Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Question since I'm new here

Chaos0720
Chaos0720
✭✭✭
I've seen multiple posts get closed down because trading posts aren't allowed and such. And the person gets told to join a trading guild in game if they want to conduct business. My problem is that apparently there are gear sets that drop randomly in game that people are looking for and if I were to have items, I have no need for them (I plan on crafting my own once I unlock what I want), and I honestly don't have any interest in joining a trading guild, because I'm not looking to rack in massive amounts of cash on them. So is there somewhere on the forums that posts advertising what I have to let people know, or is it not allowed anywhere on the forums. Because I honestly don't want to break the rules here, but I feel bad destroying something that someone might be looking for or wanting.
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are new im assuming you are below vet. ranks. Below lvl50 all items are worthless - if they are blue or higher, they are used only to decinstruct them and get upgrade material, so i wouldnt worry so much about this.
  • Chaos0720
    Chaos0720
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, nearly level 40. I didn't think the stats were that good on the items, but that really didn't answer my question.
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No trading or advertising threads are allowed.
  • Chaos0720
    Chaos0720
    ✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    No trading or advertising threads are allowed.

Thank you for answering what I asked.
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    " I honestly don't have any interest in joining a trading guild, because I'm not looking to rack in massive amounts of cash on them"

Only top tier trading guilds require you to put in massive amounts of cash. I'm in one that require you to put up a certain amount of trades each week OR buy a ticket 1000g) in the weekly lottery. They have a guildtrader in a central location and sales go quickly. there are even trading guilds with traders in the lesser towns that dont have any requirements to be a member. The trading guild has a trader in eldenroot while my main casual guild has a trader in marbruk. I really don't see a lot of difference in speed of sales. The elden root one is slightly quicker, but I usually make the sale whatever guild I put it on.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • Azurephoenix999
    Azurephoenix999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ranique wrote: »
    " I honestly don't have any interest in joining a trading guild, because I'm not looking to rack in massive amounts of cash on them"

Only top tier trading guilds require you to put in massive amounts of cash. I'm in one that require you to put up a certain amount of trades each week OR buy a ticket 1000g) in the weekly lottery. They have a guildtrader in a central location and sales go quickly. there are even trading guilds with traders in the lesser towns that dont have any requirements to be a member. The trading guild has a trader in eldenroot while my main casual guild has a trader in marbruk. I really don't see a lot of difference in speed of sales. The elden root one is slightly quicker, but I usually make the sale whatever guild I put it on.

*sigh*

He didn't say he doesn't want to pay to join the guild, he's saying he doesn't want to join because he's not interested in receiving tons of money in exchange for the item. I think all he wants is just a way to contact people for one off trades.

I myself would like the same thing. I mean, why do they have that rule anyway? How is organizing trades on the forums going to negatively affect the game? As long as it's not cluttering the place (which it wouldn't if there was a place on the forums dedicated to it) then I hardly see what the problem is.
    Guildmaster of Spectral Liberty - Xbox One - European Megaserver
  • Chaos0720
    Chaos0720
    ✭✭✭

*sigh*

He didn't say he doesn't want to pay to join the guild, he's saying he doesn't want to join because he's not interested in receiving tons of money in exchange for the item. I think all he wants is just a way to contact people for one off trades.

I myself would like the same thing. I mean, why do they have that rule anyway? How is organizing trades on the forums going to negatively affect the game? As long as it's not cluttering the place (which it wouldn't if there was a place on the forums dedicated to it) then I hardly see what the problem is.

This exactly. I'm not out to do like other people do and try to make as much on stuff. I just wanted a place to coordinate. Ya know. I don't want to broker a business deal, just want to let people know that if they want set X, and they have armor piece a with trait z, I would trade.
  • Azurephoenix999
    Azurephoenix999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chaos0720 wrote: »

*sigh*

This exactly. I'm not out to do like other people do and try to make as much on stuff. I just wanted a place to coordinate. Ya know. I don't want to broker a business deal, just want to let people know that if they want set X, and they have armor piece a with trait z, I would trade.

Someone who agrees with me! Do you want to group up?

Xbox One
    European Megaserver
    Ebonheart Pact

You?
  • Azurephoenix999
    Azurephoenix999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why don't you guys trade through zonechat instead of the forums? I am curious...

Do you have any idea how embarrassing it is to go on area chat and go "HEY U GUYZ! HU WANTZ TO BAI MAI ARMORRRR!??" and to have literally nobody respond?

EDIT: Is zone chat different from area chat? If it's exclusive to PC then yeah, we don't have it.
    Edited by Azurephoenix999 on July 4, 2015 4:56PM
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why don't you guys trade through zonechat instead of the forums? I am curious...
    Because consoles don't have zone chat.
  • Chaos0720
    Chaos0720
    ✭✭✭
    I would but I'm on PS4 and NA server lol. But yeah, I don't like going on my mic let alone to just randomly start asking people if they want my ***. I realize that there are other methods of going about it and like I said before, I'm not trying to break any forum rules. I just wanted to know if there was a place that it was allowed on the forums.
  • Azurephoenix999
    Azurephoenix999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chaos0720 wrote: »
    I would but I'm on PS4 and NA server lol. But yeah, I don't like going on my mic let alone to just randomly start asking people if they want my ***. I realize that there are other methods of going about it and like I said before, I'm not trying to break any forum rules. I just wanted to know if there was a place that it was allowed on the forums.

Oh, you're on PS4? Curses! I wanted to group up!
    Edited by Azurephoenix999 on July 4, 2015 4:59PM
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you have any idea how embarrassing it is to go on area chat and go "HEY U GUYZ! HU WANTZ TO BAI MAI ARMORRRR!??" and to have literally nobody respond?

EDIT: Is zone chat different from area chat? If it's exclusive to PC then yeah, we don't have it.

Thanks for explaining this to me, I did not know that consoles don't have zonechat.

It sounds like a very humiliating thing to try to sell in voice chat. I hope Zenimax will soon provide you with better alternatives.
  • Azurephoenix999
    Azurephoenix999
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for explaining this to me, I did not know that consoles don't have zonechat.

It sounds like a very humiliating thing to try to sell in voice chat. I hope Zenimax will soon provide you with better alternatives.

It is very humiliating. They should just provide us with an area on the forums so we can trade.