The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[POLL]The main Templar heal "Rushed" Ceremony/BoL now has a cast time. Should it be renamed?

• pecheckler
    pecheckler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This change really screwed up my preferred templar tanking build.
    End the tedious inventory management game.
  • likewow777
    likewow777
    ✭✭✭
    Honor the Dead Teammates I couldn't Heal in Time
    I love all these options. Honestly, with my frustrations with the ZOS response on Templar bugs, I'd just call the skill "I'm Sorry, I Tried". It sums up everything.
    "War doesn't build character, it reveals it."
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    MCMancub wrote: »
    Cinbri wrote: »
    Ha!

on a side note, you can animation cancel this to make it INSTANT.

its not a true cast time, just a long animation.
    Well, try to do animation cancelling while lags(i.e. most of time). If you will try to do it - spell cancelled, not blockcasted. Thats why in lags i not using animation cancelling with BoL.

If you're lagging then it won't be cast instantly anyways...

Bad argument is bad argument.
    Well, seems you didnt even understand what i talked about. Go and try by yourself.
  • Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Healing Ritual II
    Hard decisions... They're all hilar... So thought I'd be first on this one. Maybe tooltip could say. "Just spam spell symmetry and logout"
    Edited by Sacadon on May 22, 2015 9:19PM
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    It should be called, of course, Prodigal Sorcerer.

2it1x6o.jpg
    signing off
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lethargic Ceremony
    Templars don't need a massive skill revamp. They didn't even need a Jesus Beam. They just need some of their core bread and butter abilities debugged and given a sanity check.
    Most of your points weren't bad, but in PvE we absolutely needed Radiant Destruction for magicka builds. If you construct your build properly you can go into a competitive trial group and hold your own now. Prior to Radiant Destruction, if you were in a trial as a magicka templar dps it was because people didn't want to be mean to you.

V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• jkemmery
    jkemmery
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Atreust wrote: »
    jkemmery wrote: »
    It should be named "Quit whining because Templars are ridiculously OP at the moment, yet we whine when we get a small nerf QQ"

Are you joking? Do you play PVP? Templars are the weakest class by far. I still hold my own through much more effort than it takes playing a sorc or NB. Ridiculously OP is a ridiculous claim. I'll give you that stamina temp dps is very competitive now in PVE, but all we're trying to do is get our bugged skills fixed, not buffed.

Also, amazing thread Yolokin, love the suggestions.
    To anyone telling me not to whine, you don't know who are are talking to. My main is a Sorcerer. I'm here advocating for my Templar brothers that have gotten the short end of the development stick ever since restoring spirit was nerfed early launch. I have a few templar alts but I rarely use them since 1.6. I would like to use my templar more often but...
    • The unfair cooldown on toppling charge just bugs me. Invasion has no such GCD. DK's can immediately start lava whipping after an invasion. Why cant these two skills be equal?
    • Eclipse/Power off the light bugs me. Why should I be locked out of using other abilities for crucial seconds after I used these?
    • Solar barrage never worked as intended. It seemed like it should buff another AoE attack but never did.
    • Dark flare has to leave the atmosphere and high five the moon before it hits someone. As a sorc, I know all I need to about slow moving projectiles a horse can outrun.
    • As other people have mentioned, biting jabs buffs the enemy by giving them full immunity for a mediocre stun/knockback.

I could use other abilities as a replacement but I want to play a spear throwing, light wielding templar. Templar is one of the few classes that you really could play a pure class build, with maybe one non-templar ability. These frustrating bugs prevent that amazing playstyle.

Templars don't need a massive skill revamp. They didn't even need a Jesus Beam. They just need some of their core bread and butter abilities debugged and given a sanity check.

Fortunately there is a 27 page thread with over 700 replies that pretty much lays out what needs to be done.

This "bug" vs "feature" doublespeak is not constructive and saps my desire to ever shake the mothballs off my templar.
    It should be named "Quit whining because Templars are ridiculously OP at the moment, yet we whine when we get a small nerf QQ"
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/171130/updated-poll-strongest-class-in-pvp#patent

Man, people take this stuff awfully seriously! The thread is humorous names to rename a "bugged" an/or "nerfed" skill. Lighten up a touch please. Templar is a great class, I have 2 actually, no none are Vet level. I enjoy playing them. I enjoy playing the game. I also enjoy posting on the forums sarcastic/humorous comments. But seriously, Templars are neither a poor class, nor OP. To "Atreust", do you really think you're working harder than the other classes? Have you played other classes at that level? Just wondering. Maybe, just maybe, everyone is working as hard as you.
  • Sharakor
    Sharakor
    ✭✭✭
    Breath of Lag
    What a joke, just another reason to *** off the few templars that have been waiting for an update. This is insulting.
  • Skwor
    Skwor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lethargic Ceremony

Are you joking? Do you play PVP? Templars are the weakest class by far. I still hold my own through much more effort than it takes playing a sorc or NB. Ridiculously OP is a ridiculous claim. I'll give you that stamina temp dps is very competitive now in PVE, but all we're trying to do is get our bugged skills fixed, not buffed.

To anyone telling me not to whine, you don't know who are are talking to. My main is a Sorcerer. I'm here advocating for my Templar brothers that have gotten the short end of the development stick ever since restoring spirit was nerfed early launch. I have a few templar alts but I rarely use them since 1.6. I would like to use my templar more often but...
    • The unfair cooldown on toppling charge just bugs me. Invasion has no such GCD. DK's can immediately start lava whipping after an invasion. Why cant these two skills be equal?
    • Eclipse/Power off the light bugs me. Why should I be locked out of using other abilities for crucial seconds after I used these?
    • Solar barrage never worked as intended. It seemed like it should buff another AoE attack but never did.
    • Dark flare has to leave the atmosphere and high five the moon before it hits someone. As a sorc, I know all I need to about slow moving projectiles a horse can outrun.
    • As other people have mentioned, biting jabs buffs the enemy by giving them full immunity for a mediocre stun/knockback.

I could use other abilities as a replacement but I want to play a spear throwing, light wielding templar. Templar is one of the few classes that you really could play a pure class build, with maybe one non-templar ability. These frustrating bugs prevent that amazing playstyle.

Fortunately there is a 27 page thread with over 700 replies that pretty much lays out what needs to be done.

This "bug" vs "feature" doublespeak is not constructive and saps my desire to ever shake the mothballs off my templar.
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/171130/updated-poll-strongest-class-in-pvp#patent

Man, people take this stuff awfully seriously! The thread is humorous names to rename a "bugged" an/or "nerfed" skill. Lighten up a touch please. Templar is a great class, I have 2 actually, no none are Vet level. I enjoy playing them. I enjoy playing the game. I also enjoy posting on the forums sarcastic/humorous comments. But seriously, Templars are neither a poor class, nor OP. To "Atreust", do you really think you're working harder than the other classes? Have you played other classes at that level? Just wondering. Maybe, just maybe, everyone is working as hard as you.

Just stop already, you have no idea what you are talking about, playing a Templar to level 21 with no classes at VR level pretty much disqualifies any opinion you have on class play and content. Coming here telling those of us who have played the class since beta and have been VR 14 for almost the entire time the game has been out, are high ranked PVP players and have FINISHED all PVE solo and most group content is insulting and trolling. You have no clue about such things above your current level and content you have finished.
  • jkemmery
    jkemmery
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Skwor wrote: »

Just stop already, you have no idea what you are talking about, playing a Templar to level 21 with no classes at VR level pretty much disqualifies any opinion you have on class play and content. Coming here telling those of us who have played the class since beta and have been VR 14 for almost the entire time the game has been out, are high ranked PVP players and have FINISHED all PVE solo and most group content is insulting and trolling. You have no clue about such things above your current level and content you have finished.

I have a VR6 DK, since it seems you have gone and read through some of my other posts, I figured you missed that so I would catch you up. I have also been playing since beta. I can't play 16 hours per day due to the other things I have going on in my life ... and I don't think the fact that I don't have a VR14 char in any way disqualifies my opinion, moreover, as I have stated before ... lighten up; it was meant as a joke. :)
  • Skwor
    Skwor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lethargic Ceremony

I have a VR6 DK, since it seems you have gone and read through some of my other posts, I figured you missed that so I would catch you up. I have also been playing since beta. I can't play 16 hours per day due to the other things I have going on in my life ... and I don't think the fact that I don't have a VR14 char in any way disqualifies my opinion, moreover, as I have stated before ... lighten up; it was meant as a joke. :)

Yes it does disqualify your opinion, you have listed builds that are insanely weak and claim you can own with them, you have not played high end and yet make claims on class abilities when you have not even had the chance to use many of those abilities, this is the mark of a foolish person to speak of things you have not experience or knowledge of.

You claim to extrapolate as if you have some kind of unique insight only to show your ignorance, I encourage dialogue of all kinds but honestly you are better served holding your tongue on subjects you know nothing about.

Those of us with the experience and knowledge are trying to improve the class, you are only muddying the waters and working through your ignorance of the issues to keep this class broken.
  • jkemmery
    jkemmery
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other

Yes it does disqualify your opinion, you have listed builds that are insanely weak and claim you can own with them, you have not played high end and yet make claims on class abilities when you have not even had the chance to use many of those abilities, this is the mark of a foolish person to speak of things you have not experience or knowledge of.

You claim to extrapolate as if you have some kind of unique insight only to show your ignorance, I encourage dialogue of all kinds but honestly you are better served holding your tongue on subjects you know nothing about.

Those of us with the experience and knowledge are trying to improve the class, you are only muddying the waters and working through your ignorance of the issues to keep this class broken.

OK man, first of all, before this gets even more personal, I"m going to stop. Second of all, you don't know me, so don't make assumptions about me. I'm done.
  • SeptimusDova
    SeptimusDova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People do not feed into the distractions.

Bol

Better than Living..
  • glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭
    Healing Ritual II
    If only you would play a vet 11+ Templar, you would change your tune in a heartbeat.

Templar is imbalanced such that they are from 1-50 crazy OP and horribly weak in Craglorn and vet PvP.
  • glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭
    Healing Ritual II
    He only sees one small side of the Templar, the part that isn't busted.
  • jkemmery
    jkemmery
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    glak wrote: »
    If only you would play a vet 11+ Templar, you would change your tune in a heartbeat.

Templar is imbalanced such that they are from 1-50 crazy OP and horribly weak in Craglorn and vet PvP.

Well how does this guy do it then? Seriously? This doesn't look like a weak character. I'm asking in all seriousness.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/166406/hellseesyou-pvp-magicka-templar-gameplay/p1
  • Skwor
    Skwor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lethargic Ceremony

Well how does this guy do it then? Seriously? This doesn't look like a weak character. I'm asking in all seriousness.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/166406/hellseesyou-pvp-magicka-templar-gameplay/p1

Actually watch those videos, of note I saw where he listed a 1v1 yet it is obvious another player is helping him who shows the team icon above his head, he "helper" keeps going in and out of stealth... sorry not impressed and not what you think is being shown.

Also I LoL watching a sorc not break eclipse and cast inside continuously, sorry but that is a very poor player who does that, nothing impressive about beating such a player. I saw more proof that a Templar is only effective against L2P players in those videos as opposed to any support for a Templar being balanced, if anything those videos make a case for fixing Templars like many are asking for on these forums.
  • jkemmery
    jkemmery
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other

Actually watch those videos, of note I saw where he listed a 1v1 yet it is obvious another player is helping him who shows the team icon above his head, he "helper" keeps going in and out of stealth... sorry not impressed and not what you think is being shown.

Also I LoL watching a sorc not break eclipse and cast inside continuously, sorry but that is a very poor player who does that, nothing impressive about beating such a player. I saw more proof that a Templar is only effective against L2P players in those videos as opposed to any support for a Templar being balanced, if anything those videos make a case for fixing Templars like many are asking for on these forums.

I don 't see any icon above the main players head.

But yes, I agree, these videos show just how broken Templar is. Hold your breath while ZOS fixes the class for you.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Botched Ceremony
    Deome wrote: »
    Of all the things about this to poll, I find insulting names the least helpful way to address it.

Here's something that would be useful: Update the tooltip to reflect the cast time. Until now, I never saw it. If I'm going to be dealing with cast times while healing, I might as well use Healing Ritual instead of some laggy (without correct tooltips, it looks like lag, not a feature) heal. At least that fires off in a time span I can anticipate.

We tried polite feedback, bug reports, reasoned comparisons, etc. It's time for insulting names.
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    "Proof that ZOS will always do dumb mechanics changes because of whotheeefknows ceremony".(Certainly not ZOS)
    and close second
    "Glad I don't really have to pay for this crap ceremony"
    then just because I am an immature dirtbag
    "Breath of Fart"
    Edited by PBpsy on May 23, 2015 10:00PM
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • Skwor
    Skwor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lethargic Ceremony

But yes, I agree, these videos show just how broken Templar is. Hold your breath while ZOS fixes the class for you.

Please see the "bolded" part above it explains much about your postings.
    The videos are entertaining, that you cannot see poor play techniques (serious what player is dumb enough to let eclipse last and actually cast against it before they break it O.o) in them is indeed telling.
    Edited by Skwor on May 23, 2015 10:14PM
  • jkemmery
    jkemmery
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other

Please see the "bolded" part above it explains much about your postings.
    The videos are entertaining, that you cannot see poor play techniques (serious what player is dumb enough to let eclipse last and actually cast against it before they break it O.o) in them is indeed telling.

That's enough of that. You get put on ignore. Have a nice life.
  • GhostwalkerLD
    GhostwalkerLD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Breath of Lag
    jkemmery is a troll, and not a very good one. He's posted in every templar thread trying to insist that templars are omg so OP and there's nothing wrong, omg gaiz stop whining! etc. etc. etc....

Yet he's already admitted he only has a level 21 templar (if THAT is even true...) and that his only VR toon is a DK. He probably just got killed by RD and is now on his own little crusade to try and get it nerfed, or at least derail these legitimate threads with his BS in an attempt to get them sunk or locked.

Please, do not feed the troll.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • jkemmery
    jkemmery
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    jkemmery is a troll, and not a very good one. He's posted in every templar thread trying to insist that templars are omg so OP and there's nothing wrong, omg gaiz stop whining! etc. etc. etc....

Yet he's already admitted he only has a level 21 templar (if THAT is even true...) and that his only VR toon is a DK. He probably just got killed by RD and is now on his own little crusade to try and get it nerfed, or at least derail these legitimate threads with his BS in an attempt to get them sunk or locked.

I'm not against Templars at all.I enjoy playing my Templar. I think it's a great class. Whiny people make my head explode though, and the only people whining on about how their class is "broken" seem to be people playing Templars. If players who played Sorcs or DKs or NBs were whining, I'd be telling them the exact same thing: face the effen challenges of the game like a big boy/girl and get on with it.
    Edited by jkemmery on May 23, 2015 10:37PM
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other

I'm not against Templars at all.I enjoy playing my Templar. I think it's a great class. Whiny people make my head explode though, and the only people whining on about how their class is "broken" seem to be people playing Templars. If players who played Sorcs or DKs or NBs were whining, I'd be telling them the exact same thing: face the effen challenges of the game like a big boy/girl and get on with it.
    And who made you the whine patrol I wander?

ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
  • jkemmery
    jkemmery
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    PBpsy wrote: »

I wonder if you wandered in to that thought all by yourself :)
  • Vynist
    Vynist
    ✭✭✭
    Gabe Newell from Valve: "Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet - because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity."

http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/1g8lqv/gabe_newell_one_of_the_things_we_learned_pretty/
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other

Yah.Troll detected and a punny one at that.
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
  • jkemmery
    jkemmery
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other

I plead guilty to the later, not the former. I'm the one who gave that post an awesome, btw.
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other

I plead guilty to the later, not the former. I'm the one who gave that post an awesome, btw.
    Does the later come before that former or the other way around. I gave you an insightful because I am (generaly)confused.

Edited by PBpsy on May 23, 2015 10:52PM
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater