The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

What do you think about sorcs.

filmoretub17_ESO
filmoretub17_ESO
✭✭✭
So do you think sorcs are too strong as they are?
Edited by filmoretub17_ESO on April 16, 2015 12:55PM

What do you think about sorcs. 161 votes

I play sorcs and they are too strong.
24% 40 votes
I dont play sorcs and they are too strong.
26% 43 votes
I dont play sorcs and they are very balanced.
10% 17 votes
I play sorcs and they are very balanced.
37% 61 votes
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You do realize there is no underpowered option, yes?

Either way, it doesn't make much sense looking at one class in particular and blend out all the others. Sorc is stronger than Templar, does that make them to strong?
    Sorc is only good with magicka while stamina is stronger than magicka in general now, does that make them to weak?
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play a sorc, yes, I feel pretty strong, but, I constantly encounter other classes that compete with me...everyday. Many players, yes I kill them without too much trouble, but then you encounter someone 10 minutes later of the same class and they are much harder to kill if killable 1v1 at all. So....I hate to say it, its a L2P issue imo.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should probably add "in PvP" to the topic. Sorcerers are still underpowered in PvE, even more so now with the stamina meta for dps and nerf to Negate. While they still have the least potential for tanking or healing roles.

Magicka sorcerers are really good in PvP for sure, but you need to specify that's what the topic is about or you get overrun by unhappy sorc PvE'ers.

• Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    gmD2OIU.png
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stupid poll is stupid. No underpowered option. No "other i will elaborate" option...
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    First, @Ezareth, that was awesome.

But back to the OP, I as someone who loves playing the class, will say that currently Sorcerer's are so lop sided it isn't even funny. 1.6 Buffed sorcerer burst damage (despite Eric saying in ESO Live 11 that they felt their burst damage was fine) without adjusting the rest of the class for the new game. We are now in a situation where anyone can get effectively infinite resources, and sorcerers are either bomb dropping madmen or... nothing much at all. If sorcerer's were to be re-balanced the whole class would need to be looked at, again, because 1.6 failed to keep the whole class relevant.
  • AltusVenifus
    AltusVenifus
    ✭✭✭
    CP5 wrote: »

But back to the OP, I as someone who loves playing the class, will say that currently Sorcerer's are so lop sided it isn't even funny. 1.6 Buffed sorcerer burst damage (despite Eric saying in ESO Live 11 that they felt their burst damage was fine) without adjusting the rest of the class for the new game. We are now in a situation where anyone can get effectively infinite resources, and sorcerers are either bomb dropping madmen or... nothing much at all. If sorcerer's were to be re-balanced the whole class would need to be looked at, again, because 1.6 failed to keep the whole class relevant.

Feel the same way. Have a Sorc, and it is very OP I faceroll my keyboard with a VR3 sorc and mess dudes up...

however, I'm not sure if nerfing it will break the class. I don't think their DPS is too high, I just that the combination of instant non critable, full strength shields, 8 sec cc immunity, and complete freedom of maneuver on the battlefield is simple to much.

Maybe if shields grew in strength, like first 5 secs a shield is worth 3k, 5-10 seconds 6k, 10-15 9k, 15+ 12k...
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Feel the same way. Have a Sorc, and it is very OP I faceroll my keyboard with a VR3 sorc and mess dudes up...

however, I'm not sure if nerfing it will break the class. I don't think their DPS is too high, I just that the combination of instant non critable, full strength shields, 8 sec cc immunity, and complete freedom of maneuver on the battlefield is simple to much.

Maybe if shields grew in strength, like first 5 secs a shield is worth 3k, 5-10 seconds 6k, 10-15 9k, 15+ 12k...

If you only nerfed that select type of build without re-adjusting the rest of the class (the whole rest of it) then sorcerers would have little to nothing, and that shield change would only benefit long duration shields, and since most shields last less than 6s it wouldn't be that helpful of a change, however when thinking it over more it could be interesting...
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have never seen a poll before on these forums that the first 8 commenters chose not to answer. That is how terrible this poll is.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Erock25 wrote: »
    I have never seen a poll before on these forums that the first 8 commenters chose not to answer. That is how terrible this poll is.

Have you looked at the results yet?
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have a Sorc, and it is very OP I faceroll my keyboard with a VR3 sorc and mess dudes up...

1gMTsOm.jpg

Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »
    Have a Sorc, and it is very OP I faceroll my keyboard with a VR3 sorc and mess dudes up...

