The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

STRONGEST CLASS IN PVP? (POLL)

• SafiyerAmitora
    SafiyerAmitora
    ✭✭✭
    DRAGONKNIGHT
    Spangla wrote: »
    Go watch ezareth kill shiliza the 'unkillable' dk. It actually looks pretty easy.

I'll admit I've watched that video so many times, I've lost count...

Edit: Of which I was actually rewatching on my iPod when I replied, but didn't put 2&2 together until I went back to watching it.
    Edited by SafiyerAmitora on April 14, 2015 7:05AM
    Legend || Mizery Records || Black Market Wares
    Aeilith ~ AD L50 Khajiit magicka NB dps/max crafter (NA)
    Naraiya ~ AD L50 Altmer magicka Sorc dps (NA)
    Dont Die Like I Did ~ DC L50 Khajiit magicka Templar heals (NA)
    Bring The Pain ~ AD L50 Dunmer magicka DK tank (NA)
    An Achílles Heal ~ AD L50 Breton magicka Templar heals (NA)
    One Two Gank A Few ~ EP L50 Bosmer stam NB dps (NA)
    Your Lást Mistáke ~ DC L50 Altmer magicka NB dps (NA)
    Rekts All Noobs ~ DC L50 Redguard stam DK dps (NA)
    Reaper of Salt ~ EP L50 Khajiit stam Sorc dps
    The Réktoning ~ AD L8 Dunmer magicka DK dps
    Avaraiya ~ AD L25 Altmer magicka Warden tank
    Nafatiri ~ EP L24 Argonian magicka Warden heals
    Once Upon An OP Magden ~ EP L3 Altmer magicka Warden dps (NA)
    Updated: 08/01/2018
    759 Champion Points || ESO Member since Apr 2014
  • pkb16_ESO2
    pkb16_ESO2
    ✭✭✭
    DRAGONKNIGHT
    Guess who is worst class???
    the 9 votes for Templar are surely Jesus beam complainers... but hey... thell "fix it" so dont worry...

Temp is dead...
  • SafiyerAmitora
    SafiyerAmitora
    ✭✭✭
    DRAGONKNIGHT
    pkb16_ESO2 wrote: »
    Temp is dead...

Should watch Ameer's (a.k.a. @blabafat) videos sometime.
  • chongguang
    chongguang
    ✭✭✭
    SORCERER
    After observing this thread since its post and making some discussion with players from other forums. I can give a short summary to the theme with less bias as I can.
    First of all, PVP content can be divided into 4 parts or 4 purposes

1. Dueling
    2. group pvp (both include large and small here)
    3. roaming/soloing
    4. getting score

For Dueling, all 4 classes are balanced , the key points are building in using and skills of players. Thereby all the 4 class get 1 score or I can say they are all have 0 score at all.

Then sorcerers can fit for the rest of 3 parts, while other 3 may not have this ability. Eg, DK is not good at roaming/ soloing as they lack of escape abilities
  • Vis
    Vis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DRAGONKNIGHT
    chongguang wrote: »
    After observing this thread since its post and making some discussion with players from other forums. I can give a short summary to the theme with less bias as I can.

1. Dueling
    3. roaming/soloing
    4. getting score

For Dueling, all 4 classes are balanced , the key points are building in using and skills of players. Thereby all the 4 class get 1 score or I can say they are all have 0 score at all.

Then sorcerers can fit for the rest of 3 parts, while other 3 may not have this ability. Eg, DK is not good at roaming/ soloing as they lack of escape abilities

Dueling : Tie (very rock paper scissors at the moment)
    Group pvp: DK (amazing group synergies and can hold ground)
    Roaming : Sorcs tie with NBs
    Getting Score: DK (can dish out aoes, hold ground, and tank)
    v14 Sorc Vae Exillis
    v14 DK Costs
    v14 NB 'Vis
    v14 Temp Fiat Lux

• chongguang
    chongguang
    ✭✭✭
    SORCERER
    Vis wrote: »

1. Dueling
    3. roaming/soloing
    4. getting score

Dueling: Tie (agree, completely !)
    GP : DK, but I think sorcerers are also good at this
    Roaming: agreed, completely again
    Getting Score: eh....my friend told me that Templar is the easiest one for this, as they can just use 1 button healer skill in group to get score without question
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SORCERER
    Temp is dead...

Blabafat is great at it. For the stam version, I thing ebonheart templar or whatever his name is, is pretty good.
  • Vis
    Vis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DRAGONKNIGHT
    Vis wrote: »

1. Dueling
    3. roaming/soloing
    4. getting score

Dueling: Tie (agree, completely !)
    GP : DK, but I think sorcerers are also good at this
    Roaming: agreed, completely again
    Getting Score: eh....my friend told me that Templar is the easiest one for this, as they can just use 1 button healer skill in group to get score without question

I did not consider templar heals for scores. That is true. Sorcerers can be good, but usually in sorcerer and NB groups only. I really am not a reliable healer. Not a good tank. If the group is going down I am going to bail early. My sorc feels guilty when in a group.
    v14 Sorc Vae Exillis
    v14 DK Costs
    v14 NB 'Vis
    v14 Temp Fiat Lux

• SafiyerAmitora
    SafiyerAmitora
    ✭✭✭
    DRAGONKNIGHT
    technohic wrote: »
    Temp is dead...

Blabafat is great at it. For the stam version, I thing ebonheart templar or whatever his name is, is pretty good.

Agreed. ^.^ Ebonheart Templar's definitely good. And Divine Cross is another really good Temp.
  • The_Death_Princess
    The_Death_Princess
    ✭✭✭
    SORCERER
    Hehe I have been watching this for the last two weeks. Sorcerors are slowly polling up and DK down.

Guess the old school DK is finally being forgotten. Cept by some.... the guy that posted dk taking on a whole group and kiling one by one..... nope not gonna happen not no more, specially if I am there, they die.
    Edited by The_Death_Princess on April 14, 2015 11:29PM
    Astaria Dødfurstinna
    Official Hunter Community Lead DAOC
    (Pendragon Beta through Catacombs release)
    Look at this but dont QQ: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/hfxYcf
  • pkb16_ESO2
    pkb16_ESO2
    ✭✭✭
    DRAGONKNIGHT
    Temp is dead...

I know the vids, but you have to see that blabafat is very skilled, he plays impirial and he bursts the guy in the vids with hte combo meteor+ detonation+jabs. Its quite easy to counter for skilled players and i dont know if he would do that good in duells with it.
    @blabafat maybe a comment from you would be nice.

the vids from Legend (ebonheart templar) arent that good. To kill some low lvl and bad players... i make same *** daily but it doesnt prove a templar is in good spot.

All in all the poll speaks for itself and good player knew it, templar are bad at moment as offensive Pvp Players and their issues are well known.
    I still like to play it (im also impirial and im still doing good) but if i see what my NB can do and my lowy DK... i realize temps are weak...

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SORCERER
    Temp is dead...

I know the vids, but you have to see that blabafat is very skilled, he plays impirial and he bursts the guy in the vids with hte combo meteor+ detonation+jabs. Its quite easy to counter for skilled players and i dont know if he would do that good in duells with it.

the vids from Legend (ebonheart templar) arent that good. To kill some low lvl and bad players... i make same *** daily but it doesnt prove a templar is in good spot.

All in all the poll speaks for itself and good player knew it, templar are bad at moment as offensive Pvp Players and their issues are well known.
    I still like to play it (im also impirial and im still doing good) but if i see what my NB can do and my lowy DK... i realize temps are weak...

Oh, I wasn't saying that makes templars fine. Both of those builds really have things outside the class to make it work and I think.both are using the same monster set that just happens to synergies well. It just makes the exceptions to the rule when the templar abilities are slow, or broken, or seem catered to a long fight with the reflective light DOT and Dark Flare debuff. Nevermind the current meta is about burst let alone pretend there are not purges everywhere. Then we have poorly designed skills like jabs, which is ok but it's a melee skill that pushes people away from you out of its own range. Sure, WB does the same but it has a longer KD that is much more devastating. Then some abilities have weird cool downs beyond just charge. Solar Barge for example gives damage and empower but if you pair it with our melee move, jabs; it is a DPS loss due to delay and the fact that its empower only lasts for the first hit.

