Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why did you join AD?

MeinFewer
MeinFewer
Soul Shriven
Just curious as to why you joined AD. What was it that made you join it?
Thanks!

Edited by MeinFewer on June 11, 2015 8:30PM
  • DarkMatter909
    DarkMatter909
    ✭✭✭
    My friends did so i did. I would not have otherwise as i find high elves are generally *** in elder scrolls. At least most of the ones i can remember from the previous 3 games.
    There are other worlds than these.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    When I was in beta I originally was going to go Daggerfall Covenant when the game came out--I despise the Thalmor in Skyrim and I'd already been through the region of Skyrim, so I figured I'd give High Rock a go and explore new places. But I decided to go with an AD character first, because I knew at the time there were going to be more beta sessions and it seemed like a good idea to get a peek at what (I thought at the time) I was going to be missing.

And then I met Razum-dar and Queen Ayrenn, and it turned out the entire first section of the Aldmeri Dominion is fighting the racist scum I hated so much in Skyrim.

King Emeric never stood a chance.

I did give him one, and the Pact too, but the braindead plot in Stonefalls and the boring one in Glenumbra never really sold me on the factions.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
  • Maxx_Spinky
    Maxx_Spinky
    Soul Shriven
    For the most pathetic reason ever, I thought the queen was hot! Hahaha I rather spend a 100 hours helping a women make it to the top rather than a dude! I know I'm lame!
  • King Bozo
    King Bozo
    ✭✭✭
    I hate reds.
  • Lich180
    Lich180
    ✭✭
    I didn't play as AD in the pc beta and have a few people in the faction, so yeah.
  • lahnaboy
    lahnaboy
    Cause i mostly play Altmer or Bosmer in Elder scrolls games. And i have few Altmer Mages from Skyrim, Oblivion and Morrowind that i have roleplayed for while just like my Bosmer hunter. And from roleplaying aspect they want to see aldmeri Dominion as leading alliance.
  • WyldfireWyrm
    WyldfireWyrm
    ✭✭✭
    Razum-Darwin and Ayrenn are fantastic characters and the AD storyline of fighting racism is just great. Plus they have 3 of the coolest races and 2 of them have some of the best racial passives in the game.

The EP has racism that is just as prominent as AD, but no one is doing anything about it. The races hate each other and it feels more like they are begrudgingly working together. You definitely get the impression they will turn on each other the second the war is over. I love the landscapes there though and 2 of the races are very cool to me.

For me, DC had the most boring races. The story is decent, but lacks a lot of the "wow factor" that AD has. DC had orcs, which are a fan favorite, but not much else.

It is my understanding that AD had the best PVEers because the story is superior, EP had the best PVPers because the faction contains 2 of the dominant races and nations of the last two games (people feel more comfortable in the areas they are use to). But that is just how I understand it.
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scenery.
  • BLACKBURN_x92x
    Kate beckinsale is the voice of the queen, and if that isnt enough to bring you to the AD i dont know what is haha.
  • Willy8257
    Willy8257
    2 reasons; first because wood elves are my favorite race, and second is because all of its locations have never been explored in an elder scrolls game before
  • Alp2760
    Alp2760
    ✭✭
    I made a character on each just to have a check about how different they are. I love my khajiit NB on EP as a character but the scenery in AD is beautiful and although I haven't played too much (one character at 8 and one at 7,though I am spending a fair bit of time crafting) the story so far with the Queen has been really enjoyable. I convinced 2 friends to get the game and they just happened to both pick AD so I am more than happy to mainly stick on there. Managed to get 2 others to get the game at the end of the month so they will be AD too.

So ye, nothing made me 'go' with AD but of the 3, ive enjoyed the quests and surrounding area much more so think my heart will settle here =)
  • God-eater
    God-eater
    ✭✭
    Wood elf archery.
    "M'aiq is glad he has a compass. Makes it easy to find things. Much better than wandering around like a fool." - some cat I met on the road
  • Unkl3Billy
    Chiquita Vas Paws wanted to fight for honor and glory and adventure. This one believe he would make an excellent traveller.
    This one enjoys adventures. And sneaking. And stabbing. And sweetrolls.
  • leveltic
    leveltic
    I've played as a khajiik since morrow wind since I bought the imperial edition I feel I must play as a imperial so I want to help my fellow kitty cats. I also would want to fight for a queen over a king any day.
  • NarwhalNikki
    NarwhalNikki
    Soul Shriven
    I picked AD because despite the lack of human races, I liked that the races in AD are allied, and I love the scenery.
  • Gruncet
    Gruncet
    I love elves wanted to be a high elf sorceress so aldmeri was the choice. Sadly I have few people to play with
  • Garion
    Garion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #AltmerMasterRace