1gMTsOm.jpg

@Ezareth I'm surprised that you of all people wouldn't at the very least acknowledge that they need to make Conjured Ward scale of health, that's my only issue with Sorcerers, they spam shields and run away. And I want my AP Damn it! :rage:

On a more in depth note, my serious issue is that no class should be able to dump EVERYTHING into a single stat and have both effective sustain, damage, survival, and the ability to drop combat and run when they want. If it was more balanced between a Sorc spec'ing into running and survival or survival and combat, I'd be fine, but they're the jack of all trades atm.
    Edited by Panda244 on April 16, 2015 3:10PM
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Panda244 wrote: »
    @Ezareth I'm surprised that you of all people wouldn't at the very least acknowledge that they need to make Conjured Ward scale of health, that's my only issue with Sorcerers, they spam shields and run away. And I want my AP Damn it! :rage:

On a more in depth note, my serious issue is that no class should be able to dump EVERYTHING into a single stat and have both effective sustain, damage, survival, and the ability to drop combat and run when they want. If it was more balanced between a Sorc spec'ing into running and survival or survival and combat, I'd be fine, but they're the jack of all trades atm.

I hope that's Sarcasm. The whole idea of a Magicka users primary defense scaling off of health would be like having a heavy armor user's block consume Magicka It's a ludicrous idea as Light Armor wearers have by definition the "weakest" health pool and so in order to defend themselves better they'd have to put points and focus into something that was weakest for them while effectively lowering their damage further (as if the 20-40K spell resistance most PvP players are rolling around in wasn't bad enough). Sounds like a great idea.
    Edited by Ezareth on April 16, 2015 3:24PM
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope that's Sarcasm. The whole idea of a Magicka users primary defense scaling off of health would be like having a heavy armor user's block consume Magicka It's a ludicrous idea as Light Armor wearers have by definition the "weakest" health pool and so in order to defend themselves better they'd have to put points and focus into something that was weakest for them while effectively lowering their damage further (as if the 20-40K spell resistance most PvP players are rolling around in wasn't bad enough). Sounds like a great idea.
    Yea yea yea, I understand the counter-argument, and I get that. But that's like saying no Sorcs use Stam and no NBs use Magicka. I dunno how to make it feasible but they do need to change something about the Sorcs, with the removal of softcaps they're simply right up ontop of the bar with NBs, Templars and DKs are just mediocre classes now.
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

• Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This poll is biased but I answered as close as I could. My sorc has serious limitations in what she can do. My other classes fit the roles she tries to fill in a lot of ways better than she can. If I had to choose a survival/tank type build id go DK stam or NB magicka saptank any day, if I wanted to do raw DPS it would be Magicka DK or any of the current FOTM stamina 2H builds on a NB or DK. For healer templar wins.

So the sorc is kinda a character thats trying to be whatever. I love the toon, its actually my favorite to actually play, very frantic and quick reflex style gameplay, but by no means is it my strongest toon. In some respects, shes a little underpowered.
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Yea yea yea, I understand the counter-argument, and I get that. But that's like saying no Sorcs use Stam and no NBs use Magicka. I dunno how to make it feasible but they do need to change something about the Sorcs, with the removal of softcaps they're simply right up ontop of the bar with NBs, Templars and DKs are just mediocre classes now.

I've said this so many times in so many threads. Sorcs aren't OP, the classes are fairly balanced.

They need to fix unlimited resources. Take away unlimited resources and a sorc can't continue to spam shields and bolt without concern to cost. Once that happens, killing a good sorc and a good stam user becomes much more feasible.

NBs and DKs are not mediocre in any respect if you build them right. There are just too many bad players or unoriginal players with old builds playing out there. Even Templars in 1 v 1 situations are unkillable when built correct.

Without a serious overhaul of the game right now, any attempt to have class balance in 1 v 1 scenarios isn't going to happen. Unlimited resources make fights against equally skilled and built players....endless.

Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • SilvyrNixe
    SilvyrNixe
    ✭✭✭
    Stupid poll is extremely stupid. I have two different sorcs, but my Khajiit sorc right now is a glass cannon. I feel like my sorc is doing just fine, and I'm doing as much damage as my bf who is a NB who is vet1 and I'm currently 47.

Where is the option in the poll to say that I feel that it depends on how you build and play your character?
    Edited by SilvyrNixe on April 16, 2015 3:49PM
    "Real courage is not to give up hope, even in the most terrible darkness, and to carry on." -The Sight by David Clement-Davies
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've said this so many times in so many threads. Sorcs aren't OP, the classes are fairly balanced.

They need to fix unlimited resources. Take away unlimited resources and a sorc can't continue to spam shields and bolt without concern to cost. Once that happens, killing a good sorc and a good stam user becomes much more feasible.

