Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How Normal is Healer Abuse?

• Oughash
    Oughash
    ✭✭✭✭
    Emily wrote: »
    lol well, it's not that. It was a random pug. I've never had problems with npk or LoM or any of them. Like, this guy died in the middle of a besieged, narrow corridor that was bombarded with caltrops and ballistas and two dozen enemies on his body. I told him I couldn't resurrect him, so he starts with the expletives, so his friend who was the leader removes me from the group. Which would have been fine, I am okay with that; but it didn't end there, his friends start messaging me with sexist, derogatory insults and I just got tired of putting people on my ignore list and logged off.

Just come roll w/ us in LoM. Forget the pick-up groups. Always need more players -- especially healers.
  • Jauriel
    Jauriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have found you can run a group with one Templar and several other classes running off hand resto staff. That way the templar isn't doing all the work and plenty of people can also defend him/her. Templars doing 100% healing are worthy of much praise and appreciation.
  • deleted221205-002626
    deleted221205-002626
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would think in any game a healing role is a very important one and if yur not doing it properly you should get sternly informed of that.

L2p or move on to another class maybe? Theres no room for failure when it comes to healing lol
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would think in any game a healing role is a very important one and if yur not doing it properly you should get sternly informed of that.

L2p or move on to another class maybe? Theres no room for failure when it comes to healing lol

Except for youre kind of a crap healer, so you have no room to talk.

More radiant oppression spam when youre supposed to keep your group alive while we kill them with siege, pl0x.

What I find most funny about it, is youre doing exactly what the OP was talking about. I mean, i can make a judgement call on you, since ive fought IR and seen you completely abandon healing your teammates to try to play hero mode ultimately getting them all wiped when you should have been healing them. I mean I guess singling out DKs for laser beam attention seems fun at the time, meanwhile leaving your teammates at the mercy of OPFOR DPS.....

When I am on my healer, and I tell my group I am a main healer, I never use anything on my bar besides heals/cleanses (and the occasional heal debuff since I am a templar healer)

So why try to do offense and dual role, then come on here and tell a healer they need to learn to play? I think thats you, js.
    Edited by Rylana on April 1, 2015 12:56PM
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Francescolg
    Francescolg
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello Emily,
    the last patch made things complicated for healers. You should always remember your group that damage is too high atm, so many players have not 30k HP and and no 20k Resistances. While your Templar healing got nurfed at the same time, mainly Radiant Aura and the Resto-Staff passive effect which does no longer buff Templar healing.

When one player starts blaming you, you should remember them that their PvP-setup is not at the state of time.. Nonetheless some tips:
    ..Use healing ward more often than Breath of Life, it offers a 20k damage shield if the player is under 30%. This followed by a BoL does wonders.
    ..Since healing got nurfed, you have to concentrate on healing for emergencies. If people tell you to purge, you tell them they are wrong! You tell them you have to spam healing is every major fight, or you can't keep up with the incoming burst damage (purging vs. DoTs was more important before this patch), now the first hit can lower a players HP to 10-30% HP.

This is why we need healing ward spam all day long when you see they got hit by a meteor. Beside, what helped me a lot is:
    - Azura add on - to move the compass and other things to a more suitable position
    - A group party frames add on - to better see and overwiev the health bars of the group

Nonetheless atm you'll have players dropping down in 3 seconds, leaving you a reaction window that often is 1-2 sec long. If you do not like playing the "burst healer", you can still run around and spam HoTs.
    If some cowboys get too rude, you should come over to Thornblade (EU)
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pay those Aholes no mind, second if they don't like the way healing is going they can get their own restro staff and heal themselves everyone has access to that. I appreciate all healers and the glowie goodness on the ground, plus ignore is also your friend.

Don't let a few bad apples spoil your fun.
  • Maidenname
    Maidenname
    ✭✭✭
    I've recently just gotten back to the country and game, and started some Cyrodiil. Lately I've seen (and received) a fair amount of healer abuse, and on one event I felt just like dropping the game altogether again, as it wasn't worth the aggravation and harassment.

Is it a common occurrence to yell and/or berate healers?

Yea... I get that a lot if I heal in a pug or help a group with one player I know. Usually unknown pug players think they can do epic damage while stand in red circles and expects healers to keep them constantly alive with just 1 magic button. This covers both in PVP and PVE... Once I spoke up to this infamous PVP player and reminded him the mistake he is making and I didn't appreciate his constant yelling F and berating me, he immediately boot me from the TS. Even his Guildleader did nothing for his atrocious behavior.

So.... What we do as healers? Avoid these jerks, stop healing non Guild groups , stop healing unknown pug groups... Probably the community will be more conscious that healers are real human behind these keyboards and we like to enjoy the kills and fun too ...and treat us better as a team. Ask them what role they want us to be, pure healing or support heals. If they always run off without protecting you from getting gank behind the line even though you try your best to keep up with the crown, drop group and move on. It's not worth spending your manna and stress over these groups.
    He who knows others is intelligent; he who understands himself is enlightened;
    He who is able to conquer others has force, but he who is able to control himself is mighty.

*** Beta player
  • Sphinx2318
    Sphinx2318
    ✭✭✭✭
    As a DK....I have absolutely NO idea what a healer is....
  • Tryionn66
    Tryionn66
    ✭✭
    Sphinx2318 wrote: »
    As a DK....I have absolutely NO idea what a healer is....

Of course you don't.

I would not put up with that crap, someone says i'm not doing a good job healing i'll put Jesus beam on my bar and spam that. see if they miss the heals after that
    ~Anavari ~
    ~Vehemënce~
  • deleted221205-002626
    deleted221205-002626
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »

More radiant oppression spam when youre supposed to keep your group alive while we kill them with siege, pl0x.

What I find most funny about it, is youre doing exactly what the OP was talking about. I mean, i can make a judgement call on you, since ive fought IR and seen you completely abandon healing your teammates to try to play hero mode ultimately getting them all wiped when you should have been healing them. I mean I guess singling out DKs for laser beam attention seems fun at the time, meanwhile leaving your teammates at the mercy of OPFOR DPS.....

When I am on my healer, and I tell my group I am a main healer, I never use anything on my bar besides heals/cleanses (and the occasional heal debuff since I am a templar healer)

So why try to do offense and dual role, then come on here and tell a healer they need to learn to play? I think thats you, js.

LOL my kind of crap healer? Since im currently working skills on an entirely offensive skill bar and am not officially playing a healing role why is there an issue with that? So NO you cant make any comments or judgements about my healing since that wasn't what I was doing in the 1st place!

When your winning at ANYTHING in this game then you may speak to me about healing etc! kthx
    Edited by deleted221205-002626 on April 1, 2015 2:53PM
  • JaJaLuka
    JaJaLuka
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have run as a healer before and it's only ever been the pug groups that get aggro over deaths; at which point I told them to fuckk off and went back to my other character to have some fun.
    Edited by JaJaLuka on April 1, 2015 3:00PM
    Krojick, DC Sorc PC NA
    Milámber, EP Sorc PC NA
    Brunack, EP DK PC NA
    General Mark Shephard, EP Temp PC NA (Worst temp NA XD )
    Krojick Nightblade, DC NB PC NA
    Others...
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »

LOL my kind of crap healer? Since im currently working skills on an entirely offensive skill bar and am not officially playing a healing role why is there an issue with that? So NO you cant make any comments or judgements about my healing since that wasn't what I was doing in the 1st place!

When your winning at ANYTHING in this game then you may speak to me about healing etc! kthx

I find this to be the best option. Run DPS with just some heals slotted. If someone complains say "Oh; I'm not a healer. I'm DPS with off heals. Where are your off heals?"
    Edited by technohic on April 1, 2015 3:02PM
  • deleted221205-002626
    deleted221205-002626
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im playing other roles atm cuz Ive played pure heals since beta! I wanted something different and fresh! 1.6 gave me just THAT reason todo so :)
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand ... Is someone flogging you with a restoration staff ?
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Roechacca wrote: »

ya can't be healed if you don't have some wounds. Physically or mentally.
  • Zhoyzu
    Zhoyzu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes its the healers that berate the tanks and DPS. If you know you're doing your best to keep the team alive and the tank hasn't figured out to block and the DPS sit in aoes then its not your problem. Healers are in short supply and you can find another group pretty easy. If you're a templar you can't do it wrong as long as breath of life is slotted.

I find resto staff healers to be really sub par and not able to heal well enough in case of any error.

PvP is a different story. The guild I run with may as well worship them as gods among men.

I've rarely been yelled at for healing so I guess I'm doing it right. I have left groups because they go full potato and I just don't want to waste my time on a group bound to fail.
    Zhoyzu - Nightblade Alchemist (v15) RETIRED
    Has-No-Heart - Templar Enchanter (v4) FUBAR
    Ambadassador - Dragon knight (v1) Naked with no future (returned from the naked realm to tank PvE)
    Sakis Tolis - Sorceror (v10 in progress) Living Legend!

Xuhl'Xotuun - Warden Current Main as im starting the game over essentially with this character aside from crafting.

Creator of Khajiit fall dmg reduction racial passive concept.

• Winnamine
    Winnamine
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds to me like someone in her group died, alone, not with crown, in a really terrible spot.
    I think that's evidence that he's a bad player, not her.
    If someone wants to stand in caltrops and siege and try to 1vX, I wish them a glorious death and many youtube hits, then I go heal/rez people who aren't trying to be heroes.
    Edited by Winnamine on April 1, 2015 4:47PM
    Winni
    ~
    VE
    Decibel
  • Sphinx2318
    Sphinx2318
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Winnamine ,

Winnie!!! i need a rez! will u plz log onto your alt and come get meeeeee? i ran solo into a zerg of DC dk bows without any gear on spamming healing springs into a breach at Brindle.........

hind sight...maybe it wasn't my best idea? Still..... THIS IS YOUR FAULT!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Winnamine
    Winnamine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sphinx2318 wrote: »
    @Winnamine ,

Winnie!!! i need a rez! will u plz log onto your alt and come get meeeeee? i ran solo into a zerg of DC dk bows without any gear on spamming healing springs into a breach at Brindle.........

hind sight...maybe it wasn't my best idea? Still..... THIS IS YOUR FAULT!!!!!!!!!!!

