The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Thornblade Lives!! (NA)

• Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    God_flakes wrote: »
    My last night on Chill I got inside Ales before it flipped red. I stealthed up and hid and waited for red to leave. My plan was to prep the inner. I ended up conversing with an ep player who saw me and didn't kill me. But I was inside a good 15 mins. Point being not everything you see that you can't explain is a cheat or exploit.
    It's not so much that. That's fine, and I've done that myself. But there's a way to walk up to an enemy keep and just get inside with minimal effort.You can get 10+ people into an enemy keep without having to siege. Literally sort of just walk up to the door and get inside, bypassing walls/doors. Not going to discuss the actual exploit further, but... that's the issue I have, and none of your guild has done that.
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Using certain skills to get inside an enemy keep and bypass doors and walls is not an issue? Okay...
    While we had our issue, your guild is not the guild I'm referring to. This happened last night, and it was none of your guild members.
  • Roselle
    Roselle
    ✭✭✭✭
    Planchard wrote: »
    Yesterday was the most fun I've had pvping since I returned to the game in January. I just couldn't take solo sieging keeps anymore on Azura's. At least on Thornblade when I solo a resource, people show up and help siege the keep.

It's also nice to be able to deal decent damage now. Before I started my DK I just healed on my Templar and only used Dark Flare and Luminous shards for dps so when I came back to the game in January I wanted to try something different and it's a lot more fun than healing.

I'm not on call for work this week so I'll be able to get in TS to join groups if anyone wants to group up. I was having fun running around solo yesterday but sometimes it's good to have some more numbers with you.

Thanks. I knew how frustrating it was back in the day.
    This one was rekt by Zenimax
  • manny254
    manny254
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Preyfar wrote: »
    My last night on Chill I got inside Ales before it flipped red. I stealthed up and hid and waited for red to leave. My plan was to prep the inner. I ended up conversing with an ep player who saw me and didn't kill me. But I was inside a good 15 mins. Point being not everything you see that you can't explain is a cheat or exploit.
    It's not so much that. That's fine, and I've done that myself. But there's a way to walk up to an enemy keep and just get inside with minimal effort.You can get 10+ people into an enemy keep without having to siege. Literally sort of just walk up to the door and get inside, bypassing walls/doors. Not going to discuss the actual exploit further, but... that's the issue I have, and none of your guild has done that.

I got on this morning in time to see the what Preyfar is speaking of. There is an exploit within the game where a sorc can get into pretty much any keep in the game if they are good at it. I went into fare (a level 5 keep) to find a lone sorc at the top shooting the inner. All the walls on the outer where at the same percentages. I cannot say for sure, but based on the situational context (Level 5 keep that was probably not attacked anytime recently) made me feel this sorc was using the exploit to get in there. When I chased him he simply jumped out of the keep and sent me tells attempting to taunt me.
    - Mojican
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    manny254 wrote: »
    I got on this morning in time to see the what Preyfar is speaking of.
    Nightblades have their own version of it, but it only works on specific keeps. It was rampant last night.

Edited by Preyfar on June 8, 2015 7:41PM
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler so, any news with this keep exploit?
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • JTorus
    JTorus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler so, any news with this keep exploit?

I wouldn't count on it. For a couple of reasons.

Remember that scene in Fight Club where Jack explains the math behind his company's decisions to issue vehicle recalls? That same logic applies here. In the grand list of things to fix, it is not that high of a priority, it simply isn't occurring enough. Don't mistake me, I certainly wouldn't advocate spreading the knowledge around, as it is a violation of the TOS. However, the cold hard truth of it is, until it is a priority item at a ZOS weekly meeting, it will not be addressed. Out of all of us who have witnessed it, reported it, expressed knowledge on how to replicate it, has anyone been contacted by someone at ZOS to demonstrate it? Exactly.

The other reason being that regardless of what @ZOS_BrianWheeler wants to work on, no matter how much he is lead in a certain department, he has a boss. He is an employee at a company with someone telling him what he should focus on. Maybe you should tug on @ZOS_MattFiror 's ear about some things.
  • filmoretub17_ESO
    filmoretub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    After watching the number of people exploiting their way into keeps last night... I'm really not happy with the way Thornblade turned blue. Hey, we don't need to break down walls anymore when we can just exploit into keeps en masse. People weren't even hiding it. We broke down the walls at Bleaker's and there were 10+ DC inside already from exploiting into it, and they got pissed at us because we damaged the walls when we could just exploit inside.

That's really, REALLY frustrating to see. =/

You cannot take bleakers without tearing down the wall. It wont let you capture the keep. IDK about the bigger keeps though.
  • JTorus
    JTorus
    ✭✭✭✭
    After watching the number of people exploiting their way into keeps last night... I'm really not happy with the way Thornblade turned blue. Hey, we don't need to break down walls anymore when we can just exploit into keeps en masse. People weren't even hiding it. We broke down the walls at Bleaker's and there were 10+ DC inside already from exploiting into it, and they got pissed at us because we damaged the walls when we could just exploit inside.

You cannot take bleakers without tearing down the wall. It wont let you capture the keep. IDK about the bigger keeps though.

You are 100% incorrect on this. Glitching into the outpost, killing the NPC's and then taking the wall or door down to a certain percentage will allow you to flip the flags. All without the icon on the map lighting up.
  • VirtualElizabeth
    VirtualElizabeth
    ✭✭✭✭
    manny254 wrote: »
    Screenshot_20150607_183008_zpsjciwwrll.png

Nice to see AD not running away from a fight to another server! JUST KIDDING!!! :p

For real though, I was there last night on my lowbie 36 Templar and had a great time. Go Tomatoes!!!

@ElizabethInTamriel
    NA/PC
    Eleanour Masterham - Breton Templar
    Elise Masterham - Breton Magicka Nightblade
    Elinora Valen - Dunmer MagDK
    Elsa Masterham - Breton Mag Warden
  • filmoretub17_ESO
    filmoretub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    JTorus wrote: »

You are 100% incorrect on this. Glitching into the outpost, killing the NPC's and then taking the wall or door down to a certain percentage will allow you to flip the flags. All without the icon on the map lighting up.

Ok however it takes a very long time to do this with 5 players. First they have to get inside then they have to kill all the guards downstairs. Then while they are trying to shoot the wall from inside the guards will respawn and they have to kill the guards again. This process takes about 20-30 minutes depending on how strong the group is. So maybe they can capture it without it flagging but they also have to make sure no one see's them because if someone does then the entire faction can port into the unflagged keep.
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problems will arise if that 3 bars of pop on Azura migrates over to TB. And you know they eventually will when the already equal balance of AD gets tired of getting their butts handed to them.
  • c0rp
    c0rp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I stepped into TB last night...saw EP had all the scrolls and decided nothing has changed.
    Force weapon swap to have priority over EVERYTHING. Close enough.
    Make stamina builds even with magicka builds.
    Disable abilities while holding block.
    Give us a REASON to do dungeons more than once.
    Remove PVP AoE CAP. It is ruining Cyrodiil.
    Fix/Remove Forward Camps. They are ruining Cyrodiil.
    Impenetrability needs to REDUCE CRIT DAMAGE. Not negate entire builds.
    Werewolf is not equal to Vamps/Bats.
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I watched it happen last night. Whether this is an exploit or a bug-turned-feature can be left for debate. But it's definitely a pretty boring way to play PvP. If turning keeps and keeping the enemy from transiting is really that important to you, I guess so be it. Seems rather frustrating though to players NOT doing this. Playing ESO: Horse Sim just to get to places isn't going to keep people in Cyrodiil. This really isn't about being a sore loser. I'm fine with losing, being in last place, being farmed, etc. But if the developers really wanted people to be able to ignore the outer wall, they'd let us use the door.

Ok however it takes a very long time to do this with 5 players. First they have to get inside then they have to kill all the guards downstairs. Then while they are trying to shoot the wall from inside the guards will respawn and they have to kill the guards again. This process takes about 20-30 minutes depending on how strong the group is. So maybe they can capture it without it flagging but they also have to make sure no one see's them because if someone does then the entire faction can port into the unflagged keep.

Yeah, maybe 5 people. Been when 15 people port over the walls, it takes about 2 to 3 minutes.
  • JTorus
    JTorus
    ✭✭✭✭

I dispute your timing and quantification, but we may have a different basis of comparison. Either way, semantics. It's cheating.
  • FluffiestOne
    FluffiestOne
    ✭✭✭✭
    ThePonzzz wrote: »
    Well, I watched it happen last night. Whether this is an exploit or a bug-turned-feature can be left for debate. But it's definitely a pretty boring way to play PvP. If turning keeps and keeping the enemy from transiting is really that important to you, I guess so be it. Seems rather frustrating though to players NOT doing this. Playing ESO: Horse Sim just to get to places isn't going to keep people in Cyrodiil. This really isn't about being a sore loser. I'm fine with losing, being in last place, being farmed, etc. But if the developers really wanted people to be able to ignore the outer wall, they'd let us use the door.

Yeah, maybe 5 people. Been when 15 people port over the walls, it takes about 2 to 3 minutes.

takes me about 2 minutes duo, not possible solo (guards re spawn too fast)
    Fluffy
    Senior Fluffykins, Daggerfall Liberator of Haderus, Dragonknight.
    Fliffers, Daggerfall Liberator of Hopesfire, Templar.
    Prophet Fluffy of Death, Casual of the Dominion, Sorceror.
    Nozdorumu The Timeless, Daggerfall. Dragon. Nightblade.
    All my toon names are subject to change.
    " Ignorance must be bliss because I can't imagine why anyone would live in it. " -Fluffy
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Difficulty or duration is really unimportant.

Cheating is cheating and should result in actioned accounts.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I can do it solo in about five minutes on my DK. 10 on my NB because its a glass cannon build.

Two people can do it in about 3 minutes.

This assumes that no one shows up to defend or is in there by chance.

