The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ESO+ Broken? A Budget-Friendly & Community Focused Fix!

• Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    When I read the title my immediate reaction was that keeping it simple was usually the best solution.

However, I have to be honest and admit that when I read the detail of the OP's proposals, I found myself very much in agreement. It would make sense, especially as the lower tier sub would make for a decent stepping stone between F2P/B2P and full subscription, while the top tier would provide that extra incentive for those who are willing to contribute a little more. Sure it may need fine-tuning, but the principle is a pretty good one.

Yep same here bud and as a console player i can tell ya this sits well with me.
  • Slylok
    Slylok
    ✭✭✭
    No. People who choose to pay should not be treated like second class citizens because of the tier they chose.

One model and one model only.
    Youtube ESO First Person Gameplay - http://tinyurl.com/o6evusk

Twitter - SlylokYoutube

Google+ - Slylok
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. People who choose to pay should not be treated like second class citizens because of the tier they chose.

Is that how you feel if you buy a £20 shirt rather than a £50 shirt? Personally I get what seems like the best buy for me, and don't feel inferior because someone else chooses a more expensive one.

By offering a range of subscription options you are catering for variety of preferences and budgets, which seems a good idea to me.
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »

Is that how you feel if you buy a £20 shirt rather than a £50 shirt? Personally I get what seems like the best buy for me, and don't feel inferior because someone else chooses a more expensive one.

By offering a range of subscription options you are catering for variety of preferences and budgets, which seems a good idea to me.

Aah dont worry bud some people just want to put down the thread for the sake of it lol.
    If i am on the 5 dollar sub i wouldn't expect the same rewards as a 20 dollar sub.

Personally i hate the crown store i hate mounts,costumes and especially pets lol but i want to support the game.
  • jkemmery
    jkemmery
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't mind it if they had a multi-tier subscription model. I would say that the subscription should come with the same number of Crowns you could buy for the money at all levels however. Just my take on it though.
  • c.p.garrett1993_ESO
    @Tandor
    Thank you for your support.
    I agree, it needs plenty of fine-tuning. I'm by no means an expert, but I believe offering a range of options and perks allows a player to get the unique experience they want.

@jcodbf2b14_ESO
    How does this make anybody seem like a second class citizen?
    You choose what you can afford, rather than it being all or nothing.
    Even the lowest tier has plenty of benefits. Do you feel inferior every time someone has something better/ more expensive than you do? If so, you really shouldn't. It's good to give people options and you will not be excluded from anything major by having a lower tier or not having one at all.

@jkemmery
    I agree. However, that's not really my decision. Ultimately this is just a sample model, ZOS makes the decisions. I just figured that decreasing the crowns would increase the chances of receiving better benefits. If they're willing to do both than I'd be more than happy with that, but it seems unlikely.

• Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Tandor
    Thank you for your support.
    I agree, it needs plenty of fine-tuning. I'm by no means an expert, but I believe offering a range of options and perks allows a player to get the unique experience they want.

@jcodbf2b14_ESO
    How does this make anybody seem like a second class citizen?
    You choose what you can afford, rather than it being all or nothing.
    Even the lowest tier has plenty of benefits. Do you feel inferior every time someone has something better/ more expensive than you do? If so, you really shouldn't. It's good to give people options and you will not be excluded from anything major by having a lower tier or not having one at all.

@jkemmery
    I agree. However, that's not really my decision. Ultimately this is just a sample model, ZOS makes the decisions. I just figured that decreasing the crowns would increase the chances of receiving better benefits. If they're willing to do both than I'd be more than happy with that, but it seems unlikely.

Personally im surprised crowns were apart of eso plus because if i wanted to get something from the crown store i would buy crowns lol. Id prefer that crowns were not in the picture but everyone has the own reasons. All i know is i really like the 20 dollar sub so much that ima cry if this day not see the light of day lol.
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about ESO - Cash shop:
    - separate server
    - no cash shop crap there

Simple. Like in old days and ZOS could still milk the whales elsewhere.
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JamilaRaj wrote: »
    What about ESO - Cash shop:
    - separate server
    - no cash shop crap there

Simple. Like in old days and ZOS could still milk the whales elsewhere.

Lol i dont think they can handle any more of these mega servers what are we up to now 6 of em man.
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any person of ZOS looking at this thread i have a few questions if you dont mind.

1. I was wondering what decisions went behind having crowns apart of eso plus?.
    Just because if i wanted a crown store item i would just buy crowns.

2. Did you guys consider a system like this before?
    A system like this works well for people like me and my mates who are console users
    And i could suggest looking at some of the other console mmo games to help.

3. Can you give us any details on how the dlc will play out?
    See i have two theories on how they will be done so if you can speak up it would help heaps.

Version 1. Lets go with thieves guild so i have a theory that it will be broken into phases and sold to us in multiple parts over a few months. Now this would work well for you guys but i am more for version 2.

Version 2. Once again the thieves guild so this theory goes about having a 2 version dlc
    1. Is a normal set say for 60 dollars that will include the full expasion of it
    2. Is a premium set much like the Imperial edition where a premium version is sold for 80 dollars.
    That will include the normal expasion plus an exclusive mount and costume both centered around the thieves guild.
    Now this would generate large sales and personally i dont mind it much better than version 1.

So can you give us some details thanks heaps.
  • bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    not for eso. a asian mmo, maybe, but not for eso
  • c.p.garrett1993_ESO

Can you explain why you believe it is a functional system in one but not the other?
    A multi-tiered subscription model gives everybody the chance to support the game, regardless of their budget, and receive various perks benefiting them in the process.
  • c.p.garrett1993_ESO
    Edits have been made to the initial post based of the feedback I have received so far.
    I ask that anybody who has not yet read these edits do so before continuing the conversation.

I would like to thank everyone supporting this topic, and even those who are not.
    Without coming together as a community and making ourselves heard there would be no way to implement what we would like to have in the game.

I ask those who disagree with me to explain what can be done to make this model more effective. This is genuinely intended to benefit the community as a whole and I would love to hear your opinion. Your opinion will not likely match mine, but I will respect you regardless and try to incorporate any good suggestions into the various models.
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Can you explain why you believe it is a functional system in one but not the other?
    A multi-tiered subscription model gives everybody the chance to support the game, regardless of their budget, and receive various perks benefiting them in the process.

Yeah i would like to know as well seeing as the belief between western and asain mmos are the grind factor.
    You dont know meaning of grind until you try it for your self lol.
    Also blood mate a good reason to tier subs is also because it appeals to the console crowd like me and my mates.
    For priority queuing and bonus exp as they go a long way you only have to look at warframe on consoles.
    There sub style is different as you pay around 120 dollars for their version (prime access) and you buy it each time they change it. Normally around 4-6 months it gave us the latest prime weapons for each slot and a prime character also 90 days of playtime with double exp and double gold gain. Just to point out tho its not ptw because each weapon and warframe levels up like you would with a normal mmo character then you have to potato them a few times each and that means resetting them back to 1 a few times to make em stronger.

Edit: just to clarify people could get the prime parts in game they just have to farm the materials from the void and thats not an easy task lol.
    Edited by Heromofo on May 1, 2015 1:49PM
  • c.p.garrett1993_ESO
    @Heromofo
    That's a good example of a functional model.
    Although I don't think I would enjoy seeing exclusive items for subscribers, casual F2P (B2P?) players would be upset and it wouldn't really be fair.

BTW: What do you think of the edits? I have tried to include the feedback that has been received so far and balance things out a little better. You've been very active and supporting thus far, I would like to know your opinion.
  • gard
    gard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread cracks me up!
    My wife complains that I never listen to her. (Or something like that.)
    -- I'm a one man smurf zerg!

My ESO addons:
    Midnight - Find out when midnight is so that you can check for ww/vamp spawn.
    Goto - Adds a tab to the map pane allowing you to teleport to a friend, guildmate, or groupmate for free.
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Heromofo
    Although I don't think I would enjoy seeing exclusive items for subscribers, casual F2P (B2P?) players would be upset and it wouldn't really be fair.

BTW: What do you think of the edits? I have tried to include the feedback that has been received so far and balance things out a little better. You've been very active and supporting thus far, I would like to know your opinion.

Sorry i should of pointed out lol you can get the prime access stuff in game by building them just gotta collect materials but there insane to get its like raid gear.
  • c.p.garrett1993_ESO
    gard wrote: »

I would be interested in hearing an opinion that contributes to the topic.
    Do you like the idea? Do you dislike it? Do you have any suggestions?

I fail to see anything humorous included. A multi-tiered model provides a more affordable option to the community and has been changed to allow many of the highly requested perks that people want out of their subscription.

It's proven functional in many other games and I have tried to gear it in a way that remains viable for ZOS to profit. Were it to be implemented (and successful) it would increase the amount of subscribers and allow more money/ resources to go into development of new content.

Edit: Fixed a spelling mistake.
    Edited by c.p.garrett1993_ESO on May 1, 2015 1:49PM
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gard wrote: »

In what way mate?
  • c.p.garrett1993_ESO
    Heromofo wrote: »
    @Heromofo

Sorry i should of pointed out lol you can get the prime access stuff in game by building them just gotta collect materials but there insane to get its like raid gear.

Still not entirely certain on the concept.
    When a game offers you two options, pay or grind, I know I find myself upset.
    I don't feel like you should have to pay to make progress in the game, that becomes P2W.
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Heromofo

Still not entirely certain on the concept.
    When a game offers you two options, pay or grind, I know I find myself upset.
    I don't feel like you should have to pay to make progress in the game, that becomes P2W.

