The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

What about making dyes purchaseable with crowns?

ShadowHvo
ShadowHvo
✭✭✭✭✭
As the title says. As a roleplayer I would love to get the ability to flat out buy a dye which I need to make my perfect roleplaying outfit. The current problem with the system is that some of the dyes are so extremely hard to get for players who don't particularly take joy in certain activites.

My idea is merely that, when browsing the dyes it would be cool to be able to click a locked dye, and get the option to flat out buy that single dye for crowns. That should not grant the player the achievement which is normally associated with the dye, but ONLY give them the dye, and nothing else. Which means that they will still not get the achievement for prestige, nor an increase in achievement points.

My proposal for a fair pricing:
Commen dyes: 100 crowns
Uncommen dyes: 500 crowns
Rare dyes: 1000 crowns

My suggestion is to still have the dyes be fairly expensive, so the players have weight on the option between "Ok, should I wait and get this through the achievement, where I also will get the achievement itself plus additional achievement points? .. Or should I use a hefty amount of crowns on this, but missing out on the achievement and achievement points?"

Thats just my honest idea to further give Zenimax a good way to earn some cash from us, the players. As well as allowing us players to look like we truly want to without having to grind for months in activities we despise.
Nighren - The Shadow Striker
Leader of Bloodlines
-- EU --

Want to roleplay in elder scrolls online? Check out eso-rp.com
  • AvalonSkye
    AvalonSkye
    ✭✭✭
    A Big Fat NO
  • Exstazik
    Exstazik
    ✭✭✭✭
    what about add crowns to people for achievements:
    -dungeon=200 crowns
    -fishing =1000 each
    -collectiables=1000 each
    and etc. etc.
  • ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PEOPLE STOP TRYING TO MONETIZE THINGS
    Gore-of-the-Forest Argonian Nightblade
    Wode Earthrender Breton Dragonknight
    Ceol the Last Baron Redguard Dragonknight
    Wayra High Elf Sorceress
    Erebain Salothran Dark Elf Templar
    Rituals-of-the-Forest Argonian Warden
  • Govalon
    Govalon
    ✭✭✭✭
    NO. The cash shop already sapps LOT of fun out of this game. This is another cash shop item that would remove one reason to play a game. I like working towards obtaining as many colours as possible. Bypassing all this content with money makes me disgusted. Even thinking about it makes me really mad. The cash shop has ruined enough, lets not make it any worse.
    Edited by Govalon on April 16, 2015 12:25PM
  • ItsGlaive
    ItsGlaive
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of all of te suggestions I've heard, this I think is probably the most reasonable and most inconsequential. Wouldn't mind this if it meant ZOS stopped selling off more important parts of the game economy like the motifs.
    Allow cross-platform transfers and merges
  • drackonir
    drackonir
    ✭✭✭
    you guys will be able to buy tiger mount, I for a change want to buy a rare dye.

Sounds perfectly fair to me. B)
    "Even Gods dislike the absolute, for it stinks of something larger than themselves."
    Sotha Sil
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a ZOS sticky asking for suggestions. Go post there so your opinions are recorded
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Jaxsun
    Jaxsun
    ✭✭✭✭
    All you Rockefellers that keep suggesting things for the crown store, please stop. Don't give them any more ideas on how to nickel and dime us.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, there are so many colors that are very close to each other, and so much variation with how one color looks on different material, that if they tried to offer dyes for Crowns, it would not work. People would not get value for the purchase.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • MercyKilling
    MercyKilling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ShadowHvo wrote: »
    My suggestion is to still have the dyes be fairly expensive, so the players have weight on the option between "Ok, should I wait and get this through the achievement, where I also will get the achievement itself plus additional achievement points? .. Or should I use a hefty amount of crowns on this, but missing out on the achievement and achievement points?"

Well, as you say, there is an achievement and ACHIEVEMENT POINTS. Far better to actually USE those points to...oh...I don't know...PURCHASE DYES?

I suggested this back when dyes were first announced, and Zeni completely glossed over the suggestion. As well as quite a few forum goers. Perhaps now it bears more weight.
    I am not spending a single penny on the game until changes are made to the game that I want to see.
    1) Remove having to be in a guild to sell items to other players at a kiosk.
    2) Cosmetic modding for armor and clothing.
    3) Difficulty slider.
    4) Fully customizable player housing that isn't tied to anything in the game other than having the correct resources and enough gold to build. Don't tie it to PvP, guild membership, or anything at all. Oh, make it instanced so as not to take up world map space, too. Zeni screwed this one up already.
    Any /one/ of these things implemented would get me spending again, maybe even subbing.
  • ThisOnePosts
    ThisOnePosts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or what about, customizable titles? I really enjoyed a lot of them however now all of them are way common enough.. you'd think this would be achievable via Guilds but it's just not in the game. Obviously they'd have to adhere to TOS and have character limits, etc.. (also nothing annoying like CaPitAliZaTioN <-- like that.. maybe just capitalization between words).

That would actually be something to add at least semi-uniqueness to the game again with titles. I'm tired of seeing Blahblah Hero, Master Wizard, Fighters Guild Victor, Former Emperor, Master Angler, now Boethiah's Scythe is everywhere, Deadland's Adept is starting to pop up a lot, and sure a few PVP rank titles aren't super common yet -- it's only a matter of time.

We need some uniqueness in our title system and the crown store is a great way to introduce it since it has no effect on gameplay.
    Edited by ThisOnePosts on April 16, 2015 8:24PM
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Couldnt have said it better.

Why not leaving the dyes where theY are, attached to achievements you CANT BUY in the crownstore.
  • jkemmery
    jkemmery
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't like this idea. It minimizes the effort someone put in to completing an achievement and unlocking the color. I like that I can literally wear my accomplishments on my sleeve. Buying colors to me is like the guys in the Army who would buy patches and medals that they didn't earn. We called the "PX Rangers". (And if you got caught wearing something you didn't earn you could get busted down in rank.) I would probably quit playing if suddenly the world of ESO was flooded with a bunch of low level "PX Rangers" sporting the Cold Harbor Ash Black, Red Diamond Red and Master Gold that I earned.
  • Lifsteinn
    Lifsteinn
    ✭✭✭
    Why not? This is just colors, cosmetic, not a big deal.
    If they continue allow you to obtain this with normal gameplay, it is fine!

I would probably not buy, but I'm not against selling anything pure cosmetic.
  • Jaxsun
    Jaxsun
    ✭✭✭✭
    Exstazik wrote: »
    what about add crowns to people for achievements:
    -dungeon=200 crowns
    -fishing =1000 each
    -collectiables=1000 each
    and etc. etc.

I like this. LOTRO has a similar system. You get cash shop points for completing deeds(achievements).
  • ShadowHvo
    ShadowHvo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why? This is not like the pets nor mounts where you can only get them through the store. Here it is offered to earn it INGAME or spend a stupid high amount of cash to get a SINGLE colour, without getting the achievement OR achievement points.
    Govalon wrote: »
    NO. The cash shop already sapps LOT of fun out of this game. This is another cash shop item that would remove one reason to play a game. I like working towards obtaining as many colours as possible. Bypassing all this content with money makes me disgusted. Even thinking about it makes me really mad. The cash shop has ruined enough, lets not make it any worse.

No? It adds to the reason to play the game "the way you want to". The current system forces you into activities you do not enjoy to partake in, but you're forced because you want one of the dyes to finalize your perfect armor. Don't pretend this is an instant level up, we're talking of buying a over-priced colour to your armor, nothing more and nothing less.
    There is a ZOS sticky asking for suggestions. Go post there so your opinions are recorded

My apologize, I did not realize that, I'll have it posted there. Thank you very much for that!

Jaxsun wrote: »
    All you Rockefellers that keep suggesting things for the crown store, please stop. Don't give them any more ideas on how to nickel and dime us.

As with the first guy I answered to beforehand, this is a way for those of us who do not wish to grind for months without end in either PvP or PvE just to get the single dye we need in order to finalize our roleplaying gear. The way I proposed this is in such a way that you would ultimately get a higher reward by earning it ingame by completing the associated achievement, but that those who don't have the time, nor the patience to grind for months in activities they don't want can just flat out purchase it for an overpriced price if they so desire.
    Honestly, there are so many colors that are very close to each other, and so much variation with how one color looks on different material, that if they tried to offer dyes for Crowns, it would not work. People would not get value for the purchase.

Well yes, we would? Thats why we want the dyes to begin with, to finalize, and make our dream character outfits and armor combinations. Yes, many dyes "looks" the same, but they'rent
    Lifsteinn wrote: »
    Why not? This is just colors, cosmetic, not a big deal.
    If they continue allow you to obtain this with normal gameplay, it is fine!

I would probably not buy, but I'm not against selling anything pure cosmetic.

