The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

STRONGEST CLASS IN PVP? (POLL)

• Tonnopesce
    Tonnopesce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SORCERER
    Yea the info is wrong. When ESO first came out it was Sorc then few month became DK a year later now Templars are "the class" and maybe in a month or so NB will be. But as of right now Templars are "the class" cause of there shield stacking, insta full health and of course radient destruction and the nirnhoned bug. Give it time every one be screaming nerf to NB very soon.

Actually the nirn bug was fixed to a point that is totally worthless now.
    Atm dk magica suck while stamina are great and the sorcerers are overhall the best class except for the pokemon masters togglemancers.
    Nb need to be skilled to be a good one while templars... meh, yes and no
    Signature

• Borders
    Borders
    ✭✭
    Imho the problem with this type of poll is that it doesn't ask group play vs solo or roaming vs taking objectives.

Honestly most players will scan fr the class they feel is OP based on their definition of what "OP" is. Whether it be damage shields or insane dps they are running off what they feel is uncompetitive and never really answer what class is best for pvp.

SO in my opinion DK is the best pvp class overall and no I do not think it is OP. Why you ask?

Fist off PvP and PvE run hand in hand in this game with no hard separation so the most accepted class in PvE is likely (during the leveling process) to get you some of the quickest result on the PvP side.

Second it has access to mitigation, CC, strong healing, damage shields and decent dps in tanky builds. This bag of tricks makes a strong class for 1vX but not strong at running or kiting.

Third population. Whether you like it or not numbers wont lie. The most played class by a great deal is DK. Its is popular and I doubt in the results driven PvP anybody would run a class they are ineffective. So while obviously some people will be kings and queens with the NB Sorc and Temp the popularity of DK in PvP is unmistakable.

I think the real questions that should be asked are "What is your favorite PvP class?" and, "What is your favorite type of PvP?". Polling these questions will give you a better snapshot of what classes players enjoy playing and what types of play appeal to them.

Right now as I level I will likely finish my NB or Sorc first. Despite complaints about Sorcs running away truth is I like solo roaming with an escape option. GW2, ArcheAge, Aion, etc. I play what I like roaming solo stealth or speed. Some people feel this is OP and I have seen many nerfs to builds I play but I end up running the same type of build consistently. Sieging a castle is fun for some running in a group roaming for others but I find solo roaming and speed the most fun.
    Edited by Borders on April 2, 2015 6:43PM
  • Rook_Master
    Rook_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DRAGONKNIGHT
    DK has been the flavor of the game for over a year now.

Just because scales only reflects 4 doesn't mean DKs don't still reign supreme.
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SORCERER
    2H DK's are wicked strong atm. Back to back wrecking blow and GDB+rally is tight. Shield stacking sorcs are pretty hard to beat as well. They can just stack shields and never see their HP pool diminish if they do it right. The worst part about sorcs is the exploit some are using that ZoS apparently doesn't care about fixing. Attacks do no damage to their shields and they can practically live forever. [snip] is a great example. Dozens have reported him and nothing has been done. I am pretty sure no one at ZoS actually reads bug reports anymore.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Naming & Shaming]

Green dragon blood seriously ????
    Heals at most 9k if you have 1 health and 27k health... But most of the time it heals me for 5 to 6k because if you let your health drop below 30% you are dead.......and it costs 4000 magicka ... GDB is crap with a twohanded stamina build....Use your shields....
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • teladoy
    teladoy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DRAGONKNIGHT
    I feel me God with my DK compare with my other classes.
  • timborggrenlarsenb16_ESO
    DRAGONKNIGHT
    Which class is strongest when it comes to PvP?

1, Sorc not because they are that strong but the are mobile, isane bust dps and they have great shield protection use. amd the magican not will be an issue.

2. DK i the strongest in taking the damge the have instant and more and less unlimited cc, there dps are strong as normal but fare stronger on vamps, they have insane /strong and almost unlimited selfheal, they have gap closer, for range and close combat, the ability to counter any attacks dose half there job. and in the long run there combat ability are all around.

3. Temp. are a semple combat setup, but i feel as the NB that the templar to have to work using there magican and stanima limit to win a fight. great self heals and protection, but easy to burn out of magicka and stamina.
    FFFRRREEEDDDOOOMMM!!!
    - Be Anyone.
    - Do Anything.
    - Go Anywhere.
  • SafiyerAmitora
    SafiyerAmitora
    ✭✭✭
    DRAGONKNIGHT
    Atm dk magica suck...

Ahem, good sir. I played magicka dk pre-1.6, and when I got on post-1.6, I just had to modify a few things for my build (while staying magicka), and it works as well, or better, now than it did pre-1.6. True, I took off a couple offensive abilities for some defensive ones (only attacks are talons, whip, and caltrops; everything else is self-heals and buffs), but my dk was always intended as a tank, not a dps. Even though tanking is kinda useless in PvP, it isn't while I'm messing with the enemy's backlines and tanking what they're throwing at me. I can tank massive amounts of dmg for quite a while before dying (if at all, depending on numbers and skill on either side). I'm just as powerful, or more so, than I was in 1.5. Magicka dk's don't suck, especially if they're built right. We're not a dead race yet.
    Edited by SafiyerAmitora on April 2, 2015 6:09PM
    Legend || Mizery Records || Black Market Wares
    Aeilith ~ AD L50 Khajiit magicka NB dps/max crafter (NA)
    Naraiya ~ AD L50 Altmer magicka Sorc dps (NA)
    Dont Die Like I Did ~ DC L50 Khajiit magicka Templar heals (NA)
    Bring The Pain ~ AD L50 Dunmer magicka DK tank (NA)
    An Achílles Heal ~ AD L50 Breton magicka Templar heals (NA)
    One Two Gank A Few ~ EP L50 Bosmer stam NB dps (NA)
    Your Lást Mistáke ~ DC L50 Altmer magicka NB dps (NA)
    Rekts All Noobs ~ DC L50 Redguard stam DK dps (NA)
    Reaper of Salt ~ EP L50 Khajiit stam Sorc dps
    The Réktoning ~ AD L8 Dunmer magicka DK dps
    Avaraiya ~ AD L25 Altmer magicka Warden tank
    Nafatiri ~ EP L24 Argonian magicka Warden heals
    Once Upon An OP Magden ~ EP L3 Altmer magicka Warden dps (NA)
    Updated: 08/01/2018
    759 Champion Points || ESO Member since Apr 2014
  • Velcon
    Velcon
    All.
  • Koopa
    Koopa
    TEMPLAR
    Went with the Templar. Vamp bane into charge into sweep into strikes into jesus beam and things die. Plus the built in heals and a few mitigation abilities makes them very strong. Able to 1v2 1v3 seen a few 1v4 more then that and you'll likely need help, still very strong.
  • Tonnopesce
    Tonnopesce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SORCERER
    Atm dk magica suck...

Ahem, good sir. I played magicka dk pre-1.6, and when I got on post-1.6, I just had to modify a few things for my build (while staying magicka), and it works as well, or better, now than it did pre-1.6. True, I took off a couple offensive abilities for some defensive ones (only attacks are talons, whip, and caltrops; everything else is self-heals and buffs), but my dk was always intended as a tank, not a dps. Even though tanking is kinda useless in PvP, it isn't while I'm messing with the enemy's backlines and tanking what they're throwing at me. I can tank massive amounts of dmg for quite a while before dying (if at all, depending on numbers and skill on either side). I'm just as powerful, or more so, than I was in 1.5. Magicka dk's don't suck, especially if they're built right. We're not a dead race yet.

Let me refrase " Light armor magika dk suck"
    I also have a DK and you know, to gain a well rounded magika dk who does a lot of damage and can survive in the 1vsX fights for a decent amount of time is quite hard, told this i'm having a lot of fun in 1.6 with my DK while i've just abandoned him in 1.5 and 1.4 the only bad pov in this, is that you have to use a resto staff to gain the "rally like" buff with mutagen and to have a decent panic button with healing ward and i really hate archers now that i'm made of paper...

Signature

• monkeymystic
    monkeymystic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SORCERER
    Sorcerer.. The other votes belongs to sorc players :/
  • Rhakon
    Rhakon
    ✭✭✭
    SORCERER
    sorcs vote DK...

Sorc(easy 2 play, easy to skill,easy to gear, easy to win)
    DK (Magica dk is dead, have some good Tanky builds, Stam DK is strong but not op)
    NB(Feels The same as DK, but more dirty builds are possible)
    Templar (Bugged/Unplayable-Global cooldowns and slow reacting skills and animations, too predictable.)
  • SafiyerAmitora
    SafiyerAmitora
    ✭✭✭
    DRAGONKNIGHT
    Atm dk magica suck...

Let me refrase " Light armor magika dk suck"
    I also have a DK and you know, to gain a well rounded magika dk who does a lot of damage and can survive in the 1vsX fights for a decent amount of time is quite hard, told this i'm having a lot of fun in 1.6 with my DK while i've just abandoned him in 1.5 and 1.4 the only bad pov in this, is that you have to use a resto staff to gain the "rally like" buff with mutagen and to have a decent panic button with healing ward and i really hate archers now that i'm made of paper...

Okay, yeah. That, I can understand.

I wanted to PvP in heavy armor in 1.5, but since it was hard on resources, I had to go light. Thankfully, that's changed (sort of), so I can now use heavy and do quite well resource-wise. That's not to say that I'm glad light armor got nerfed or anything (because I'm seriously not). I'm just saying that I'm glad heavy's more viable now.

As a tank, I prefer to utilize a resto staff on my off-bar, but with light armored dps, yeah, it'd be more of a necessary evil.
  • SafiyerAmitora
    SafiyerAmitora
    ✭✭✭
    DRAGONKNIGHT
    Rhakon wrote: »
    sorcs vote DK...

DK (Magica dk is dead, have some good Tanky builds, Stam DK is strong but not op)

I play a dk and I chose dk. I only have 1 Sorc, and she's only v1. IMO, Sorcs are one of the hardest classes to play. I die all the time on my Sorc, even in PvE at things my lvl. Yes, it's a l2p issue, BUT, like I just said, Sorcs are one of the hardest classes to play, for me.

And magicka dk is not dead. There's definitely tank builds, there's still dps builds, and I've been seeing more and more healer builds spring up. We're nowhere near being a dead race yet, so don't go acting like we are.
  • Spangla
    Spangla
    ✭✭✭✭
    SORCERER
    DK is not at the bottom.

I felt prior to 1.6 that if you had removed dk's from the game the other 3 class's were pretty evenly matched. Now I feel that if you remove sorcs the others are evenly matched.

Sorc is clearly the most powerful class.

It is so obvious.

The end
  • SafiyerAmitora
    SafiyerAmitora
    ✭✭✭
    DRAGONKNIGHT
    Spangla wrote: »
    Sorc is clearly the most powerful class.

It is so obvious.

Uhh...

No. Just no.
  • yotanut
    yotanut
    ✭✭✭
    SORCERER
    sorcs vote DK...

I play a dk and I chose dk. I only have 1 Sorc, and she's only v1. IMO, Sorcs are one of the hardest classes to play. I die all the time on my Sorc, even in PvE at things my lvl. Yes, it's a l2p issue, BUT, like I just said, Sorcs are one of the hardest classes to play, for me.

And magicka dk is not dead. There's definitely tank builds, there's still dps builds, and I've been seeing more and more healer builds spring up. We're nowhere near being a dead race yet, so don't go acting like we are.

How about we read the subject of the post, before you start crying about how hard a sorc is to play in PVE. You never once mentioned PVP. I would like to see you take down a well played sorc with all the shield stacking and bolt escape spam with your DK.

Subject: STRONGEST CLASS IN PVP?
  • SafiyerAmitora
    SafiyerAmitora
    ✭✭✭
    DRAGONKNIGHT
    yotanut wrote: »
    sorcs vote DK...

How about we read the subject of the post, before you start crying about how hard a sorc is to play in PVE. You never once mentioned PVP. I would like to see you take down a well played sorc with all the shield stacking and bolt escape spam with your DK.

Subject: STRONGEST CLASS IN PVP?

I said "even in", implying that I have PvPed with my Sorc. I mentioned PvE strictly to point out that since normal PvE is pretty much child's play, if I'm dying a lot there, then I really suck with a Sorc. And I said it was a difficult class to play for me.

Ahem. No, I could never take down a good Sorc. Why? My dk is strictly tank-only. The only attacks I have on my bars are talons, whip, and caltrops. Everything else is self-heals and buffs. There's no way I'm going to defeat a good Sorc like that. I'm not built to kill anybody. I'll be surprised if I do. But what I am built to do? Screw with the healers and ranged dps at the backlines while tanking all the meteors, soul assaults, Templar death beams, etc that get thrown at me.
  • yotanut
    yotanut
    ✭✭✭
    SORCERER
    @SafiyerAmitora - Regardless if you are a dps/tank/healer spec of any class... good luck trying to take down a sorc stacking shields and spamming bolt escape. The only way to take them down is to zerg with 10+ players. That is ridiculous.
  • SafiyerAmitora
    SafiyerAmitora
    ✭✭✭
    DRAGONKNIGHT
    yotanut wrote: »
    @SafiyerAmitora - Regardless if you are a dps/tank/healer spec of any class... good luck trying to take down a sorc stacking shields and spamming bolt escape. The only way to take them down is to zerg with 10+ players. That is ridiculous.

10+? Only way? No. Gap-closers, running them out of stam, CCs... There are counters to the shield stacking and BE spam, and it won't take a zerg to kill them all the time, or even most of the time.

Also, if it takes 10+ players to kill 1 Sorc, then those players probably suck... Or the Sorc could be exploiting, but that's a different story.

And take a look from the Sorc's PoV: if you were getting chased by a mob of 10+ players, wouldn't you want to shield up and bolt out of there as fast as possible? Okay, maybe you may or may not, but some of the Sorcs just want to get out of there and survive. Then again, they might want to use that to their advantage by taking the enemy down at range while they're strung out in a line behind them because they decided to chase the bolting Sorc...

Rule #1: Never chase the bolting Sorc.
    Edited by SafiyerAmitora on April 2, 2015 11:46PM
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DRAGONKNIGHT
    Until the other classes get a flappy flappy equivalent it will always be DK for me. Too many snipers in the game and the shortened cc immunity on immovable has not helped.
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • Kublakan
    Kublakan
    ✭✭✭
    SORCERER
    The emperor is the strongest.
    Edited by Kublakan on April 2, 2015 11:08PM
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NIGHTBLADE
    Endurance wrote: »
    i dont pvp in this game because its a joke, but if it were guild wars 2 i'd say 2h warrior

.....I don't even.....
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
  • dafox187
    dafox187
    ✭✭✭
    SORCERER
    Standard, GDB, reflect everything...

Then again, Begezus Beams to the face still hit pretty hard.
    dafox187 wrote: »
    sorcerer = mage
    mage = fireball
    fireball = 3rd degree burns from a ranged weapon
    you can get brutally murdered by us with fire from a long distance archers are my second by the way

@dafox187

Sorc = would like to be a mage
    mage != fireball
    destro staff = fireball

The one does not automatically mean the other.

It's usually not about the class so much as it is about the combo.

isnt that exactly what i was talking about

don't get mad at my spelling, autocorrect doesn't cover fantasy.
    Why couldn't the Khajiit go to the party? She had to be Elsweyr.
  • Laggus
    Laggus
    ✭✭✭✭
    TEMPLAR
    I say Templars and I say they should be renamed "Radiant Destructors".
  • k2blader
    k2blader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Durham wrote: »
    2H DK's are wicked strong atm. Back to back wrecking blow and GDB+rally is tight. Shield stacking sorcs are pretty hard to beat as well. They can just stack shields and never see their HP pool diminish if they do it right. The worst part about sorcs is the exploit some are using that ZoS apparently doesn't care about fixing. Attacks do no damage to their shields and they can practically live forever. [snip] is a great example. Dozens have reported him and nothing has been done. I am pretty sure no one at ZoS actually reads bug reports anymore.

Green dragon blood seriously ????
    Heals at most 9k if you have 1 health and 27k health... But most of the time it heals me for 5 to 6k because if you let your health drop below 30% you are dead.......and it costs 4000 magicka ... GDB is crap with a twohanded stamina build....Use your shields....

Wow, so now if you let your health drop below 30% you die-- whereas no one else ever does? If you want more heal learn to resto staff.
    Disabling the grass may improve performance.
  • noobfury
    noobfury
    ✭✭✭
    SORCERER
    The answer is all of them.

A class is only as good as the person playing it.

Agree with Curragraigue also as far as the sniping is concerned.

noobfury earned the Eighth Anniversary badge.Thanks for sticking with us for 8 years. PC NA
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    SORCERER
    Anyone still voting Dragon Knight probably hasn't logged in since 1.6.
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SORCERER

Lol ZoS took his name out! Hey ZoS, I'm glad your terms and conditions support known cheaters and exploiters! I know you have at least 100 reports in game about this dude, but you've done nothing, but god forbid I, and others, name him in the forums since you people won't do anything about it when he is reported o er and over. Gfy.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • Orchish
    Orchish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SORCERER
    How the F are DKs at the top? They are at the bottom.

Band wagon is still rolling from release when they were OP back then. It isn't DKs that stand out to me anymore in PvP that's for sure. Certain Sorc players are almost god like.

I do wonder if half the people who vote are actually playing PvP.