All my fault :(
    I'm bad and I feel bad.
    Edited by Winnamine on April 1, 2015 6:33PM
    Winni
    ~
    VE
    Decibel
  • akredon_ESO
    akredon_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    Roechacca wrote: »

ya can't be healed if you don't have some wounds. Physically or mentally.

I laughed way hard at this then i should have....

• Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've recently just gotten back to the country and game, and started some Cyrodiil. Lately I've seen (and received) a fair amount of healer abuse, and on one event I felt just like dropping the game altogether again, as it wasn't worth the aggravation and harassment.

It's one thing to offer constructive criticism, it's quite another to be blamed solely for a groups failure. Even the best healers would have a hard time keeping someone alive with 14k HP standing in an AoE. If you feel that you have been unfairly blamed I would suggest simply finding new people to group with instead of just quitting the game. Basically just stay away from toxic people, but also keep an open mind to constructive criticism.

lol well, it's not that. It was a random pug. I've never had problems with npk or LoM or any of them. Like, this guy died in the middle of a besieged, narrow corridor that was bombarded with caltrops and ballistas and two dozen enemies on his body. I told him I couldn't resurrect him, so he starts with the expletives, so his friend who was the leader removes me from the group. Which would have been fine, I am okay with that; but it didn't end there, his friends start messaging me with sexist, derogatory insults and I just got tired of putting people on my ignore list and logged off.

WHAT?????

never join that group again. Find another group to join. Let those idiots keep solo charging 12 players at once; they will learn in time.
  • deleted221205-002626
    deleted221205-002626
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Winnamine wrote: »

Sounds to me like someone in her group died, alone, not with crown, in a really terrible spot.
    I think that's evidence that he's a bad player, not her.
    If someone wants to stand in caltrops and siege and try to 1vX, I wish them a glorious death and many youtube hits, then I go heal/rez people who aren't trying to be heroes.

I see wat u did there!!! ;)
  • kewl
    kewl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run my healz with PUG groups frequently and have gotten flamed only twice. Once by a tank, who was promptly told by both DPS, that he was doing it wrong. The other time I politely thanked the group, wished them good luck and left. Generally speaking this community is pretty good. I don’t know how much B2P will change that?
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    moral of all these stories; ignore people like that.

If y'all are preparing to charge a breach, and some players are standing right at the breach, in all those oils being poured down upon them, DO NOT HEAL THEM. LET THEM DIE. If they still want to blame the healer, that's their fault.

If its a dungeon boss and the player consistently stands in powerful AOEs and refuses to block, dodge, and contribute to the groups' success, DO NOT HEAL THEM. LET THEM DIE. they will learn.

If neither of these work, just tell them that they are lucky to have a healer. Healers are a rare thing in ESO these days. Inform those idiots of this information and remind them that they should be GRATEFUL that they have a healer in the first place.
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It's one thing to offer constructive criticism, it's quite another to be blamed solely for a groups failure. Even the best healers would have a hard time keeping someone alive with 14k HP standing in an AoE. If you feel that you have been unfairly blamed I would suggest simply finding new people to group with instead of just quitting the game. Basically just stay away from toxic people, but also keep an open mind to constructive criticism.

You should have reported him. I'm sorry for your bad experience.
    :trollin:
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »
    I've never been yelled at as a healer. But I also might being doing any number of different things then you, from running with the right group of players, to being just an awesome healer, to being the unofficial healer where players don't recognize me as someone to blame because I'm in heavy armor.

I give you credit for healing in heavy armor and not running out of magicka.
    :trollin:
  • akredon_ESO
    akredon_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    its easy to heal in Heavy armor if you know what your doing :smiley:
  • Suru
    Suru
    ✭✭✭✭
    Healer life is hard, so many things to focus on and do at once. Its fun but its worth getting good at. If you're a competent healer, im sure its the DPS meatheads being stupid.

Suru
  • Ifthir_ESO
    Ifthir_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it didn't end there, his friends start messaging me with sexist, derogatory insults and I just got tired of putting people on my ignore list and logged off.

If it was a whole group, think of the favor they did you! Now you know a whole bunch of people you never have to deal with again since you ignored them :)
  • StienDeath
    StienDeath
    ✭✭✭
    Healer abuse ?

Hell in Heart of DaggerFall ( NA Chill DC) we treat healers like Divine beings... free food and pot's for the guild and everything ..

maybe we spoil em to much ...?
    Tired of getting trolled by ZOS MOD's ........
    Ban Hammer of Hear of Daggerfall
    Founding Member