Could go on and on about it but I am sure there are still some idiots out there whining about Jesus Beam even though there are non-executes that can hit as hard in less time even when not in execute range and are not channeled.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NIGHTBLADE
    Temp is dead...

[...]

Could go on and on about it but I am sure there are still some idiots out there whining about Jesus Beam even though there are non-executes that can hit as hard in less time even when not in execute range and are not channeled.

Only Problem with the beam is, it's neither dodgeable nor purgeable . Not sure wether there is anything else in the game like that besides heavy lightning/resto attacks and Inevitable detonation. It basically has no other counter than interrupt and that just doesn't work against multiple templars or any multiple enemies hacking on you while you are low have to retreat. It's not a problem that it can kill you and is designed to so, but it's a problem that you can't do much against it.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    stamina is strongest class in pvp

rip decibel
  • Stamden
    Stamden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SORCERER
    It's amazing that NB and Templars are fairly neck and neck for the weakest class and DKs snd sorcs seem fairly close to being the strongest, according to the player base. There is a huge gap. What does this tell you @zos? Maybe Your balance is way out of wack?

IMO it's not like that at all. Templars are slightly behind. NBs and DKs are balanced. Sorcs are just extremely imbalanced. Once they fix broken Sorc shield stacking and BE spam, and give Templars a boost, PvP will be quite balanced.
    PC NA

~Currently taking a break from the game until my DK can become something more than just a crafter~
  • shane.roberts25b14_ESO
    Endurance wrote: »
    i dont pvp in this game because its a joke, but if it were guild wars 2 i'd say 2h warrior

You bring your 2h warrior, I'll bring my full 'zerker thief, we'll meet in WvW, and we'll see who walks away and who needs a stretcher ;p

"I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took a nerf-arrow to the knee!"
  • Araxleon
    Araxleon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    shhh let NB slip under the radar...
    its better they dont know ;)
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NIGHTBLADE
    Araxleon wrote: »
    shhh let NB slip under the radar...
    its better they dont know ;)

Nb is love. Nb is life.

R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
  • twistedmonk
    twistedmonk
    ✭✭✭
    This is what I've seen in PvP.

Stamina NB - 2hander/bow - is the currently strongest class in PvP. Basically you just need 3 main skills - crit charge/wrecking blow/rally and dodge roll a lot.

current pvp populations are from most played to least played are : NB, Sorc, Templar, DK.

• Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NIGHTBLADE
    Paradox wrote: »
    I dunno, guys. I'm a DK Tank build in PvP and the only classes that can kill me are Fear-*** nightblades and Sorcs (the ones that aren't silly enough to use frags on me). So, I'd say that sorcs are probably the biggest competitor to the DKs here (Nightblades are just annoyances, really, IME).

Really, though, it all depends on the scenario and the build, but it's definitely between Sorc and DK. I don't honestly have enough experience with Sorcs to say if they're all that great, but from what I've seen... they have shields, but their DPS is pretty ***. They'll sustain a fight for dayz, though.
    And the only class that you can kill is NPC.
    - EU - Raid Leader of Banana Zerg Squad
    AD | AR 50 | Sanct Fir'eheal | ex Mana DK @31.10.2015
    EP | AR 50 | Sanctosaurus | Mana NB
    AD | AR 44 | rekt ya | Mana NB
    AD | AR 41 | Sanct Thunderstorm | Mana Sorc
    EP | AR 36 | S'na'ct | Mana NB {NA}
    AD | AR 29 | Captain Full Fist| Stam DK
    AD | AR 29 | Sanct The Dark Phoenix| Stam Sorc
    EP | AR 16 | Horny Sanct | Stam Warden
    EP | AR 16 | Sánct Bánáná Sláyér | Mana DK
    DC | AR 13 | ad worst faction eu | Stam Sorc
    DC | AR 13 | Lagendary Sanct | Mana NB