I suppose in a way it was p2w but it took alot of skill because i use to love picking off primes in rail roads with my paris its a bow. But still i hope they check it out if they go this path to get some ideas brewing.
  • c.p.garrett1993_ESO
    @Heromofo
    I just don't like the idea of anything that provides a paying player a considerable advantage or head-start over another. If a game wants to do something like that they should just be entirely P2P.
    All players are customers or potential customers. Ideally, you want to make subscription bonuses something that feels like a good investment and not a forced "option" that blocks or hinders progress if you refuse.
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Heromofo
    I just don't like the idea of anything that provides a paying player a considerable advantage or head-start over another. If a game wants to do something like that they should just be entirely P2P.
    All players are customers or potential customers. Ideally, you want to make subscription bonuses something that feels like a good investment and not a forced "option" that blocks or hinders progress if you refuse.

O i agree hence why i love this thread
  • c.p.garrett1993_ESO
    @Heromofo

It seems not everyone agrees.
    I'm certainly interested in getting more feedback but it seems there's a handful of sides in this debate:

1.) "ESO+ will be worth it in about a year when there's a ton of DLC." Which I do not understand. Why have a subscription that is completely [presently] useless?
    2.) "ESO+ is fine. I love the crown store." This is fine, but do more options really hurt?
    3.) "ESO+ is a rip-off, I would like to see ______ implemented for me to continue my subscription." These people seem to be focused on their own topics by this point. Kind of a shame, I really want to pull the community into one topic and see how they feel about this suggestion. So far we are [mostly] getting the first two groups.
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Heromofo

It seems not everyone agrees.
    I'm certainly interested in getting more feedback but it seems there's a handful of sides in this debate:

1.) "ESO+ will be worth it in about a year when there's a ton of DLC." Which I do not understand. Why have a subscription that is completely [presently] useless?
    2.) "ESO+ is fine. I love the crown store." This is fine, but do more options really hurt?
    3.) "ESO+ is a rip-off, I would like to see ______ implemented for me to continue my subscription." These people seem to be focused on their own topics by this point. Kind of a shame, I really want to pull the community into one topic and see how they feel about this suggestion. So far we are [mostly] getting the first two groups.

Yeah lol don't worry bud i should of said before lol notice how many people on the forums openly say they hate subscribing.
    Well this thread goes against them as they dont want subscribers to be much different than a free to play player.
    Dont worry something tells me ZOS mods are more than aware of this lol also i love this thread for the console side im not borhered with what happens to the pc game anymore.
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS i know you guys are shy about commenting especially since people go aggro at the drop of a dam pin.
    But it would really help to get answers to these questions especially since me and my work partner spend most of our time at work promoting your console version.

O yeah also on top of these questions we could reallly use our mobile forum back.

Any person of ZOS looking at this thread i have a few questions if you dont mind.

1. I was wondering what decisions went behind having crowns apart of eso plus?.
    Just because if i wanted a crown store item i would just buy crowns.

2. Did you guys consider a system like this before?
    A system like this works well for people like me and my mates who are console users
    And i could suggest looking at some of the other console mmo games to help.

3. Can you give us any details on how the dlc will play out?
    See i have two theories on how they will be done so if you can speak up it would help heaps.

Version 1. Lets go with thieves guild so i have a theory that it will be broken into phases and sold to us in multiple parts over a few months. Now this would work well for you guys but i am more for version 2.

Version 2. Once again the thieves guild so this theory goes about having a 2 version dlc
    1. Is a normal set say for 60 dollars that will include the full expasion of it
    2. Is a premium set much like the Imperial edition where a premium version is sold for 80 dollars.
    That will include the normal expasion plus an exclusive mount and costume both centered around the thieves guild.
    Now this would generate large sales and personally i dont mind it much better than version 1.

So can you give us some details thanks heaps.

• c.p.garrett1993_ESO
    Edits have been made to the initial post in an attempt to better convey the concept.
    Please read the revised topic before posting, thank you! :)
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edits have been made to the initial post in an attempt to better convey the concept.
    Please read the revised topic before posting, thank you! :)

Love it mate i could see this boosting their profits alot.
  • c.p.garrett1993_ESO
    @Heromofo - Theoretically. It really hangs on the community, if they don't indicate whether or not they are interested it seems hopeless. It may be better to re-do the topic entirely and include a poll, as not everybody is interested in posting.
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Heromofo - Theoretically. It really hangs on the community, if they don't indicate whether or not they are interested it seems hopeless. It may be better to re-do the topic entirely and include a poll, as not everybody is interested in posting.

Mmm not a bad idea because i have noticed that but also you can get heaps of views from people who just dont have an account lol.