Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Frost Mare

• Celas_Dranacea
    Celas_Dranacea
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the price was lower, too many people would buy it and we'd all be pissed off that this was even more lore breaking - I'm glad the price will restrict the number of these running around. Good job ZOS.
    A Bosmer Nightblade Werewolf
  • AkDarkness33
    AkDarkness33
    ✭✭
    Finally got me a mount, but it ain't all what I thought it would be, I can run farther sprinting with my character & last probably twice as long... you'd kinda think a mount was better than running... but I guess since my mount is brand new i'd think after a few upgrades it'll be better than my character in the long run...

• Divinius
    Divinius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    $30 for a simple horse skin?

ZOS are you tripping?

I think I'm actually offended by this. The only thing more shameless would be a "LIMITED TIME YOU BUY NOW!" tag attached.

:(

Did you not noticed the stickied post at the top of this section?

It is limited time only.

Seriously, they are just going to keep releasing these "limited time" mounts at increasingly more expensive prices, just to see how much people are willing to pay. And since there will always be whales willing to spend anything on a mount, expect to see $200 mounts in about a year from now.
  • LillyAngel
    LillyAngel
    ✭✭
    JDar wrote: »
    Frost Mare -- Really?
    3000 crowns? REALLY?

I was in the process of logging in just for the purpose of posting the same exact thing.

ZOS are you tripping?

I think I'm actually offended by this. The only thing more shameless would be a "LIMITED TIME YOU BUY NOW!" tag attached.

Worked for WoW (25$ for a mount), will most definitely work here. The game is subscription-free, what do you expect? They have to make money, and a lot of people will happily shell out 30$ for it.

LOL, so true. The people complaining about ZOS making money from stuff like this are THE SAME PEOPLE THAT PLAYED WOW AND OTHER MMOS AND SPENT MUCH MORE ON SIMILAR STUFF.

GROW UP PEOPLE and stop complaining. No one is forcing you to buy it!

Edited by LillyAngel on July 2, 2015 4:25PM
    Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
  • Snowgoons
    Snowgoons
    ✭✭✭✭
    LillyAngel wrote: »
    Frost Mare -- Really?
    3000 crowns? REALLY?

I was in the process of logging in just for the purpose of posting the same exact thing.

ZOS are you tripping?

Worked for WoW (25$ for a mount), will most definitely work here. The game is subscription-free, what do you expect? They have to make money, and a lot of people will happily shell out 30$ for it.

LOL, so true. The people complaining about ZOS making money from stuff like this are THE SAME PEOPLE THAT PLAYED WOW AND OTHER MMOS AND SPENT MUCH MORE ON SIMILAR STUFF.

What does pointing out a ridiculous price for something stupid have to do with growing up?

People like you are hilarious to me.

Back on topic though, ZOS you know damn well with the fire horse costing as much as it does that this ice version is some BS, you should all be ashamed, and you are damn right I won't be purchasing this nonsense or any further nonsense you guys put out.
    Rollin' round Tamriel on that skooma wasted like a failed Grand Theft Auto mission.
  • JesterH
    JesterH
    ✭✭✭
    Why so angry ? Alot or mmos do this ! And its usally around that price too. And you KNOW ? Its optional ! Mind =blown
    "We Know"
  • spawn10459
    spawn10459
    ✭✭✭
    3000 Crowns is WAYYY to much............................... I mean talk about gauging the players. I would get it for 1500 crowns or even 2000 crowns but 30$ for a mount is crazy.
  • Seafoam_hydra
    Seafoam_hydra
    ✭✭✭
    Edited/deleted
    Edited by Seafoam_hydra on June 14, 2023 3:28AM
  • Dante_Ravenkin
    I bought it. It looks like it's made of diamond so naturally I named mine 'Butt Stallion'.
    'This throne is arguably the most uncomfortable piece of furniture in the Kingdom. And I get to use it.'
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you post some screenshots or videos so we can see how amazing it is from work ? :)
    Edited by Sotha_Sil on July 2, 2015 4:49PM
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Ruthven
    Ruthven
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone remember the Horse Armour DLC for Oblivion? This kind of reminds me of it: Overpriced and utterly useless. :D
    Edited by Ruthven on July 2, 2015 5:08PM
  • tengri
    tengri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Price makes perfect sense.

One thing that ppl need to understand is that Clown Store prices are not intended for the normal ppl on the street.
    The intended target are those who still pay Plus membership and sit on their "free" crowns in anticipation for real DLCs content - those crowns need to be drained by any means necessary before said content is due to arrive.
  • Ruthven
    Ruthven
    ✭✭✭
    ^^ This makes no sense. At the current rate, it would take 6 months of ES Plus membership to accumulate the Crowns needed for the Frost Mare.

The price is ridiculous. Period. As you stated, mistyped or not, CLOWN Store. ;)
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LillyAngel wrote: »
    Frost Mare -- Really?
    3000 crowns? REALLY?

ZOS are you tripping?

Nobody spent that amount on a reskinned mount. In EQ2 a mount would go from $10-$20 and it would do things like fly or move exceptionally fast. The price point is ridiculous and they ought to be told so.
    :trollin:
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's also distressing that they are spending their time and resources on this nonsense instead of giving us any of the content they said they were going to a year ago. Why should they finish their product when they can just pump out over priced fluff items. Remember any of this ZOS? Where is it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Jk7LrLgRfg
    :trollin:
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Finally got me a mount, but it ain't all what I thought it would be, I can run farther sprinting with my character & last probably twice as long... you'd kinda think a mount was better than running... but I guess since my mount is brand new i'd think after a few upgrades it'll be better than my character in the long run...