It actually takes more time for the flags to flip from just one person standing on them than it does to kill all the guards and get the door to 66. /leanbackcoin
    Edited by Rylana on June 10, 2015 7:19PM
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How to solo:

Kill the 2 guards on the broken entry door that always aggro when you jump in (alternatively you can just leash them up on the ring, and deal with them when youre killing back flag guards if needed), oil the front flag from the same stairwell, kill the 2 guards by the transitus, jump down into the near corner to the entrance door behind the coffin, kill the midway guards (between the two flags). Siege now to 66, flip front. replace siege with fire ballista, kill back flag guards. Flip back flag.

If done correctly, (and your toon can solo 2 guards at once efficiently) it should be all over within five minutes. if guards start respawning, it should be in waves that allow you to ignore all but the ones in the center and back flag area regarding flipping problems. Even if the transitus/front guards respawn (not the honor guards) they wont aggro if you stay just behind the flag.

Disclaimer: While I agree the concept of doing this is in and of itself shady and emergent gameplay, it is COMPLETELY possible to actually hide inside on the outcroppings during a siege and not be caught (the fault of the people that took it, not mine), and do this without actually exploiting through the broken door. the very first time i ever did this, thats exactly what happened (i didnt even know you could go through the door at the time)
    Edited by Rylana on June 10, 2015 7:30PM
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • FluffiestOne
    FluffiestOne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »

How to solo:

Kill the 2 guards on the broken entry door that always aggro when you jump in (alternatively you can just leash them up on the ring, and deal with them when youre killing back flag guards if needed), oil the front flag from the same stairwell, kill the 2 guards by the transitus, jump down into the near corner to the entrance door behind the coffin, kill the midway guards (between the two flags). Siege now to 66, flip front. replace siege with fire ballista, kill back flag guards. Flip back flag.

If done correctly, (and your toon can solo 2 guards at once efficiently) it should be all over within five minutes. if guards start respawning, it should be in waves that allow you to ignore all but the ones in the center and back flag area regarding flipping problems. Even if the transitus/front guards respawn (not the honor guards) they wont aggro if you stay just behind the flag.

Disclaimer: While I agree the concept of doing this is in and of itself shady and emergent gameplay, it is COMPLETELY possible to actually hide inside on the outcroppings during a siege and not be caught (the fault of the people that took it, not mine), and do this without actually exploiting through the broken door. the very first time i ever did this, thats exactly what happened (i didnt even know you could go through the door at the time)

Intresting, I'll have to see about that. I just do the "pull everything and yolo" tactic...
    Fluffy
    " Ignorance must be bliss because I can't imagine why anyone would live in it. " -Fluffy
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Lord FENGRUSH brought the inspiration that DC needed. Additionally, He was also able to instill fear in the weaker zerg groups led by formerly respected lord Agrippa.

As soon as they saw Lord FENGRUSH, they fled for safer pastures.
  • Roselle
    Roselle
    ✭✭✭✭
    FENGRUSH wrote: »
    The Lord FENGRUSH brought the inspiration that DC needed. Additionally, He was also able to instill fear in the weaker zerg groups led by formerly respected lord Agrippa.

Thanks FENGRUSH!
  • FluffiestOne
    FluffiestOne
    ✭✭✭✭

The Lord Fixate gave FENGRUSH a warriors welcome... surely it was FENGRUSH that destroyed our foes and saved our lands.
    Fluffy
  • Yonkit
    Yonkit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And then the campaign died...
    Has an Alter Ego in the form of a very large quadrupedal black & white Bear.
  • Roselle
    Roselle
    ✭✭✭✭

The Lord Fixate gave FENGRUSH a warriors welcome... surely it was FENGRUSH that destroyed our foes and saved our lands.

I actually kited Fixate around because he was focusing me... I was like I WILL SHOW YOU!!!

I think he died, I'm not sure.
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Roselle wrote: »

I actually kited Fixate around because he was focusing me... I was like I WILL SHOW YOU!!!

@Roselle All i know is, I gave you an awesome and a Princess Bride reference, and you just kept trying to kill me. I thought to myself, how can we possibly be friends when she keeps trying to kill me? ;)

Thank god for Bolt Escape. I gotta go Blinky, Blinky, Blinky!
    Edited by RinaldoGandolphi on June 15, 2015 3:07PM
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Roselle
    Roselle
    ✭✭✭✭

@Roselle All i know is, I gave you an awesome and a Princess Bride reference, and you just kept trying to kill me. I thought to myself, how can we possibly be friends when she keeps trying to kill me? ;)

OH YEAH?

Did you know he's on Homeland? MY MIND WAS BLOWN.
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

OH YEAH?

I had no idea he was on Homeland, I actually had to look on IMDB. Thats pretty crazy! I would have never known lol!
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Roselle
    Roselle
    ✭✭✭✭

OH YEAH?

I had no idea he was on Homeland, I actually had to look on IMDB. Thats pretty crazy! I would have never known lol!

I can go all day...

• RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im sure you can...

C3HY3uAJ1ffs4.gif
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP