The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Frost Mare

JDar
JDar
✭✭✭✭✭
Frost Mare -- Really?
3000 crowns? REALLY?
  • bertenburnyb16_ESO
    bertenburnyb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All the cewl kids will be riding it
    Haze Ramoran Dunmer Dragonknight Tank/Dps – Smoked-Da-Herb Saxheel Templar Tank/Healer

Red Diamond, Protect us 'til the end (EU EP Thorn)
  • BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So dlc's will be what 5000 or more. :smiley:

For the state this game is in? LOL
    “The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I might get the horse if I have loads of spare crowns (and they don't seem to be very speedy at stocking the store with costumes) but only ever for use in snowy areas. Not going to use it where I think it will look daft and out of place.
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Desolationz
    Is the Frost Mare intended to make no noise or is this another bug?
    Theodosius Alduin
    VR8 - Imperial - Dragonknight - Ebonheart Pact - Stamina Based - Melee DPS/Tank - Male - Werewolf - PvE/PvP - Blacksmith & Carpenter
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Link @JDar?
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Seafoam_hydra
    Seafoam_hydra
    ✭✭✭
    Edited/deleted
    Edited by Seafoam_hydra on June 14, 2023 3:29AM
  • Thymos
    Thymos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Thymos on July 2, 2015 2:58PM
    The Older Gamers Recruitment Thread
    Always accepting new members for NA and EU server. PvP PvE RP all welcome. Must be 25+ yo to join.
    http://www.theoldergamers.com/
  • nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey look, more Crown Store crap. What a surprise, LOL.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thymos wrote: »

Thanks! I didn't know about the price. 3K! Whew!

Good thing is it'll keep it "rare-ish"
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Seafoam_hydra
    Seafoam_hydra
    ✭✭✭
    Edited/deleted
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, that is expensive, but if you spend 3000 crowns on heinous mount, it will boost your prestige and standing among other whales considerably.
  • JDar
    JDar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look, ZoS, the cats and guars were kind of pushing it. This is really bad, guys. It's hideous, and on top of that a shameless cash grab.
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JDar wrote: »
    Frost Mare -- Really?
    3000 crowns? REALLY?

I was in the process of logging in just for the purpose of posting the same exact thing.

$30 for a simple horse skin?

ZOS are you tripping?

I think I'm actually offended by this. The only thing more shameless would be a "LIMITED TIME YOU BUY NOW!" tag attached.

:(
    Edited by Phinix1 on July 2, 2015 3:03PM
  • Thymos
    Thymos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look, ZoS, the cats and guars were kind of pushing it. This is really bad, guys. It's hideous, and on top of that a shameless cash grab.

I feel ashamed... no I don't. But after reading everything here, I am going to go buy some crowns and get it, then maybe I'll look for you in game to ride around you a bit. I'll even name the Frost Mare JDar, after what inspired me to buy it.
    Edited by Thymos on July 2, 2015 3:03PM
    The Older Gamers Recruitment Thread
    Always accepting new members for NA and EU server. PvP PvE RP all welcome. Must be 25+ yo to join.
    http://www.theoldergamers.com/
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So are these actually in game now?
    CP561 Redguard | Jabsy Templar | Stamina Build
    CP561 Breton | Jesus Beam Templar | Magicka Build Forever!
    CP561 Naked Nord | Tanky DK | Stamigicka Build

✭✭✭ Check ESO Server Status Live!: http://eso.webhub.eu/ ✭✭✭
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    P3ZZL3 wrote: »
    So are these actually in game now?

yep, they are running around Reaper's as we speak.
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • Seafoam_hydra
    Seafoam_hydra
    ✭✭✭
    Edited/deleted
  • JDar
    JDar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thymos wrote: »

I feel ashamed... no I don't. But after reading everything here, I am going to go buy some crowns and get it, then maybe I'll look for you in game to ride around you a bit. I'll even name the Frost Mare JDar, after what inspired me to buy it.

Knock yourself out!
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frost Mare -- Really?
    3000 crowns? REALLY?

I was in the process of logging in just for the purpose of posting the same exact thing.

$30 for a simple horse skin?

ZOS are you tripping?

I think I'm actually offended by this. The only thing more shameless would be a "LIMITED TIME YOU BUY NOW!" tag attached.

:(

Testing

The 2500 Senche limited time must of done really well.
    So now they need to see just how far they can push it.

Cant wait to see the dlc prices........ if they price the amount of work of that horse for over 30 dollars.
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BigM wrote: »

I am beginning to worry about this as well.

Imperial Motif = ~$40 (depending on sub or purchased crowns)
    Frost Horse Skin = ~$30

DLC that other games would charge $30-$40 dollars for:

$80? $90?
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Worked for WoW (25$ for a mount), will most definitely work here. The game is subscription-free, what do you expect? They have to make money, and a lot of people will happily shell out 30$ for it.

Riiiiight. Except WoW mounts could FLY. Plus they were elaborate and unique, not 5-min Photoshop retextures of the same boring horse model that already exists in-game times 10.
  • BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Frost Horse Skin = ~$30

$80? $90?

Yep that is what is worrying me, just will not be worth it the state game is in.
    “The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking
  • Jokerz Fury
    Jokerz Fury
    ✭✭
    You know, that's the exact feeling I had when I saw the price tag. But of course I bought it anyways because it's a collectible. However, I do see why it's the price with the effects it has when running or when you have it jump in the air, the sounds it makes. When it hit the ground it sounded like a thunder crack which is awesome.

I really think it's a fair price, it's an awesome collectible mount, definitely worth buying IMO.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Frost Horse Skin = ~$30

$80? $90?

I'm expecting $50-$60
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm torn... of course.. I need to see it in game with my own eyes before purchasing.. but.. all my mounts are used at different times. (PvP, harvesting, light questing etc.) and I just don't know where this mount would fit in :/
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Overpriced mounts seem to be a thing in MMOs. I would not read too much into that when figuring out what DLC will cost. Imperial City is going to be what size? Stros M'Kai-ish? Khenarthi's Roost-ish? And lower population factions may even have a hard time accessing it? They will be in for the backlash to end all backlashes if they overcharge for that.

So be careful, ZOS. If a mount is overpriced, people will be annoyed but keep playing. If DLC is overpriced, people will move on to a different game. Pricing people out of cosmetic fluff is one thing, pricing them out of playable content is much different. I think you know this. We'll see.
  • lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont have a character I think this mount would suit and I like doing things like that. I mean this as a mount for a nord cyromancer would be fantastic but I have not seen an end game viable cyromancer build yet so no dice.
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    $30 for a mount is ridiculous. That's two months worth of sub. For what?? This is the greediest thing I have seen yet from ZOS. Are they really that desperate for money they feel like they need to gouge their customers with fluff items?
    :trollin:
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The mount also comes with a new title "Rube".
    :trollin:
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    $30 for a mount is ridiculous. That's two months worth of sub. For what?? This is the greediest thing I have seen yet from ZOS. Are they really that desperate for money they feel like they need to gouge their customers with fluff items?

The least they could have done, the DECENT thing to do, would have been to put the fire mount up for 50% off. Being as it is SUMMER, and all the department stores put their too-hot-for-summer stuff on sale this time of year.

Alas, the grab is strong with this one.

Methinks this marketing psychology is going to bite them in the arse in the not-too-distant future.