Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ARMOR SLOTS BUGGED (BOUND WITHOUT DYE STATION)

BurtFreeman
BurtFreeman
✭✭✭
i like to explain what append to me:

1. i craft a new set for another player, improved and incanted.
2. i wear the items to see the how they look ( i never seen the dye station ).
3. at the mailing time the items are not avaible for attachment, becouse of bounded.

what the hell is this? just becose i put it in a slot they going to be bounded? this is crazyness.

could be easy to unbound the items for zenimax,
the dye station already have a clear function, so just unbound the item on that fuction.

ESO is great, but this staff really ruin the feeling of play a good game.

i hope there is a walk around, but i cannot see at this time.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...SET.

That's the problem. After you craft them, look at the tooltip. "Bind on Equip"
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, the bane of Crafting, you can make nice Crafted Set gear, but once you wear it, it's Bound. This has nothing to do with the Dye station.

However, they are inconsistent with this, as I can upgrade the Glyph on a piece of Jewelry with a Glyph I made and trade it or sell it or give it away even after I used it.
    Edited by Nestor on May 28, 2015 8:18PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• BurtFreeman
    BurtFreeman
    ✭✭✭
    ... i see,
    as i sayed this weird situation ruin the feeling of play a good game.

i don't know who decided the way it is, but is pretty silly that you can't give away your own staff, specially in a rpg, where you could role play what ever you like (merchant, weaponsmith,...)

after lot of fun eso is coming out with a big delusion this time.
  • BurtFreeman
    BurtFreeman
    ✭✭✭
    @ Nestor: seem it doesn't work with weapons and armours (upgrading with the gliph)
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can give away staff you crafted, but set items will be bound once you equip them. In my oppinion this is a good thing, otherwise most armour would becone worthless after a short while and the economy would collaps.
    Edited by lolo_01b16_ESO on May 28, 2015 8:38PM
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can give away staff you crafted, but set items will be bound once you equip them. In my oppinion this is a good thing, otherwise most armour would becone worthless after a short while and the economy would collaps.

This. Especially because it is so easy to come across a crafter in this game.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its annoying tho when you make a set for someone and when you go to attach it to the e-mail so you can mail it you equip it instead by mistake.....

Time to break it down and remake it!
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ Nestor: seem it doesn't work with weapons and armours (upgrading with the gliph)

On an item that is already bound or bindable, or just some regular White or Green stuff you picked up?

I have swapped out Armor and Weapon Glyphs before, but never paid attention to whether is was bound or not after doing so.

Edited by Nestor on May 28, 2015 10:21PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crafted set armor is clearly labeled as "Bind on Equip", and whatever the reason for it, the blame is really on you for not noticing it. If you made the mistake of wearing a set made for someone else after you spent expensive glyphs and lots of upgrade materials on it, I understand how much it sucks, I really do, but they are not going to fix it for you.
  • BurtFreeman
    BurtFreeman
    ✭✭✭
    i'm really sure that most of the gamers that put effort on crafting will like to see their creation going into money or as a gift to a friend other then raw materials after dec.

i don't understand the utility of spend over a year to mastering crafting if the best option you get is distroy your stuff after you wear it.

also keep in mind that not all the player are speaking english, so some tooltip that have a mening to you may be are missunderstood by other like me. could be better if an alert like this will be followed by a confirm.

thank you all for reply
  • Sidney
    Sidney
    ✭✭✭✭
    i'm really sure that most of the gamers that put effort on crafting will like to see their creation going into money or as a gift to a friend other then raw materials after dec.

i don't understand the utility of spend over a year to mastering crafting if the best option you get is distroy your stuff after you wear it.

also keep in mind that not all the player are speaking english, so some tooltip that have a mening to you may be are missunderstood by other like me. could be better if an alert like this will be followed by a confirm.

thank you all for reply
    I agree it needs a confirmation dialogue. I put in a suggestion in game for a confirmation popular a month or so ago. I recommend you do the same. I accidentally equipped a purple when I was trying to put it up in guild store. Shouldn't even have an equip option in guild store listing!

In the mean time if you would like to get an idea what the gear looks like use www.ESO-fashion.com not all the items are there but most are. I build custom mix and matched sets easily with that site =)

>.<_____/
    If you want me to read a post aimed at me, please put @Sidney.
    Please give us tail armor and dyeable tail ribbons.
    Click Here -->Support Dyeable Tail Ribbons<---
    All your mats r belong to Khajiit.
    Click Here -->Support Tail Armor<---