>320.000.000 AP
  • LazyLewis
    LazyLewis
    ✭✭✭✭
    No option for neither. Everything is situational and his too many variables. For example I'm not as good as most on my DK. Just not my thing. On my templar however I flourish. I know people who are amazing at all Classes and some who are terrible at all and so on.... Its down the player and down to the situation.
    DC - Chunky Nurse - Chunky Ninja - Chunky Dragon - Fabulously Chunky
    AD - Chunky Nurse - Ashenn - Yorkshire Pudding
  • Kelleton
    Kelleton
    ✭✭✭
    NIGHTBLADE
    Fear is the win
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DRAGONKNIGHT
    Kelleton wrote: »
    Fear is the win

Try using Break Free.

It's awesome.
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DRAGONKNIGHT
    I honestly don't think any one class is most powerful at this point.

But there are a TON of DKs in Cyrodil. Hence my vote.
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DRAGONKNIGHT

Stamina NB - 2hander/bow - is the currently strongest class in PvP. Basically you just need 3 main skills - crit charge/wrecking blow/rally and dodge roll a lot.

current pvp populations are from most played to least played are : NB, Sorc, Templar, DK.

Can't you do this with any class? None of these are NB specific.
  • LegendaryMage
    LegendaryMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The opponents that always gave me the toughest fights were good NBs, not even counting BoL sorcs except a few very good ones, but those are rare. I love fighting them (NBs) but they are obviously balanced for 1v1 the most in my opinion.

Yes, sorcerers are strong and can do some cool things in 1v1 if played right, but no, they can't slice you up as quickly as NBs from what I've seen. If I was a NB in 1v1 with a sorc, I would try to get him out of shields without CCing him (step1) and then fear + burst with ulty, it's gg for sure every single time.

@Soulac Yeah, I'm talking about you too imba cat. You need a nerf ASAP. :)
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DRAGONKNIGHT
    Spangla wrote: »
    Go watch ezareth kill shiliza the 'unkillable' dk. It actually looks pretty easy.

Well to be fair, that was using a (Broken) Nirnhoned Staff at the time and the guy didn't even have reflective scales slotted (/boggle). If I ran into him today in that fight it would never end because I couldn't kill him. In fact most DKs with Tanky builds right now are unkillable to me due to S&B projectile protection, SR + Reflective.

Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NIGHTBLADE
    The opponents that always gave me the toughest fights were good NBs, not even counting BoL sorcs except a few very good ones, but those are rare. I love fighting them (NBs) but they are obviously balanced for 1v1 the most in my opinion.

Yes, sorcerers are strong and can do some cool things in 1v1 if played right, but no, they can't slice you up as quickly as NBs from what I've seen. If I was a NB in 1v1 with a sorc, I would try to get him out of shields without CCing him (step1) and then fear + burst with ulty, it's gg for sure every single time.

@Soulac Yeah, I'm talking about you too imba cat. You need a nerf ASAP. :)

>:)
    Edited by Soulac on April 17, 2015 7:55PM
    R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SORCERER
    Armitas wrote: »
    Someone explain this to me. Since 1.6, relatively all DK QQ has ceased (as far as I have seen), while sorc QQ is non stop. Why is DK at the top of the list when there is little to no QQ to be found?

Because all the sorcs voted DK?

QFT

You know that is exactly what happened. lol
  • The_Death_Princess
    The_Death_Princess
    ✭✭✭
    SORCERER

Ya we need a lol button.

"What happens when a NB with a 2h sword meets an DK (or Sorc) with a aoe staff. The NB with 2h Sword dies."
    -Clint Eastwood, A Fist Full of Dollars.
    Astaria Dødfurstinna
    Official Hunter Community Lead DAOC
    (Pendragon Beta through Catacombs release)
    Look at this but dont QQ: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/hfxYcf