Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why did you join AD?

• Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    High Elves are the master race.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    King Bozo wrote: »
    I hate reds.

3ob6ko.jpg
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
  • JesterH
    JesterH
    ✭✭✭
    AD wasnt even hard to choose love Bosmer and Altmer lore and yeah helping a Queen is alot more interesting
    "We Know"
  • SilentCowz
    AD has the best storyline, favorite zone was reaper's march.
  • Mertirillon
    Why you ask?

For the glory of Sithis of course!
  • beenbadder
    beenbadder
    ✭✭
    I pick it at random.
  • knifeintheribs
    I too despise the Thalmor in Skyrim. Killed them every chance I got. But, in terms of military power, the Dominion seems to have an advantage over the other 2 alliances. I harbor no hard feelings for the other 2 alliances. Plus, I wanted to explore Elswyer, but oh well.
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kate beckinsale is the voice of the queen...
    I was trying to figure this out, as I knew I heard the voice before. I didn't want to cheat and look online, but now that the cat's out of the bag.

As for the topic, a bit of a story. Sit by the fire and warm yourself. ;)

When the game came out (for Xbox One), I had zero clue what I was about to get into. Without understanding pacts or classes, I decided to just run with a character. My first took me to AD, but after getting slapped around a bit (I thought the bow was waaaaaaaay to slow, little did I realize this was its power attack).

I dropped that character, and started another, but I didn't recheck my pact before I started. It took me to Stonefalls, which I quickly took care of up to level 24. Once I realized how skills were more applied, I ditched this character as well.

My current character, also a Khajiit, dropped the bow in favor of dual-wield. This time, I made sure to start AD. From the first character, I have to say I enjoyed the scenery and got a taste to serve for the queen. Plus, Raz became a favorite character real quick.

Now I'm in a forest. *sigh* I miss the scenery as these [censored for purity's sake] roots and cliffs are driving me insane when trying to get around. :|

So that's why I went AD. I will have to say, though, the attitude of these elves needs a Khajiit to slap them to their senses. :D
  • WandersWithMoonlight
    I made a character in every faction, because, well, I heard from ZOS they recommend playing each faction because they have unique story questlines, so that was probably my main reason for joining the Aldmeri Dominion. But I expected by Ebonheart Pact character to be my main, but my AD character ended up being that, mostly because I fell in love with the locales and the characters and the questlines more than any of the other factions so far.

I love the Summerset Isles and Valenwood a lot so far. Particularly Summerset. I love more subtropic/maritime/nautical settings. I suppose that shows up in some of the other provinces as well, but I really like it in the Summerset Isles.
  • Ravarx
    Ravarx
    Soul Shriven
    Because Bosmer and Khajiit are amazing. And the other starting zones kinda bit.

Oh, and Razum-dar.
  • Platorian
    Platorian
    ✭✭
    I didn't know anything about any of the factions before I choose to be honest, only read the slight summary on the character create screen, figured it would be more interesting around elves and I'm happy with the choice
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of the reasons:

- Not all Elves aren't at the level of "***" that they are well known for in past ES games

- Queen Ayrenn

- The beautiful maps / scenery; I've taken hundreds upon hundreds of screenshots due to AD maps alone

- The story is better built than the other factions and more interesting

- They seem to be the "good guys" in this game, though yes, still some "our place to rule," they aren't at the war-hungry levels of the EP or just straight up killers, etc. like the DC. AD at least has some sort of reasoning behind their actions
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • Darkrosesus
    Darkrosesus
    ✭✭
    It was a no brainer for me ... I adore the scenery and roaming around and fishing in the lush forests etc. I even take scenic shots all the time & upload some to Facebook just to annoy my friends. Also, I'm a cat lover, so I adore having Khajit all about the place. I'm a Bosmer though & despite the blatant racism towards my kind by the High Elves I still adore the AD ... it's pure escapism and a relaxing place for me to romp about and occasionally do a few quests if I can stop fishing. :)
  • lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Willy8257 wrote: »
    2 reasons; first because wood elves are my favorite race, and second is because all of its locations have never been explored in an elder scrolls game before

this
  • Plain_Jaine
    I also have to add, I just love adding antlers to my characters and you can't do that to anyone else but Wood Elves.
  • Zusia211
    Zusia211
    ✭✭✭
    Joined cause my friend was making first character there. So i know he wants to play together so there you go.
    PSN: blinkgirl211 - if try adding me send message first cause lots of random people always tries to add me...
  • grim_tactics
    grim_tactics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I joined AD because I love quest bugs.

I enjoy not being able to finish quests so it was an easy choice.
  • CharlieDango
    CharlieDango
    Soul Shriven
    Because I'm a Khajiit.
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do i really need to say why?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwINUqdS3qM&feature=youtu.be
    ELVEN SUPREMACY IS THE ONLY TRUTH!
    Edited by tplink3r1 on July 7, 2015 6:27PM
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
  • Caelmondorian
    Caelmondorian
    Soul Shriven
    Love Wood Elves in other genres so I picked Bosmer when I started Oblivion, went Nord for Skyrim after initially picking Bosmer and Ulfric giving me a rude question after I joined the Stormcloaks, but have always wanted to visit Valenwood and become a Wood Elf ranger. And I love it so much I started my own Bosmer only Ranger's guild The Bows Of Greenshade (shameless plug).

Oh, and Queen Ayrenn is fiiiiiiiiiiiine.
  • Surfinginhawaii
    Surfinginhawaii
    ✭✭✭
    I joined AD because I have V14s in EP and DC and I now need one for AD.
  • nexmilitis
    Truth be told, I've played Skyrim, so I know who the "winners" of the three way war are....I like being on the winning team. Also, Razum Dar and being one of the Queen's hands is actually a pretty sweet incentive.
    This is where an image would be if I were allowed to have an image in my signature...
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nexmilitis wrote: »
    Truth be told, I've played Skyrim, so I know who the "winners" of the three way war are....I like being on the winning team. Also, Razum Dar and being one of the Queen's hands is actually a pretty sweet incentive.
    AD do not win the Three Banners War. In fact, the AD has collapsed long before 2E 800. The Aldmeri Dominion in Skyrim is the Third Aldmeri Dominion, a completely separate faction, but who took the views and name of Ayrenn's First Dominion and made them extremist.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Brightxdawn
    Brightxdawn
    ✭✭✭
    The khajiit mysticism.
  • FMarin83
    FMarin83
    Enodoc wrote: »
    AD do not win the Three Banners War. In fact, the AD has collapsed long before 2E 800. The Aldmeri Dominion in Skyrim is the Third Aldmeri Dominion, a completely separate faction, but who took the views and name of Ayrenn's First Dominion and made them extremist.

Curious, who did win? I Chose this because of the Khajiit. The bugged chain quest is killing me though...
    There is no try.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FMarin83 wrote: »
    Curious, who did win? I Chose this because of the Khajiit. The bugged chain quest is killing me though...

Technically we don't know, but I believe it was none of them. The next important political shake-up in history is when Tiber Septim becomes Emperor, so you could say it was the Imperials (or, more accurately, the Colovians), that eventually win. But that would be long after the Alliances dissolved. You may be interested in the thread "Who wins the Three Banners War?", where I posted this:
    I'm inclined to believe they all collapse some time before 2E 800, and I can't see them being sustainable much beyond the deaths of their respective leaders; Emeric and Ayrenn seem to be integral to the success of DC and AD, with only EP having the potential to outlast them due to their Great Moot not relying on any leader in particular. None of them will win the Three Banners War though.
    For more on the history of the time, see UESP: Interregnum.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MeinFewer wrote: »
    Just curious as to why you joined AD. What was it that made you join it?
    Thanks!

I joined all three, I started with Ebonheart during cadwells silver I was a bit pissed that Daggerfall got better missions and a much more beautiful landscape to start at. ... I thought sod it I'm going to creatva new character and do Daggerfall from the start.

Then curiosity got the better of me and hey presto, here I am
  • nexmilitis

Glad you could put me in my place, high five!

Still doesn't change my reason for joining AD, which was that AD were the much despised rulers in Skyrim, and I wanted to be on the winning side.

As for extremism...the AD are all technically extreme in their opinions, it's just that some are less extreme than others. Also, I am playing an Imperial in the AD...so I can make sure my character is in the correct faction/race regardless :P

This is MY reason for joining the AD.
    This is where an image would be if I were allowed to have an image in my signature...
  • Inufandom
    Inufandom
    I'm a Khajit fan, so I was stuck with it lol
  • NinetyDeep
    NinetyDeep
    Soul Shriven
    AD, the only choice. I didn't see any other choices up there - it was that clear!
    NinetyDeep - Xbox One US

Vet 14 Templar (Heals) - Tendie Wendie Bb

Vet 2 DK (DPS) - Clarense

[BROMENSION] - GUILD - XBOX ONE ALDMERI DOMINION