Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why did you join AD?

• Dradhok
    Dradhok
    ✭✭✭
    With silver and gold I guess it didn't matter much but I like the starting area for AD.
  • T_B1zzle
    T_B1zzle
    Our Sigil is a *** Eagle...
  • PurpleStarsaver
    I'm a fangirl of elves! In Skyrim I made an High Elf character however; this time I made a Wood Elf. Since my bf and I pre-ordered the game, we got the code to be any race in any faction BUT we didn't know that the code can only be used by 1 user. Since I wanted to be a Wood Elf, I automatically went with AD. So far, I'm very happy with my decision!! :smile:
    PSN: Purplestarsaver
  • NovaMarx
    NovaMarx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer and Khajiit are my favorite races. And although I have the Imperial Edition, which allows me to play as any race in any faction, I also want to meet my kinsmen along the way. It's more immersive.

Plus Ayrenn is awesome! Long live the Queen! :smiley:
    "Feet are for walking. Hands are for hitting. Or shaking. Or waving. Sometimes for clapping."
    - M'aiq the Liar
  • Deathstroke2424
    This one joined the Dominion because Elsweyr joined the Dominion. Khajiit is not on side of Dominion, Khajiit is onside of Elsweyr.
    If anyone sneaks up on us, I'll smell them coming. Or, I might not. We will see.
  • king_Dan
    king_Dan
    Soul Shriven
    The alliance came with the character, Wood Elf!
  • TwzytedFrye
    I started in DC, but honestly the quest where you have to save the king from the omen killed it for me. Any king that whines like that doesn't deserve a loyal soldier.

Wanted an Altmer cause they were always pricks in earlier games lol. As for what kept me in AD:

I'm a long time WoW player and the queen seemed like a perfect mesh of Thrall and Sylvanas. (My two favorite games leaders ever) She's hot, strong but patient and kind. Cross her and she'll destroy you, but when you need help she's there no matter what. She loves her people and wants to elevate them but understands the importance of allies and doesn't get hung up on race hence making the wood elves city capital of the entire Dominion, and the khajit as her most trusted warriors like razum dar. She isn't a religious nut but still has a deep respect for culture and worship. And she's hot :wink:

How the hell would you not want to fight for her?

And on a side note.. am I one of the few that actually started with Daggerfall and arena before moving into morrowind, etc????
    Edited by TwzytedFrye on July 17, 2015 10:05PM
    5 out of 6 people like playing Russian Roulette.
  • MikeyV611
    MikeyV611
    FOR THE QUEEN!
  • mbaker540
    mbaker540
    ✭✭
    I want to date a high elf.... That's why I joined AD
    Xbox One ~ Aldmeri Dominion
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    I didn't ... I was "recruited" ...

Pressgang.jpg
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• MatioFrench
    A couple of factors..

1) Queen Ayrenn is awesome. I didn't know this going in but after seeing all 3 of the leaders I think she's the coolest by far.
    2) I wanted to be a Khajiit, and AD is their home faction.
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Story line is better
    Leader is better
    Races are better (with the exception of Dark Elves but no matter, my characters can go anywhere)
    Scenery.. well cant say that because I also love the snowy and sandy areas
    Rawl'kha is my home

Learned where I belonged the hard way. Made characters for each faction, only to realize much later that AD was home. Now waiting to see if we will ever have faction changes for my 2 oldest characters. Til then, they have retired lol!

All hail our beloved Queen!
    Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte