Maintenance for the week of May 28:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 28
• PC/Mac: North American and European megaservers for patch maintenance – May 29, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC)
• Xbox One: North American and European megaservers for maintenance – May 30, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®4: North American and European megaservers for maintenance – May 30, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 30, 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Take the meteor pledge

Tavore1138
Tavore1138
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I've been on 3 campaigns in the last 4 days, the constant everywhere is meteor spamming lag monkeys on all 3 sides.

I think it is safe to say ZOS have neither the will nor the skill to fix the problems they have introduced to our PvP so I would suggest we need to police ourselves and each other and all 3 alliances take the pledge to drop use of meteor and see if that reduces or removes some of the lag.

All guilds agree not to use it as ours has already done and if people do then tell them not to.

I get that it is an easy way for the unskilled players to 'win' but if serious guilds in all three alliances agree not only not to use it but also to refuse to help any person or group that does use it after a polite warning then we might get this game back to play.

C'mon people! Take the pledge!

Don't use meteor!,

GM - Malazan
Raid Leader - Legio Mortuum
Veteran- The Daggerfall Authority
  • NotSo
    NotSo
    ✭✭✭✭
    The real test would be to get a large group involved in coordinated and specific skill spamming to see what skills make the latency and performance plunge.

    Though I don't know why ZOS can't simply command a mass of x skill spam.

    Really need to push the limits, you know?
    Gar'Sol the Wanderer VR14 Khajiit Sorcerer Spellblade
  • pppontus
    pppontus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't even count the amount of "/yell stop spamming meteor you're lagging the server out" I've done in keep fights. No one listens, and everyone gets a bad experience.

    Daggerfall Covenant [EU]
    Sosgaardiil VR14 Breton NB | Staada VR14 Breton Templar | Starstalker VR14 Altmer DK
    Kaalkrojun VR14 Breton Sorc | Mírage VR14 Imperial NB | Evelíne VR1 Imperial DK
    Lilíja VR14 Bosmer Templar Former Empress of Blackwater Blade
    Evelíne II VR1 Altmer Sorc Former Empress of Blackwater Blade

    Templar Empress PvP | VCoA - The Crazy Tactic | Templar PvP Mayhem | Revenge of the Sorcerer Empress
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Domander wrote: »
    I don't think Meteor causes the lag, I think what you see is players trying to use an ultimate and the server is so lagged already that the ultimate won't fire, but everyone will still hear the effect. (so everyone is assuming it's meteor)

    Have you seen 12 dozen banners? I have, now think if those banners made some sort of noise. Everyone would be like "Don't use banner" bla bla bla.

    Lag is the cause, not meteor.

    Meteor probably plays a large part in it. And who would be surprised they have overdone it a bit with their animations when inventing a new one... that is actually exactly what I would expect since the lighting patch.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

    Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 48 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    the meteor spam is a huge issue, to be sure.

    hence, if it does not stop, I propose that y'all all role shields and/or DKs for a week or two, and make heavy use of scales and DP.

    discourage meteors use.

    Just an opinion from an old PVP vet:)
    Edited by Cody on April 16, 2015 2:49AM
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I pledge to wait until my latency is above 9001 and then use meteor.
    Edited by timidobserver on April 16, 2015 2:55AM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

  • Kromus
    Kromus
    ✭✭✭
    Meteor and caltrops spamming, along with groups balling up in one spot are 3 main reasons for huge lags. Meteor mechanic needs serious rework in term of simplification of spell as it is multi-phased ability with a lot of calculations to be made by server for each phase (initial ring on target with animation, sound, falling from sky, hitting, knocking etc.). It does look great, but servers can't handle it, like a chassis of small car when you put some v8 in it.
  • Yoven
    Yoven
    ✭✭✭

    All guilds agree not to use it as ours has already done and if people do then tell them not to.

    I get that it is an easy way for the unskilled players to 'win'

    #GuildProblems #I'm2Cool4Ultimates #IThinkICanTellOtherPeopleWhatToDo

    Get a life.. go fish in Cyrodiil. LMFAO

    Peace.
  • bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This sounds like the no 'nade spamming pledge from the infamous Crossfire map from Call of Duty 4.

    Uh...didn't work folks ;)
  • pppontus
    pppontus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yoven wrote: »

    All guilds agree not to use it as ours has already done and if people do then tell them not to.

    I get that it is an easy way for the unskilled players to 'win'

    #GuildProblems #I'm2Cool4Ultimates #IThinkICanTellOtherPeopleWhatToDo

    Get a life.. go fish in Cyrodiil. LMFAO

    Peace.

    #easywayfortheunskilledplayerstowin

    No peace
    Daggerfall Covenant [EU]
    Sosgaardiil VR14 Breton NB | Staada VR14 Breton Templar | Starstalker VR14 Altmer DK
    Kaalkrojun VR14 Breton Sorc | Mírage VR14 Imperial NB | Evelíne VR1 Imperial DK
    Lilíja VR14 Bosmer Templar Former Empress of Blackwater Blade
    Evelíne II VR1 Altmer Sorc Former Empress of Blackwater Blade

    Templar Empress PvP | VCoA - The Crazy Tactic | Templar PvP Mayhem | Revenge of the Sorcerer Empress
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »
    Domander wrote: »
    I don't think Meteor causes the lag, I think what you see is players trying to use an ultimate and the server is so lagged already that the ultimate won't fire, but everyone will still hear the effect. (so everyone is assuming it's meteor)

    Have you seen 12 dozen banners? I have, now think if those banners made some sort of noise. Everyone would be like "Don't use banner" bla bla bla.

    Lag is the cause, not meteor.

    Meteor probably plays a large part in it. And who would be surprised they have overdone it a bit with their animations when inventing a new one... that is actually exactly what I would expect since the lighting patch.

    The lighting did not cause the problem, in fact the lighting changes are all still in the game and they fixed the 1-2 fps problem people were having in Cyrodiil at 1.2 patch.

    The problem was with some new anti cheat code they added to the client, that eventually bogged down performance.

    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/de/discussion/118351/new-performance-fps-issues-hotfix/p5

    The fact people still think it is the lighting that caused the problem is a prime example of how people will generally just jump on the easiest explanation without any real knowledge of what the problem is.
  • Keron
    Keron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I will not take that pledge. Why? Well, because of reasons.

    I play solo. Whether there is a friendly group fighting around me or not, does not interest me, I'm always ungrouped when in Cyrodiil. I use Meteor when defending a keep, in situations where there is a huge "packed group" rushing through a breach, especially on inner keep defense. I have my trusty fire ballista and the Ice Comet. I target the meteor on someone within the horde, where the tell isn't readily visible, then shoot the ballista. Usually, the two hit close enough so I kill a good number of that horde, through the shields, purge spam, healing springs, rapid maneuvres and whatnot.

    I don't do that, I may as well lay down in front of them and suck their willies until they roll over me. There, now pour the hate as much as you want. Give me a stamina variant of the magicka detonation, and we can talk. Give me any other alternative for a horde-buster, and we can talk.

    As it is right now? No talk.
    Unless explicitly stated otherwise, I am expressing my personal opinion in any and all my posts. If you don't like it, tough luck, but that will for sure not make me change it.
    If you think your opinion is more valid than mine, try to convince me. Be prepared that I don't fall for stupidity or illogicality. Name-calling, ad hominem, finickiness and other similar strategies will get you ignored and nothing else.
    12 Chars, 3 Factions, all classes.

  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. I'm sorry, but the meteor / Valkyn Skoria set have just become the newest favorite hypotheses to explain the lag ever since the AOE cap theory lost it's appeal with 1.6. Ask anyone who has played in Wabbajack, long before the Valkyn Skoria set ever saw the light of day and nobody used the pre 1.6 meteor ultimate because it was bad, and they will tell you of lag. And unlike your grandfather's stories about heading to school and having to go up hills both to and from, the pre-meteor lag is actually true.
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yoven wrote: »

    All guilds agree not to use it as ours has already done and if people do then tell them not to.

    I get that it is an easy way for the unskilled players to 'win'

    #GuildProblems #I'm2Cool4Ultimates #IThinkICanTellOtherPeopleWhatToDo

    Get a life.. go fish in Cyrodiil. LMFAO

    Peace.

    Nope just suggesting something not telling you or anyone else what to do 'cos... not your mom.

