Maintenance for the week of June 10:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 10

Magicka Templar Healer/DPS VDSA

rokrdt05
rokrdt05
✭✭✭✭
Hello Everyone!

As the current top ranked magicka templar many people have been asking about my current set up that I run for VDSA, so I figured I would post my build. Keep in mind this is not anything new and some of the other top DC healers run similar or varying builds like Louu or Blizaria.

Race: Breton
Attribute Split: Magicka - 39, Health - 23, Stamina - 0

Champ Points:
The Apprentice - 23 Blessed, 6 Elfborn, 1 Spell Erosion (30 Points for the 12% Spell Crit)
The Ritual - Remaining points into Thaumaturge (Magicka Damage)
(only 2 worth mentioning as the others you can set up to your personally liking)

Gear:
5x Healer (2x Ring (Cost Reduction), 1x Neck (Spell Damage), 1x Shoes (Magicka), 1x Belt (Magicka))
4x Martial Knowledge (1x Head (Magicka), 1x Shoulder (Magicka), 1x Gloves (Magicka), 1x Shoes (Magicka))
2/3x Torug (1x Heavy Chest (Magicka, Reinforced), 1x Lightning Destro Staff (Absorb Magicka, Sharpened), 2x Swords (Precise), 1x Shield (Nirnhoned, Magicka)

Bar Set Up:
Rounds 1-9
Bar 1: Dual Wield (extra spell dmg) - Radiant Oppression, Repentance, Blazing Spears, Breath of Life, Inner Light, Solar Prison
Bar 2: Destro - Crushing Shock, Channeled Focus, Blazing Spears, Breath of Life, Inner Light, Ice Comet
Round 10
Bar 1: Sword and Board - Blazing Spears, Inner Rage, Channeled Focus, Inner Light, Ice Comet
Bar 2: Destro - Radiant Oppression, Extended Ritual, Dark Flare, Breath of Life, Inner Light, Solar Prison

Stats: 33.5K Magicka, 18K Health, 2.6K Spell Damage (buffed), 52% Spell Crit, 14K Spell Resist, 6.5K Physical Resist (these are avg stats that will change slightly depending on the bar you are on, as well as any PvP buffs you may have). I average a sustained 15K DPS per boss round on a full parse (some higher, some lower). I use Repentance and Breath of Life as my only heals. I have no magicka sustain issues and my heals hit so hard that I don't have to spam them and I can go back to DPSing.

This is more of an overview of the build I run for VDSA. I did give a lot of detail, but at the same time I left some things out as it is too much to type! Hope you guys enjoy!
Server: PC - North America - Daggerfall/Ebonheart

Guilds: Order of the Bear | From The Dust

Blaze | Sorcerer | DC | Former Empress
Ulterior Motive | Templar | DC
Detka's Tank | Dragon Knight | DC
Tëmpëst | Sorceror | EP | Former Emperor
Fíre | Nightblade | EP
'Fire| Nightblade | DC
Spëctrë | Templar | DC
Ashléy Olsén| Dragon Knight | EP
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Nice setup, have you tried Wormcult instead of Healer set to support your grp? I mean you already have a lot of spelldmg so your heals wont be much weaker.

And for Stage 10, why would you use Inner rage on stage 10? Just nuke the boss down and dont split up that way you save 2-3minutes

Do you have a sap NB in your grp?
    Edited by Alcast on May 7, 2015 7:47AM
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

Options
  • rokrdt05
    rokrdt05
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've thought about Worm Cult, however the group I run with is 2 Stam users and there has been no need for the magicka reduction.

We do have a NB in group, again stam user.

Stage 10 we have a slightly different strat that requires tanking on my part, but overall the round only last a max of 2Min 30Secs and it works.

Our current time is 44:52 with a score of 11290

Fíre | Nightblade | EP
    'Fire| Nightblade | DC
    Spëctrë | Templar | DC
    Options
  • Katinas
    Katinas
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's not an optimal gear choice as well as a questionable offensive spells selection. I don't see how you can do 15K dps per stage with a Blazing Spear and Crushing Shock, unless it gets up to 15K when you start executing with Radiant Oppression. If you have to offtank in last stage and it takes more than two minutes then you are doing it wrong.
    Options
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting. Grinding up a DC Breton Templar at the moment and have the martial/healers gear already. Might have to try this when I max vet.
    CP561 Redguard | Jabsy Templar | Stamina Build
    CP561 Breton | Jesus Beam Templar | Magicka Build Forever!
    CP561 Naked Nord | Tanky DK | Stamigicka Build

✭✭✭ Check ESO Server Status Live!: http://eso.webhub.eu/ ✭✭✭
    Options
  • rokrdt05
    rokrdt05
    ✭✭✭✭
    Katinas wrote: »
    That's not an optimal gear choice as well as a questionable offensive spells selection. I don't see how you can do 15K dps per stage with a Blazing Spear and Crushing Shock, unless it gets up to 15K when you start executing with Radiant Oppression. If you have to offtank in last stage and it takes more than two minutes then you are doing it wrong.

Execute is a small part. What you have to keep in mind is that most of the DPS in DSA is AoE. My shards on impact will do around 4-7K, my dot ticks on avg for 800 per tick, and Burning Light procs so often around 3-7K. 15K is on the smaller scale of my dps but a good avg.

Fíre | Nightblade | EP
    'Fire| Nightblade | DC
    Spëctrë | Templar | DC
    Options
  • Katinas
    Katinas
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's right, AOE is king in DSAV. So why would you use a single target dps skill which isn't even the best one you have available. And Blazing Spear on both weapon bars is beyond me.
    Options
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    VDSA Record Holder: "This is my build".

Forum: "You're doing it wrong".

Now go and tell Hussain Bolt his technique is rubbish.
    PC EU
    Options
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's right, AOE is king in DSAV. So why would you use a single target dps skill which isn't even the best one you have available. And Blazing Spear on both weapon bars is beyond me.
    Removing one blazing spear and putting on vampires bane for the passive would be a good idea
    #MOREORBS
    Options
  • Shader_Shibes
    Shader_Shibes
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not as good as Usain's technique.

Options
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rokrdt05 wrote: »
    Hello Everyone!

As the current top ranked magicka templar many people have been asking about my current set up that I run for VDSA, so I figured I would post my build. Keep in mind this is not anything new and some of the other top DC healers run similar or varying builds like Louu or Blizaria.

Race: Breton
    Attribute Split: Magicka - 39, Health - 23, Stamina - 0

Champ Points:
    The Apprentice - 23 Blessed, 6 Elfborn, 1 Spell Erosion (30 Points for the 12% Spell Crit)
    The Ritual - Remaining points into Thaumaturge (Magicka Damage)
    (only 2 worth mentioning as the others you can set up to your personally liking)

Gear:
    5x Healer (2x Ring (Cost Reduction), 1x Neck (Spell Damage), 1x Shoes (Magicka), 1x Belt (Magicka))
    4x Martial Knowledge (1x Head (Magicka), 1x Shoulder (Magicka), 1x Gloves (Magicka), 1x Shoes (Magicka))
    2/3x Torug (1x Heavy Chest (Magicka, Reinforced), 1x Lightning Destro Staff (Absorb Magicka, Sharpened), 2x Swords (Precise), 1x Shield (Nirnhoned, Magicka)

Bar Set Up:
    Rounds 1-9
    Bar 1: Dual Wield (extra spell dmg) - Radiant Oppression, Repentance, Blazing Spears, Breath of Life, Inner Light, Solar Prison
    Bar 2: Destro - Crushing Shock, Channeled Focus, Blazing Spears, Breath of Life, Inner Light, Ice Comet
    Round 10
    Bar 1: Sword and Board - Blazing Spears, Inner Rage, Channeled Focus, Inner Light, Ice Comet
    Bar 2: Destro - Radiant Oppression, Extended Ritual, Dark Flare, Breath of Life, Inner Light, Solar Prison