NBs and DKs are not mediocre in any respect if you build them right. There are just too many bad players or unoriginal players with old builds playing out there. Even Templars in 1 v 1 situations are unkillable when built correct.

Without a serious overhaul of the game right now, any attempt to have class balance in 1 v 1 scenarios isn't going to happen. Unlimited resources make fights against equally skilled and built players....endless.

Taking away unlimited resources? I'm sorry wha... I Certainly don't have unlimited resources on my DK, on my Magicka NB sure, doing this will only screw over Stam users that dodge roll forever.......

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

• Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Taking away unlimited resources? I'm sorry wha... I Certainly don't have unlimited resources on my DK, on my Magicka NB sure, doing this will only screw over Stam users that dodge roll forever.......

That's because you're still stuck in 1.5 mode which is why you're having difficulty with sorcs. Not being facetious here just honest. I've been fighting plenty of DKs (Xenovithian(sp) for one) with unlimited resources and after about 10 minutes I give up. Same with the best Night blades. The DKs who are all burst right now either get lucky and kill me or die pretty quickly. Same with most of the sorcs unless they're BoL using the bugged ass Destro exploit through my BoL trick but I watch those same sorcs go down fast to 2hander builds so that is fine by me.

These unkillable sorcs are all sitting on unlimited resources or they're stuck in 1.5 mode too. I haven't seen Teargrants in awhile but I've seen a few of the sorcs with builds similar to me and we go at each other a few times at first to test each others skill and then we realize no one is going to kill the other and we split off in search of weaker prey.

You know I'm *really* getting sick of having to make the same points over and over and over to people in 50 different threads. If we could really condense the Nerf Sorc threads into 1 thread that'd be great. It's really tiresome.
    Edited by Ezareth on April 16, 2015 4:03PM
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1gMTsOm.jpg

This statement is so completely and utterly biased and false i don´t know where to start. I´ll try to answer it with a question:
    What do you think the stamina glass cannon builds (yeah i consider 3k weapon dmg 3k reg a glass cannon build) are doing at the moment and do you have an idea what current sorcerer builds look like in terms of regeneration and stats?

The only thing sorc class shield scaling of health would accomplish is the few stamina NBs not sniping from stealth reigning supreme on the battlefield.
    Edited by Derra on April 16, 2015 4:06PM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Vis
    Vis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes because we can always count on people overcoming basic human psyche to see the "grass is greener. " Play the class and discover its many limitations for yourself.

kmdsy.jpg
    v14 Sorc Vae Exillis
    v14 DK Costs
    v14 NB 'Vis
    v14 Temp Fiat Lux

• Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's because you're still stuck in 1.5 mode which is why you're having difficulty with sorcs. Not being facetious here just honest. I've been fighting plenty of DKs (Xenovithian(sp) for one) with unlimited resources and after about 10 minutes I give up. Same with the best Night blades. The DKs who are all burst right now either get lucky and kill me or die pretty quickly. Same with most of the sorcs unless they're BoL using the bugged ass Destro exploit through my BoL trick but I watch those same sorcs go down fast to 2hander builds so that is fine by me.

These unkillable sorcs are all sitting on unlimited resources or they're stuck in 1.5 mode too. I haven't seen Teargrants in awhile but I've seen a few of the sorcs with builds similar to me and we go at each other a few times at first to test each others skill and then we realize no one is going to kill the other and we split off in search of weaker prey.

You know I'm *really* getting sick of having to make the same points over and over and over to people in 50 different threads. If we could really condense the Nerf Sorc threads into 1 thread that'd be great. It's really tiresome.

So stuck in 1.5 mode I've blown 100k on a new build and not even using sword/shield anymore... If I wanted unlimited resources I'd throw on regen sets, go vampire, and spam bats every 20s they were up. I'm not having difficulty killing sorcs, I'm trying to say that they simply have an unfair advantage over other classes. Doesn't matter if that advantage can only be used by skilled players, it's still there.
    Derra wrote: »

1gMTsOm.jpg

This statement is so completely and utterly biased and false i don´t know where to start. I´ll try to answer it with a question:
    What do you think the stamina glass cannon builds (yeah i consider 3k weapon dmg 3k reg a glass cannon build) are doing at the moment and do you have an idea what current sorcerer builds look like in terms of regeneration and stats?

The only thing sorc class shield scaling of health would accomplish is the few stamina NBs not sniping from stealth reigning supreme on the battlefield.

