The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Magicka Templar DPS Build VDSA/Trials

rokrdt05
rokrdt05
✭✭✭✭
(Note: This is a pre-IC build. Will update build once Orisinium hits.)

Hello Everyone! I had posted a build that I use when in VDSA for healing and I've gotten a lot of in game request for the build I use when I'm just DPS'ing.

Link here: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/169694/magicka-templar-healer-dps-vdsa/p1

So I thought I would go ahead and lay out here.

Just a little background before I go into it. This is pure spell damage based build and anyone who spends a little time thinking about can figure this out pretty easily. However, I think this build is especially effective for Templars compared to other classes who have passives that can offset spell damage.

(Edit Note: This build will not be really effective when Imperial City goes live. New theorycrafting will have to be done.)

Class: Templar
Race: Breton

Attribute Points Split: Magicka - 62 Health 0 - Stamina - 0
Mundus Stone: Mage

Gear:
Head -
Head of Adroitness (Well-Fitted)
Shoulders - Epaulets of Martial Knowledge (Divines)
Gloves - Gloves of Martial Knowledge (Divines)
Pants - Pants of Martial Knowledge (Infused)
Chest - Robe of the Worm Cult (Infused)
Belt - Sash of Martial Knowledge (Divines)
Boots - Boots of the Worm Cult (Divines)
Rings - Ring of Cyrodiils Light x2 (Arcane)
Necklace - Necklace of Adroitness (Arcane)
Weapon 1 - Swords of Torugs Pact x2 (Nirn)
Weapon 2 - Swords of Torugs Pact x2 (Nirn)

(Also thank you to @Gilliamtherogue for helping me with picking the best traits for each piece so I only end up with one bad trait piece.)

Set bonuses (all legendary stats):

Martial Knowledge x4 -
x2 933 Magicka
x3 177 Spell Damage
x4 177 Spell Damage
Worm Cult x2 -
x2 171 Spell Damage
Adroitness x2 -
x2 166 Spell Damage
Cyrodiil's Light Rings x2 -
x2 171 Spell Damage
Torugs Pact x2 -
x2 179 Spell Damage

My stats with a Magicka/Health food buff, Inner Light, Major Sorcery ON:

Dual Wield Bar 1(DPS Bar):
Health - 17,081
Magicka - 39,019
Spell Damage - 2,973 (3,097 w/minor sorcery)
Spell Crit - 42%
Magicka Regen - 785 (in combat)
Spell/Physical Resist - 13,606/3,715 (offset with Rune Focus)

Bar Set Up: Puncturing Sweeps (Spam Ability) / Blazing Spears / Radiant Oppression (execute/minor sorcery) / Structured Entropy (increased health) / Inner Light / Ice Comet

Duel Wield Bar 2 (Buff/Regen Bar):
Health - 15,839
Magicka - 37,750
Spell Damage - 2,973 (3,097 w/minor sorcery)
Spell Crit - 42%
Magicka Regen - 770 (in combat)
Spell/Physical Resist - 13,606/3,715 (offset with Rune Focus)

Bar Set Up: Extended Ritual (ulti gen) / Camouflage Hunter (extra dps) / Breath of Life (heal) / Rune Focus (regen) / Inner Light (magicka/crit) / Nova

(Edit Note: My Champion Points also have a lot to do with were my stats are at as well. So replicating this exact build is not going to be as effective with someone who has very few CP. However, this build will work with just about anyone with a little patience.)

Here is a link with this set in action while doing a Blood Spawn Test.
http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/199916/templar-dps-1-button-rotation/p1

This build has been slightly modified from what I had originally posted. For those using Dark Flare rotation... that is still viable, however I found this set up to be more effective. The Camo Hunter part is not really needed... if you stack (meaning you get the extended duration without having to reapply it... not the console version of stacking) it before a raid/dsa it just proves to be considered extra DPS as the damage is roughly the same as a Burning Light Proc. Honestly, if you are the designated healer I would stick with Dark Flare as that keeps you at range and out of any enemy AoE. This set up is recommended for those who are purely DPS'ing.

