temp
    Chunky'Tone-33 DC DK (BWB beast)

Worst NB NA
    Roll dodging magicka sorc

"Do you know why they call him Big'Tone?"
  • Quantine
    Quantine
    ✭✭✭
    TheBull wrote: »

Are you sure Brian? I've gotten thousands of bags and have never gotten a blue. What patch did this come in. I don't think it applied.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler

Same here, tons of bags and not a single blue item so far..
    EU | AD | Banana Squad Inc | Arena | The Pariah | Keepers of Cyrodiil

Arulash, DK, rank 33
    Eledwhen Elmwoods, NB, rank 30
    Lil Aru, OP Templar healer, rank 23
    Aru on Flames, DK, rank 17

NA | EP | Banana Squad Inc
    Aru's Sis, DK
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TheBull wrote: »
    Same. Hundreds upon hundreds upon hundreds of bags, no blues.
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    That percentage chance was really...really...really low. It's been upped significantly now to roughly a 10% getting a blue, and 5% getting a purple. Also remember there was 0% purple before =)
    Edited by ZOS_BrianWheeler on July 8, 2015 2:47PM
    Wheeler
    Staff Post
  • Observant
    Observant
    ✭✭✭✭
    ^
    I don't believe it was ever working, not once have I had blue/purp gear out of the thousands I've received.
    Vehemence
  • Morvul
    Morvul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I kind of like the chance for blue and purple drops from the "reward for the worthy" mails, but I presume it will be blue and purple versions of the equipment that is already dropping in green form - hence mostly usefull to extract the crafting components...

and just to be obnoxious :wink: I'm pretty certain that "rewards for the worthy" do not curently grant blue items, ever