Mounts have no special stats. They inherit their stats from the character riding them. So you should go visit the stable and learn some riding skills for your character like Speed, Stamina, and Inventory. All mounts you ride, Frost Mare and anything else, will benefit from this.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ruthven wrote: »
    Anyone remember the Horse Armour DLC for Oblivion? This kind of reminds me of it: Overpriced and utterly useless. :D

Wasn't that like $2.50? That would be 250 Crowns. :lol:
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • kamikaze590
    Yeah uf anything I'm gonna buy the Dwemer motif and find some dwemer frames and that will be the last thing that I buy on this game, until the new dlc of course, I'm just too happy with my Nightmare mount lol
  • Ruthven
    Ruthven
    ✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »

Wasn't that like $2.50? That would be 250 Crowns. :lol:
    Yea and people were flipping out then! :D

3,000 Crowns is close to Expansion Pack money, not useless mount money.

EDIT: I must correct myself.. It would take two months of ESO+ to pay for this and not six. For some reason I thought you only get 500 when in fact you get 1,500. My apologies.
    Edited by Ruthven on July 2, 2015 7:21PM
  • Jokerz Fury
    Jokerz Fury
    ✭✭
    ^^ This makes no sense. At the current rate, it would take 6 months of ES Plus membership to accumulate the Crowns needed for the Frost Mare.

The price is ridiculous. Period. As you stated, mistyped or not, CLOWN Store. ;)

LOL, no it would take 2 months but I guess 6 months is close. B)
  • Krossus
    Krossus
    ✭✭✭
    Dear God, buy the mount! It wants you to ride it. Is it too much to ask to buy this mount that will keep you cool on a hot summer's day. All the mount wants is to be loved. Buy it.
    Know thyself, know thy enemy; a thousand battles, a thousand victories.......................Sun Tzu
  • xManimalx
    xManimalx
    I bought 5.5k crowns today, not getting this mount though, it's just a horse. I'll save for something rare and exotic, like riding a flying harpies with a cigar in its mouth. Plus that price is steep.
  • Tyr
    Tyr
    ✭✭✭✭

Riiiiight. Except WoW mounts could FLY. Plus they were elaborate and unique, not 5-min Photoshop retextures of the same boring horse model that already exists in-game times 10.

Retexturing a horse and adding particle effects, synchronized sound effects, etc.. it a game with the kind of graphical fidelity that ESO has is FAR FAR more work than designing a low polygon, low texture map overlay to WoW.

ESO mounts are just elaborate and unique in different ways and claiming that they require less work than WoW mounts isn't valid.
  • Tyr
    Tyr
    ✭✭✭✭

You get 1500 per month, so it's only 2 months.
    You're overall thrust is correct, though since ZOS releases crown store content about 4X faster than ES plus members recieve crowns so your monthly allotment will get you 1-2 items from the crown store each month in the best case scenario.
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the price was lower, too many people would buy it and we'd all be pissed off that this was even more lore breaking - I'm glad the price will restrict the number of these running around. Good job ZOS.

I think Master Yoda should remind you of your meds, young padawan. If they did not introduce the chimera in the first place, no need to restrict its numbers there would be.
  • Sidney
    Sidney
    ✭✭✭✭
    This one loves her 3000 Crown Frost Pony.

f3dvjy4scorp.png
    >.<_____/
    If you want me to read a post aimed at me, please put @Sidney.
    Please give us tail armor and dyeable tail ribbons.
    Click Here -->Support Dyeable Tail Ribbons<---
    All your mats r belong to Khajiit.
    Click Here -->Support Tail Armor<---
  • DerekTheExtreme
    it's not a bad deal if you've been sitting on plus crowns, but none of us console players have gathered any of those yet.
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Sidney I am happy for you, truly. Also that is one cute Khajiit. :)

It isn't even that I couldn't learn to live with the price. I would just wait for it to go on sale. The thing that really bothers me is how ZOS can't seem to let the quality stand on it's own, and feels compelled to pull this market manipulation BS with one "limited time" offer after another.

That is what needs to go. Charge whatever you think you can get, but stop disrespecting your customers with this "limited time buy now!" market manipulation BS.

Maybe more people WOULD buy it once their Plus crowns stacked up. But if you pull this limited time BS they won't have a chance to give you money, will they.

It is in poor taste.
  • Sidney
    Sidney
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Sidney I am happy for you, truly. Also that is one cute Khajiit. :)

It isn't even that I couldn't learn to live with the price. I would just wait for it to go on sale. The thing that really bothers me is how ZOS can't seem to let the quality stand on it's own, and feels compelled to pull this market manipulation BS with one "limited time" offer after another.

That is what needs to go. Charge whatever you think you can get, but stop disrespecting your customers with this "limited time buy now!" market manipulation BS.

Maybe more people WOULD buy it once their Plus crowns stacked up. But if you pull this limited time BS they won't have a chance to give you money, will they.

It is in poor taste.

I do agree with all you say (especially the cute Khajiit part), it is set up poorly. People like me make it work though because I'd rather deal with how it's done and have my pretty things. I do hope they stop doing that though.
    >.<_____/
    If you want me to read a post aimed at me, please put @Sidney.
    Please give us tail armor and dyeable tail ribbons.
    Click Here -->Support Dyeable Tail Ribbons<---
    All your mats r belong to Khajiit.
    Click Here -->Support Tail Armor<---