For the most part you'll see what I did in the video. In raids prior to going into my rotation, I will drop Rune Focus and Extend Ritual to build ulti through the fight as well as light attack weave between jabs. My sustain is pretty good considering the low regen with this build... but if you keep your potion up, long fights shouldn't be an issue.

For those that are more experienced with weaving... you are able to weave using this build without slowing down the rotation of your jabs. I did not demonstrate this in the video as it was a short fight and there was no need for ulti gen.

Feel free to ask me any questions! I know there are other builds out there, but this build is pretty simple and the gear is fairly easy to get.
Edited by rokrdt05 on October 21, 2015 11:01PM
Server: PC - North America - Daggerfall/Ebonheart

Guilds: Order of the Bear | From The Dust

Blaze | Sorcerer | DC | Former Empress
Ulterior Motive | Templar | DC
Detka's Tank | Dragon Knight | DC
Tëmpëst | Sorceror | EP | Former Emperor
Fíre | Nightblade | EP
'Fire| Nightblade | DC
Spëctrë | Templar | DC
Ashléy Olsén| Dragon Knight | EP
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Very concise and useful post of your build! I was listening to you guys talking it over in guild chat the last few and impressed :).
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    rokrdt05
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hah! I did forget something! Champion Points!

Not going to go into a whole lot of detail but... I have 30 points in the Apprentice Tree (1 Point Elfborn, 29 Points Spell Erosion) and the rest of my points into the Ritual Tree (Thaumaturge).

I split my points in everything else like Magicka Cost Reduction and Magicka Regen.

Sorry about that!

Fíre | Nightblade | EP
    'Fire| Nightblade | DC
    Spëctrë | Templar | DC
    Options
  • rokrdt05
    rokrdt05
    ✭✭✭✭
    Very concise and useful post of your build! I was listening to you guys talking it over in guild chat the last few and impressed :).

Thank you! I just hate listening to everyone complain that magicka templars can't DPS and I loved how I've proven a lot of people wrong using this build :smiley:

Fíre | Nightblade | EP
    'Fire| Nightblade | DC
    Spëctrë | Templar | DC
    Options
  • Addihul
    Addihul
    ✭✭✭
    Cool gotta play with the medium weave to see how that fares. If it's anything like the Wrecking Blow weave then it shouldn't be that hard to master.

Same deeps gear I use. Bars a bit different. Losing 100-200 deeps prolly cause my worm cult shoes are v5, so using head and gloves I think. Ditching the Torug staff in light of Masters is nice because the bonus dmg added beats the comparative sp dmg.

Kinda sad elfborn's tooltip if misleading and it only adds to the already buffed crit amount. 30 in elfborn is such a miniscule bonus and it sadly has to go to 1. Spell erosion after testing that extensively produces super low bonuses. 29 points in it yielded something like 100 extra damage per flare. It was weeks back but something like that. Sadness.

Keep pushin that line mate. Good stuff here.
    Pevara La'Roche - NA / DC - The Order of Mundus - http://orderofmundus.com
    Options
  • rokrdt05
    rokrdt05
    ✭✭✭✭
    Addihul wrote: »
    Cool gotta play with the medium weave to see how that fares. If it's anything like the Wrecking Blow weave then it shouldn't be that hard to master.

Same deeps gear I use. Bars a bit different. Losing 100-200 deeps prolly cause my worm cult shoes are v5, so using head and gloves I think. Ditching the Torug staff in light of Masters is nice because the bonus dmg added beats the comparative sp dmg.

Kinda sad elfborn's tooltip if misleading and it only adds to the already buffed crit amount. 30 in elfborn is such a miniscule bonus and it sadly has to go to 1. Spell erosion after testing that extensively produces super low bonuses. 29 points in it yielded something like 100 extra damage per flare. It was weeks back but something like that. Sadness.

