Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO+ Broken? A Budget-Friendly & Community Focused Fix!

c.p.garrett1993_ESO
"Why is ESO+ broken?"

Before continuing allow me to outline the current subscription model:
  • 1,500 Monthly Crowns
  • Full DLC Access (Active Subscription Required)
  • 10% Bonus Character Progression

This is only beneficial to those who either regularly purchase crowns or to players a year or two from now who will find it more cost effective to spend $15 a month instead of $100+ all at once. Many players may not be interested in the crown store and it does not make any sense to have a subscription model that will not be beneficial until an unspecified time in the future. The 10% bonus is negligible at best.

In response to many of the various topics on the subject I have created a model that incorporates every major suggestion I have seen. On top of that I have arranged it in multiple tiers to make it budget-friendly and enticing. This would draw more customers in and increase the revenue of the game.
In turn, more money coming in means more time and resources for development. Essentially being a win-win for both ZOS and the community.

The model is not perfect. I am not an expert. The idea is to create a sample, adjusted with YOUR feedback, that ZOS can review.
Were it to be recognized, accepted, and implemented it would likely look very different from what I am including below. Please be sure to judge this as a concept and not as a legitimate product. The model is only here to let ZOS know what we want out of our subscriptions.

ESO + Bronze Membership - $4.99 (USD):
The most basic membership. Perks are a simple, but useful, way of "Thank you!" for supporting the game.
  • 375 Crowns/ Monthly
  • Remove Advertisements
  • PvP Queue Priority
Edit:
- Increased crowns from 50% to 75%.
- Removed loyalty bonuses.
- Removed DLC Access.
- Added PvP Queue Priority

ESO + Silver Membership - $9.99 (USD):
Silver membership is intended to be standard membership. Intended to be the basics.
  1. 750 Crowns/ Monthly
  2. Remove Advertisements
  3. PvP Queue Priority (Example: Cyrodiil)
  4. 10% Character Bonus (Progression/ Gold/ Materials)
  5. DLC Access (Active Membership of 3+ Months Required/ 3+ Month Purchase)
Edit:
- Increased Crowns from 50% to 75%.
- Changed "High Priority" to "PvP Queue Priority" as was initially intended.
- Removed loyalty bonuses.

ESO + Gold Membership - $14.99 USD:
Gold members are current subscribers and is intended to cover many of the common requests I see at the cost of 500 Crowns.
  1. 1,250 Crowns/ Monthly
  2. Remove Advertisements
  3. PvP Queue Priority (Example: Cyrodiil)
  4. 15% Character Bonus (Progression/ Gold/ Materials)
  5. DLC Access (Active Membership Required)
  6. 10% Crown Store Discount (?)
  7. Exclusive Forum (Discuss Crown Shop updates?)
Edit:
- Increased crowns from 2/3 to approximately 83.3%. Alternative was 1125 Crowns (75%).
- Removed Loyalty Bonuses.
- Added 10% Crown Store Discount.
- Added "Exclusive Forum" access.

ESO + Platinum - $19.99 (USD):
Designed for those who favor the crown store, fewer in-game perks.
  • 1,750 Crowns/ Month
  • Remove Advertisements
  • PvP Queue Priority (Example: Cyrodiil)
  • 15% Character Bonus (Progression/ Gold/ Materials)
  • DLC Access (Active Membership Required)
  • 20% Crown Shop Discount
  • Exclusive Forum (Discuss Crown Shop updates?)
Edit:
- Decreased crowns from 100% to approximately 87.5%. This puts it more in line with the other tiers at only a slight bonus.
- Removed Loyalty Bonuses
- Reduced 20% Character Progression bonus to 15%.
- Set Crown Shop Discount to 20%.

Edit: Removed previous closing and outlined the concept in the introduction. Changed topic title.
Edited by c.p.garrett1993_ESO on May 2, 2015 8:19PM
  • PKMN12
    PKMN12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just going to say simply, not going to happen.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think options are always welcomed but where you're trying to add benefits or options that don't exist in the current ESO plus you're going to create confusion.

I think the idea of different prices and dropping off benefits as the price is reduced it sounds feasible but in business usually companies go with a K.I.S.S. Acronym for the customers and employees.

1 ESO plus (as it is today)
    2 ESO value (pick 1 or 2 ) from the current plan and price varies

That's prob about all that would be good to see
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think options are always welcomed but where you're trying to add benefits or options that don't exist in the current ESO plus you're going to create confusion.

I think the idea of different prices and dropping off benefits as the price is reduced it sounds feasible but in business usually companies go with a K.I.S.S. Acronym for the customers and employees.

1 ESO plus (as it is today)
    2 ESO value (pick 1 or 2 ) from the current plan and price varies

That's prob about all that would be good to see

Agreed.
  • c.p.garrett1993_ESO
    @NewBlacksmurf & @nastuug
    The idea is to include many of the requested features that people have been requesting.
    The amount of topics requesting the subscription model to be changed shows the current features are not enough. Especially since they only cater to those interested in the crown shop.

However, I really like the idea of a pick & choose option. Each option could have a designated price and you could customize your subscription to get what you want. Nothing more, nothing less.

Edit: Added to original post and added @nastuug.
    Edited by c.p.garrett1993_ESO on April 30, 2015 6:23PM
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love it people need to remember zos is in it for the money and i tell ya as a console player i would definitely do the 20 dollar sub.
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think the current subscription model will be sufficient and all that is needed when we finally get the DLC included in it. No need to over complicate subscriptions with four different tiers in the meantime. Also, the crowns were intended to replace the loyalty reward program - subscribers get to pick their loyalty rewards with the crown allotment. I really see no need to ask ZOS to introduce a whole new bloated subscription and reward system while they are working on console release and the subsequent DLC releases.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • c.p.garrett1993_ESO
    @Heromofo
    Not sure if sarcasm or...?

@Slurg
    I agree. If there was actually content being added than it would be fine.
    There is not. There has not and will not be anything added for months.
    Current subscribers are paying for nothing. Subscribers are upset and cancelling.
    The entire concept behind this is that people are upset and demanding action be taken, there are multiple other topics on the matter coming up on almost a daily basis. The current model is a failure.

By the time any DLC is actually added a current subscriber will probably have enough crowns to buy it three times over. Meanwhile, I could buy it at retail value and spend considerably less and all I'd be missing is a 10% bonus.
    Does that seem fair to you? Your loyalty is worth a 10% bonus. One I can probably buy on the store for half the price in a matter of a few months.
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Heromofo

@Slurg
    Current subscribers are paying for nothing. Subscribers are upset and cancelling.
    The entire concept behind this is that people are upset and demanding action be taken, there are multiple other topics on the matter coming up on almost a daily basis. The current model is a failure.

By the time any DLC is actually added a current subscriber will probably have enough crowns to buy it three times over. Meanwhile, I could buy it at retail value and spend considerably less and all I'd be missing is a 10% bonus.
    Does that seem fair to you? Your loyalty is worth a 10% bonus. One I can probably buy on the store for half the price in a matter of a few months.

Huh no i srsly would for the benefits and i love this idea alot and i reckon the tiered subscription will work well for us console users.
  • c.p.garrett1993_ESO
    @Heromofo
    I plan on playing on console (PS4) myself.
    That's why I want to see a change. I want to be a subscriber. I really do.
    However, they don't get anything more than a 10% bonus. By the time DLC is released subscribers will be able to buy it three times over with excess crowns.
    Non-subscribers will be able to get it at retail price and spend considerably less.

• Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why don't we start by asking them to give us a justifiable reason to subscribe. PERIOD.

Like I don't know.. anything? PvP Queue priority? Something?

Right now all you really get is an XP boost. That's because you can buy crowns at the same rate as the sub, and there's no DLC to "rent" and probably won't be any for 6 months.
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Heromofo
    I plan on playing on console (PS4) myself.
    That's why I want to see a change. I want to be a subscriber. I really do.
    However, they don't get anything more than a 10% bonus. By the time DLC is released subscribers will be able to buy it three times over with excess crowns.
    Non-subscribers will be able to get it at retail price and spend considerably less.

Yar same here as i pointed out in the other thread if they put this in.
    I can say between my mates and i thats 180 dollars a month at 20 a pop.
    But atm no way I'm better off just playing for free and buying the dlc i want.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem I see with this idea is that it would be very confusing to new players just getting into the game.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    The problem I see with this idea is that it would be very confusing to new players just getting into the game.

