The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Login failed for both EU and NA servers.

• cwebbx
    cwebbx
    Soul Shriven
    Hello Zenimax, we're all here saying this workaround you suggested isn't working... Cannot connect, so What are we supposed to do now? Any updates or other fixes, anything? This is beyond frustrating, to the point, where its not even worth the money. Has to be something else to help us?
  • nbrown43
    nbrown43
    Soul Shriven
    I randomly was able to just get in now on the NA server. Just an update.
  • Robbie575
    Robbie575
    ✭✭✭
    The thing that no one seems to understand is that Zenimax was going to stagger the release so it wasn't flooded. But for some unknown reason, it was released all at once. Also, their "stress test" with beta wasn't NEARLY the amount of players on now, and the "stress test" they did with bots was just that: bots. bots act upon certain guidelines, and don't do just whatever. You have hundreds of thousands of players on at once, stressing the system and the megaservers more than almost any company on the planet can prepare for. People said a lot of these same things for GTA Online, and The Old Republic. [snip] They are working non-stop to fix the issue. What are you doing? Hunh? I'd love to see anyone here do 1/100th of what they can with their servers and getting them operational. And I guarantee you that there's people coming in on days off and taking time off from their plans to get this dealt with. The ZOS team actually values customer service and their player base. [snip]
    ZOS employees: Thank you for your time and dedication. I, unlike most of the people on this forum, understand that you can't be expected to release a perfect game right off the bat. There's console-specific glitches and bugs that you have to find and get to in your own time. Keep up the wonderful service and I hope you all get a nice bonus for the time that you obviously didn't have to take out to make all of us players happy.

Also, two ideas (just ideas that are probably spawned from ignorance of how your system works) but A) make it to where our content that we pay for, like our Imperial edition upgrades and pre-order bonuses for our entire consoles. My fiancee wants to be able to use the Imperial edition bonuses on her profile, since we split the cost of buying it, and she can't even get the "Any Race, Any Alliance" bonus. B ) bring back the black panther mount for us Xbox and PlayStation users so we can get it, and get others like the spiders and tigers and drakes from Neverwinter.

Thanks again, and have a wonderful time playing alongside us decent gamers who actually appreciate your hard work. :)

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 10, 2023 7:27PM
    Xbox One NA server:
    Bayley Saur: Bosmer, Templar (AD)
    Constantine Mxyzptlk : Altmer, Sorcerer (EP)
  • FireCowCommando
    FireCowCommando
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    about 6 hours of trying to get through over two days around time periods of 8 pm, 2 am - 4 am, and then 5 pm the following day (PST).

Really not enjoying this whole not being able to play the game at all with massive amount of effort. Who do i need to contact for my refund?

Fooled me again zeni... Console just as unstable as PC =/

Kinda learning why you stopped all other departments to try to fix console stability now. Even with all that work i still cant even get past the log in raid boss regardless of what time of day.
    Edited by FireCowCommando on June 10, 2015 1:32AM
  • nbrown43
    nbrown43
    Soul Shriven
    Just kidding... I was online for about a minute and then I tried casting a spell and it wasn't working. I'm guessing I lagged out and got the "lost connection to the server" error. Tried logging into the server again. And now I'm right back where I started with the internal error message.
  • Julianos
    Julianos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Robbie575 wrote: »
    The thing that no one seems to understand is that Zenimax was going to stagger the release so it wasn't flooded. But for some unknown reason, it was released all at once. Also, their "stress test" with beta wasn't NEARLY the amount of players on now, and the "stress test" they did with bots was just that: bots. bots act upon certain guidelines, and don't do just whatever. You have hundreds of thousands of players on at once, stressing the system and the megaservers more than almost any company on the planet can prepare for. People said a lot of these same things for GTA Online, and The Old Republic. [snip] They are working non-stop to fix the issue. What are you doing? Hunh? I'd love to see anyone here do 1/100th of what they can with their servers and getting them operational. And I guarantee you that there's people coming in on days off and taking time off from their plans to get this dealt with. The ZOS team actually values customer service and their player base. [snip]
    ZOS employees: Thank you for your time and dedication. I, unlike most of the people on this forum, understand that you can't be expected to release a perfect game right off the bat. There's console-specific glitches and bugs that you have to find and get to in your own time. Keep up the wonderful service and I hope you all get a nice bonus for the time that you obviously didn't have to take out to make all of us players happy.

Also, two ideas (just ideas that are probably spawned from ignorance of how your system works) but A) make it to where our content that we pay for, like our Imperial edition upgrades and pre-order bonuses for our entire consoles. My fiancee wants to be able to use the Imperial edition bonuses on her profile, since we split the cost of buying it, and she can't even get the "Any Race, Any Alliance" bonus. B) bring back the black panther mount for us Xbox and PlayStation users so we can get it, and get others like the spiders and tigers and drakes from Neverwinter.

