The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Chillrend Blues

• Akrasjel
    Akrasjel
    ✭✭✭✭
    JDar wrote: »
    Why did you leave us?

We will find you and follow you wherever you go

</3

--AD

Maby you are no fun
    [PC][EU][Daggerfall Covenant]
    Akrasjel Lanate - Imperial Nightblade | 50 | CP900+
    Born: 2E 551

Member of: | Traders of the Covenant | Hammerfell Trading | Imperial Trading Company |
    Houses: Strident Springs Demesne,

• JDar
    JDar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe your mama
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chillrend is the only competitive campaign at the moment. Azura's and TB are AD buff servers, Had is for emp flipping. If you are looking for competitive PVP that's where it is at, if you are going somewhere else to try and find an easy fight be ready to face zergs defending their PVE buffs.
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • Xexpo
    Xexpo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chillrend is the only competitive campaign at the moment. Azura's and TB are AD buff servers, Had is for emp flipping. If you are looking for competitive PVP that's where it is at, if you are going somewhere else to try and find an easy fight be ready to face zergs defending their PVE buffs.

Chillrend is a laggy zergballin' waste of time.
    If you do go there, be prepared to be 20v1'd by the zerg-we're-not-a-zerg-zerg no matter which Alliance you play for.
    and Yes the zerg's are even worse on the current buff servers.
    Blackwater has now also turned into a zerg fest.
    It's zergpalooza out in cyro

I thought buff servers were going away? :trollface:
    I thought ZoS was giving us incentive to not roll 500 people out to one place on the map? :s
    Kiki Dickson ~~~ Dixmanian Devil ~~~ Cornelius Buckshank Jr.
    Histy-Fitz ~~~ Boozemer ~~~ Chace X'expo
    Lluvia De'Fuego ~~~ Shakes Spear
    Macro and Cheese NA/PC
  • manny254
    manny254
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kaer426 wrote: »

If you do go there, be prepared to be 20v1'd by the zerg-we're-not-a-zerg-zerg no matter which Alliance you play for.

I thought ZoS was giving us incentive to not roll 500 people out to one place on the map? :s
    TB is a more complex issue then just saying it is a buff server.

On TB what faction attempts to cap while others sleep? Ep
    What faction has more players on TB near primetime? Ep

Essentially I stopped a group of pvdoor heroes, and the rest of the ep that inhabited it earlier this week will not come without having the whole map.

If you are wondering about the level of player I am talking about look at the thread fluffy made. http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/173705/why-ep-wins-comprehensive-video#latest

Luckily they where not in there normal 20+ man group. I woke up in time to stop them, but they are true pests. Something you can't tell in his video is that half of them are magicka nbs that just hide and rez each other. You kill one and two will rez. When there are 20 of them and you are fighting them with only a few ppl it is a nuisance. In one fight where it was just me and one other person I swear they used 100+ soul gems. Even with a bunch of ad showing up at the end to leech we got a 7k tick.

I made attempts to let dc get there home keeps, but apparently there where people in dc zone chat that called me a cheater. Then harassed the person trying to get dc together to become a force.

According to them I got 1 mil ap at reset or something like that. Yet ZERGBAD was the first person crowned on the server, and the first night I ended with about 250K-300k ish if memory serves. Then when I got crowned I had about 450k. Then I got half a mil the first day as emp before Ep left. That night the pvdoor crew dethroned me while I slept, and when I got it back I got another half a mil that day.
    Edited by manny254 on June 6, 2015 4:24PM
    - Mojican
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    manny254 wrote: »

Essentially I stopped a group of pvdoor heroes, and the rest of the ep that inhabited it earlier this week will not come without having the whole map.

If you are wondering about the level of player I am talking about look at the thready fluffy made. http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/173705/why-ep-wins-comprehensive-video#latest

Luckily they where not in there normal 20+ man group. I woke up in time to stop them, but they are true pests. Something you can't tell in his video is that half of them are magicka nbs that just hide and rez each other. You kill one and two will rez. When there are 20 of them and you are fighting them with only a few ppl it is a nuisance. In one fight where it was just me and one other person I swear they used 100+ soul gems. Even with a bunch of ad showing up at the end to leech we got a 7k tick.

I made attempts to let dc get there home keeps, but apparently there where people in dc zone chat that called me a cheater. Then harassed the person trying to get dc together to become a force.

According to them I got 1 mil ap at reset or something like that. Yet ZERGBAD was the first person crowned on the server, and the first night I ended with about 250K-300k ish if memory serves. Then when I got crowned I had about 450k. Then I got half a mil the first day as emp before Ep left. That night the pvdoor crew dethroned me while I slept, and when I got it back I got another half a mil that day.

Screaming like banshees at me in zone that you're a cheater. Berating me there is no honor in working with the enemy. Blah blah blah. It's.a.video.game. And you know who you are who pulled that crap last night. You cost us nearly the entire map because of the drama you and a K name erupted in zone. Smh.

