The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

A New Armor Discussion [With Pictures! :D]

Schnuffles
Schnuffles
✭✭✭
NOTE: Please feel free to leave your thoughts, just please try to keep it constructive! <3

I would really like to see some options for LORE FRIENDLY Revealing Female Armor such as the FORSWORN set in skyrim or the Tavern Dress. Styles such as these ARE lore friendly as they are in the original vanilla Skyrim. They need to put it in the crown store, They are already established armor sets in The Elder Scrolls Skyrim and people who dislike these armors will not be forced to pay for them or wear them.
I play MMO's for the armor and Roleplaying aspects and I would really like to have some craftable armor motif options that appeal to these things. AND NO NOT COSTUMES, I want to be able to dye them and mix and match pieces.
I WOULD GLADLY PAY for such motifs, as i find current "free" in game armor bland and unappealing to me :/

Note. Yes I'm a Female if somehow gender makes my opinions more "valid" to those of you who want to claim sexism or what have you.
And regarding again the lore aspect of it. Bestheda saw it acceptable to put into the game and they made the lore, so how is it NOT lore friendly?

SR-item-Forsworn_Armor_Female.jpg
Tavern_Clothes_000D191F.png

Edited by Schnuffles on July 20, 2015 2:30PM
This One Desires Pretty Armor.

Female : Wood Elf Archer: Dominion : Ps4

• Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe ZeniMax wants the title of "Least Offensive M-Rated Game."

I mean, yeah, there's violence and alcohol use and innuendo, but sometimes this feels like Tamriel's history as told by a hyper-conservative. Maybe "The Prophet" is. I don't know. He never talked enough about states' rights to confirm it.

At this point I'd just be happy with being able to dye my underwear to something other than Blah.
    signing off
  • Schnuffles
    Schnuffles
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know what the deal is, but I keep shoving my $20 bills into my Ps4 but nothing is happening. TAKE MY MONEY ZENIMAX, GIVE ME MY FEMININITY BACK. hahaha.

• Astrids_fire
    Astrids_fire
    ✭✭
    Haha reminds me of when I killed the tavern girl in Skyrim so I could take her outfit, sometimes a girl just wants to be pretty! lol I always liked the fur armor for the guys, "I don't care if it has low armor rating, and stop complaining about arrows Marcurio!" Ah fun times...

I'd be happy if I could just change my appearance from time to time.
    Tired of the same look...
    Stealing sweet rolls.
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wish you luck with that, I honestly do. However, they have already changed armor in the other direction so Idk how it'll go for you.

Redguard they did this

ESO-Dress_zpsrdwwj925.jpg

Orc they did this

ESO_Frances_before_after.jpg

Neither of which was an improvement in a lot of players opinions (do a search, you'll see)
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • Schnuffles
    Schnuffles
    ✭✭✭
    Haha reminds me of when I killed the tavern girl in Skyrim so I could take her outfit, sometimes a girl just wants to be pretty! lol I always liked the fur armor for the guys, "I don't care if it has low armor rating, and stop complaining about arrows Marcurio!" Ah fun times...

I'd be happy if I could just change my appearance from time to time.
    Tired of the same look...

I did that too!! I was so jealous of their dresses. And I agree the male armor for forsworn was kind of savage in a smexy way haha. I would love to see some male toons rocking that in game. Would also make tattoos more visible

• Schnuffles
    Schnuffles
    ✭✭✭
    Xendyn wrote: »
    I wish you luck with that, I honestly do. However, they have already changed armor in the other direction so Idk how it'll go for you.

Redguard they did this

PICTUREZ

Orc they did this

MOAR PICTUREZ

Neither of which was an improvement in a lot of players opinions (do a search, you'll see)
    I believe maybe if it was Petitioned as a Crown store update, like an armor motif where zenimax would actually make PROFIT off of them we could see a change. But that would require people to actually work together on a single cause. Do you think it could work that way?

• Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Schnuffles wrote: »

I believe maybe if it was Petitioned as a Crown store update, like an armor motif where zenimax would actually make PROFIT off of them we could see a change. But that would require people to actually work together on a single cause. Do you think it could work that way?

[/quote]

Aye, altho leave the word petition out of it as thats against TOS here.
    I'd put the idea in the Crown store section and if there seems to be a demand for it, it'll likely fly :)
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • Schnuffles
    Schnuffles
    ✭✭✭
    Xendyn wrote: »

Aye, altho leave the word petition out of it as thats against TOS here.
    I'd put the idea in the Crown store section and if there seems to be a demand for it, it'll likely fly :)
    I only use that word out of lack for a better one. My apologies~!
    I would love to see more people posting about the lack of armor options and perhaps requesting them on the crown store. This would be a win for everyone

• Ziraous
    Ziraous
    If they put the tavern girl dress in a motif…I would be ALL over that with my money! Shoveling it down their faces. xD However, I realized after doing some research before I started playing on the console, that they had appealing styles and a spoon full of sugar will not help in this case. :(
    ~~~~~~ -;- ~~~~~~ -;- ~~~~~~
    Lvl V 1 Vamp High Elf Templar PS4
    My Crafting Tracker
  • Schnuffles
    Schnuffles
    ✭✭✭
    Ziraous wrote: »
    If they put the tavern girl dress in a motif…I would be ALL over that with my money! Shoveling it down their faces. xD However, I realized after doing some research before I started playing on the console, that they had appealing styles and a spoon full of sugar will not help in this case. :(

I believe we simply need to make a bigger deal out of it and let them know how we feel with our wallets
    For a rated M game I physically feel repressed in my choices
    Edited by Schnuffles on June 24, 2015 5:16PM

• Ziraous
    Ziraous
    There was a thread made about them changing the previous armor styles. They still haven't changed those back or even attempted to make them a little more appealing. I saw the thread and there were a LOT of people upset about the change. there is even a poll going on.

This is the new thread with a poll in it, if you're interested.
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/157563/how-do-you-feel-about-the-changes-to-redguard-and-orc-armor-designs#latest

I highly doubt since a lot of the community, and many ladies wanting these old styles back or costumes like the ones in your thread, that will listen to us.

The community has spoken, even new players like you and I, yet they ignore our ideas/opinions.

Sorry, but I don't think our wallets can alter what they have already changed and decided upon.
    My Crafting Tracker
  • Schnuffles
    Schnuffles
    ✭✭✭
    Ziraous wrote: »

Sorry, but I don't think our wallets can alter what they have already changed and decided upon.

I recognize there have been others before who have complained, in light of that i still don't believe giving up is the answer. And money certainly does speak volumes, I'm only discussing the option to have the opportunity to do so. Given the chance I suspect it highly likely many would welcome an option like this even if it meant using real cash.
    At this point its my personal opinion that it is an issue of persistence and determination to have our needs met :)

Don't give up guys! Keep talking about it.

• Astrids_fire
    Astrids_fire
    ✭✭
    I vote YES to proposition Scantily Dress lol
    Stealing sweet rolls.
  • Ziraous
    Ziraous
    Can you edit the thread to have a poll in it? Might be better to have a Poll about spending cash for such attire. I think I've just played too many MMOs and tend to have a negative view on things since I've experienced a lot of the same bs over and over.

But think of this… there are MANY people who don't use or go on the forums. My boyfriend for example will look at the forums, but will NEVER make a post or vote in a poll. I'm a person who posts and reads forums. I have friends who are like Idc for or about forums. So it might be a small number of people on the forums and not significant enough for all the players in the game itself to make them change their minds.

ex: Let's say there are 1,000 members on the forums. On the game itself there are 20,000. Only 500 people on the forums want the costume/motif. That would be 500/20,000. If I was a dev I would not support the costume/motif based on those numbers.

Most likely the costumes that sell in the Crown store is what they will base things on when they decide, if ever, to add more costumes. I don't even like the costumes in the store right now. :( I did buy the wedding dress though….never wear it…don't know why I even bothered. xD
    My Crafting Tracker
  • The_Sadist
    The_Sadist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only if male characters get alternative skimpy outfits as well :blush:.
    Edited by The_Sadist on June 24, 2015 11:37PM
    "Each event is preceded by Prophecy. But without the hero, there is no Event." ― Zurin Arctus, the Underking.
    Tragrim - How do I work this thing?
    Casually stalking the forums
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the armors getting to look more "protective" then "provocative".

But...

I'd also like to see all those "sexy" clothes to be added to the "lootable civilian clothes". And have them sold by tailors, and craftable by clotheirs, darnit. (and indeed, skimpy and sexy for male styles as well!)

Then there is the nice immersive choice between looking "sexy"... and being well geared for combat.

I do have two outfits on my main characters, a set of armor for combat, and a (sadly yet incomplete - make me civilian shoulders and hats!) set for roleplaying in cities... I'd love to add more clothing too...
  • Schnuffles
    Schnuffles
    ✭✭✭
    I like the armors getting to look more "protective" then "provocative".

But...

I'd also like to see all those "sexy" clothes to be added to the "lootable civilian clothes". And have them sold by tailors, and craftable by clotheirs, darnit. (and indeed, skimpy and sexy for male styles as well!)

Then there is the nice immersive choice between looking "sexy"... and being well geared for combat.

I do have two outfits on my main characters, a set of armor for combat, and a (sadly yet incomplete - make me civilian shoulders and hats!) set for roleplaying in cities... I'd love to add more clothing too...
    I understand some people prefer armor to look more protective and i am not going to get into the enchantments and realism argument as its beating a dead horse, but that is why i believe these armors should be crown store purchases. No one would be forced to wear such things it would strictly be an available option for those of us who are WILLING to pay for it. Which I honestly believe there are many.
    The option to reveal or cover up should be there (to a lore friendly degree of course!)
    neither of what I've showed above is a mod or something Bethesda themselves didnt think up so why is this game so restrictive?
    I see more male characters with belly shirts and open chests than i do females! personally i think denying someone the freedom to wear what they want is far more offensive than a few belly buttons and endowments.

I agree with you we definitely need way more clothing options in general though, provocative or not, there aren't alot of choices.