Thanks again, and have a wonderful time playing alongside us decent gamers who actually appreciate your hard work. :)

you can't blame people because they complain, they've paid money so they deserve working product. They don't have to do anything they not programmers they are customers they paid for working game not broken

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 10, 2023 7:28PM
  • Mirra_Halfelven
    Mirra_Halfelven
    ✭✭✭
    We're continuing to work on a fix for the "Login Failed" error. In the meantime, please try the following workaround (which some others in this thread have already shared) if you're encountering this issue:

If you are trying to log into the NA megaserver:
    1. Switch to the EU megaserver
    2. Log into the EU megaserver and accept the legal agreements as prompted
    3. Log out of the EU megaserver and switch back to the NA megaserver
    4. Log into the NA megaserver

If you are trying to log into the EU megaserver:
    1. Switch to the NA megaserver
    2. Log into the NA megaserver and accept the legal agreements as prompted
    3. Log out of the NA megaserver and switch back to the NA megaserver
    4. Log into the EU megaserver

@ZOS_AmeliaR You're Welcome!

Feel free to shower me praise & free crown coins! ;)
    Mirra Halfelven, Templar Troublemaker
    Daggerfall Covenant - PS4 NA
    PSN: Scooby_609
  • SeaChanty
    SeaChanty
    Soul Shriven
    Just to follow up, I did finally get in after shutting down and restarting.
  • JordonCue
    JordonCue
    Soul Shriven
    The server switch doesn't work for me (I play on NA)...But I can play on the EU server..
  • twhiting9275
    This is beyond ridiculous, people. For close to 24h, these issues have plagued your servers, and what have you done about them? We PAID for a product, yet cannot ACCESS that product because of your negligence!

Stop with the half hearted apologies. They're words. By this point NOBODY believes you.
    START fixing the problem, or tell us where we can get a refund, since we have yet to have any resemblance of stability
  • MediocreLion
    MediocreLion
    Soul Shriven
    Do i want to play the game? Of course I do. Do I understand that there are going to be issues on launch day? Of course I do. Give me a reason why I can't play. Give me something to try to fix my issue. Just give me something. I've been on hold for over an hour now (was going to just hang up, but now it's almost a game to see how long I'll wait).
  • Zazaaji
    Zazaaji
    ✭✭✭✭
    Give me something to try to fix my issue. J
    See @Mirra_Halfelven 's original solution quoted by a dev 4 posts above you.
    English is not my first language, Finnish is.
    Please don't heap on me for grammar problems.
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Welcome to ESO everyone.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey guys,

We are aware that some of you are still seeing the following error message when attempting to login to the game: "Login Error: An unexpected error has occurred." This error message is due to the overwhelming demand for ESOTU and the high volume of traffic currently hitting our login servers.

We understand this is frustrating, but we encourage you to continue to try logging in until you reach a screen stating that you've been placed into a queue. Once you're in the queue, please do not leave the queue, close the game client, or otherwise navigate away from this screen. We’re working to get you into Tamriel as quickly as we can. Thanks for your continued patience and support!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • CrmsnGhost
    CrmsnGhost
    Soul Shriven
    I'd really love to play the game I popped $100 on. I've been able to log in twice today. And been booted both times. You should've known that there would be a lot of traffic based on Bethesda's fanbase. Please try and stay on top of it.
  • sagitter
    sagitter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't worry, first days these issues are normal for an high populated mmo , many others, also WOW Wod had similar issues, also Eso is sub free, so just be patience, you'll play.
  • MediocreLion
    MediocreLion
    Soul Shriven
    Hey guys,

We are aware that some of you are still seeing the following error message when attempting to login to the game: "Login Error: An unexpected error has occurred." This error message is due to the overwhelming demand for ESOTU and the high volume of traffic currently hitting our login servers.

We understand this is frustrating, but we encourage you to continue to try logging in until you reach a screen stating that you've been placed into a queue. Once you're in the queue, please do not leave the queue, close the game client, or otherwise navigate away from this screen. We’re working to get you into Tamriel as quickly as we can. Thanks for your continued patience and support!

So you want us to just continuously hit one button for hours? That's your fix? Come on, that's a little silly. I've been on hold for 2 hours. That is also silly. I understand you are going to have issues, but this is pretty ridiculous.

You're slowly losing a customer with poor customer service.
  • Gabriel_Froste
    Gabriel_Froste
    ✭✭✭
    Guys... [snip]? I mean like... come on, it's not like you can whip out a game engine and create a game from scratch without any flaws. [snip] JUST STOP.