Not really easy to read and i am sure they could simplify it if they need to.
    But more important it gives people the option to support zos but on our terms.
    Personally id fork out 20 a month and hell probably for a few others as well just for the benefits.
    Edited by Heromofo on April 30, 2015 7:09PM
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Heromofo

@Slurg

"Fair"? This isn't a democracy, this is a company providing a service. If people do not find value in the service right now because included items are missing (DLC), they should not pay for it. That is the way to incentivize the company to provide value. Not the way people are throwing tantrums on the forums and threatening to unsubscribe at some future time unless some laundry list of demands is met. Just unsubscribe until the company offers all of the items included in the subscription. It's very easy I promise.

If you don't like the product the business is selling, don't buy it. It really is that simple. You say you want to to represent everyone in this thread. Some people are going to disagree with you that ZOS needs to develop a whole new subscription system.
    Edited by Slurg on April 30, 2015 7:11PM
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @NewBlacksmurf & @nastuug
    The idea is to include many of the requested features that people have been requesting.
    The amount of topics requesting the subscription model to be changed shows the current features are not enough. Especially since they only cater to those interested in the crown shop.

However, I really like the idea of a pick & choose option. Each option could have a designated price and you could customize your subscription to get what you want. Nothing more, nothing less.

Edit: Added to original post and added @nastuug.

I get that but if the idea of this post comes from people aren't buying what exists OR maybe they are (I am) much doesn't need to change

People also can just buy crowns with no benefits too

Until DLC hits I'm not sure it makes sense to mess with it BUT I do feel more options within what exists may open some up if the perception is that people aren't buying ESO plus.

If the perception is that people want more than ESO plus. Just put it out there to ZOS and don't disguise it within tiers or plans.
  • c.p.garrett1993_ESO
    @Bouvin
    That was my intent behind "High Priority." I should probably re-word it as "PvP Queue Priority" is what people refer to is as. I wasn't able to remember the term people used.

@Heromofo
    I can't guarantee my friends would be subscribing but I know I would if more benefits were included.

Edit:

@UrQuan
    The packages would definitely need to contain more information, explaining exactly what each does and why a player would want it.
    Most people would buy the game and play a while before subscribing, though. They would know the terminology and why they would want each package by the time they are willing to buy.

@Slurg
    You're right. This is why I am not a subscriber at all.
    With the current model I never will be. ZOS will never release DLC at a fast enough rate to justify their requested cost and the 10% bonus is practically useless.

@NewBlacksmurf
    The idea is people want more. Some people don't. Some want less.
    The tiers are intended to create an affordable rate for everyone with all the features requested provided.
    Ideally, everybody could be happy.
    Doesn't seem like that's true though, as I seem to have a whole one or two supporters.
    Strange how everyone who has been posting about this isn't here to weigh in.

Perhaps the plan is inefficient. That's why I am asking for feedback.
    It cannot be questioned that many are unsatisfied, though. I only am trying to provide a resolution for everyone.
    Edited by c.p.garrett1993_ESO on April 30, 2015 7:19PM
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We shouldn't have to make such a case to get them to give us more options to give them more money lol.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep. Heck it's confusing to me until I read it over a few times. It's too much
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heromofo wrote: »
    We shouldn't have to make such a case to get them to give us more options to give them more money lol.

I think they expect you to do that buy buying all the mounts and costumes.

Unfortunately... it's not working on 90% of players.
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Bouvin
    That was my intent behind "High Priority." I should probably re-word it as "PvP Queue Priority" is what people refer to is as. I wasn't able to remember the term people used.

@Heromofo
    I can't guarantee my friends would be subscribing but I know I would if more benefits were included.

I can because i pay for half of them lol and the rest normally follow us from game to game hell you should of seen how much it cost me to transfer 3 accounts worth of horde characters to alliance in wow.
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bouvin wrote: »
    Heromofo wrote: »

I think they expect you to do that buy buying all the mounts and costumes.

Unfortunately... it's not working on 90% of players.

Yar i just cannot do that things like the flaming horse mount really made me upset.
    Not only did it break the lore but i figured we wouldn't see things like that without the right dlc i.e dark Brotherhood for that one. Also i still dont get the point of different mounts now since its just skins now and the costumes are just well who is running around in a wedding dress lol.
  • MCMancub
    MCMancub
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think there's anything wrong with this type of model, but at least get the dollars to crown correct. The only tier listed that would grant the appropriate amount of crowns is the ESO+ Platinum, and it already gets more perks than any other tier. Either lower its crowns per month by 500 to match the others, or raise all of the other tiers' crowns per month to meet the actual value of crowns (e.g. $4.99/month = 500 crowns, $9.99/month = 1000 crowns, etc). I prefer the latter as that will at least make subscribers feel like they're getting their crowns worth out of a subscription.
  • nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep. Heck it's confusing to me until I read it over a few times. It's too much

@NewBlacksmurf -- You had it right with the business position modeled around K.I.S.S. In order to appeal to the masses, not just us forum junkies, it needs to be simple.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Bouvin

@Heromofo

Edit:

@UrQuan
    The packages would definitely need to contain more information, explaining exactly what each does and why a player would want it.
    Most people would buy the game and play a while before subscribing, though. They would know the terminology and why they would want each package by the time they are willing to buy.