Yeah, Spell Erosion is not scaling as I would have liked it. Once I get 100 points into Thaumaturge I will put 31 points into Spell Erosion and then 6 points Elfborn and then put 100 into Elemental Expert for my staff attacks. So I still have a ways to go, but it's working out so far lol.

Fíre | Nightblade | EP
    'Fire| Nightblade | DC
    Spëctrë | Templar | DC
    Options
  • Skwor
    Skwor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    rokrdt05 wrote: »

Thank you! I just hate listening to everyone complain that magicka templars can't DPS and I loved how I've proven a lot of people wrong using this build :smiley:

Take that build into PVP and get back to me.

Few if any have a problem in PVE, it is PVP that a Templar magicka build is a joke.

Also even in PVE compare a magicka Templar to ANY other class and they get outperformed. Not saying in PVE magicka Templars are not viable, just that they lag behind ALL the other classes
    Options
  • nicholasmccullinb14_ESO

There really isn't a need to weave either wrecking blow or dark flare. Since the empower buffs any next attack. Dark flare>Dark flare+20% is better than adding a weave. IMO at least. I've seen higher numbers from that. No dots, No buffs, just spell potion and dark flare until 40%. Then Radiant. If you find that medium weaving is better dps, let me know, but in my testing it isn't.
    Options
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Skwor wrote: »

Few if any have a problem in PVE, it is PVP that a Templar magicka build is a joke.

Also even in PVE compare a magicka Templar to ANY other class and they get outperformed. Not saying in PVE magicka Templars are not viable, just that they lag behind ALL the other classes

Sorry, but no goalpost changing allowed. This build is a response to what the OP said, which was complaints of magicka Templars not being good for PVE. Also, they are not outperformed, as illustrated in the OP. Most people complain of magicka Templars being bad as DPS in PVE, since in PVP they are widely known as incredible healers and ranged DPS/support amongst the top PVP'ers in the game.

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    rokrdt05
    ✭✭✭✭

Oh I wouldn't imagine taking this into PvP. I have not thought of a PvP build as of yet. But as to your last statement... I disagree. I consistently out perform many of my peers of other classes in DPS. The whole notion that magicka templars (in PvE at least) suck compared to other classes is just garbage. It's a matter of skill/gear/rotation honestly.

Fíre | Nightblade | EP
    'Fire| Nightblade | DC
    Spëctrë | Templar | DC
    Options
  • rokrdt05
    rokrdt05
    ✭✭✭✭

There really isn't a need to weave either wrecking blow or dark flare. Since the empower buffs any next attack. Dark flare>Dark flare+20% is better than adding a weave. IMO at least. I've seen higher numbers from that. No dots, No buffs, just spell potion and dark flare until 40%. Then Radiant. If you find that medium weaving is better dps, let me know, but in my testing it isn't.

In the testing that I've done Dark Flare spamming does less DPS than Dark Flare Medium weaving. Granted it's only by like 2K DPS but it's still less. It is hard rotation to keep up for sustained fights. For shorter fights like 60 seconds or less... I would just do the Dark Flare Spam... anything more you want to do the medium weaving... specially for ulti gen.

Fíre | Nightblade | EP
    'Fire| Nightblade | DC
    Spëctrë | Templar | DC
    Options
  • Skwor
    Skwor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Oh I wouldn't imagine taking this into PvP. I have not thought of a PvP build as of yet. But as to your last statement... I disagree. I consistently out perform many of my peers of other classes in DPS. The whole notion that magicka templars (in PvE at least) suck compared to other classes is just garbage. It's a matter of skill/gear/rotation honestly.

Or a matter of people who are poorly playing the other classes
    Options
  • Skwor
    Skwor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Sorry, but no goalpost changing allowed. This build is a response to what the OP said, which was complaints of magicka Templars not being good for PVE. Also, they are not outperformed, as illustrated in the OP. Most people complain of magicka Templars being bad as DPS in PVE, since in PVP they are widely known as incredible healers and ranged DPS/support amongst the top PVP'ers in the game.

Wrong most people complain about magicka templars being a joke in PVP. I have seen very few seriously complain about PVE templars, PVE is a joke as far as difficulty goes.
    Options
  • Skwor
    Skwor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Wrong most people complain about magicka templars being a joke in PVP. I have seen very few seriously complain about PVE templars, PVE is a joke as far as difficulty goes.

As far as healing in PVP they are not "incredible healers" they ar eok healers, what game are you playing? have you even bothered reading the templar thead about all the problems with the class? BoL is the biggest joke of a heal spell in the game. The skill has been parodied ad nauseam because of it supposed instant cast but in reality 1 second delay cast time.
    Options
  • rokrdt05
    rokrdt05
    ✭✭✭✭

Or a matter of people who are poorly playing the other classes

Again I would have to disagree. I play with many of the top tier players on the NA DC side and always have comparable DPS when I'm in that role specifically. Many templars do not even attempt to DPS as a magicka spec because they have no reason to believe they could other wise.

Fíre | Nightblade | EP
    'Fire| Nightblade | DC
    Spëctrë | Templar | DC
    Options
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

sounds like you've played with some bad templars lol
    #MOREORBS
    Options
  • rokrdt05
    rokrdt05
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »

sounds like you've played with some bad templars lol

This ^ :smiley:

Fíre | Nightblade | EP
    'Fire| Nightblade | DC
    Spëctrë | Templar | DC
    Options
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

As far as healing in PVP they are not "incredible healers" they ar eok healers, what game are you playing? have you even bothered reading the templar thead about all the problems with the class? BoL is the biggest joke of a heal spell in the game. The skill has been parodied ad nauseam because of it supposed instant cast but in reality 1 second delay cast time.

Wait a second... if Templars are "ok" healers, everyone else is "horrible" then. Who is a "good" healer, then? Templars remain by far the most versatile and powerful at healing to this day. Breath of Life and Ritual of Rebirth are incredible, though they do require more a slight amount more skill to use they also have a much larger payoff.

Zsymon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wait a second... if Templars are "ok" healers, everyone else is "horrible" then. Who is a "good" healer, then? Templars remain by far the most versatile and powerful at healing to this day. Breath of Life and Ritual of Rebirth are incredible, though they do require more a slight amount more skill to use they also have a much larger payoff.

The only good thing about Breath of Life, is that it requires no skill, it is extremely convenient. About Ritual of Rebirth, a 2 second cast time will get your group killed, no amount of player skill will make that ability cast any faster.
    Options
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Zsymon wrote: »

The only good thing about Breath of Life, is that it requires no skill, it is extremely convenient. About Ritual of Rebirth, a 2 second cast time will get your group killed, no amount of player skill will make that ability cast any faster.

Au contraire, sir. Breath of Life is actually, other than Ritual of Rebirth, the strongest heal in the game and extremely mana efficient. Ritual has a 1.7s cast time (which, if you played a templar or grouped with good ones, you would have known rather than citing the unmorphed skill's tooltip) and heals as strongly as Breath of Life (more on the caster due to the built in 30% amplifier) , while hitting six targets and can be pre-cast reliably for huge and mana efficient healing to land right as damage does in pve or pvp. Proactive play does require more skill, as previously mentioned. In Pvp, if you see a DK about to banner your group on a breach, you hit that button and sidestep a tad so it lands right as the DK is unloading. VDSA? The mobs follow patterns on their large damage hits. Trials? Manti stomp, or Serpent poison, or AA ground pound ring a bell? Same things apply game wide to instant and cast time skills. Just reacting to what you see already happening is what will get you killed much more than anything else =). Siege weapon pointing at your group and about to fire at a clump? Step out of the radius so you can hit the heal as soon as the circle appears while casting, and land it right after it hits a few people. Don't stand there leaning on your staff to try to look cool. ;)
    Edited by Attorneyatlawl on June 6, 2015 10:19PM

Blizaria
    Soul Shriven
    Fantastic build Fire! Thank you for putting this post together. I think as a whole the templar community is lacking in theory crafting leaders and you continue to be the best at it!