[snip]

The issue does not seem to be caused by slow connections... for the most part. So do not worry, the situation will stabilize eventually and those with 'slower' networks may very well be able to play this game. As far as I am concerned, there is no 'high' bandwidth requirement.

At 4AM-7AM on the NA server I was able to play unhindered and it only used an average of 25MBs per hour. However, I suppose having a higher speed connection with fiber-optic cables would probably keep you connected better than... certain other ISP alternatives.

I presume the real issue is caused by more than a few thousand of us locked at the main menu trying to connect constantly. The EU population is presumably 'smaller' but the latency is higher which may or may not cause NA players to disconnect because of the actually pretty high number of players on the EU server right after launch.

There's a lot more players in the entirety of NA because of the Canadians and... Mexicans... as well as Americans. So be patient. Zenimax is under a lot of pressure and they've been working as fast as they can to appease the crowds. When you work at such high speeds to meet a deadline that has been delayed multiple times there are bound to be problems.

I will continue to support Zenimax, Bethesda and ESO regardless of the errors, flaws, and mishaps. For that is my love of the Elder Scrolls.

OF COURSE I would've liked to continue playing and immerse myself in the sections Tamriel that are available for exploration... I can wait to play a masterpiece and appreciate the hardwork and sleepless nights that Zenimax endures.

So all of your children that dare say: "I want the product I paid for."

You already have it, just wait for the developers to fix it.

[edited for bashing/profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 10, 2023 7:30PM
    Please Refer to my Blacksmith Manual
    Rambling Anti-Manual Manual
  • MediocreLion
    MediocreLion
    Soul Shriven
    If I wanted to continuously hit a button until something works I would have bought Mortal Kombat. Just saying.
  • Gabriel_Froste
    Gabriel_Froste
    ✭✭✭
    If I wanted to continuously hit a button until something works I would have bought Mortal Kombat. Just saying.

Nobody said you have to continuously hit that button. You're choosing to. Despite knowing that it is futile.

Just go play a different game, or go outside and take a deep breath of factory-contaminated atmosphere.
  • dreas7575
    dreas7575
    Soul Shriven
    Hey guys,

Getting in the game is one thing staying in is another 1 day off a week and I've been booted out lagged out can't login more times then I can count.... Lag glitches I understand but complete malfunction...what else can I say I give up
  • MediocreLion
    MediocreLion
    Soul Shriven

Nobody said you have to continuously hit that button. You're choosing to. Despite knowing that it is futile.

Just go play a different game, or go outside and take a deep breath of factory-contaminated atmosphere.

Not sure where I said I was being forced to hit a button continuously. I am pretty sure they said to "continue trying to try log in until you reach a screen stating that you've been placed in a queue" though.

That entails hitting a button continuously.

Tonight is the only chance in about a week I'll get to play the game due to work, so I prefer actually get what I paid for instead of "playing a different game".

Thanks for your incredibly insightful comments though. Don't keep us waiting much longer for more, please.
  • P4R4M3DIC
    P4R4M3DIC
    Soul Shriven
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Hey Devs, can y'all post something stating what y'all are doing on your end to fix the issue. Advice on how to fix the problem is one things but if you post what y'all are doing short-term and long term will take a lot of heat away from y'all. Also can you let us know if you're adding more servers/ports to the NA server? if so, when? I played this game for about 2 hours today before I got booted off and I was excited to see what I played and I can't wait to get back at it. I wish things didn't go as they did with the release but **** happens...
  • Gabriel_Froste
    Gabriel_Froste
    ✭✭✭
    Hmn. -slight nod-
  • XyonicS
    XyonicS
    Soul Shriven
    Love the queue on this, you are waiting in a queue there are 1 people ahead of you and expected time is 1 seconds, then Play pops up so you hit it and go straight back into the queue, lol.

It's like a mini game all on it's own.

Oh well should be sorted some time soon, is just the usual MMO launch teething problems.
  • Gabriel_Froste
    Gabriel_Froste
    ✭✭✭
    The Queue is broken guys. The Queue is broken. 1 person ahead of you. Wait time is 1 second. Then it just kicks you back to the PRESS A menu and you do it again... and it gives you like... I think error 315 sometimes. But usually it just says internal error.

Sometimes it's connection error. Sometimes it's just... UNEXPECTED.
  • TGSilentReaper
    So is every console player having this issue or only like 90%?
  • AmonThoth
    AmonThoth
    Soul Shriven
    I tried the EU Server switch solution and it did not fix my Internal Error problem. I was logged on and playing when the game crashed on me and I had to restart. That is when the Internal Error issue started. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
  • TGSilentReaper
    There is no help, we have to wait until it's resolved for everyone all at once..
  • TGSilentReaper
    Wow...Position in queue: 59066
    Approx wait time 1 second lol.