@Slurg
    You're right. This is why I am not a subscriber at all.
    With the current model I never will be. ZOS will never release DLC at a fast enough rate to justify their requested cost and the 10% bonus is practically useless.

@NewBlacksmurf
    The idea is people want more. Some people don't. Some want less.
    The tiers are intended to create an affordable rate for everyone with all the features requested provided.
    Ideally, everybody could be happy.
    Doesn't seem like that's true though, as I seem to have a whole one or two supporters.
    Strange how everyone who has been posting about this isn't here to weigh in.

Perhaps the plan is inefficient. That's why I am asking for feedback.
    It cannot be questioned that many are unsatisfied, though. I only am trying to provide a resolution for everyone.

This is just my personal opinion. Take it as you will

I think people are unhappy because they are trying to add value into a program that was built for the future. Once other elements are available such as multiple DLC packs the program will speak for itself.

Is it perfect, no, but keeping it simple and always making sure that the perceived value lasts as is, is the first step. Don't change just to change. Change if there is a marketing or financial reason

Changing the benefits to make the program more attractive will begin to beg the question

Why remove the sub if they've placed so much value in having ESO plus

Edited by NewBlacksmurf on April 30, 2015 7:44PM
  • c.p.garrett1993_ESO
    MCMancub wrote: »
    I don't think there's anything wrong with this type of model, but at least get the dollars to crown correct. The only tier listed that would grant the appropriate amount of crowns is the ESO+ Platinum, and it already gets more perks than any other tier. Either lower its crowns per month by 500 to match the others, or raise all of the other tiers' crowns per month to meet the actual value of crowns (e.g. $4.99/month = 500 crowns, $9.99/month = 1000 crowns, etc). I prefer the latter as that will at least make subscribers feel like they're getting their crowns worth out of a subscription.

- The concept is to trade crowns for more benefits.
    - Platinum is the most expensive, thus receives the biggest bonus.

However, you are right. It definitely doesn't seem balanced. I will adjust it accordingly.
  • MCMancub
    MCMancub
    ✭✭✭✭

However, you are right. It definitely doesn't seem balanced. I will adjust it accordingly.

I think you gain the added benefits for subscribing. You should get the crowns you pay for.
  • c.p.garrett1993_ESO

I think you gain the added benefits for subscribing. You should get the crowns you pay for.

You have a fair point.
    What about the perks? Should those remain as-is or be the same throughout?
    I don't think Bronze tier deserves the same, since it is the discount tier. The rest could be adjusted, though.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I read the title my immediate reaction was that keeping it simple was usually the best solution.

However, I have to be honest and admit that when I read the detail of the OP's proposals, I found myself very much in agreement. It would make sense, especially as the lower tier sub would make for a decent stepping stone between F2P/B2P and full subscription, while the top tier would provide that extra incentive for those who are willing to contribute a little more. Sure it may need fine-tuning, but the principle is a pretty good one.
    Edited by Tandor on April 30, 2015 7:55PM
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something to think about
    Skyrim units sold in the first 48 hours 3,500,000
    Skyrim units sold in the first week release 7,000,000
    Skyrim sales in the first week of release $450,000,000
    Total Skyrim units sold 23,270,000
    Total Skyrim sales revenue $1,390,000,000
    Average user review rating 92 / 100
    Highest number of concurrent players on Steam 320,000
    Skryim Sales By Platform
    XBox 360 59 %
    Playstation 3 27 %
    PC 14 %

Then remember there putting everything they have into the console release.
    If any other console users could help me for a second a multi tiered subscription service
    Would work really well for us console users as long as we can change it at will so say i want to do 20 a month for 6 months then i want to drop it to 10 a month for a few months then back up.

Ps this is why dlc is at a stand still for so long all focus is on console they cannot afford to screw it up.
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ps did you know that skyrim development cost was set at 85 million lol big gamble back then and it paid off big time.