The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Make Alliance rank and Horse level account wide!

BugCollector
BugCollector
✭✭✭✭
Two things less to worry about when pushing another character to Veteran rank.
Edited by BugCollector on April 30, 2015 3:46PM
May knowledge guide you to enlightenment
  • Victus
    Victus
    ✭✭✭
    I firmly disagree with the riding skill being account wide. It should be based per character. Gives another gold and time sink, as they have to earn it like the rest of the characters.
    Throm the First - Redguard Dragon Knight - Daggerfall Covenant
  • drackonir
    drackonir
    ✭✭✭
    i have better idea:

Give us a button "GIVE ME ALL", which instantly gives player all levels, all skills maxed out, all crafting researched, all riding skills, all PvP ranks, all CP, skyshards etc and gazyllion of gold and AP to buy the best gear :)

That would make everyone happy and competitive B)
    Edited by drackonir on April 30, 2015 4:02PM
    "Even Gods dislike the absolute, for it stinks of something larger than themselves."
    Sotha Sil
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :'( i want this so bad because alt leveling is a pain to vr14.
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    drackonir wrote: »
    i have better idea:

Give us a button "GIVE ME ALL", which instantly gives player all levels, all skills maxed out, all crafting researched, all riding skills, all PvP ranks, all CP, skyshards etc and gazyllion of gold and AP to buy the best gear :)

Soon TM in the Crown store.

I think alliance skills lines should be unlocked for the account at least.

Concerning horse level, they should not make it account wide because you would lose inventory space :)
    Edited by Sotha_Sil on April 30, 2015 4:07PM
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • minfaer
    minfaer
    ✭✭
    And the Alliance Rank would be hilarious. So, I create a new dude for the Dominion and Ayrenn's like "For your loyal service to our mortal enemies, the Daggerall covenant, I hereby promote you Grand Overlord of our armies!"
  • golfer.dub17_ESO
    golfer.dub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Horse levels should be account wide.

I suppose I better create all eight of my characters right away with little forethought and feed all their horses so I don't fall a year behind on leveling their horse. Seriously, where is the logic in that?

I wouldn't mind horse levels being unique to character if there wasn't a "you can only feed them once per day" restriction in place.

As for alliance rank, only reason I would want that account wide is because it takes so ridiculously long to level to begin with.
    Edited by golfer.dub17_ESO on April 30, 2015 4:13PM
  • nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Victus wrote: »
    I firmly disagree with the riding skill being account wide. It should be based per character. Gives another gold and time sink, as they have to earn it like the rest of the characters.

A 60 day time sink per individual stat... You call that "earning" something?
  • c.p.garrett1993_ESO
    The riding skill should be account wide.
    It's honestly not particularly fun to have to remember to jump between every character and ensure it's leveled. I don't even bother with trying to do this, to be honest. It seems far too inconvenient.

Alliance Rank should be limited to that alliance. Maxing the rank for the Dominion should not extend to the Covenant or the Pact or any variation thereof.
  • Rook_Master
    Rook_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alliance Rank should definitely be account-wide.

Not horses, though.
  • maryriv
    maryriv
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alliance rank yes, horse no.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The riding skill should be account wide.
    It's honestly not particularly fun to have to remember to jump between every character and ensure it's leveled. I don't even bother with trying to do this, to be honest. It seems far too inconvenient.
    I've got 2 characters with riding skill completely maxed, and 6 with both speed and capacity maxed, and currently working on stamina (I think they're all at about 40 in stamina right now).

The 2 who are maxed are my main (for whom I started feeding both a speed horse and a capacity horse maybe a month after launch), and my character that I play with my real life friends (for whom I started feeding a speed horse around when I started feeding horses for my main).

The only reason I ended up completely maxing the riding skills on those 2 characters, and the only reason I'm close to maxing it out the riding skill on my other 6 characters (let's not talk about the 8 characters on my second account - I don't play them nearly as much, so I haven't put anything into riding on any of them) is because after the announcement of how 1.6 would be changing mounts, I bought each of them extra Imperial horses, and started feeding 3 horses per day per character in preparation, so when 1.6 went live I think all of their horses were at about 30-40, and since then I've worked on their riding skills in priority order of speed-capacity-stamina.

If I had just started after 1.6, there's no way I'd be putting in 180 days to get those characters up to max riding skill. It's just too much of a discouraging mountain of a time sink when you look at it. I understand wanting a time and gold sink (and I have absolutely no problem with the gold sink aspect of it), but the time sink side of it is just too much - it's at a point where it's really difficult to get motivated to even start working on it, just due to knowing it'll take half a year of diligently logging on at the appropriate time every day at the stable...
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Alliance rank should not be account wide because your rank in one alliance should not extend to characters in other alliances. I can see a case for making it apply to alts in the same alliance, though it would probably mess up the non-vet campaign when level 10 alts come in with high ranks bestowed on them by VR 14 mains.

I view horse stats (now riding skill) as part of character development so I would not like to see this go account wide either. I would like to see a change where you can train for each of the three attributes once per day, so it does not take more than 60 days to max all stats.
    Edited by Slurg on April 30, 2015 4:47PM
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • Victus
    Victus
    ✭✭✭
    nastuug wrote: »

It's called "Riding Skill". Skill takes time.
  • Victus
    Victus
    ✭✭✭
    minfaer wrote: »
    And the Alliance Rank would be hilarious. So, I create a new dude for the Dominion and Ayrenn's like "For your loyal service to our mortal enemies, the Daggerall covenant, I hereby promote you Grand Overlord of our armies!"

lol while still dressed in manacles and Soul Shriven garb...
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slurg wrote: »
    Alliance rank should not be account wide because your rank in one alliance should not extend to characters in other alliances. I can see a case for making it apply to alts in the same alliance, though it would probably mess up the non-vet campaign when level 10 alts come in with high ranks bestowed on them by VR 14 mains.
    Very good point.
    Slurg wrote: »
    I view horse stats (now riding skill) as part of character development so I would not like to see this go account wide either. I would like to see a change where you can train for each of the three attributes once per day, so it does not take more than 60 days to max all stats.
    That could work. I also don't want to see riding skill go to account-wide, but I would like to see something change on it so that it's not the 6-month time sink that it currently is in order to max it out. Being able to train each of the attributes once per day could work. My own suggestion on how to reduce the pain of it is this (quoted from another thread where I suggested it):
    UrQuan wrote: »
    I would prefer a system where if you've leveled a riding skill to 60 on one character, you can level that skill (but not the other 2 unless you've got those maxed too) 2, 3, or even 4 steps per day on an alt on the same account.

See, here's the reason why the riding skill is set up the way it is: it's a mechanic to give people an incentive to keep logging in every day for several months. That's fine the first time you're doing it, but if you've already done it once and you're thinking about doing it on an alt, the fact that it'll take a full half a year is just flat-out discouraging, and is more likely to make you give up and decide not to bother.

So once you've done it once, I'd like it to be easier to do on other characters. That way you still have an incentive to keep logging in - which is very important to the health of the game, as it makes you more likely to keep playing.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is a game, not a job. Let others enjoy it the way they prefer, yet still maintain balance. I would say that 180 days of "training" are more than enough to grant an account-wide access to the same skills.
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No to both
  • Rook_Master
    Rook_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AR 24 takes 6,918,400 AP total.

Let's assume you make 20k AP per hour. That's EXTREMELY GENEROUS by the way.

6,918,400 / 20,000 = 345.92

That's about 350 hours of grinding at maximum efficiency in order to max this skill line. Is that reasonable to do for all your alts?

Let's say you can play two hours a day, it would still take you 175 DAYS to max this skill for ONE character. And that is if you did nothing but PvP in a group that is efficient at AP gain.

That is why Alliance Ranks should be account wide.
  • Victus
    Victus
    ✭✭✭

This is a game, not a job. Let others enjoy it the way they prefer, yet still maintain balance. I would say that 180 days of "training" are more than enough to grant an account-wide access to the same skills.

I agree it is a game. We disagree on Riding Skill implementation. *shrug*
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If alliance rank became account wide it would need to be per alliance. Rank gained fighting for EP wouldn't carry over to DC. You'd start over then.

As far as horse level, that's pretty small and see no issues with the current system. Besides, crown store, eventually, will have something to boost level of horses on new characters.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    minfaer wrote: »

I would totally level my EP NB to Grand Overlord and then have my level 17 AD DK run around Cyrodiil with that title!
    The Moot Councillor
  • deleted221205-002626
    deleted221205-002626
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Horse levels should be account wide.

I suppose I better create all eight of my characters right away with little forethought and feed all their horses so I don't fall a year behind on leveling their horse. Seriously, where is the logic in that?

I wouldn't mind horse levels being unique to character if there wasn't a "you can only feed them once per day" restriction in place.

As for alliance rank, only reason I would want that account wide is because it takes so ridiculously long to level to begin with.

wheres the logic in pvp rank etc being account wide? this new toon your creating has done what exactly for your faction? TOTALLY deserves grand overload when you may not even be able to play it or like it even slightly.
  • AbraXuSeXile
    AbraXuSeXile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A freshly rerolled char having an alliance rank is beyond stupid, The identity of each cyrodiil player relies on the alliance rank. Each player of high rank most people know.
    AbraXuS
    Grand Overlord Rank 50 [First EU]
    Clan Leader of eXile
    Gaming Community - Est. 1999
    Crashing an EP Wedding | DK Emp | 1vX | Between Enemy Lines | Hate Video | 5 v Many

• Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's never enough. If/when horse and alliance rank become account wide, then it will be skyshard, then skills and finally VR levels be account wide. Then people will log in, create a fully skilled VR14 toon and complain how there is nothing to do.
  • nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    It's never enough. If/when horse and alliance rank become account wide, then it will be skyshard, then skills and finally VR levels be account wide. Then people will log in, create a fully skilled VR14 toon and complain how there is nothing to do.

Yep. That's exactly what people will do. Cuz, ya know, you can see the future...and stuff...
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

It is only called "riding skill' because it is misnamed. It should be called feeding skill. Since i feed my horse to make it better. If it were a riding skill i would expect the skill to get better as I rode my horse. But you can max out a horses stat and never ride it. So as it is designed it isnt a skill that you use and improve, it is just an artifical time gate.
    Edited by vyndral13preub18_ESO on April 30, 2015 6:15PM
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So punishing people is how its supposed to work?
    I have a Templar I'm leveling, he's at V9 currently. I know my guilds need dedicated healers, there's few enough in PVP these days with Templars going stam dps and such.
    But not only do I have to start from scratch with him in the alliance war, but I have to stop all progress on my Sorc in order to do it.
    Nice double whammy there and certainly doesn't encourage people to do anything different, enjoy more than one playstyle and I guess the guilds are just sol eh?

So for those that just say flat out no, what exactly is the solution here?
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • inf.toniceb17_ESO
    inf.toniceb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭

250 gold a day is not really a gold sink. It has zero impact on the economy. Hell if its so important then gimme an option to pay 45k and instantly get all my riding skills maxed out.
    Sole purpose of time sinks is to keep players busy so they will keep playing. Are you gonna keep playing just to feed your horse? Really?
    Edited by inf.toniceb17_ESO on April 30, 2015 6:29PM
  • Ley
    Ley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can somewhat relate to both sides of the argument.

Some days I don't have time to play eso and I'll still log on to feed my horses, it doesn't really add anything to the game for me, it's just a chore. While it wouldn't ruin immersion or anything like that for me, I do like the idea that players/characters who have been around longer, have better horses. At the same time I don't like the idea of having to wait several months to be able to ride at a comfortable speed and have some storage. I'd just be happy if they allowed us to purchase 2-3 horse upgrades a day.
    I actually do this, not all 8 characters but just a couple alts I may level in the future.

As for alliance ranks being account wide. I'd like the the tittle to be account wide, even if the skill trees were not. AP is nearly as time consuming to gain as CP and the latter is account wide. If the skill points and skill trees are not shared account wide, it wouldn't give a player any advantage, it would just let them display their accomplishment proudly. I'd like the overall Alliance rank/points to at least be able to be displayed on any character.

While we're at it, I think there's room to add a few account wide achievements.
    Leylith - MagSorc | Leyloth - StamPlar | Leynerd - MagPlar | Leylit - StamBlade | Ley Eviticus - StamDK | Leydor - MagDen | Leylum - StamSorc | Leylux - MagBlade
  • sk8ingeckoub17_ESO
    sk8ingeckoub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Horse ranks i can understand as they take forever and are just a nuisance at times to track down the trainer when you are in the middle of nowhere questing or killing.

Alliance ranks though i vote firmly and unequivocally no. Alliance ranks are a very large part of the end game and leveling process for pvp. you may hate them but its something to strive for and achieve through working the alliance system and need to stay. Similar to how realm ranks in daoc were that games pvp end game alliance ranks are here..