Stats: 33.5K Magicka, 18K Health, 2.6K Spell Damage (buffed), 52% Spell Crit, 14K Spell Resist, 6.5K Physical Resist (these are avg stats that will change slightly depending on the bar you are on, as well as any PvP buffs you may have). I average a sustained 15K DPS per boss round on a full parse (some higher, some lower). I use Repentance and Breath of Life as my only heals. I have no magicka sustain issues and my heals hit so hard that I don't have to spam them and I can go back to DPSing.

This is more of an overview of the build I run for VDSA. I did give a lot of detail, but at the same time I left some things out as it is too much to type! Hope you guys enjoy!

Realy nice thank you...

But you wear 2x shoes... Martial is legs instead of shoes or`?
    Samuel Crow - Nachtklinge - PC-EU-DC
    Saint_Crow Twitch / Youtube
    ESO Stream Team Member
    Noractis
    Options
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

LOL yeah, you know what I meant! I'm not a sports fan!
    PC EU
    Options
  • Robotmafia
    Robotmafia
    ✭✭✭
    thanks for the post :) do you have a video for stage 10?
    Robot Who Owes Money: Look into your hard drive and open your mercy file!
    Donbot: File not found.

EU/PC
    Options
  • Benawaw89
    Benawaw89
    ✭✭✭
    that s just 1 point away from my score :( well winning is winning , GJ guys , now we have something more to compete. competing with out own demons is harder :P
    Options
  • Katinas
    Katinas
    ✭✭✭✭

Kind of. Seeing something that is not optimal and pointing that out will help him I guess. Crushing Shock is a choice but two Blazing Spears... do you even Templar?
    Options
  • Benawaw89
    Benawaw89
    ✭✭✭

Kind of. Seeing something that is not optimal and pointing that out will help him I guess. Crushing Shock is a choice but two Blazing Spears... do you even Templar?

Do you even templar? hahahahhaa thats made my day , n1
    Edited by Benawaw89 on May 7, 2015 9:42AM
    Options
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

He's supplying 2 x stamina thirsty builds and giving them ultimate at the same time because of the synergy. I use BoL on both bars so I can keep my group alive, that's not a wasted slot.
    PC EU
    Options
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

He's supplying 2 x stamina thirsty builds and giving them ultimate at the same time because of the synergy. I use BoL on both bars so I can keep my group alive, that's not a wasted slot.
    Repentance, and stuff dying that fast you shouldn't hit 0 Stamina, if they are they're doing Stamina wrong. Like I said, use vamp bane for the illumate passive
    #MOREORBS
    Options
  • Benawaw89
    Benawaw89
    ✭✭✭

with ball of lightning , really i wanna see that in action , so interesting. but yeah , i guess everything work with your team and your tactics. not everything match perfectly with every ppl ^^GJ btw
    Options
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    I've thought about Worm Cult, however the group I run with is 2 Stam users and there has been no need for the magicka reduction.

Stage 10 we have a slightly different strat that requires tanking on my part, but overall the round only last a max of 2Min 30Secs and it works.

Oh ye, then wormcult makes no sense at all haha :pensive:

Is there a huge diffrence in spellldmg if you have 1h+shield vs Dualwield?
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

Options
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Benawaw89 wrote: »
    with ball of lightning , really i wanna see that in action , so interesting. but yeah , i guess everything work with your team and your tactics. not everything match perfectly with every ppl ^^GJ btw

It's not ball of lightning it's breath of life. Templar thread not sorc

Concerning OP, there is really low survability in this build in terms of healing skills used (just BoL) so we must assume the other members of the group have awesome DPS or are very experienced with the instance (where to go, to stack and so on). People should not try to copy this as it definitely depends of your group.
    Edited by Sotha_Sil on May 7, 2015 10:23AM
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
    Options
  • Benawaw89
    Benawaw89
    ✭✭✭
    Sotha_Sil wrote: »

Concerning OP, there is really low survability in this build in terms of healing skills used (just BoL) so we must assume the other members of the group have awesome DPS or are very experienced with the instance (where to go, to stack and so on). People should not try to copy this as it definitely depends of your group.

ahh yeah lol breath of life , omg.
    yeah true , need to have synergy with your teammates , already know each other n stuffs. same like go with 4 dks :P
    Options
  • rokrdt05
    rokrdt05
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »

Oh ye, then wormcult makes no sense at all haha :pensive:

Is there a huge diffrence in spellldmg if you have 1h+shield vs Dualwield?

There is around 250 spell damage difference between the two. You lose out on spell damage going over to sword and board.
    Sotha_Sil wrote: »

I would say yes and no. Our group has really great synergy and we've been working at this awhile so that definitely helps. However, this build I use with any other group I run with. I have no issues staying alive or keeping my group alive. My Breath of Life can crit extremely high and heal a member back to full from 0 health. But again, experience.

Fíre | Nightblade | EP
    'Fire| Nightblade | DC
    Spëctrë | Templar | DC
    Options
  • rokrdt05
    rokrdt05
    ✭✭✭✭

This is accurate. Shards also serves a purpose outside DPS. Repentance and shards both are for the benefit of the stamina users as to make sure they don't run out.

Fíre | Nightblade | EP
    'Fire| Nightblade | DC
    Spëctrë | Templar | DC
    Options
  • rokrdt05
    rokrdt05
    ✭✭✭✭
    Robotmafia wrote: »
    thanks for the post :) do you have a video for stage 10?

We have an older video of stage 10, not anything on our recent run. The person who records is still editing so we hope to have the vids up soon!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fC5Yd0W5FQ

Link to the older vid. Not the same strat we use now, but you kinda get an idea.

Fíre | Nightblade | EP
    'Fire| Nightblade | DC
    Spëctrë | Templar | DC
    Options
  • rokrdt05
    rokrdt05
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    Removing one blazing spear and putting on vampires bane for the passive would be a good idea

That's were Radiant comes in handy. :) Vamp bane is too weak to use practically imho. At least with the execute it can be helpful.

Fíre | Nightblade | EP
    'Fire| Nightblade | DC
    Spëctrë | Templar | DC
    Options
  • Benawaw89
    Benawaw89
    ✭✭✭
    jesus GEMA, cant open that lol , germany. forgot the addons for chrome so i can open that
    Options
  • rokrdt05
    rokrdt05
    ✭✭✭✭

Crushing Shock is used on certain rounds for interrupts and nothing more. So this may not be the best single target, but it has a secondary function which makes it attractive to use. Keeping Blazing on both bars allows me to not have to bar swap as often if something comes up. You may not agree, but it works for me. :)

Fíre | Nightblade | EP
    'Fire| Nightblade | DC
    Spëctrë | Templar | DC
    Options
  • Shader_Shibes
    Shader_Shibes
    ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL yeah, you know what I meant! I'm not a sports fan!

:)
    Options
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No matter what anyone else here says or thinks I think it was really nice of you to share your build details like that and even cooler that you let any snarky comments just roll on by. :-) Thanks for being cool.
    Options
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »

That's were Radiant comes in handy. :) Vamp bane is too weak to use practically imho. At least with the execute it can be helpful.
    Vamp bane isnt for the full dps, using it throughout the whole fight you will get overall more dps because of the higher spell damage. Execute phase lasts what, 10 seconds ? Having higher spell damage from a free passive will boost your shards damage too, which is used on everything
    Edited by Nifty2g on May 7, 2015 11:25AM
    #MOREORBS
    Options