• Schnuffles
    Schnuffles
    ✭✭✭
    The_Sadist wrote: »
    Only if male characters get alternative skimpy outfits as well :blush:.

Ive seen quite a few revealing armor pieces for men already, but I would not limit it to women only, Its simply that i feel female characters are currently getting the short end of the stick more than male ones at the moment.
    I currently refuse to wear pants on my character mainly so that i can actually SEE her tattoos and markings on SOME PART of her body.

We all need more options.
    Edit: Seeing this topic moved from general chat to crown store makes me slightly hopeful.
    Edited by Schnuffles on July 15, 2015 2:12PM

• Schnuffles
    Schnuffles
    ✭✭✭

Sitting in limbo like this on a subject so frequently asked about but never answered is disheartening. But I will not give up. I am going to wait patiently with an open wallet.. all you have to do is make a move zen. Ball is in your court. I will post more examples below so you can all see more of the beautiful lore friendly armor C:
    Edited by Schnuffles on July 18, 2015 1:36PM

• Schnuffles
    Schnuffles
    ✭✭✭
    More examples of un-modded in game armor i would gladly purchase
    ancient nord
    aela.jpg
    bandit
    maxresdefault.jpg
    saviors hide
    Saviors-hide-female.jpg
    Vampire armor
    ee864e7175c0003b1a56dc006af299bf.jpg
    Edited by Schnuffles on July 18, 2015 1:41PM

• Schnuffles
    Schnuffles
    ✭✭✭
    Another example
    Fur_1_woman.jpg

• Schnuffles
    Schnuffles
    ✭✭✭
    A little somethin for males too! I know you guys want to show off those tattoos!
    Old_Orc.png

• HotToddy
    HotToddy
    ✭✭
    I completely agree with your request (The pictures you had attached made me hopeful for such armor - not only do they not look so 'cookie cutter' as many of the armor sets do in ESO, but they are very aesthetically pleasing as well).

One of my biggest gripes about costumes has been that they can not be dyed. I've looked at them all every time I see a 'crown store update' notification before I login, but to be honest most of them as they stand don't impress me enough to spend my stipend of monthly crowns on. If I could dye my costumes I would most surely reconsider them as a possible purchase.
  • Schnuffles
    Schnuffles
    ✭✭✭
    HotToddy wrote: »
    I completely agree with your request (The pictures you had attached made me hopeful for such armor - not only do they not look so 'cookie cutter' as many of the armor sets do in ESO, but they are very aesthetically pleasing as well).

One of my biggest gripes about costumes has been that they can not be dyed. I've looked at them all every time I see a 'crown store update' notification before I login, but to be honest most of them as they stand don't impress me enough to spend my stipend of monthly crowns on. If I could dye my costumes I would most surely reconsider them as a possible purchase.
    I'm happy you agree <3
    I hope more people like yourself voice their opinions so we have a better chance at seeing these options implemented into the game for everyone to enjoy

• Schnuffles
    Schnuffles
    ✭✭✭
    male forsworn armor
    SR-item-Forsworn_Armor_Male.jpg

• Schnuffles
    Schnuffles
    ✭✭✭
    I would also like to see more intricate armor pieces for the mudus stone sets. Allow them to have something that makes them look different simply because they were crafted at a special location i believe would motivate more people to seek these places out for another reason besides simply better stats :blush:

Just more ideas to throw into the armor discussion.

• KiraTsukasa
    KiraTsukasa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not really jumping on the bandwagon to gain fap material, but it does seem rather silly that there are options for full body tattoo designs that can never be seen unless you're running around in your skivvies.
  • Forztr
    Forztr
    ✭✭✭✭
    i just want to see optional hip plates or at least have them scale better on smaller characters, just screws up so many otherwise good looking armor sets
    Edited by Forztr on July 21, 2015 10:05PM
  • Schnuffles
    Schnuffles
    ✭✭✭
    @KiraTsukasa this has nothing to do with "fap material" please do not start that line of commentary here I've seen far to many threads become degraded due to one persons ill mannered comment. This is simply about adding more fashionable options for my character based on armor that has already existed in the elder scrolls series. Aside from that however I DO agree with you! It is really unfortunate that there is really no way to show off the cool body modifications with the current armor available to us, which is another one of the reasons why I made this suggestion for the crown store :blush:

• Cookiethief
    Cookiethief
    ✭✭✭
    zenimax is just scared of those femnazis who don't play video games tbh. It's really stupid, I'm all for both protective and elegant clothing and armours alike, hell see all those Asian MMOs no one cares with them, If you don't like it don't wear it simple, as long as there is both to appeal to both crowds, and if one whines obviously that person can't co-exist and we shouldn't listen to them lol
    My biggest fear in life is, ending up marrying a girl who is lactose intolerant, think about it you would have to purchase double the amount of milk every week, cause you enjoy the goodness of full cream milk and she is drinking soy beans, and her milk takes up extra room in the fridge, or when you are doing a midnight run to the fridge to get a nice cup of milk and to accidentally pour some Soy milk. I couldn't imagine a worst way to do married life. - Barry Scott