Or you'd know... It's just fall in line with every other shield in the game :confused:

I'm not a damn developer, quit being so hostile. It's an idea to bring Sorcs on par with the rest of the classes, Bolt Escape was nerfed three times, and the only nerf that was needed was the cost increase, the other two can go. Now with the removal of softcaps you can get an absurd amount of shields on your character regardless of class, it's just easier to do with Sorcs, combine that with Bolt Escape and you have an unfair advantage as stated above.

However, say what you will, you win this argument. The only Sorcerer I can argue with without flipping *** and turning into an insanity driven "No don't nerf me we've sucked forever!" is Gorthax...

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

• Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP forgot option #5:

I play Sorcs, and the only thing worse than seeing my class NERFED to hell is reading another biased poll by a butthurt PvP whiner!
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't see an issue. Two pieces of nirnhoned armor and it's all good. Three or four pieces if you are not building in Major Ward I suppose.
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not having difficulty killing sorcs, I'm trying to say that they simply have an unfair advantage over other classes.
    1322.gif

Or you'd know... It's just fall in line with every other shield in the game :confused:

Except that isn't true. Harness Magicka and Healing Ward and Barrier and probably several other shields scale off of Magicka as well. Most shields do. The shields that scale off of health were designed that way for a reason. Nerfing sorc shields specifically with the current state of the game is just ***. Even with my amazing magicka scaling shields in PvE content outside of Cyrodiil I still get damn near instagibbed any time a couple Vet mobs so much as looks at me.

Nothing you say can be applied to Sorcs....as the same things apply to other classes equally. You can't shield and Bolt escape at the same time, the reason I'm so damn hard to kill usually is because I'm built for dodge rolling as well. If I don't have enough stamina to dodge roll I die...easily because the moment I recast my shields every person that is chasing me has a free second of damage and CC on me where I can't do anything else.

Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Psilent
    Psilent
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I revamped Vjori a bit this week and I'm practically at unlimited stamina. 1900 Stam regen, 2250 with Continuous Attack. This is also with drink. Base is 1400ish. Add a unmovable Stam/health pot...
    Edited by Psilent on April 16, 2015 4:40PM
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Templar should explode if you cast blazing shield 5 times in 30 sec
    Nightblade should explode if you cast cloak 5 times in 30 sec
    Sorc should explode if you cast BE 5 times in 30 sec
    Dragonknight should explode if you cast wings 5 times in 30 sec

Imagine the horror :neutral:
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • Sphinx2318
    Sphinx2318
    ✭✭✭✭
    Easiest fix to sorc problem ever: make bolt escape draw from stamina pool instead of magicka pool.

@Panda244 is absolutely correct when he said it is absurd that any class should be able to put all of their resources in one single stat and have effective sustain, damage, survival, and the ability to drop combat and run when they want.

THAT is exactly why people think that sorcs are OP atm. Their meta is overly simplified right now. This is not the case for ANY other class. Make them think a little bit about their build for heavens sakes!
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Erock25 wrote: »

Have you looked at the results yet?

I did but I guess I'm just used to poll responses showing up above posts, which isn't happening in this thread for some reason.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sphinx2318 wrote: »
    Easiest fix to sorc problem ever: make bolt escape draw from stamina pool instead of magicka pool.

@Panda244 is absolutely correct when he said it is absurd that any class should be able to put all of their resources in one single stat and have effective sustain, damage, survival, and the ability to drop combat and run when they want.

THAT is exactly why people think that sorcs are OP atm. Their meta is overly simplified right now. This is not the case for ANY other class. Make them think a little bit about their build for heavens sakes!

This. I played a NB from the start and we were gimped until Cloak started getting fixed, I played a Dragonknight during the last month or so of their Sword/Board meta, I acknowledge the need for Reflect to be nerfed, I didn't agree with it, as anyone doesn't want the class they play to get nerfed, but I acknowledged it. Right now I'm agreeing with and acknowledging that Mass Hysteria needs to be nerfed, and my main is a Nightblade, Sorcerers are just... I don't know how to explain it, easy-mode for skilled players?

Drawing from the Stamina pool isn't a fix though @Sphinx2318 it forces them to be a hybrid and hybrid builds suck right now. I don't know what a good fix would be, but anyone that thinks Sorcerer's don't need to be tweaked to be brought on par with other classes is just defending the class they play the most, sadly there aren't many people that admit some abilities for their class are downright broken, such as me and Mass Hysteria. They all want easy AP and easy kills, I understand your die hard attitude to never let Sorcerers get nerfed @Ezareth I made a thread about Talons for the same reason, I don't know what to say, because nothing is going to get through that thick skull of yours. :confused:

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF