Maintenance for the week of September 20:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 22, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) – 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 22, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) – 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The Deadlands DLC and Update 32 base game patch are now available to test on the PTS! Read the full patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/586882/

Failing to Patch

Adryssa_Joneley
Adryssa_Joneley
✭✭✭
I seem to be stuck in a loop where my game downloaded the patch, and then it fails to apply the patch. I click REPAIR and it starts the patching process, only to fail it again. I've attempted this like 4 times now and each time, its failing to patch. I just came back to ESO and i can't believe this issue is still around after a year. /sigh So i can't patch it, meaning i won't be able to log in to play at all. Not a way i wanted to spend my day off. From what i can see, many people are having many crashes and issues so for many, it seems the patch did go through. Have they disabled the patching because of fixing this issue and that is why its failing to patch?
  • dreamer
    dreamer
    ✭✭
    I also have issues with this. I can NEVER patch without having to repair. So tonight, for example, an approximately 400mb patch should have taken a few minutes to download and install, but nooo....some file failed to unzip so now I get to repair again, which takes hours. Maybe I'll get to play tonight, maybe I'll just go play something else. I also had the same freaking issues at launch. Seriously doubting I'll pay for another month with all the issues combined. Just fix the patcher already, we shouldn't have to go through all this just to play the game.
  • Adryssa_Joneley
    Adryssa_Joneley
    ✭✭✭
    The exact message i am getting is...

    Error 210-PatchManifestError_DownloadFail

    Unable to download patch manifest. This could be from a recent update. If this problem persists for more than an hour, please run the game consultant tool (located under launcher settings -About) and contact customer support KB Article.
  • Adryssa_Joneley
    Adryssa_Joneley
    ✭✭✭
    dreamer wrote: »
    I also have issues with this. I can NEVER patch without having to repair. So tonight, for example, an approximately 400mb patch should have taken a few minutes to download and install, but nooo....some file failed to unzip so now I get to repair again, which takes hours. Maybe I'll get to play tonight, maybe I'll just go play something else. I also had the same freaking issues at launch. Seriously doubting I'll pay for another month with all the issues combined. Just fix the patcher already, we shouldn't have to go through all this just to play the game.


    It's terribly painful huh?! /sigh I came back yesterday and thought "WoW its running really well... ive missed the game quite a lot and was so excited to get back into it. I have a day off today and was anxious to play my new toon, and now this. /sighs again


  • Adryssa_Joneley
    Adryssa_Joneley
    ✭✭✭
    Ok i went into the Launcher and selected GameConsulted and ran a test. I did nothing else. Now when i went back to my game launcher, the word PLAY is now highlighted. I am not sure if this somehow fixed the issue, but it seems to work now by doing so.
  • Adryssa_Joneley
    Adryssa_Joneley
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, now its switched back to needing Repair again. wtf???
  • Intrilo
    Intrilo
    ✭✭
    I get the same error, i really dont know what to do, i can press play but then it says the client is outdated and i need to download the patch...
  • Taalus
    Taalus
    Soul Shriven
    Run the game through the .exe and bypass the launcher having downloaded the patch first.
    Equally running the game through radeon pro for sweet FX users also works.
  • Intrilo
    Intrilo
    ✭✭
    Taalus wrote: »
    Run the game through the .exe and bypass the launcher having downloaded the patch first.
    Equally running the game through radeon pro for sweet FX users also works.

    How will that effect the game when you dont download the new content things?
  • Taalus
    Taalus
    Soul Shriven
    Intrilo wrote: »
    Taalus wrote: »
    Run the game through the .exe and bypass the launcher having downloaded the patch first.
    Equally running the game through radeon pro for sweet FX users also works.

    How will that effect the game when you dont download the new content things?


    Download the patch first, it seems to be the launcher thats stopping you

  • Horrum
    Horrum
    ✭✭✭
    Same here. Well done ZOS
  • LameoveR
    LameoveR
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same here.
    Trying to resolve.

    No point in running repair. It's just verifying files and then 210 error again.
    Edited by LameoveR on March 31, 2015 4:58AM

  • DarkSpark
    DarkSpark
    Taalus is right. If you get the abovelisted error just goto the following location and select eso.exe and it works.

    C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client

    Really annoying but meh. it works.
  • Caza99
    Caza99
    ✭✭✭✭
    DarkSpark wrote: »
    Taalus is right. If you get the abovelisted error just goto the following location and select eso.exe and it works.

