Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

A New Armor Discussion [With Pictures! :D]

• Schnuffles
    Schnuffles
    ✭✭✭
    Forztr wrote: »
    i just want to see optional hip plates or at least have them scale better on smaller characters, just screws up so many otherwise good looking armor sets

Its funny I have noticed that the hip plates on smaller characters seem rather.. strange. It would be nice if alot of things would be resized. I noticed heavy armor helmets tend to make most characters look like bobble heads hahaha
    This One Desires Pretty Armor.

Female : Wood Elf Archer: Dominion : Ps4

• holygraell
    I too would like more revealing costumes at least. I am female, and prefer actual coverage from armor, but I'd love in town costumes that would show off my lovely tattoos on my characters. I mean, why let us get tats if they'll always be covered up? That was really disappointing to me. :( And I too agree, that we should be able to dye the store bought gear. Then I'd spend some dollars. But as it is, the colors are so drab as to be totally unappealing to me.
  • Miaura
    Miaura
    ✭✭✭
    Also a female player, age 41 , quite new to ESO and a very old TES fan. I too think this game needs more (lore friendly) revealing armors, preferably real armor , not just costumes. Would buy such motifs collection with crowns if it came to that - though I do think that when designing future in game/free sets, please make some of them, especially cloth ones, show some skin too.
    Especially as the game has so many cool tattoos and bodypaints, and too few high level armors that let even the arms show!
    People who want to be well covered, for practicality or personal morals reason, are allready "well covered" in the armor selection department, so please show skin some love too, male and female equally!

The Skyrim screenshots in this thread are a good example of skin showing armor being very lore friendly in TES , and that goes all the way to the very skimpy attire one could see in Daggerfall. In Morrowind there is even an unarmored skill, so you might run around naked and get protection if even cloth feels too much ;) Oblivion has skin showing armors too, cleavage for females, bare arms etc, some of those in heavy armor like the arena armor or iron.

Was a bit shocked to see the changes made to the Redguard and Orc armors, from pictures since that was changed before started playing. I think revamping existing armor models shape is a very bad idea in general, really hope it wont happen again in the future to any armor I like now. And those paticular armors old female models looked very beautifull and stylish in my opinion, would have worn on some of my chars. Those who found them too revealing for their chars would have had many many other options to choose from..
    Including the old Redguard and Orc models in ESO, Ive not seen in any TES game any armor that I`d find "too sexed up" to let a ten year old (well even 5 year old) see playing the game, plus not much in the skin department they could not see any summer day on the street in the countries this game mostly is played in. (Of course there is plenty of violence, scary stuff and moral choises I would not let my child see , another thing entirely.)
    Nor have I seen anything that would make me feel offended as a woman, exept the lack of more choises to show my bodypaint and not feel forced to be all buttoned up and prudish B):p . Revealing TES armors have allways looked pretty, feminine, and "realistic enough" to me .Like the Skyrim screens here...
    Also I`d not like to see ESO go any further down the road of games like Rift (to some extent, including also censoring their original armors) or Dragon age Inquisition (to a very large extent, including male armor choises) where npcs or humanoid creatures can be very skimpy but a player is considered to only want "prudish"/ covering things- I think that is different form of sexism rising its head in western games.
    Don`t get me wrong, there are some stylish revealing armors in ESO, but mostly low level, and choises are few, whereas the fully cowered armor choises are more than plenty for those who prefer them.
    Lastly, for practicality, light armor at least is made of cloth- so realistically, being hit with an axe in a bare belly or one covered in silk should not make so much of a difference ;)
    Cheers ZOS, great game, hope you hear our feedback to make it even better!
  • Schnuffles
    Schnuffles
    ✭✭✭
    @Miaura @holygraell And everyone else ^-^ Thank you all for your very well thought out and articulate comments. Open constructive dialog like this is the best way to encourage the options and features we want to be seen and our feedback to honestly be considered. I do also hope the developers here take notice of our suggestions here and implement them into the ESO crowns store. Together we can create a win-win situation for all where we are allowed our options and zenimax makes a pretty penny.
    Edited by Schnuffles on July 24, 2015 12:54AM

• Schnuffles
    Schnuffles
    ✭✭✭
    Does /feedback work on forum posts? It would be lovely if zenimax could see that there are people here willing to discuss their opinions and give them thoughtful feedback in this way hahaha.
    I look forward to more people opening up and sharing their thoughts about these armor suggestions and how they feel about them being a crown store purchase.

• Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Schnuffles wrote: »
    NOTE: Please feel free to leave your thoughts, just please try to keep it constructive! <3

I would really like to see some options for LORE FRIENDLY Revealing Female Armor such as the FORSWORN set in skyrim or the Tavern Dress. Styles such as these ARE lore friendly as they are in the original vanilla Skyrim. They need to put it in the crown store, They are already established armor sets in The Elder Scrolls Skyrim and people who dislike these armors will not be forced to pay for them or wear them.
    I play MMO's for the armor and Roleplaying aspects and I would really like to have some craftable armor motif options that appeal to these things. AND NO NOT COSTUMES, I want to be able to dye them and mix and match pieces.
    I WOULD GLADLY PAY for such motifs, as i find current "free" in game armor bland and unappealing to me :/

Note. Yes I'm a Female if somehow gender makes my opinions more "valid" to those of you who want to claim sexism or what have you.
    And regarding again the lore aspect of it. Bestheda saw it acceptable to put into the game and they made the lore, so how is it NOT lore friendly?

SR-item-Forsworn_Armor_Female.jpg
    Tavern_Clothes_000D191F.png
    I agree.
    More options are never a bad thing, especially when it comes to cosmetics in MMOs.
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Schnuffles wrote: »
    Xendyn wrote: »

Aye, altho leave the word petition out of it as thats against TOS here.
    I'd put the idea in the Crown store section and if there seems to be a demand for it, it'll likely fly :)
    I only use that word out of lack for a better one. My apologies~!
    I would love to see more people posting about the lack of armor options and perhaps requesting them on the crown store. This would be a win for everyone

I would love to see armour sets in the Crown Store for crafted armour. For example, there are 10 races and 3 armour styles for each. That would be 30 cosmetic packs in the store: one each for all the material types for one type of armour for one race (e.g. Redguard light armour pack, of styles from Jute to Voidcloth).

I would also simply love to see some sort of cosmetic "stone" or some other magickal device that when used created a cosmetic copy of the current set of armour/clothing our character had on including the dye colours. That sort of thing is available in other games, and the way ESOTU is set up with cosmetic slots, I think it would work very well here.

Edited by Rev Rielle on July 24, 2015 10:59AM
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • HotToddy
    HotToddy
    ✭✭
    I wonder if we'll ever get cloaks and capes. This is another costume item for both sexes that I think a lot of people would really like to see!

It would be nice if some new missions could be created in order to obtain some of these more obscure costume items (most of my mission rewards become scrap or coin since I create all of my armor). Maybe put a system in place that if you did break that piece down or 'research' it, it would become a new 'style' in your crafting window.
  • Nénlindë
    Nénlindë
    ✭✭✭
    I couldn't disagree with this thread more strongly.

Tamriel is a war torn continent. It would be ridiculous to see some half naked Argonian flipping around in Cyrodiil. It simply does not fit the style of the game. I am very impressed with the already in-game armor sets and I feel they did a great job with that. The dye system is perfect and rewards those who hunt down achievements.

There is already too many players running around in game without pants to try and achieve the look you're aiming for. I'm not sure what gender has to do with anything on a Forum or in an MMORPG.

Nénlindë.

TL;DR There is much more I'd rather see, than half naked people ripping around Cyrodiil taking hits like they are actually wearing armor.
    Charmander
    every time
    nothing ever beats charmander
  • Aerathnor
    Aerathnor
    ✭✭
    b0178210_23455475.jpg
    Huntsman Leather in oblivion...

Mind you I'm not to keen of heavy armor going the WoW female route, but medium and light I'm definitely more flexible on. Something about female tanks wearing metal bikini tops and what amounts to a chastity belt doesn't scream "Heavy Armor" to me :/
    Edited by Aerathnor on July 24, 2015 4:02PM
  • Miaura
    Miaura
    ✭✭✭
    Nénlindë wrote: »

There is already too many players running around in game without pants to try and achieve the look you're aiming for. I'm not sure what gender has to do with anything on a Forum or in an MMORPG.

