The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

New crown store consumable- Riding Speed

michaelarryn
michaelarryn
✭✭✭
I definitely would pay for riding speed on an alt character. Speed is pretty essential, especially out in PvP. I'm not asking for the whole 60%, but maybe somewhere between 10-20% at a reasonably low price. Would this be a great idea or does everyone hate it?
  • Amsel_McKay
    Amsel_McKay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I definitely would pay for riding speed on an alt character. Speed is pretty essential, especially out in PvP. I'm not asking for the whole 60%, but maybe somewhere between 10-20% at a reasonably low price. Would this be a great idea or does everyone hate it?

I dont know why you have to wait a day anyway for each skill up. (Back in the P2P days it would be so you would log on, but now)
    Options
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZxUyTC3.jpg
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
    Options
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would prefer a system where if you've leveled a riding skill to 60 on one character, you can level that skill (but not the other 2 unless you've got those maxed too) 2, 3, or even 4 steps per day on an alt on the same account.

See, here's the reason why the riding skill is set up the way it is: it's a mechanic to give people an incentive to keep logging in every day for several months. That's fine the first time you're doing it, but if you've already done it once and you're thinking about doing it on an alt, the fact that it'll take a full half a year is just flat-out discouraging, and is more likely to make you give up and decide not to bother.

So once you've done it once, I'd like it to be easier to do on other characters. That way you still have an incentive to keep logging in - which is very important to the health of the game, as it makes you more likely to keep playing.

So I'd definitely prefer that to a crown store option that will make some people happy and *** others off.

Having said that, if there was a crown store option I'd like it to be a "basic training" consumable that would immediately level up your riding skill to a set level, rather than giving you a +10 or +20 boost to the skill. So basically, you can only benefit from it once on the character. Say that it raised your skill to 20: you buy a speed skill booster and if you've got 0 points in speed, it goes up to 20, and if you've got 10 in speed, it also goes up to 20. Buying additional boosters for that character would thus be pointless (unless they were for stamina or capacity).

But I'd still prefer my solution.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
    Options
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I dont know why you have to wait a day anyway for each skill up. (Back in the P2P days it would be so you would log on, but now)
    It's the same reason now. If you have a reason to log in every day then you're more likely to get sucked into playing than if you don't. You're also more likely to see people riding around on the brand new hotness Crown Store mount and decide you might want it for yourself.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
    Options
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @UrQuan , good post and spot on :).
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    Adryssa_Joneley
    ✭✭✭
    yeah.... i agree... it would be nice to be able to purchase some % through Crowns, or even remove the daily limit entirely. Hell, i would be content with being able to buy ONE for Speed, ONE for Stamina and ONE for bag space per day. That way, i can increase all three per day. ANYTHING but ONCE per day would be nice.
    Options