The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Make Alliance rank and Horse level account wide!

• UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Varicite wrote: »
    UrQuan wrote: »
    4) Well the only thing I've actually said about Alliance Rank at all in this thread was agreeing with someone who was explaining why they didn't think it should be account-wide, so... huh?

Well, #4 was mostly in response to this line:
    I'm not saying it is wrong or deviant and it sheds a new light on why you don't want to earn several million AP on each of them but I don't understand why you'd want 16...

It was @SuraklinPrime 's post that prompted my response in the first place, so I felt it natural to cover the points I felt were a bit misconstrued. : )

Indeed I was covering both topics from the OP rather than focusing on the horse training that you were specifically focused on by that point in the thread.
    Which is odd, because you were focusing on those of us with 16 characters, and then assuming that we felt one particular way about the topics at hand despite the fact that we hadn't said anything to indicate that...
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be happy to see them triple the price of leveling up riding skill if they'd just make it account wide.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    4) Well the only thing I've actually said about Alliance Rank at all in this thread was agreeing with someone who was explaining why they didn't think it should be account-wide, so... huh?

I'm not saying it is wrong or deviant and it sheds a new light on why you don't want to earn several million AP on each of them but I don't understand why you'd want 16...

It was @SuraklinPrime 's post that prompted my response in the first place, so I felt it natural to cover the points I felt were a bit misconstrued. : )

Indeed I was covering both topics from the OP rather than focusing on the horse training that you were specifically focused on by that point in the thread.
    Which is odd, because you were focusing on those of us with 16 characters, and then assuming that we felt one particular way about the topics at hand despite the fact that we hadn't said anything to indicate that...

OK was trying to be graceful about it but clearly that ship has sailed...

You two are not the only people on this thread with multiple alternate characters, some of those others have expressed a wish to not have to earn either horse skills or AP on alts, some also made it clear that they considered such things an impediment to getting to wherever it was they wanted to get to for the endgame. Similar sentiments are regularly expressed on many similar threads and have been for some months.

You assumed it was all about you and chose to take general cooments as being all about you even though I did not refer to you by name. Although, yes, it was directed as a general question that could refer to anyone in that situation.

You could have been civil and simply stated that you personally had no issue with earning AP but that you had characters for other reasons, instead you seem to want to start a rather pointless fight. Seems a little attention seeking?
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭

OK was trying to be graceful about it but clearly that ship has sailed...

You two are not the only people on this thread with multiple alternate characters, some of those others have expressed a wish to not have to earn either horse skills or AP on alts, some also made it clear that they considered such things an impediment to getting to wherever it was they wanted to get to for the endgame. Similar sentiments are regularly expressed on many similar threads and have been for some months.

You assumed it was all about you and chose to take general cooments as being all about you even though I did not refer to you by name. Although, yes, it was directed as a general question that could refer to anyone in that situation.

You could have been civil and simply stated that you personally had no issue with earning AP but that you had characters for other reasons, instead you seem to want to start a rather pointless fight. Seems a little attention seeking?

We should stay on topic. Derailing will just get this locked. =\
  • SRIBES
    SRIBES
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Couldn't agree more for the Alliance rank account wide, don't care much for horses but that's because I only focus on two characters.
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Horse levels should be account wide.

I suppose I better create all eight of my characters right away with little forethought and feed all their horses so I don't fall a year behind on leveling their horse. Seriously, where is the logic in that?

I wouldn't mind horse levels being unique to character if there wasn't a "you can only feed them once per day" restriction in place.

As for alliance rank, only reason I would want that account wide is because it takes so ridiculously long to level to begin with.
    Horse ranks i can understand as they take forever and are just a nuisance at times to track down the trainer when you are in the middle of nowhere questing or killing.

Alliance ranks though i vote firmly and unequivocally no. Alliance ranks are a very large part of the end game and leveling process for pvp. you may hate them but its something to strive for and achieve through working the alliance system and need to stay. Similar to how realm ranks in daoc were that games pvp end game alliance ranks are here..

I agree with horse level, or at least some way to spend 40k gold to buy a somewhat faster horse.

However, I like the fact that when I see people with high Alliance rank, I know they have put some time in with that character.
    Edited by IcyDeadPeople on May 4, 2015 5:48PM
  • c.p.garrett1993_ESO
    I don't think either of those ought to be account wide.

Riding skill? Why should the lowbie nord I have be an expert rider just because my main dunmer spent a lot of time and gold on training her riding? I am sure I have some ancestory who learned how to ride somewhen in the middle ages, does that mean I can ride? Nope, strangely it doesn't. So why should one character benefit from some skill another character has???

Alliance rank? Why should my lowbie altmer healer get a rank my main dunmer spent time earning? Do any military give out general ranks to the generals cousin? You want a alliance rank, earn it.

Speed, stamina, and carrying capacity are generally determined by the breed.
    With good care and training your horse will become bigger, better, faster, & stronger but not to the extent that this game has.
    forealpferdefest.jpg

Realistically, though? You can't just spend money and instantly make your horse better.
    A horse's ability and the rider's skill can only be increased by actually riding the horse and training it. So, putting realism aside as it is no longer valid, it's for convenience.
    Edited by c.p.garrett1993_ESO on May 4, 2015 5:49PM
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You two are not the only people on this thread with multiple alternate characters, some of those others have expressed a wish to not have to earn either horse skills or AP on alts, some also made it clear that they considered such things an impediment to getting to wherever it was they wanted to get to for the endgame.

In this particular thread, there were only 2 people that said anything about having 2 accounts prior to your post. I was one of them. @newtinmpls was the other.

And your reply was directly following a conversation between myself and the 1 other person who mentioned they had multiple accounts.

It stood to reason that you were talking about one of us. In fact, it seems highly unlikely that you were NOT talking about one of us, and if you were not, then you weren't talking about anybody who had posted in this thread.

As I dismissed the likelihood of you asking a question to nobody, I made the logical assumption that you were probably talking about me, at least in part. And thus I replied to you.

Don't worry, I won't make that mistake in the future. ;)
  • cote-bmsb16_ESO
    cote-bmsb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Just earn it.. So entitled.
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just earn it.. So entitled.

I probably have more maxed out horses than you... <.<
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I will grant on a reread of the whole thread thst only 2 of you specifically mentioned 16 characters, perhaps I should have been less specific...
    GM - Malazan
    Legio Mortuum
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    [You could have been civil and simply stated that you personally had no issue with earning AP but that you had characters for other reasons, instead you seem to want to start a rather pointless fight. Seems a little attention seeking?

I was more than civil and shared my personal reasoning and what works for me. I don't assume that what works for me always works for every one else. I support a sharing of information on this thread .... by sharing information.

If stating a position that differs from "yours" or from something expected is perceived as an attack... well that sounds uncomfortable for "you" the reader.

Well, all I can say in that case is skip my posts. They will continue to be full of opinions and examples.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    [You could have been civil and simply stated that you personally had no issue with earning AP but that you had characters for other reasons, instead you seem to want to start a rather pointless fight. Seems a little attention seeking?

I was more than civil and shared my personal reasoning and what works for me. I don't assume that what works for me always works for every one else. I support a sharing of information on this thread .... by sharing information.

If stating a position that differs from "yours" or from something expected is perceived as an attack... well that sounds uncomfortable for "you" the reader.

Well, all I can say in that case is skip my posts. They will continue to be full of opinions and examples.

Actually you guys set up several straw men arguments based on things you said I had said and then proceeded to attack them.

I then acknowledged both that you two had been focused on horse skills rather than alliance ranks AND that i should have been more specific about character numbers so as to demonstrate I was not focusing on just two people but a more general comment. Basically acknowledging error in attempt to stop pointless arguement.

You continued to be combatitive once again suggesting the problem is that I have an issue with any opinion other than mine, once again making up things I never said - which was, rather hypocritically, your initial complaint.
    GM - Malazan
    Legio Mortuum
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will grant on a reread of the whole thread thst only 2 of you specifically mentioned 16 characters, perhaps I should have been less specific...
    3 of us actually (well, I didn't specifically say I had 16 characters, but I mentioned 8 characters on my main account, and I also mentioned that I have 8 characters on another account, so it comes to the same thing), but none of the 3 of us had espoused the views that you attributed specifically to "people with 16 characters". So yeah, if you weren't specifically addressing the 3 of us, you should have made your "general comments" about a less specific group of people.

And frankly, none of the 3 of us with 16 character who replied to you was being anything less than civil.

But as you're now acknowledging that you erred in that post, I'd consider the matter over and done with.

Some people with multiple characters obviously want account-wide alliance rank, you just happened to direct your post to people who didn't. Honest mistake, and really no big deal. :)
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • dafox187
    dafox187
    ✭✭✭
    Two things less to worry about when pushing another character to Veteran rank.

nooooooooooo - dark vader

don't get mad at my spelling, autocorrect doesn't cover fantasy.
    Why couldn't the Khajiit go to the party? She had to be Elsweyr.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm for individualized leveling and experiences as much as possible. I recognize that there are software issues that prohibit this. Oh well.

My preference would be separate banks, separate riding lessons AND separate mounts (as you can buy one mount now and access it on all characters which I see as unrealistic), I would also keep alliance rank separate (despite claims of nepotism in various real world corporate and military organizations, I hold Tamriel to a higher standard). ;)

I want separate accounts *even more* because I play many characters.

I also get that some folks want collective things *even more* because they play many characters. j

This would be one of those YMMV type things.

Edit: My beloved husband, reading this over my shoulder has a suggestion: anyone who wants all things account wide-simply sign a form.

Your account will then be modified to have only one character.

Problem solved.
    Edited by newtinmpls on May 4, 2015 10:09PM
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only "skill" involved in Riding your horse in this game is the gold you plunk down to level it. Equating this with the plethora of variables that come into earning PvP rank is not only ludicrous it's a completely different thing. Equating Alliance Points to "account wide convenience" of a horse is not something I would ever support, any more than I would account wide standing on PvE leaderboards for all characters belonging to the same person.
  • sagitter
    sagitter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry but no, alliance rank should not be account wide, that will be high exploitable, causing more unbalance between realm population.Most of "easy things" players will choose to follow the currently zerging realm or the best guilds when they are on to make aps. Lazy ppl.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have eight characters. I would benefit from account wide stuff.

And yet, I wholly oppose any such suggestion.

We have champion points and dyes, that's more then enough account-wide goodyness.

If I want something on an alt of mine, I should level it on that alt of mine. Be it alliance rank, riding skill, crafting traits, achievements...
  • Robotmafia
    Robotmafia
    ✭✭✭
    the dye system is account wide, but the attached achievements are not?? horse I can understand bc its a skill the char learns but alliance ranks should def be account wide.. atleast when playing the same alliance
    Edited by Robotmafia on May 5, 2015 8:56AM
    Robot Who Owes Money: Look into your hard drive and open your mercy file!
    Donbot: File not found.

EU/PC