The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Thornblade Lives!! (NA)

manny254
manny254
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Screenshot_20150607_183008_zpsjciwwrll.png
- Mojican
  • Eirella
    Eirella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lovely to see! Thanks to the group of blues and reds at Bleakers for some great fights! :3
    (PC/NA) - | @Eirella - formerly @jinxgames | CP 1000+ | Mainly PvPer (EP) | Haxus
    /uninstalled
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Always good to see some ebb and flow pvp break out, maybe one day we can get rid of the buff servers and have three active factions, and some awesome dynamic pvp, one can dream I suppose.. :)
  • Ffastyl
    Ffastyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @kevlarto_ESO It was like that for a while; all four campaigns had their action, some more than others. There were small scale, medium scale, and large scale campaigns to choose from. It was nicer then...
    PvP will ebb and flow, so for now: STO(M)P EP!
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

PC NA
    Daggerfall Covenant

Ffastyl - Level 50 Templar
    Arturus Amitis - Level 50 Nightblade
    Sulac the Wanderer - Level 50 Dragonknight
    Arcturus Leland - Level 50 Sorcerer
    Azrog rus-Oliphet - Level 50 Templar
    Tienc - Level 50 Warden
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Ashen Willow Knight - Level 50 Templar
    Champion Rank 938

Check out:
    Old vs New Intro Cinematics

"My strength is that I have no weaknesses. My weakness is that I have no strengths."
    Member since May 4th, 2014.
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    manny254 wrote: »
    Screenshot_20150607_183008_zpsjciwwrll.png

We did it, eh? <3;)

I am so happy to see TB coming back to life. Now let's keep it a clean house, folks.
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @God_flakes indeed we did.

Also all the DC that came, LOM, Fengrush, just everyone who participated. The fights last night were something, and with no lag. It was really great! :)
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I was on earlier in the day, and it was pretty fun. It's pretty rad to have enemy forces from all angles.

DC people were wiping us EP. It's pretty rare to see DC on Thornblade.
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fun on TB the last 4 nights has breathed fresh life into this game for me. At first, it felt like too much AD were trying to "dominate" again. But ep have shown up and despite some nastiness at Glade by a certain ep crew-overall Ep is heartily pushing AD (who needs to be pushed). GG Agrippa last night. Now if blue could just get their scrolls. Grrrrrr.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also a dueling guild held an event near nickel tonight. Ran into what I thought was a 3 way battle and was met with organize duels. Keep it up EPADDC.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Roselle
    Roselle
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    Also a dueling guild held an event near nickel tonight. Ran into what I thought was a 3 way battle and was met with organize duels. Keep it up EPADDC.

Hey I think I met you for the first time last night. I was running around in your general direction because my build is really bad for sneaking.
    This one was rekt by Zenimax
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Roselle wrote: »

Hey I think I met you for the first time last night. I was running around in your general direction because my build is really bad for sneaking.

Lol really? Its hard to see the names on my UI of enemy players. Pleasure you meet you :D
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's interesting to see. Will be curious if it lasts for a while, but... it definitely breaks up the past few months of having all of 4-6 DC on at a time per night.
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol a blue emp on thorn.

its been what, six months?
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Weberda
    Weberda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Must have been a full moon or something over the weekend. I played my AD toon on Thorn for the first time in months over the weekend. Ran into N'Tel who told me impolitely to go back to EP. I laughed for the next five minutes.
    Fernwood, EP Haderus NA
    Lo Behold, AD Thornblade NA (formerly Haderus, inactive)
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    After watching the number of people exploiting their way into keeps last night... I'm really not happy with the way Thornblade turned blue. Hey, we don't need to break down walls anymore when we can just exploit into keeps en masse. People weren't even hiding it. We broke down the walls at Bleaker's and there were 10+ DC inside already from exploiting into it, and they got pissed at us because we damaged the walls when we could just exploit inside.

That's really, REALLY frustrating to see. =/
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Preyfar wrote: »
    After watching the number of people exploiting their way into keeps last night... I'm really not happy with the way Thornblade turned blue. Hey, we don't need to break down walls anymore when we can just exploit into keeps en masse. People weren't even hiding it. We broke down the walls at Bleaker's and there were 10+ DC inside already from exploiting into it, and they got pissed at us because we damaged the walls when we could just exploit inside.

Is that what happened? I thought they had a breach on the south?
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In several of the fights, they kept shouting "We've got a breach!" and yelled at us to stop sieging. The keeps were still AD, and I ended up riding around the keeps to look... not a single breach. I later whispered one of the guys, and he outright told me "Yeah, we're just using XXX to get into the keep."

And every fight after that, I was watching and recording people going up, exploiting to get in. Once you know how it's done it's painfully easy to spot, and it's also REALLY easy to do. It honestly makes me not want to PVP anymore given how rampant it was last night.

It's discouraging, especially given how bad it was last night. Thornblade was a rough server for the past few months, but it was fun. I never had to go "SHENANIGANS!" but these past few nights... I've just seen so much questionable stuff. 30+ AD walk up to a resource, stand there, die. Big ass defense tick comes up, and a few DC people are just sitting there to take the AP.
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭

All I know is you're the most negative person in zone. You're not happy with any DC that show up there. In fact at one point you told us all to leave as though the server is yours and yours alone. I think it doesn't matter what dc comes there and tries to accomplish-you're going to be butt hurt and resentful and uncooperative.
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aha, that's how DC poured out of an AD keep after we took down the wall. I was dumbfounded on what happened. Whatever it is, it's not cool. Sad to hear the fun on TB became a blue map from exploits.

As a side note, You're a beast @Preyfar. I met you at Glade several times on Sunday morning. You wiped our whole group out.
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    God_flakes wrote: »
    All I know is you're the most negative person in zone. You're not happy with any DC that show up there. In fact at one point you told us all to leave as though the server is yours and yours alone. I think it doesn't matter what dc comes there and tries to accomplish-you're going to be butt hurt and resentful and uncooperative.
    I've never told anyone to leave. I told people to stop working with enemy, spying on people and reporting on player locations to the enemy. I've been one of the few DC on Thornblade trying to make things work for months, and I'm more than happy to work with anyone. However, I'm not going to work with guilds or people who openly admit to working with rival factions, spying and coordinating with the enemy.

That's the difference.

Nor am I going to work with guilds who are using exploits to get into keeps, bypassing the doors and the walls. So yeah, if you want to call me negative because I'm tired of people cheating, then I'll gladly wear that banner. But I've never told people to leave, nor do I think the server belongs to me. It's a team effort. But when part of the team is openly exploiting, yeah, I take issue with that.
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ThePonzzz wrote: »
    As a side note, You're a beast @Preyfar. I met you at Glade several times on Sunday morning. You wiped our whole group out.
    Were you the guys at Ales? I know at one point I killed like 20 people in a row at Ales. Every time I killed one guy, another two showed up, killed one, another three showed up...

I don't smoke, but by the end of that fight I needed a cig baaaad. =D
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In several of the fights, they kept shouting "We've got a breach!" and yelled at us to stop sieging. The keeps were still AD, and I ended up riding around the keeps to look... not a single breach. I later whispered one of the guys, and he outright told me "Yeah, we're just using XXX to get into the keep."

And every fight after that, I was watching and recording people going up, exploiting to get in. Once you know how it's done it's painfully easy to spot, and it's also REALLY easy to do. It honestly makes me not want to PVP anymore given how rampant it was last night.

It's discouraging, especially given how bad it was last night. Thornblade was a rough server for the past few months, but it was fun. I never had to go "SHENANIGANS!" but these past few nights... I've just seen so much questionable stuff. 30+ AD walk up to a resource, stand there, die. Big ass defense tick comes up, and a few DC people are just sitting there to take the AP.

OK I didn't see any breaches (my view range was slightly reduced in my settings). Another incident happened there which I gladly reported but sadly it was a DC player I had to do it against.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aha, that's how DC poured out of an AD keep after we took down the wall. I was dumbfounded on what happened. Whatever it is, it's not cool. Sad to hear the fun on TB became a blue map from exploits.

Stealthing up inside a keep and prepping the inner is OLD NEWS. It's done on every server and is NOT a cheat.
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never told anyone to leave. I told people to stop working with enemy, spying on people and reporting on player locations to the enemy. I've been one of the few DC on Thornblade trying to make things work for months, and I'm more than happy to work with anyone. However, I'm not going to work with guilds or people who openly admit to working with rival factions, spying and coordinating with the enemy.

That's the difference.

Nor am I going to work with guilds who are using exploits to get into keeps, bypassing the doors and the walls. So yeah, if you want to call me negative because I'm tired of people cheating, then I'll gladly wear that banner. But I've never told people to leave, nor do I think the server belongs to me. It's a team effort. But when part of the team is openly exploiting, yeah, I take issue with that.

And who does that ? Who works with the enemy and tells the enemy our positions? You make these vague accusations with zero proof. You epitomize everything wrong with DC. You instinctually attack your fellow players. And why? So you can come here and brag you 1v20? I've watched you fight and never saw that. As far as exploits all you have referenced is people prepping keeps from inside. BFD.
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Were you the guys at Ales? I know at one point I killed like 20 people in a row at Ales. Every time I killed one guy, another two showed up, killed one, another three showed up...

Yeah, Ales and Glade. You kept taking Glade's farm from us! Haha.

Stealthing up inside a keep and prepping the inner is OLD NEWS. It's done on every server and is NOT a cheat.

How does one stealth inside a keep that has no breach though? I'm fine with people sneaking through a breach and hiding out inside undetected while it gets repaired. But this was NOT the case. People were getting through without a wall being down at all.

• Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And who does that ? Who works with the enemy and tells the enemy our positions? You make these vague accusations with zero proof. You epitomize everything wrong with DC. You instinctually attack your fellow players. And why? So you can come here and brag you 1v20? I've watched you fight and never saw that. As far as exploits all you have referenced is people prepping keeps from inside. BFD.
    Using certain skills to get inside an enemy keep and bypass doors and walls is not an issue? Okay...

And who do I attack in zone? Short of one single recent issue, where I was upset with another guild for working with AD, and coordinate directly with their emp and guilds, I don't take any issue. But nor am I going to drag that our further, since what happened happened, and it got ugly. But that was one single issue, and for about an hour. But I didn't agree with being told "AD says we can only attack X and Y keeps, so don't attack anything else."
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How does one stealth inside a keep that has no breach though? I'm fine with people sneaking through a breach and hiding out inside undetected while it gets repaired. But this was NOT the case. People were getting through without a wall being down at all.
    Sadly, it's really easy. =/ Some of the guilds were broadcasting how to do it the other day, and it just... it's easy. And very, very broken.

• Planchard
    Planchard
    ✭✭
    Yesterday was the most fun I've had pvping since I returned to the game in January. I just couldn't take solo sieging keeps anymore on Azura's. At least on Thornblade when I solo a resource, people show up and help siege the keep.

It's also nice to be able to deal decent damage now. Before I started my DK I just healed on my Templar and only used Dark Flare and Luminous shards for dps so when I came back to the game in January I wanted to try something different and it's a lot more fun than healing.

I'm not on call for work this week so I'll be able to get in TS to join groups if anyone wants to group up. I was having fun running around solo yesterday but sometimes it's good to have some more numbers with you.
    Planchard - V14 Templar Healer DC Rank 24 (Retired)
    Leggo Mayne- V16 Stamina DK DC Rank 27

MEGA BEST FRIENDS!
    Nemesis

PSN- UGotPlanchard
    Alliance- DC
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Planchard wrote: »
    Yesterday was the most fun I've had pvping since I returned to the game in January. I just couldn't take solo sieging keeps anymore on Azura's. At least on Thornblade when I solo a resource, people show up and help siege the keep.
    You did a damn good job, too. =)

And yeah, old school Thorners all tend to rush to help out because we're used to having 4-6 people on at night (at most!). So we're used to rushing in, swords at the ready, and wrecking everything in our path. Although, the dying after 50 EP show up 10 minutes later seems to have stopped of late. =D
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, Ales and Glade. You kept taking Glade's farm from us! Haha.

My last night on Chill I got inside Ales before it flipped red. I stealthed up and hid and waited for red to leave. My plan was to prep the inner. I ended up conversing with an ep player who saw me and didn't kill me. But I was inside a good 15 mins. Point being not everything you see that you can't explain is a cheat or exploit. Just like Mojican or Fixate getting mad AP in TB. Just because you don't "get it" doesn't mean they cheat.
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Using certain skills to get inside an enemy keep and bypass doors and walls is not an issue? Okay...

And who do I attack in zone? Short of one single recent issue, where I was upset with another guild for working with AD, and coordinate directly with their emp and guilds, I don't take any issue. But nor am I going to drag that our further, since what happened happened, and it got ugly. But that was one single issue, and for about an hour. But I didn't agree with being told "AD says we can only attack X and Y keeps, so don't attack anything else."

Ahem. That was MY guild and you're vastly misstating what happened. When I arrived in TB, yellow owned the entire map except Rayles and Warden. We set out to siege Glade and wiped to Ad because frankly we had 6 people and they had 30 and the emp. The emp graciously messaged me and apologized and basically said "look we want this campaign to take off. We don't want to discourage you guys from coming here so I will tell Ya what, go ahead and push to Chalman and we won't interfere." I said ok cool thanks!

Now you can sit here and call that collusion and "dishonorable" like you screamed at me in zone before blocking me like a coward. I call this a video game and I see the Ad emp as a very forward thinking type who was willing to help encourage others to come. VERY different from the Ad bullies who wrecked Azura. This is how players should treat one another. In the process he was dethroned and was FINE with that. He's HAPPY the campaign has action again. It took a spark, some friendly cooperation and bam now TB is viable again.

But you go right ahead being a negative nancy and keep trash talking me in zone. I have one vr14 and its dc. I don't even have any level 10 of any faction. I am solid DC and always will be. I am loyal to my faction. But I don't see anything wrong with befriending ep and ad players and working with them from time to time. Nobody should be above that.
    Edited by God_flakes on June 8, 2015 6:22PM