The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What do you think about sorcs.

• david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

however, I'm not sure if nerfing it will break the class. I don't think their DPS is too high, I just that the combination of instant non critable, full strength shields, 8 sec cc immunity, and complete freedom of maneuver on the battlefield is simple to much.

What's the 8 second CC immunity coming from?

Templars are 'just slower... by design'
    Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Panda244 wrote: »
    Sphinx2318 wrote: »
    Easiest fix to sorc problem ever: make bolt escape draw from stamina pool instead of magicka pool.

@Panda244 is absolutely correct when he said it is absurd that any class should be able to put all of their resources in one single stat and have effective sustain, damage, survival, and the ability to drop combat and run when they want.

THAT is exactly why people think that sorcs are OP atm. Their meta is overly simplified right now. This is not the case for ANY other class. Make them think a little bit about their build for heavens sakes!

This. I played a NB from the start and we were gimped until Cloak started getting fixed, I played a Dragonknight during the last month or so of their Sword/Board meta, I acknowledge the need for Reflect to be nerfed, I didn't agree with it, as anyone doesn't want the class they play to get nerfed, but I acknowledged it. Right now I'm agreeing with and acknowledging that Mass Hysteria needs to be nerfed, and my main is a Nightblade, Sorcerers are just... I don't know how to explain it, easy-mode for skilled players?

Drawing from the Stamina pool isn't a fix though @Sphinx2318 it forces them to be a hybrid and hybrid builds suck right now. I don't know what a good fix would be, but anyone that thinks Sorcerer's don't need to be tweaked to be brought on par with other classes is just defending the class they play the most, sadly there aren't many people that admit some abilities for their class are downright broken, such as me and Mass Hysteria. They all want easy AP and easy kills, I understand your die hard attitude to never let Sorcerers get nerfed @Ezareth I made a thread about Talons for the same reason, I don't know what to say, because nothing is going to get through that thick skull of yours. :confused:

You're wrong.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • Sphinx2318
    Sphinx2318
    ✭✭✭✭
    Erock25 wrote: »
    Easiest fix to sorc problem ever: make bolt escape draw from stamina pool instead of magicka pool.

@Panda244 is absolutely correct when he said it is absurd that any class should be able to put all of their resources in one single stat and have effective sustain, damage, survival, and the ability to drop combat and run when they want.

THAT is exactly why people think that sorcs are OP atm. Their meta is overly simplified right now. This is not the case for ANY other class. Make them think a little bit about their build for heavens sakes!

This. I played a NB from the start and we were gimped until Cloak started getting fixed, I played a Dragonknight during the last month or so of their Sword/Board meta, I acknowledge the need for Reflect to be nerfed, I didn't agree with it, as anyone doesn't want the class they play to get nerfed, but I acknowledged it. Right now I'm agreeing with and acknowledging that Mass Hysteria needs to be nerfed, and my main is a Nightblade, Sorcerers are just... I don't know how to explain it, easy-mode for skilled players?

Drawing from the Stamina pool isn't a fix though @Sphinx2318 it forces them to be a hybrid and hybrid builds suck right now. I don't know what a good fix would be, but anyone that thinks Sorcerer's don't need to be tweaked to be brought on par with other classes is just defending the class they play the most, sadly there aren't many people that admit some abilities for their class are downright broken, such as me and Mass Hysteria. They all want easy AP and easy kills, I understand your die hard attitude to never let Sorcerers get nerfed @Ezareth I made a thread about Talons for the same reason, I don't know what to say, because nothing is going to get through that thick skull of yours. :confused:

You're wrong.

Aaaaaaand........... Erock confirmed sorc. @Panda244 there is no reasoning with them bro.
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

This seems pretty dumb. Guts magicka end of sorc while doing what to the stam side?

FENGRUSH predicts shields will be the first thing being addressed.
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You're wrong.

Aaaaaaand........... Erock confirmed sorc. @Panda244 there is no reasoning with them bro.

Yea me and a guy in my PvE guild were laughing about it the other day, we were trying to be sensible in a sorcerer argument and we decided to just stop talking.

The two sorcerers ranting back at us didn't shut up for another 2 minutes... And we hadn't even replied. :wink:

@Gorthax :heart::heart::heart::heart:
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • Sphinx2318
    Sphinx2318
    ✭✭✭✭
    FENGRUSH wrote: »

This seems pretty dumb. Guts magicka end of sorc while doing what to the stam side?

Shield stacking is just fine. Any class can shield stack and this is absolutely NOT a sorc thing.

The stam suggestion would ONLY limit the times they could bolt away limiting their radius of escape and not totally derail the sorc class. They could still kite but would not be able to bolt escape from Drakelowe to Brindle. I'm not saying it was the best idea ever in history, but it was a thought in the direction of change at least.

To me it seems like a very minimal change that brings sorcs completely in line with reasonable play. It might force some sorcs to put some stats into something other than magicka (which is my main issue: the lack of build variety for the class atm). Its time to bring back the sorc meta toward the center of the spectrum and not allow them to stack all eggs in one basket and still be so strong.
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Shield stacking is just fine. Any class can shield stack and this is absolutely NOT a sorc thing.

The stam suggestion would ONLY limit the times they could bolt away limiting their radius of escape and not totally derail the sorc class. They could still kite but would not be able to bolt escape from Drakelowe to Brindle. I'm not saying it was the best idea ever in history, but it was a thought in the direction of change at least.

To me it seems like a very minimal change that brings sorcs completely in line with reasonable play. It might force some sorcs to put some stats into something other than magicka (which is my main issue: the lack of build variety for the class atm). Its time to bring back the sorc meta toward the center of the spectrum and not allow them to stack all eggs in one basket and still be so strong.

Ok so when they buff stam sorcs and then you have them rolling and BoLing you will come here complaining again. Its a bad idea.

FENGRUSH never said shield stacking is a sorc thing. FENGRUSH didnt mention shield stacking at all actually, just shields in general. FENGRUSH didnt comment on the sorc issue really - just making a prediction on where 'fixes' may be applied that will impact this issue.

Youre all wasting time complaining of balance. Your input is not valued by those who should care.
  • Itoq
    Itoq
    ✭✭✭✭
    In general I am not a fan of artificial arenas or dueling areas much but this game needs them - and Cyrodiil really is a big artificial battleground anyways.

Too many skills do not work as one might think they do. For the player on the receiving end, visual and especially audio cues for skills in this game are lackluster. The UI lacks many features that would help players understand what is happening in pvp.

Your average player's overall understanding of classes and skills is shaped mostly from being burst down in less than one second and being steamrolled by twenty players juiced up by a run buff and spamming aoe's.

These are not good ways to learn other classes in any game. Dueling areas and mechanisms in ESO is long overdue.

• Sphinx2318
    Sphinx2318
    ✭✭✭✭

Ok so when they buff stam sorcs and then you have them rolling and BoLing you will come here complaining again. Its a bad idea.

FENGRUSH never said shield stacking is a sorc thing. FENGRUSH didnt mention shield stacking at all actually, just shields in general. FENGRUSH didnt comment on the sorc issue really - just making a prediction on where 'fixes' may be applied that will impact this issue.

Youre all wasting time complaining of balance. Your input is not valued by those who should care.

Did i sound like i was complaining? only suggestions brah
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Did i sound like i was complaining? only suggestions brah

Not meant to be directed at you - just mean the threads all over in general. A lot of people share the same sentiment. Unfortunately voicing concerns falls on deaf ears. But many continue to fight the battle!
  • SturgeHammer
    SturgeHammer
    ✭✭✭✭
    My ideal build for my sorcerer on this game, from a flavor and mechanical stand point, is a melee fighter(2h) that empowers (surge) their weapon to do big damage then get out fast (streak/bol) while giving up defensive stats. All of these pieces are available and are extremely fun to play, but massively underwhelming in damage and survivability compared to other sorc builds. It's my hope that ZOS actually buffs this style of sorc play. Sorcerers can be underpowered, so lumping all sorcs together isn't exactly giving the fringe a fair shake.
    First-in-Line - Swings-for-Lethal
    Green-Thumb - Scale-Factor
    Hist-Tree-Major - A-Late-One
    Needs-Some-Help - Dead-Last
  • Pancake-Tragedy
    Pancake-Tragedy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    57424382.jpg
    Pancake Tragedy - Sorcerer
  • filmoretub17_ESO
    filmoretub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    eliisra wrote: »
    Should probably add "in PvP" to the topic. Sorcerers are still underpowered in PvE, even more so now with the stamina meta for dps and nerf to Negate. While they still have the least potential for tanking or healing roles.

Magicka sorcerers are really good in PvP for sure, but you need to specify that's what the topic is about or you get overrun by unhappy sorc PvE'ers.

Since the topic is in the PVP class forum people are to assume it is talking about pvp skills and not pve.
    Derra wrote: »
    Stupid poll is stupid. No underpowered option. No "other i will elaborate" option...

LOL @ underpowered, If I put that on the poll people woulda thought this was nothing but a troll thread.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sorcs are no more OP than any other class in the hands of someone who has figured out (or read) a build and rotation that takes advantage what is available in the game. Not EVERY Sorc is OP. Just as not every NB or DK is OP. There are just better players in the game. Aside from that, this thread seems to direct, once again, towards PVP. without explicitly stating that is where the problem seems to be. That's hardly fair, first to Sorcs in PVE, and second, to every Sorc who is more into having fun and has neither the skill or inclination to be a PVP top dog.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Pancake-Tragedy
    Pancake-Tragedy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    ...Aside from that, this thread seems to direct, once again, towards PVP. without explicitly stating that is where the problem seems to be. That's hardly fair, first to Sorcs in PVE, and second, to every Sorc who is more into having fun and has neither the skill or inclination to be a PVP top dog.

Well this is the PvP Combat section.
    Edited by Pancake-Tragedy on April 16, 2015 8:03PM
    Pancake Tragedy - Sorcerer
  • Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I think... is that they get no action or sloppy seconds at best.
  • bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    a majority of sorc builds are underpowered, its just one or two that excell in pvp, even then they have glaring weaknesses that result in a quick death.

sorcs are balanced.

on another note, i found a templar ganker the other day, i watched him and another vr14 battle it out for near on 30 min. there is something wrong there
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    a majority of sorc builds are underpowered, its just one or two that excell in pvp, even then they have glaring weaknesses that result in a quick death.

sorcs are balanced.

on another note, i found a templar ganker the other day, i watched him and another vr14 battle it out for near on 30 min. there is something wrong there

I agree with your first point, and find your third one describes the current state of the game well. But if most sorc builds are underpowered, wouldn't the class as a whole not be balanced, or is it you feel that the few builds that are preforming well make up for that?
  • BrassRazoo
    BrassRazoo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Talk about a lopsided Poll.
    Just delete it and try again.
    By the way, Light Armour sucks.
    Edited by BrassRazoo on April 16, 2015 10:18PM
  • glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭

You're wrong.
    Shield scale off of health, then we'll agree.
  • filmoretub17_ESO
    filmoretub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    BrassRazoo wrote: »

Well if you want me to add sorcs are underpowered this poll is an example of how ridiculous the thought is. Considering that over 60% of the votes are people who play sorcs. Why is one class played 60% of the time when it should only be played 25% of the time? Next you notice that the last option is just a null vote. Because people who play a certain class will rarely be honest about how powerful they are. Yet there is an overwhelming amount of people who do not play sorcs and claim they are overpowered and only a handful who claim that they are not. And even more convincing that almost 33% of the people who play sorcs are admitting that they are too powerful. So 71% of people who do not play sorcs are claiming they are too strong. If you analyze the poll properly you see that in order to properly balance pvp something has to be done with and about sorcs.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BrassRazoo wrote: »

Well if you want me to add sorcs are underpowered this poll is an example of how ridiculous the thought is. Considering that over 60% of the votes are people who play sorcs. Why is one class played 60% of the time when it should only be played 25% of the time? Next you notice that the last option is just a null vote. Because people who play a certain class will rarely be honest about how powerful they are. Yet there is an overwhelming amount of people who do not play sorcs and claim they are overpowered and only a handful who claim that they are not. And even more convincing that almost 33% of the people who play sorcs are admitting that they are too powerful. So 71% of people who do not play sorcs are claiming they are too strong. If you analyze the poll properly you see that in order to properly balance pvp something has to be done with and about sorcs.

There are a few things you should keep in mind...

- The title indicates a Sorcs thread, one, that might to welcome players, who don't play Sorc, but will still attract Sorcerers more than anyone.
    - You can play more than one class in this game, if you have several classes you would still vote for one of the "I play sorcs..." option.
    - To get the best idea about wether a class is balanced or not you need to play different classes, including the one in question, yourself - if Sorc is rather balanced than overpowered, it wouldn't be surprising that more players who do play the class are of that opinion, would it?
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP5 wrote: »

sorcs are balanced.

I agree with your first point, and find your third one describes the current state of the game well. But if most sorc builds are underpowered, wouldn't the class as a whole not be balanced, or is it you feel that the few builds that are preforming well make up for that?

your right, it is a fine line. problem is, what is overpowered or underpowered in pvp can be underpowered or overpowered in pve. They are two different beasts, and trying to balance one without taking into account the other is what is ruining this game. Well that, plus the lack of content updates. If we dont get a dlc a month after console launch, i will probably just write zos off completely
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I trust Ezareths "Sorc" word detector led him here:)
  • golfer.dub17_ESO
    golfer.dub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    You've designed a class that is annoying to play and annoying to play against.

Annoying to play because from what I've heard they have mediocre damage output (aside from a few exceptions) and terrible pets.

Annoying to play against because even if you have a group of twenty they can still escape by blinking for miles while stacking shields.

Not calling for a nerf or a buff. They just need to be reworked entirely...
    Edited by golfer.dub17_ESO on April 17, 2015 8:42PM
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Every stamina dps build can do exactly the same.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• k2blader
    k2blader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »

Cody, I think you missed my sock poll. I am disappoint.

Disabling the grass may improve performance.
  • TheElementalPlatypus
    Sorcs aren't OP, all other magic builds just dont even compare...
    Stamina is OP if anything...
    Infinite roll dodge
    3k weapon damage
    10k CRIT charge MINIMUM

IF they change vigor to alliance rank 5... inb4 re-roll stamina NB

Also one thing the stamblade nerf is inevtiable... more and more people are using it... 3k wep dmg and 3k stam regen... higher on a bosmer

1 Sentence
    Magic builds that are not sorc are so underpowered that they qq about sorcs.

TO STAMINA... if you run into all 5 of are mines chances are you should be killed... as any COMPETENT person knows if you run into those... they hurt...

• Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »

It was actually my Spidey Sense.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • filmoretub17_ESO
    filmoretub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Sorcs aren't OP, all other magic builds just dont even compare...
    Stamina is OP if anything...
    Infinite roll dodge
    3k weapon damage
    10k CRIT charge MINIMUM

IF they change vigor to alliance rank 5... inb4 re-roll stamina NB

Also one thing the stamblade nerf is inevtiable... more and more people are using it... 3k wep dmg and 3k stam regen... higher on a bosmer

1 Sentence
    Magic builds that are not sorc are so underpowered that they qq about sorcs.

TO STAMINA... if you run into all 5 of are mines chances are you should be killed... as any COMPETENT person knows if you run into those... they hurt...

But, I have put over 1k hours into cyrodiil and the sorc is the only class that is giving me a really hard time. Those other classes and builds are good but nothing as nasty as the sorc builds. Sorc has the ability to absorb 20k damage then cast a spell and absorb another 10k like its nothing. Then they can blink and stun anyone around them and draw all magical projectiles away. Then they can cast a few spells that will hit you for 10k damage each. You are forgetting that they can just recast the shield once its down. Bottom line they are too powerful right now and anyone should be able to see that.