    Not saying I am not judging the kind of person you are on the basis of your response though.
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Legio Mortuum
    Veteran- The Daggerfall Authority
  • Kupoking
    Kupoking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I use meteor and it gets reflected in small skimishes it sometime freeze of messes up my FPS.
    sorry for mispells and typos, I have been blessed of not having english as 1st language and posting on my cellphone most of the time with auto correct.
    http://imgur.com/E3zWjiR
  • PeggymoeXD
    PeggymoeXD
    ✭✭✭✭
    This isn't entirely relevant, but why does everyone love meteor so much anyway? I've probably died to meteor only a handful of times since 1.6, because so many people fail to realize it can be reflected.

    There are actually battles where I hope someone tries to meteor me, just so I can watch them die to their own attack.
    Edited by PeggymoeXD on April 17, 2015 9:55AM
    Kitty DK

    Învictus
    Sun's Death
    EPHS

    - Peggy Moe - Look Mom No Emp Buff - Chalman - Linda the Zookeeper -
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No. I'm sorry, but the meteor / Valkyn Skoria set have just become the newest favorite hypotheses to explain the lag ever since the AOE cap theory lost it's appeal with 1.6. Ask anyone who has played in Wabbajack, long before the Valkyn Skoria set ever saw the light of day and nobody used the pre 1.6 meteor ultimate because it was bad, and they will tell you of lag. And unlike your grandfather's stories about heading to school and having to go up hills both to and from, the pre-meteor lag is actually true.

    This^
    It was happening long before Meteor was popular.
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

    PC/NA
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PeggymoeXD wrote: »
    This isn't entirely relevant, but why does everyone love meteor so much anyway? I've probably died to meteor only a handful of times since 1.6, because so many people fail to realize it can be reflected.

    There are actually battles where I hope someone tries to meteor me, just so I can watch them die to their own attack.

    Because most players don't have reflect on their bar.
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No. I'm sorry, but the meteor / Valkyn Skoria set have just become the newest favorite hypotheses to explain the lag ever since the AOE cap theory lost it's appeal with 1.6. Ask anyone who has played in Wabbajack, long before the Valkyn Skoria set ever saw the light of day and nobody used the pre 1.6 meteor ultimate because it was bad, and they will tell you of lag. And unlike your grandfather's stories about heading to school and having to go up hills both to and from, the pre-meteor lag is actually true.

    I both agree and disagree.

    Yes - Lag has been around to greater or lesser degrees since quite early in the game and it was there before meteor became so popular. However ZOS have removed or reduced some of those causes either with code changes or with changes to make some skills less useful and thus less spammable.

    But - If you've been playing recently you can't help but notice that the sound of falling meteors always triggers a rise in latency/lag/ping times whatever you want to call it. I don't claim to be a coder but I speculate it is because it causes a heavy load in multiple ways - it is AOE so multiple damage targets to proc, it adds ulti per target hit so again multiple procs to compute, it causes targets to bounce up and fall back so both extra visual effects to proc plus fall damage to check for and proc, it has a fairly hefty basic visual anyway and so of all the AOEs it had possible the most intensive number of things to process when cast on a large group.

    So I don't think it is the sole cause of lag but you'd have to be living in a serious state of delusion to not connect the vastly increased incidence of meteors at least loosely with the increase of lag experienced at the same time.
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Legio Mortuum
    Veteran- The Daggerfall Authority
  • PeggymoeXD
    PeggymoeXD
    ✭✭✭✭
    PeggymoeXD wrote: »
    This isn't entirely relevant, but why does everyone love meteor so much anyway? I've probably died to meteor only a handful of times since 1.6, because so many people fail to realize it can be reflected.

    There are actually battles where I hope someone tries to meteor me, just so I can watch them die to their own attack.

    Because most players don't have reflect on their bar.

    I understand that, it just seems like there are better options than meteor when it comes to ultimates. I don't know, maybe I'm wrong. Personally an ultimate that has 0% chance of being used against me seems better than an ultimate with even a 1% chance of being used against me.
    Edited by PeggymoeXD on April 17, 2015 6:24PM
    Kitty DK

    Învictus
    Sun's Death
    EPHS

    - Peggy Moe - Look Mom No Emp Buff - Chalman - Linda the Zookeeper -
  • MiyaTheUnbroken
    MiyaTheUnbroken
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it's possible that many of the meteor graphics and sounds aren't actually from casted meteors.

    I got lagged out a couple weeks back, so I mashing buttons repeatedly out of frustration. When I started mashing meteor it went off maybe 8 times, possibly more. I don't wear that Valkyrie set or whatever that makes it cascade, but they just kept falling. It only dealt damage once though.

    Long story short, we may be seeing/hearing more meteors than the ones being cast.
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Playing a DK and reflex the meteor = more lag for the caster and very funny
  • Zhoyzu
    Zhoyzu
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wish i had meteor, but i dont so i cant even take this pledge... F these undaunted pledges!!!!
    Zhoyzu - Nightblade Alchemist (v15) RETIRED
    Has-No-Heart - Templar Enchanter (v4) FUBAR
    Ambadassador - Dragon knight (v1) Naked with no future
    Sakis Tolis - Sorceror (v10 in progress) Living Legend!
    Zselyka - Nightblade (noob) learning to play and build magicka from the ground up
    Creator of Khajiit fall dmg reduction racial passive concept.

    When people hate their country SO much they support people like trump.... RIP future.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. I'm sorry, but the meteor / Valkyn Skoria set have just become the newest favorite hypotheses to explain the lag ever since the AOE cap theory lost it's appeal with 1.6. Ask anyone who has played in Wabbajack, long before the Valkyn Skoria set ever saw the light of day and nobody used the pre 1.6 meteor ultimate because it was bad, and they will tell you of lag. And unlike your grandfather's stories about heading to school and having to go up hills both to and from, the pre-meteor lag is actually true.

    I both agree and disagree.

    Yes - Lag has been around to greater or lesser degrees since quite early in the game and it was there before meteor became so popular. However ZOS have removed or reduced some of those causes either with code changes or with changes to make some skills less useful and thus less spammable.

    But - If you've been playing recently you can't help but notice that the sound of falling meteors always triggers a rise in latency/lag/ping times whatever you want to call it. I don't claim to be a coder but I speculate it is because it causes a heavy load in multiple ways - it is AOE so multiple damage targets to proc, it adds ulti per target hit so again multiple procs to compute, it causes targets to bounce up and fall back so both extra visual effects to proc plus fall damage to check for and proc, it has a fairly hefty basic visual anyway and so of all the AOEs it had possible the most intensive number of things to process when cast on a large group.

    So I don't think it is the sole cause of lag but you'd have to be living in a serious state of delusion to not connect the vastly increased incidence of meteors at least loosely with the increase of lag experienced at the same time.

    Hmm...

    What exactly has ZoS changed or removed as far as causes of lag? You mean the deer and torchbugs? Or do you mean the note that comes in every other patch note about "fixing X that was causing lag in Cyrodiil." None of these has had any appreciable effect. If an Emperor keep is contested, it's a good bet there will be lag. The only tangible thing ZoS has done was reduce the population caps, but this also has not prevented the lag; merely lowered the amount of instances we suffer from it.

    You say "the sound of falling meteors always triggers a rise in latency/lag/ping times." No it doesn't. In fact, most of the time, I'd say 9 times out of 10, when I use meteor or it is used against me, the game runs fine and combat continues rather smoothly. And it does not have an inordinate amount of calculations to strain the server. A DK standard lasts longer, has a synergy that meteor does not that the server has to calculate for everyone eligible, does a healing debuff for all enemies inside that a meteor does not, increases the damage by a DK that a meteor does not, and has a boatload of calculations to perform if someone activates a synergy: damage to all enemies, undaunted passives and champion passives for the user, turning "off" the synergy eligibility for others, etc.

    It is when the server is already a lagfest do people notice bright flashes and distinctive sounds of constant meteors not triggering. But no ability or ultimate is being registered by the server even though we see the animation/hear the noise associated with them. I mean:

    standards_zpsvwztpgrj.jpg

    How have DK standards escaped scrutiny? It is possible that the meteors that people are complaining about are symptoms of the lagfest that is already there?

    To be clear, I *wish* I was wrong and meteors were really tanking the server. I really do. But until I see consistent evidence of contested Emperor Keep with 3 factions fighting with no lag and no meteors and the same sort of fight with lag and with meteors, then I am going to keep using that ultimate and keep using the Valkyn Skoria set because a 937 ping is just as miserable as a 951.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No. I'm sorry, but the meteor / Valkyn Skoria set have just become the newest favorite hypotheses to explain the lag ever since the AOE cap theory lost it's appeal with 1.6. Ask anyone who has played in Wabbajack, long before the Valkyn Skoria set ever saw the light of day and nobody used the pre 1.6 meteor ultimate because it was bad, and they will tell you of lag. And unlike your grandfather's stories about heading to school and having to go up hills both to and from, the pre-meteor lag is actually true.

    I both agree and disagree.

    Yes - Lag has been around to greater or lesser degrees since quite early in the game and it was there before meteor became so popular. However ZOS have removed or reduced some of those causes either with code changes or with changes to make some skills less useful and thus less spammable.

    But - If you've been playing recently you can't help but notice that the sound of falling meteors always triggers a rise in latency/lag/ping times whatever you want to call it. I don't claim to be a coder but I speculate it is because it causes a heavy load in multiple ways - it is AOE so multiple damage targets to proc, it adds ulti per target hit so again multiple procs to compute, it causes targets to bounce up and fall back so both extra visual effects to proc plus fall damage to check for and proc, it has a fairly hefty basic visual anyway and so of all the AOEs it had possible the most intensive number of things to process when cast on a large group.

    So I don't think it is the sole cause of lag but you'd have to be living in a serious state of delusion to not connect the vastly increased incidence of meteors at least loosely with the increase of lag experienced at the same time.

    Hmm...

    What exactly has ZoS changed or removed as far as causes of lag? You mean the deer and torchbugs? Or do you mean the note that comes in every other patch note about "fixing X that was causing lag in Cyrodiil." None of these has had any appreciable effect. If an Emperor keep is contested, it's a good bet there will be lag. The only tangible thing ZoS has done was reduce the population caps, but this also has not prevented the lag; merely lowered the amount of instances we suffer from it.

    You say "the sound of falling meteors always triggers a rise in latency/lag/ping times." No it doesn't. In fact, most of the time, I'd say 9 times out of 10, when I use meteor or it is used against me, the game runs fine and combat continues rather smoothly. And it does not have an inordinate amount of calculations to strain the server. A DK standard lasts longer, has a synergy that meteor does not that the server has to calculate for everyone eligible, does a healing debuff for all enemies inside that a meteor does not, increases the damage by a DK that a meteor does not, and has a boatload of calculations to perform if someone activates a synergy: damage to all enemies, undaunted passives and champion passives for the user, turning "off" the synergy eligibility for others, etc.

    It is when the server is already a lagfest do people notice bright flashes and distinctive sounds of constant meteors not triggering. But no ability or ultimate is being registered by the server even though we see the animation/hear the noise associated with them. I mean:

    standards_zpsvwztpgrj.jpg

    How have DK standards escaped scrutiny? It is possible that the meteors that people are complaining about are symptoms of the lagfest that is already there?

    To be clear, I *wish* I was wrong and meteors were really tanking the server. I really do. But until I see consistent evidence of contested Emperor Keep with 3 factions fighting with no lag and no meteors and the same sort of fight with lag and with meteors, then I am going to keep using that ultimate and keep using the Valkyn Skoria set because a 937 ping is just as miserable as a 951.

    Just to be clear, no one said Meteor was the only contributor to lag in large scale battles, but maybe the largest.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

    Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 48 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No. I'm sorry, but the meteor / Valkyn Skoria set have just become the newest favorite hypotheses to explain the lag ever since the AOE cap theory lost it's appeal with 1.6. Ask anyone who has played in Wabbajack, long before the Valkyn Skoria set ever saw the light of day and nobody used the pre 1.6 meteor ultimate because it was bad, and they will tell you of lag. And unlike your grandfather's stories about heading to school and having to go up hills both to and from, the pre-meteor lag is actually true.

    I both agree and disagree.

    Yes - Lag has been around to greater or lesser degrees since quite early in the game and it was there before meteor became so popular. However ZOS have removed or reduced some of those causes either with code changes or with changes to make some skills less useful and thus less spammable.

    But - If you've been playing recently you can't help but notice that the sound of falling meteors always triggers a rise in latency/lag/ping times whatever you want to call it. I don't claim to be a coder but I speculate it is because it causes a heavy load in multiple ways - it is AOE so multiple damage targets to proc, it adds ulti per target hit so again multiple procs to compute, it causes targets to bounce up and fall back so both extra visual effects to proc plus fall damage to check for and proc, it has a fairly hefty basic visual anyway and so of all the AOEs it had possible the most intensive number of things to process when cast on a large group.

    So I don't think it is the sole cause of lag but you'd have to be living in a serious state of delusion to not connect the vastly increased incidence of meteors at least loosely with the increase of lag experienced at the same time.

    Hmm...

    What exactly has ZoS changed or removed as far as causes of lag? You mean the deer and torchbugs? Or do you mean the note that comes in every other patch note about "fixing X that was causing lag in Cyrodiil." None of these has had any appreciable effect. If an Emperor keep is contested, it's a good bet there will be lag. The only tangible thing ZoS has done was reduce the population caps, but this also has not prevented the lag; merely lowered the amount of instances we suffer from it.

    You say "the sound of falling meteors always triggers a rise in latency/lag/ping times." No it doesn't. In fact, most of the time, I'd say 9 times out of 10, when I use meteor or it is used against me, the game runs fine and combat continues rather smoothly. And it does not have an inordinate amount of calculations to strain the server. A DK standard lasts longer, has a synergy that meteor does not that the server has to calculate for everyone eligible, does a healing debuff for all enemies inside that a meteor does not, increases the damage by a DK that a meteor does not, and has a boatload of calculations to perform if someone activates a synergy: damage to all enemies, undaunted passives and champion passives for the user, turning "off" the synergy eligibility for others, etc.

    It is when the server is already a lagfest do people notice bright flashes and distinctive sounds of constant meteors not triggering. But no ability or ultimate is being registered by the server even though we see the animation/hear the noise associated with them. I mean:

    standards_zpsvwztpgrj.jpg

    How have DK standards escaped scrutiny? It is possible that the meteors that people are complaining about are symptoms of the lagfest that is already there?

    To be clear, I *wish* I was wrong and meteors were really tanking the server. I really do. But until I see consistent evidence of contested Emperor Keep with 3 factions fighting with no lag and no meteors and the same sort of fight with lag and with meteors, then I am going to keep using that ultimate and keep using the Valkyn Skoria set because a 937 ping is just as miserable as a 951.

    My experience tends to back up that lag existed pre-1.6 but has got much worse post-1.6. The main change, or one of them, seems to be a much increased incidence of Meteors... which is not to rule out the impact of old effects like Standards or new ones like Vigor.

    Perhaps I am unfairly cynical but some of these responses read like self-justification for people who are going to keep on doing something regardless of negative impact because they would rather be one of those taking advantage even if it means remaining part of the problem.
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Legio Mortuum
    Veteran- The Daggerfall Authority
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "I do solemnly swear,
    that I will faithfully execute the Office of Meteor Depute of Cyrodiil,
    and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and spam Meteor,
    in defense of the great state of Cyrodiil."
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

    #FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

    Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I used to be skeptical about meteor, but I have come to believe that it does play a large part in the lag. I have stopped using it myself, but only because I was sick of it getting reflected. Other classes don't really have a lot of alternatives for ranged AoE ultimates, and I think this is in part why it's so popular.
    :trollin:
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Panda244 wrote: »
    "I do solemnly swear,
    that I will faithfully execute the Office of Meteor Depute of Cyrodiil,
    and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and spam Meteor,
    in defense of the great state of Cyrodiil."

    Well... duh! You're AD, how else you gonna win? :p
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Legio Mortuum
    Veteran- The Daggerfall Authority
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I used to be skeptical about meteor, but I have come to believe that it does play a large part in the lag. I have stopped using it myself, but only because I was sick of it getting reflected. Other classes don't really have a lot of alternatives for ranged AoE ultimates, and I think this is in part why it's so popular.

    Fair point - certainly for multi-target ranged ultis anyway. Soul Assault is fine for single target & DKs have Dragon Leap but that puts you straight in harms way...
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Legio Mortuum
    Veteran- The Daggerfall Authority
Sign In or Register to comment.