    C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client

    Really annoying but meh. it works.
    I'm getting these issues as well, but when I launch through eso.exe, it immediately crashes, giving me the crash reporter
    PC NA - @Merœr
    • Arcane: AD MagSorc
    • Aurora: DC Stamplar
    • Blaze: DC MagDK
    • Dawn: EP Magplar
    • Fortress: EP StamDK
    • Grace: DC Magden
    • Guardian: DC Stamden
    • Mystic: DC Magsorc
    • Prism: EP Magplar
    • Shade: EP Stamblade
    • Shadow: AD Magblade
    • Toxin: DC StamDK
    • Winter: DC Magden
    • Wraith: AD Stamblade
  • Belrim
    Belrim
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, getting this problem again. Patching does not work, repair is a waste of time. Next step: re-installing the launcher (and re-setting the run as admin thing), that usually sorts it.
    Edited by Belrim on March 31, 2015 6:40AM
    Early bird gets the worm, but second mouse gets the cheese.
  • DarkSpark
    DarkSpark
    Yeah as much as i hate using other games as a reference point, i really wish they had patches setup in the same way as wow did. In that you could just patch through launcher but if needed you could download individual patches and install them. So that all the data was there and you could just download the relevant patches etc. Plus i get better speeds out of torrenting stuff than direct downloads most times.
  • Snippit_Thomas
    Snippit_Thomas
    ✭✭✭
    The exact message i am getting is...

    Error 210-PatchManifestError_DownloadFail

    Unable to download patch manifest. This could be from a recent update. If this problem persists for more than an hour, please run the game consultant tool (located under launcher settings -About) and contact customer support KB Article.

    Getting the same error

    Not Happy
  • Zorgon_The_Revenged
    Zorgon_The_Revenged
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I seem to be stuck in a loop where my game downloaded the patch, and then it fails to apply the patch. I click REPAIR and it starts the patching process, only to fail it again. I've attempted this like 4 times now and each time, its failing to patch. I just came back to ESO and i can't believe this issue is still around after a year. /sigh So i can't patch it, meaning i won't be able to log in to play at all. Not a way i wanted to spend my day off. From what i can see, many people are having many crashes and issues so for many, it seems the patch did go through. Have they disabled the patching because of fixing this issue and that is why its failing to patch?

    ^^This.

    The pop up telling you to delete files in game folders seems a cheap and lazy workaround for the games creators. I shouldn't have to do this.

    It finally worked and patched the game but it felt like I was rolling a D6 in a hope I got a six so I could play.

    (oh, no wait. Close the launcher and the error message pops up again)
  • infob16_ESO630
    I have the same issue and when i try to run GameConsultant.exe it immediately crashes. Have tried to repair and patch now several times. Think this problem started yesterday?
  • Talwyn_Aureliano
    Talwyn_Aureliano
    ✭✭✭
    This:

    Tandor wrote: »
    Ignore the FAQ, just close the launcher and re-open it again, making sure that you run the launcher as administrator. That will usually give you the "Play" prompt and you'll be able to log in ok. It may take a couple of attempts. It's a false error report that usually appears for a few days after a patch but then goes away. It's very well known by many players - as evidenced by the number of threads this week giving the same advice - but never acknowledged by ZOS who only point people to the knowledge base which doesn't resolve things!
  • LameoveR
    LameoveR
    ✭✭✭✭
    Problem started after patch.
    Try to launch eso.exe directly.

  • Stege
    Stege
    Soul Shriven
    LameoveR wrote: »
    Problem started after patch.
    Try to launch eso.exe directly.

    Yeah, running the eso.exe directly got me into the game too.
    From the launcher i got stuck at Error 210.
    I wonder if addons have anything to do with this issues?
    I have quite a few installed and managed by Minion.
  • LameoveR
    LameoveR
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stege wrote: »
    I wonder if addons have anything to do with this issues?
    I have quite a few installed and managed by Minion.
    Addons didn't affect launcher.

  • Adryssa_Joneley
    Adryssa_Joneley
    ✭✭✭
    Stege wrote: »
    LameoveR wrote: »
    Problem started after patch.
    Try to launch eso.exe directly.

    Yeah, running the eso.exe directly got me into the game too.
    From the launcher i got stuck at Error 210.
    I wonder if addons have anything to do with this issues?
    I have quite a few installed and managed by Minion.

    I dont use any add-ons and i am still getting this Error 210, and its been like 11 hours now and still getting this repair issue. It allowed me into the game and later i crashed and its now back on Repair and can't launch the game. This is frustrating.
  • rhysrwb17_ESO1
    Hi Guys,

    I had this issue earlier, however closing and opening the launcher a few times seems to make it ok.

    I suspect the problem lies with ZOS's CDN, which will explain why some people work and others don't (And why it does work sometimes for me and not others).

    As a suggestion, close the launcher, change your DNS to Google's one (8.8.8.8) and see if you have more success. If so, it kinda proves it is a CDN-type issue (I know I haven't had it again since changing my DNS, however that could be a coincidence).
  • ZOS_MollyH
    Greetings, all. We understand that Error 209 and Error 210 are frustrating and the troubleshooting steps may seem like they're not working for you. They are provided as initial first steps to resolve these errors as they have worked for many players in the past, but we understand that this is not always the case.

    That said, please keep in mind that our Code of Conduct in mind when posting about your specific issue. Many comments have been removed from this and similar threads due to violating rules such as bashing, misinformation, and trolling. We welcome the sharing of both positive and negative ideas , however please keep further comments within the Code of Conduct.

    If the troubleshooting steps available to you in our FAQ and provided here are not helping to resolve your issue, as always the best method of receiving support is through submitting a support request. When submitting a support request, please be sure to include a game consultant file and your host.developer log file.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Imposator
    Imposator
    ✭✭✭
    First of all, sorry for my english writing because I'm not english speaking.

    Can someone explain me what is the probability that so many people have the same error after downloading the update 2.0.3?
    I'm not that good in probabilities but I think that with a "normal" update it should be close to nill, isn't it?

    And what is the probability that the solution given doesn't work at all for most people? There again, it should be close to nill, isn't it?

    So my question is, what ZOS will do to get this fixed quickly?

    Thank you for your answer.
    Edited by Imposator on March 31, 2015 5:31PM
  • Intrilo
    Intrilo
    ✭✭
    Made a ticket sent them everything they asked for and more and they replied with a standard "auto message" telling me to do stuffs i already said to them i did (they linked me to the troubleshooting guide i did over and over again) ... Kinda felt they just saw the title of the email and copy pasted something...

    @ZOS_MollyH come on please... really.. What can and should i do? Clearly emailing the support dont help since they seem not to really enóugh to give me a real answer i wanna get back in to the game!
    Edited by Intrilo on March 31, 2015 6:04PM
  • PKMN12
    PKMN12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_MollyH wrote: »
    Greetings, all. We understand that Error 209 and Error 210 are frustrating and the troubleshooting steps may seem like they're not working for you. They are provided as initial first steps to resolve these errors as they have worked for many players in the past, but we understand that this is not always the case.

    That said, please keep in mind that our Code of Conduct in mind when posting about your specific issue. Many comments have been removed from this and similar threads due to violating rules such as bashing, misinformation, and trolling. We welcome the sharing of both positive and negative ideas , however please keep further comments within the Code of Conduct.

    If the troubleshooting steps available to you in our FAQ and provided here are not helping to resolve your issue, as always the best method of receiving support is through submitting a support request. When submitting a support request, please be sure to include a game consultant file and your host.developer log file.

    Problem is, "support" just sends an auto message saying to to use all of the things that are clearly not working for any of us. No point in sending a support request if all they do is give us useless information.
  • ZOS_MollyH
    Greetings,

    If you received initial troubleshooting from contacting support, please reply to the email and let the agent know that it didn't resolve your issue. At that time, the next set of troubleshooting steps can occur. Our Support agents may have to look at your Game Consultant report to take a closer look at what could be causing your specific error and may be able to provide a more detailed response once they know the initial steps did not work.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Intrilo
    Intrilo
    ✭✭
    ZOS_MollyH wrote: »
    Greetings,

    If you received initial troubleshooting from contacting support, please reply to the email and let the agent know that it didn't resolve your issue. At that time, the next set of troubleshooting steps can occur. Our Support agents may have to look at your Game Consultant report to take a closer look at what could be causing your specific error and may be able to provide a more detailed response once they know the initial steps did not work.

    So i did, and they replied once again with another copy paste from another troubble shooting guide i already stated i had tried <.<
Sign In or Register to comment.