As a main healer, what I love most about this build is the synergy. The option to be able to swap between healing and dps is always daunting, especially in the face of magicka vs stamina builds that require full respecs. Also the fact that this build doesn't rely on destro abilities means that I don't lose utility when I need to pull out Crushing Shock or Pulsar. I will always hate the fact that Thaumaturge is in such an awful tree, but c'est la vie!
    Raid Leader of The Order of Mundus
    NA Top SO Score
    All trials HM and Speed Run Achievements

Guild Leader of Sabre Trading Company
    Belkarth Trading Guild
    Options
  • Slakk
    Slakk
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, I can also vouch for this being some fantastic writing.
    This magicka dps gear lineup has also been treating my sorc dps quite well, and it'll sate the hungriest spellpower stackers.
    Great writing overall, Fire B)
    Options
  • rokrdt05
    rokrdt05
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you! I hope this build helps many of the Templars who heal because they feel like they cannot keep up with any other classes in terms of dps.
    Slakk wrote: »
    Yep, I can also vouch for this being some fantastic writing.
    This magicka dps gear lineup has also been treating my sorc dps quite well, and it'll sate the hungriest spellpower stackers.
    Great writing overall, Fire B)

And I am using this for my sorc as well! It's amazing how adaptable this build is!

Fíre | Nightblade | EP
    'Fire| Nightblade | DC
    Spëctrë | Templar | DC
    Options
  • rokrdt05
    rokrdt05
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also, the whole discussion on Breath of Life is off topic to this particular post. :smiley:

Wouldn't mind hearing about other peoples builds that they have come up with though!

Fíre | Nightblade | EP
    'Fire| Nightblade | DC
    Spëctrë | Templar | DC
    Options
  • The_Tip
    The_Tip
    ✭✭✭
    might take some pointers from this build later on. Im only Vet 1 with Blue gear and my Spell Crit hit's @ 45% with mage light buff. Haven't put a ton of time into gearing up, just made my first set of gear after buying one around level 43. Ive always found the Templar, especially Magicka builds to be highly powerful and great DPS, even when people complained about changes for every patch, I'd sign on and not notice much of a difference in how I played it the month before.
    Options
  • Shaggygaming
    Shaggygaming
    ✭✭✭
    Nice guide. Good change of pace for those of us who usually heal on our Templars.
    Options
  • rokrdt05
    rokrdt05
    ✭✭✭✭
    Adonikam wrote: »
    Nice guide. Good change of pace for those of us who usually heal on our Templars.

Thank you! This was a main motivation of mine. Always hearing Templars could not dps or could not compare to other classes, when in fact they can.

Fíre | Nightblade | EP
    'Fire| Nightblade | DC
    Spëctrë | Templar | DC
    Options
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative

Thank you! This was a main motivation of mine. Always hearing Templars could not dps or could not compare to other classes, when in fact they can.

People that say Templars cant dps are wrong and on top of that they are idiots.
    Templar MasterClass :D

Do you have any DPS numbers on Trialbosses yet?
    Mantikora
    Serpent
    Mage
    Warrior
    Edited by Alcast on June 25, 2015 12:05PM
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

Options
  • rokrdt05
    rokrdt05
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »

Mantikora
    Serpent
    Mage
    Warrior

Templar is MasterClass :smiley:

I have parsed multiple times on these bosses with my Dark Flare Rotation. Unfortunately it was not anything that I have recorded. So I can tell you what I'm averaging and then the next time I run it I'll record to have it posted.

Mantikora - I'm averaging around 14K-16K during this fight (depends if I get pulled down blah blah blah)
    Serpent - I have not fully parsed on Serpent as my FTC is set to 10sec reset and we do HM Serpent not normal. Longest Parse I've gotten is 5Min at 14K.
    Mage - Mage for some reason (I'm guess it's her knock downs) I can't pull more than 12Kish
    Warrior - Easier fight than the Mage, I usually average at 16K.

Now, I've done some more testing and have started to see better numbers with puncturing sweeps rotation. I'm still messing around with it, but again will make sure to record my results. :smile:

Fíre | Nightblade | EP
    'Fire| Nightblade | DC
    Spëctrë | Templar | DC
    Options
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative

Mantikora
    Serpent
    Mage
    Warrior

I have parsed multiple times on these bosses with my Dark Flare Rotation. Unfortunately it was not anything that I have recorded. So I can tell you what I'm averaging and then the next time I run it I'll record to have it posted.

Mantikora - I'm averaging around 14K-16K during this fight (depends if I get pulled down blah blah blah)
    Serpent - I have not fully parsed on Serpent as my FTC is set to 10sec reset and we do HM Serpent not normal. Longest Parse I've gotten is 5Min at 14K.
    Mage - Mage for some reason (I'm guess it's her knock downs) I can't pull more than 12Kish

Now, I've done some more testing and have started to see better numbers with puncturing sweeps rotation. I'm still messing around with it, but again will make sure to record my results. :smile:

Btw, Dark Flare, it says it has a 1.1s cast time. Is this true? I heard it was bugged and it is still 1.3s like in pre1.6.

Because franky I do not get it, my Flares did 14knoncrit/21kcrits and yet i was not able to achiev more than 14k dps with only darkflare...

smth buggy there? But didnt test any further.

Aedric Spear passives compared to Dawns wrath are a burner. 10% Inc crit dmage(which is only 5% in real), Burning light proc...Dawns wrath only got crappy passives.
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

Options
  • rokrdt05
    rokrdt05
    ✭✭✭✭

Mantikora
    Serpent
    Mage
    Warrior

Btw, Dark Flare, it says it has a 1.1s cast time. Is this true? I heard it was bugged and it is still 1.3s like in pre1.6.

Because franky I do not get it, my Flares did 14knoncrit/21kcrits and yet i was not able to achiev more than 14k dps with only darkflare...

smth buggy there? But didnt test any further.

Aedric Spear passives compared to Dawns wrath are a burner. 10% Inc crit dmage(which is only 5% in real), Burning light proc...Dawns wrath only got crappy passives.

It certainly feels like 1.3s, but alas it is 1.1s it just has a very wonky animation. My non crits hit 15-16k, and my crits are 24k+. I imagine the difference being champ points.

I'm really starting to like Puncturing Sweeps over Dark Flare. Burning Light procs A LOT and if you stack Camouflage Hunter that also has a chance to proc for the same amount as a Burning Light proc. I did a Blood Spawn test with @nicholasmccullinb14_ESO and was able to pull 24K with just a Combat Prayer and no Aggressive War Horn, just using Puncturing Sweeps and Ice Comet. I'll have to come up with a rotation to keep the Minor Sorcery up from the Dawns Wrath Passive (thinking Vampires Bane).

I also do not use Entropy. I use Spell Power Pots since I have the alchemy passive that allows me to keep the buff full time. I also use Ice Comet for burst in damage. I build ultimate currently by throwing down Extended Ritual.

If you could master it... you could do a Destro Staff Heavy Weave with Dark Flare. The same way you would a Wrecking Blow Heavy Weave. It queues up the exact same way. The only thing with this is timing as you can easily cancel the weave as the timing is very finicky.

Fíre | Nightblade | EP
    'Fire| Nightblade | DC
    Spëctrë | Templar | DC
    Options