Why else
    Lastobeth - VR16 Sorc - PvP Rank 41 (AD)
    Lastoblyat - VR16 Templar - PvP Rank 14 (AD)
    Ninja Pete - VR16 NB - PvP Rank 10 (AD)
    Labo the Banana Slayer - VR14 Sorc - PvP Rank 12 (EP)

Member of Banana Squad | Officer of Arena
  • Caspur
    Caspur
    ✭✭✭
    Kate beckinsale is the voice of the queen

This.
    A place where everything and nothing exists, this is my playground.
  • hotol71
    hotol71
    In past Elder Scrolls games i did not play this, so for me it seams to be the time to start with this side now in ESO.

Also i've seen that more people play the other groups and i like to be not the "mainstream" guy. :-) Where is the fun if everyone want to play Ebonheart or Daggerfall.... Similar to the "I want to be a Vampire" trend going on, so i need more silver bolts to stop these mosquitos. :-) :-) ..or maybe become a bedside rug (werewolf).
    Edited by hotol71 on June 18, 2015 9:07AM
    Playing on: XBOX One - European Server
    Side: Aldmeri Dominion
  • Plain_Jaine
    Multiple reasons myself.

Reason 1)
    Kate beckinsale is the voice of the queen, and if that isnt enough to bring you to the AD i dont know what is haha.

Reason 2) the really long cinematic trailer made me really not like the other alliances. (Yea I know, dumb.)

Reason 3) I really wanted to be a Bosmer Templar.

But I would be lying if I said my AD was my only one, but it is my dominant one and my favorite.

• Blakkheim
    Blakkheim
    ✭✭
    Pre-ordering got you any race any faction and I wanted to be a Dunmer so EP was out. Beta turned me off of Stros M'Kai as I think that's the worse zone in the whole game so AD won. But usually if ppl ask I say it's an RP thing where baby Dunmer is raised by Altmer's kinda deal.

Also Kate Beckinsale but it's not 2003 anymore and no longer 14 so that wasn't really a factor.
  • Plain_Jaine
    Hey, you can be 26 and a straight female and still want to help Kate Beckinsale out. ;)
    Edited by Plain_Jaine on June 20, 2015 3:15PM
  • Appleblade
    Appleblade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because I chose Khajiit. In Skyrim I did a Bosmer archer and a Breton Mage. ESO hit and I was in a dual dagger rogue mood. Cycled through the fur patterns and they had me at the snow leopard pattern- my favorite real world wild animal. I try to keep my in battle "kitty kitty stabby stabby" talk to a minimum.

The Queen is pretty hot, though.
  • hollamears
    My favorite race to play is Bosmer, so starting out with this game playing one went no differently for me.
  • TrueEyes
    TrueEyes
    Because we hoped Ebonheart pact and Daggerfall Covenant would in fact be the ones to encounter a game breaking faction quest glitch? <3
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I played an altmer mage in skyrim so wanted to stick with what I knew for my first character. Didn't have the explorer's pack to start off with, bought that on g2a at a later date. I don't really like yellow as a colour but I'm quite happy to be AD now, would choose again.
    PC | EU
  • ShackledDreams
    ShackledDreams
    Soul Shriven
    Wanted to play a thief and had limited game time these past two weeks. As such, the Aldmeri Dominion's starting area was very accessible to a sneaky Khajiit. Primary character is going to likely be a Bosmer though, so I'll stick with AD.
    Dark Brotherhood Shadowscale...bring on the DLC.
  • chrystalwhite
    For some reason, i like fighting for a queen more then fighting for a king :P
    Aldmeri Dominion, European server.

Aedric spear Templar V1
    Playstation 4
  • Farorin
    Farorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ayrenn... Dat booty.

Also, because my favourite race are Bosmer, and I was super keen on seeing Valenwood... Just disappointing that there is no reason for me to ever go back there again apart from picking up the odd pledge in grahtwood.
  • JackisEaton
    JackisEaton
    ✭✭
    High Elf Superiority.