Precisely!
    Leader of Bloodlines
    -- EU --

• coryevans_3b14_ESO
    coryevans_3b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They really need to start selling auto boost to v14 and all champ points. Also, please add "research" purchases so i can make 9 trait sets with out all that silly time invested actually playing the game. Thank you :)
  • ShadowHvo
    ShadowHvo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They really need to start selling auto boost to v14 and all champ points. Also, please add "research" purchases so i can make 9 trait sets with out all that silly time invested actually playing the game. Thank you :)

Please go away, dyes have NOTHING to do with character progression beyond being cosmetic.
    Leader of Bloodlines
    -- EU --

• Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭

THIS.

You know the community is screwed when there are a handful of people trying to ruin everything.

Please go away, dyes have NOTHING to do with character progression beyond being cosmetic.

Except they are directly tied to achievements...
    Edited by Zershar_Vemod on April 16, 2015 1:07PM
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • jkemmery
    jkemmery
    ✭✭✭✭

Except that it's a way to distinguish yourself from the crowd. When I first saw a character in an awesome red suit of armor I though "How can I get that?" and set about completing the Fighter's Guild quests to earn it. Please leave some things that are "cosmetic" but earned outside the realm of being able to purchase for cash.
  • ShadowHvo
    ShadowHvo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jkemmery wrote: »

Except that it's a way to distinguish yourself from the crowd. When I first saw a character in an awesome red suit of armor I though "How can I get that?" and set about completing the Fighter's Guild quests to earn it. Please leave some things that are "cosmetic" but earned outside the realm of being able to purchase for cash.

Thats what you have high-end PvP and PvE gear for, which has unique styles. We're talking of a dye, nothing more.
    Leader of Bloodlines
    -- EU --

• Raash
    Raash
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gw2 dye system was awesome, ESOs? Not so much. There are literally to few and to boring colors so I dont see that they would sell very well.
  • jkemmery
    jkemmery
    ✭✭✭✭
    jkemmery wrote: »

Thats what you have high-end PvP and PvE gear for, which has unique styles. We're talking of a dye, nothing more.

Really? Can you really tell a Calcinium Redguard cuirass from an Iron Redguard cuirass if they are both dyed the same color? Most people won't notice a difference.
  • asteldian
    asteldian
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jaxsun wrote: »

Which is good - because the more BS inconsequential rubbish we can get on their store to make money, the longer it will take before they feel the need to add actual gear that matters onto the store.
  • MCMancub
    MCMancub
    ✭✭✭✭
    One of the main purposes of the cash shop is for ZOS to find ways to monetize aspects of the game without affecting gameplay. Cosmetics are probably the primary way of doing that. Dyes do nothing for you other than alter the way you look. If you can purchase costumes, why shouldn't you be able to purchase dyes? Just because they're currently only accessible via achievements? Maybe the current system is wrong...
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Couldnt have said it better.

Why not leaving the dyes where theY are, attached to achievements you CANT BUY in the crownstore.
    All of the requests to put all kinds of things in the crown store lately (with suggested inflated price points!) are getting to be quite tiresome.

But now that you can effectively buy the achievements for learning motifs (while unlocking the associated dyes for those achievements) by purchasing motifs in the crown store now, the precedent is set.

So I think it's only a matter of time before we see things like this, especially now that it's been confirmed that some people are willing to throw fat stacks of cash at ZOS for it.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • Alphashado
    Alphashado
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Trivialize another thing that used to require some effort. Yeah. Ok.

It is becoming very clear to me now. All of the people that complain about the subscription model aren't really opposed to paying $15 a month. They are opposed to effort. I'm beginning to believe it has nothing to do with money and everything to do with getting everything in the game w/o earning it.

Every thread like this just pushes me an inch closer to the uninstall button.
  • hiyde
    hiyde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't agree with this - but I'd prefer it to motifs in the cash shop. At least the in-game economy isn't affected.
    @Hiyde GM/Founder - Bleakrock Barter Co (Trade Guild - PC/NA) | Blackbriar Barter Co (Trade Guild-PC/NA)
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alphashado wrote: »

It is becoming very clear to me now. All of the people that complain about the subscription model aren't really opposed to paying $15 a month. They are opposed to effort. I'm beginning to believe it has nothing to do with money and everything to do with getting everything in the game w/o earning it.

Good post.

Honestly that is a sound possible reason for all these "Put it on the Crown Store !!!!" threads.
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Alphashado wrote: »

Amen Alpha