More dc could come to TB. Clearly the ones there would rather lose than use AvAvA tactics. Together a couple small guilds could re-energize that campaign. But for the love of the gods please don't infect that newly recovered map with the Zerg transmitted disease known as LAG.
    Edited by God_flakes on June 6, 2015 4:04PM
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the main reason Blackwater Blade is more well-rounded is simply this: More DC play there. It often has the three-faction contention for which the game was designed.

As game mechanics and lag apply to everyone, I now suspect that the abandoned campaigns are mostly a matter of where the small core of leaders, opinion leaders and influencers have moved their guilds. If a ten or twenty people change their minds, and it's the right twenty people, campaign balance or imbalance follows.

I like Blackwater Blade. But I don't think it's some magic kingdom with a better ruleset, such that replicating it would improve PvP balance overall.
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

• Ffastyl
    Ffastyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    God_flakes wrote: »
    Screaming like banshees at me in zone that you're a cheater. Berating me there is no honor in working with the enemy. Blah blah blah. It's.a.video.game. And you know who you are who pulled that crap last night. You cost us nearly the entire map because of the drama you and a K name erupted in zone. Smh.

That K name has been harassed by EP players via whisper due to his constant presence on Thornblade. He delved into some of the claims (i.e. "I am always watching you") and found some dirty play he cannot unsee. Spies, exploits, and botting; some of which I have witnessed on my time in Thornblade. This K name is paranoid because of all that, unable to trust something he does not fully understand or trust already. Any massive AP gains on what is normally a dead campaign is one such thing he cannot understand.

This doesn't excuse his actions, but I hope you can see where K name comes from.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

PC NA
    Daggerfall Covenant

Ffastyl - Level 50 Templar
    Arturus Amitis - Level 50 Nightblade
    Sulac the Wanderer - Level 50 Dragonknight
    Arcturus Leland - Level 50 Sorcerer
    Azrog rus-Oliphet - Level 50 Templar
    Tienc - Level 50 Warden
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Ashen Willow Knight - Level 50 Templar
    Champion Rank 938

Check out:
    Old vs New Intro Cinematics

"My strength is that I have no weaknesses. My weakness is that I have no strengths."
    Member since May 4th, 2014.
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can. But when I tried to reason with him he was unreasonable in the extreme. I can understand paranoia. But, that said, it won't change the cheaters and exploiters. So my resolution has been to not give them the satisfaction of ruling my game play. I play my game as though they're not cheating if only to preserve my sanity and maintain my level of fun in a game that is supposed to be FUN. Sure I had the ad emp in my Ts. He's a NICE guy. We had some laughs. This is a social game! You're supposed to be able to be social. Even with the enemy. If we can't do this-there is no hope for us as the ESO community. I'm not saying to betray your own faction or sacrifice your honor. I am saying form friendships and alliances. There is nothing wrong with that.
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you are wondering about the level of player I am talking about look at the thread fluffy made. http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/173705/why-ep-wins-comprehensive-video#latest

It really is just an AD buff server. No EP guilds of note go there for any reason. Personally I don't care that it stays that way other than the problem that it pushes more PVE buff seekers to Chillrend where they can get an emp buff, but hopefully they won't queue into the campaign and slow it down.

I mostly think of TB now as the place AD go to when they wipe once on chillrend, hoping to find some easy kills.

Also DC likely has to focus on one server at this point, and whatever server that is, everyone who thinks of their guild as PVP competitive will go there to fight. It doesn't have to be Chillrend, it can be whatever server they choose, but they need to focus and more importantly take the time to raise up the quality of their players some from their current state.
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I agree with you on Chill but not BB. Zerg means two different things on those campaigns. On Chill you have a train of players spamming abilities, including ironically proximity detonation, and mowing down pugs.

On BB it means you have 100+ players, sometimes all three factions, fighting a massive battle in one place, with refreshingly very little to no lag. It's the kind of PvP Cyrodill was meant to have. And you can still have smaller scale battles if you work the outskirts of these large battles, particularly in the path of reinforcements as they trickle in.
    Edited by driosketch on June 6, 2015 6:26PM
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • manny254
    manny254
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It really is just an AD buff server. No EP guilds of note go there for any reason. Personally I don't care that it stays that way other than the problem that it pushes more PVE buff seekers to Chillrend where they can get an emp buff, but hopefully they won't queue into the campaign and slow it down.

I mostly think of TB now as the place AD go to when they wipe once on chillrend, hoping to find some easy kills.

Also DC likely has to focus on one server at this point, and whatever server that is, everyone who thinks of their guild as PVP competitive will go there to fight. It doesn't have to be Chillrend, it can be whatever server they choose, but they need to focus and more importantly take the time to raise up the quality of their players some from their current state.

I just don't understand. From reading these forums some of the chief complaints about Azuras is population imbalance. I have read many people talk about having a zerg show up to defend their buffs. While some people will show up on TB nothing resembling a true zerg will show up. AD doesn't want it as a buff server, but it seems everyone just wants to abandon it.
    - Mojican