Nénlindë.

Not meant as offending Nénlindë here, just wanting to explain a, or answer the question "what gender has to do with it?" from my point.
    Female players, like myself, stating they are female in real life when posting about liking/ wanting armor to show some skin (even if in a lore friendly manner and in continuation of the many armors we`ve seen in previous games, where Tamriel was also a danger zone ) , may often want to mention they are female to avoid the flaming of " u boys just need to get a real girlfriend to see some boobs" type that has happened in threads about the topic not only here but in many other games.

I can understand that someone may not want to see any unprotected bodyparts in a violent game as realistic, but , like discussed in this thread, in TES it`s been very common, rly especially with the npcs - oh the times in Morrowind when my new "well armored" char was slaughtered by some high lvl npc wearing an axe, shoes and pants and maybe even a shirt, not to mention the "half naked " higher lvl forsworn in Skyrim- Skyrim where you could hone your own revealing armor to perfection if you had the skill :)
    And it´s more choises we are asking for, not to take away other peoples existing choises :)
    Edited by Miaura on July 24, 2015 11:48PM
  • Schnuffles
    Schnuffles
    ✭✭✭
    Nénlindë wrote: »

Tamriel is a war torn continent. It would be ridiculous to see some half naked Argonian flipping around in Cyrodiil. It simply does not fit the style of the game.

"There is already too many players running around in game without pants to try and achieve the look you're aiming for."

"I'm not sure what gender has to do with anything on a Forum or in an MMORPG."
    I'm sorry to hear you disagree with my thread. I would think more people would be interested in having more options for purchase on crown store.
    I would however like to point out that it is my opinion that your logic is a bit flawed saying that they should not be wearing such revealing pieces during war.
    In skyrim, The world was effectively ending due to alduin reviving dragons ASWELL as the civil war going on, but it did not stop them from wearing whatever they felt was sufficient at the time. I also never said I had any issue with the way the dye system works, only that I cannot dye costumes so I would like the suggestions listed to be armors, therefore Dye-able.

On the note that people run around enough without pants, perhaps if we actually had better armor choices this would be less common practice. I know that is currently the reason my character is constantly pants-less, I want to show her tattoos and it is currently the only consistent way of doing so.

I mentioned gender because topics like this frequently become degraded simply because people assume im a sexist male and therefore my opinions should not be valid, it was simply my attempt to quell some of those assumptions.

Edited by Schnuffles on July 27, 2015 11:54PM

• Schnuffles
    Schnuffles
    ✭✭✭
    @Aerathnor Your Armor suggestion is quite nice actually, I prefer the male version oddly enough! hahaha. Thank you for posting!!

• Aerathnor
    Aerathnor
    ✭✭
    @Schnuffles

It was actually a clothing set and didn't provide any true armor, but it easily could have been a light armor set. I ran a character with it enchanted because I liked the style and there wasn't any good "woodsman" armor in oblivion sadly.

Savior's Hide was my favorite in skyrim
    Saviors-hide-female.jpg
    19443-3-1340727802.jpg
  • VilhelmValhalla4
    VilhelmValhalla4
    ✭✭✭
    I really don't care too much about revealing armor, but I think that the armor in the game needs to be overhauled to look less like a morph suit, something a bit more bulky. Maybe if ZOS revived the old Morrowind system of layering pieces of armor with clothing (to avoid exploit issues, limit skill advancement to the "top" armor while wearing layers) then players who want cleavage and skin simply don't wear anything underneath.
  • Laplace
    Laplace
    ✭✭✭
    The whole "it's unrealistic" argument sort of went out the window the moment we were able to run Sanctum Ophidia in a wedding dress or a jester's outfit.

Also, the kind of armor you're asking for - basically chainmail bikinis - exists in-game. Examples:

Encasement of Anguish
    What%20Type%20of%20Daedric%202_zpstbtc6xgr.png

Sure, it's ridiculously expensive, but it looks nice and it fits.

Unassailable/Lord's Armor
    k9yrf8.png

Much less expensive, but tends to be higher level.
  • Schnuffles
    Schnuffles
    ✭✭✭
    @laplace I agree with your realism comment however, again, The only people mentioning anything close to "chain mail bikini" are people like yourself who attempt to degrade and reduce my thread to nothing more than an argument. I will continue to re-state that this thread is about introducing LORE FRIENDLY UNMODDED (see term VANILLA) armors that have ALREADY BEEN IN PREVIOUS GAMES to to crown store as an ADDITION to some of the styles we currently have FOR PURCHASE. I want MORE, not a replacement or anything otherwise stated that would take options away for others.

I will make the main points LARGE AND BOLD so it is easier to read for those skimming.

TO ALL READING: ALLOW ME TO MAKE IT CLEAR, PLEASE STOP ASSUMING MY REQUEST HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH ASIAN MMOS OR BIKINIS THANK YOU. IF I SEE THESE TERMS HERE BEYOND THIS POINT I WILL ASSUME YOU HAVE NOT ACTUALLY READ THE OP AND HAVE YOUR COMMENTS REMOVED AS SPAM

I want constructive comments on what lore appropriate armor can be implemented, not assumptions and insults

This is a suggestion for the crown store, as in, not free. These are suggestions I am willing to pay for, if I wanted free armor I would have suggested this as some kind of update but as they say "you get what you pay for". I have no interest in free in game armor as stated on my first post.
    Edited by Schnuffles on July 29, 2015 3:12PM

• Schnuffles
    Schnuffles
    ✭✭✭
    @Aerathnor Saviors Hide was also one of my most favorite armors, followed closely by the forsworn set. There are many reasons why at the very least these two sets would make sense and fit in with the game seeing as there are plenty of werewolves and werewolf hunters as well as tribal woodelves even that would look far more appropriate in something like forsworn, now i dont dare imagine such things as npc overhaul would come to pass simply for the sake of immersion but it would be lovely to have it as a payable option to those of us who would like to wear them.

• Schnuffles
    Schnuffles
    ✭✭✭
    Overall I believe we need more of everything. I am sitting on a ton of crowns and I've bought everything there is to buy.
    Edited by Schnuffles on August 1, 2015 12:05AM

• Elektrakosh
    Elektrakosh
    ✭✭✭
    Now I loved Forsworn armour and Saviours Hide. I like the look of it and if one likes the living with nature look its great. its not heavy armour, it is medium armour so therefore the chainmail bikini comment is invalid.
    Even the Wyrd sister had nice looking clothing/ armour.

Look at it another way...Perhaps this gal isn't good at hunting so therefore lack of coverage or she is to entice an unassuming person to give up their gold and wares? Medium armour is associated with assassins and rogues so what's the problem?
    Argonian Painted-By-Elements -Pure Sorceress- Daggerfall Covenant. V1 I hate recipes!
    Altmer Elekwen aka The Pale Lady -Sorceress- Aldmeri Dominion. Vampire Lvl 8
    EU/UK. Xbox One.
    Gtag: Elektra K Otana.

• MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It baffles me that it didn't occur to ZoS that we'd want to dye the costumes. If they implement them as clothing like the clothes you can steal in game then you can dye them but they have no armor rating and therefore cannot be used in place of armor. They've really painted themselves into a corner on this. Because the only way we can get new styles that work as armor AND dye them the way we want for a unique look is to have them make new motifs and they only seem willing to do THAT with new DLC. So we're pretty much NEVER going to get what we really want, unique looks we can use to hide existing armor AND that we can customize by dyeing.

ZoS needs to get to work on Appearance Slots, a separate slot for each armor piece that you can literally slot either other armor (especially nice for those who prefer some of the lower level armor looks) or the stealable clothing so that it then visually replaces the armor you are actually wearing while leaving you with that armor's stats. THEN they can start putting awesome clothing in the crown store that is designed the same way as the stealable clothing and we can FINALLY have some of these iconic looks based on the previous games!
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Schnuffles
    Schnuffles
    ✭✭✭
    @MornaBaine I completely agree with you, I too was confused as to why they chose to present costumes in this way. My only guess would be so that they can continue to re-release the same armors but with different color combinations as a way to boost sales. A lazy way to add new things bit with half the effort, no need to model new armor.. just recolor it and call it new. But even with that theory the only way I would even buy THOSE is if they were unique looking, so far every costume is boring and generally resembles every other outfit in this game..

• Schnuffles
    Schnuffles
    ✭✭✭
    I look forward to the upcoming monthly crown store updates. Zenimax please take our requests into consideration <3

• Schnuffles
    Schnuffles
    ✭✭✭
    I am beginning to understand why this game remains sort of... mediocre... you dont listen to us, you hardly respond to our suggestions here on the crown page which is where the money comes from. It baffles me. I have been pushing this for a few months now and I've yet to see a single acknowledgement much like most people on this forum, its terribly unfortunate because this kind of treatment is why people feel unheard and un cared for as a consumer.. You end up losing money and people end up moving on..

Its a shame this game has potential to be great. :/

• UndeadBlood
    UndeadBlood
    ✭✭✭
    If I could dye costumes, I would buy pretty much every costume in the crow store. It's don't understand why they're not allowing us to dye them.
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wonder why some people are so afraid to see a ladies decollage?? I mean,if they arent just out there with nothing on them,whats thee pr oblem? Cleavage isnt evil,nor is a bare midrif.Jeez.I mean this is already supposed to be rated M,..for mature? Why dont people act it and quit b-itching about armors looking a big sexy. I"'d like my lady Nightblade to have a slinky look.Or even a cat-woman type outfit.
    (I actually made one that looks just like catwoman's outfit.) :}
  • thenailbunny
    thenailbunny
    Soul Shriven
    I was always a fan of the Dark Seducers Armour from the Shivering Isles DLC. As we see some of the Dark Seducers and Golden Saints seems silly not to have the option to craft or steal them.

I have to say I am all for more 'realistic' armors but that doesn't mean I want to look like a rawhide bag. There is a difference between a bikini armor i.e just pants and nice aesthetic armor that makes the most of the character model we spent hours creating (Or is it just me that spends hours in the char creation...)
    Iskierka - Dunmer - Ebonheart - Sorcerer - Level 19
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They could just make any gear as armour that comes with an armour mutipler and/or class
    So...
    You could have light, with low coverage and a armour reduction.
    You could have heavy, with OTT coverage and armour increase.
    This way you can mix and match what you want and dye them.
    Let people design armours.
    Let ZOS decide how to categorise it (light/medium/heavy) and whether it need an armour reduction or increase multiplyer for that category.

I dont think anybody realistically asked for heavy armour pyrjamas.
    People just want options and this isn't a problem as long as the armour rating is appropriate.
    Lore compatibility aside.

Computers don't decide what pixel layout defines what armour rating nor its aesthetic or financial worth.
    People do.
    Edited by Rune_Relic on September 9, 2015 9:41AM
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You want to show more than your ankle? You disgust me!
  • CaptainObvious
    CaptainObvious
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rune_Relic wrote: »
    They could just make any gear as armour that comes with an armour mutipler and/or class
    So...
    You could have light, with low coverage and a armour reduction.
    You could have heavy, with OTT coverage and armour increase.
    This way you can mix and match what you want and dye them.
    Let people design armours.
    Let ZOS decide how to categorise it (light/medium/heavy) and whether it need an armour reduction or increase multiplyer for that category.

I dont think anybody realistically asked for heavy armour pyrjamas.
    People just want options and this isn't a problem as long as the armour rating is appropriate.
    Lore compatibility aside.

Computers don't decide what pixel layout defines what armour rating nor its aesthetic or financial worth.
    People do.

How would you deal with costumes and disguises? By this perspective, the majority of costumes should leave you with 0 armor. Technically the skeleton costume should make a player a 1 hit kill.

Instituting a system like this will kill off the portion of the costume market that uses costumes as a tactical decision.
    Due to a typo in the system, the area was accosted by the Daedric Prince Moar Lag Brawls.