Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Immersive Crown Store: Player Response to ESO Live Answer

• Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    I'd argue that selling flaming ponies at every stable all around Tamriel is far more immersion-breaking than the crown store, but that's not my main concern. What's more important to me is that it would blur the distinction between in-game and real world money. You can put it in a separate tab, it doesn't matter, I still talk to an in-game merchant and see "give me your credit card please." I don't want it. I don't want to EVER be reminded about real money purchases when I'm playing.

Are you not reminded when you visit the crown store? If it were completely outside of the game, like WOW store, I'd understand, but it's in game already, while you play. Every time you open your inventory or map or journal, The Crown is there... calling to you, beaconing.

And the existence of the flaming horse is an issue in and of itself.

Edited by Gidorick on May 27, 2015 7:22PM
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • SlyFox1979
    SlyFox1979
    ✭✭
    while on the PS4 i looked at the crown store i really wished these things you could get from vendors or even quests
    Edited by SlyFox1979 on June 25, 2015 2:46PM
  • xtago
    xtago
    ✭✭
    I think this is a bad way to do the crown store.

No doubt you will start on the crown store items and people will stuff up and end up buying stuff they never wanted.

Also ZoS still haven't gotten the funding of crowns set up properly. I myself have still to get 9000 crowns. After 4 + months

How does all of that get sorted if people want refunds then have to show emails etc.

This only brings in lots of in game npc store bugs. When there was no need to start messing around with the npc stores.

An example would be gold items charging crowns etc.

It's better to have gold and crown items 100% split
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know @xtago, this is one of the few features that I've suggested that I will admit is more a "personal preference" than it is something that will improve the game.

I think it would be cool. It would improve my experience and I would be likely to buy more from the Crown Store if this type of mechanic is used.... BUT... it's not something that would make the overall experience better for everyone.

It's 100% fluff.... I still want it. :wink:
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!