The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Error 209

Aliniel
Aliniel
✭✭✭✭
This popped up after Updating. I restarted the Launcher, it was still there. Restarted again and pressed Play asap, the game started. Might prove a problem in the future though - asks for repair.
gvsyccgrit98.png
  • Kragorn
    Kragorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Repair doesn't do anything, the problem is random, sometimes I get it opening the launcher sometimes I don't .. just now I quit the game and when the launcher window came into view the PLAY button where there for a second then changed to REPAIR!

Many people having this, so far total silence from ZOS.
  • ZOS_LenaicR
    ZOS_LenaicR
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi there,

Could you please use this article from our knowledge base? This should help you solve your issue.

Please let us know if that doesn't, we will be glad to help you further!
    Edited by ZOS_LenaicR on March 5, 2015 6:43PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | Base de connaissance ESO

Staff Post
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ignore the FAQ, just close the launcher and re-open it again, making sure that you run the launcher as administrator. That will usually give you the "Play" prompt and you'll be able to log in ok. It may take a couple of attempts. It's a false error report that usually appears for a few days after a patch but then goes away. It's very well known by many players - as evidenced by the number of threads this week giving the same advice - but never acknowledged by ZOS who only point people to the knowledge base which doesn't resolve things!
    Edited by Tandor on March 5, 2015 9:04PM
  • Aliniel
    Aliniel
    ✭✭✭✭
    As @Tandor said it was only temporary error. After that one time it never appeared again. No in-game problems as well.
  • Flynch
    Flynch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah they need to sticky a response saying 'don't touch the damn repair button or do anything at all' else they'll end up in a 31gig download scenario.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its fully possible to bypass the launcher completely when you start the game, just use the client file directly and only use the launcher when you know theres an update.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • stereoviewer
    Hi there,

Could you please use this article from our knowledge base? This should help you solve your issue.

Please let us know if that doesn't, we will be glad to help you further!

It says I should reinstall and abort. The problem is that the game file is too large for this. I got two SSD drives (one dedicated to ESO), but it's not enough. This is absurd. Fix it or loose Money!

• Talwyn_Aureliano
    Talwyn_Aureliano
    ✭✭✭
    Flynch wrote: »
    Yeah they need to sticky a response saying 'don't touch the damn repair button or do anything at all' else they'll end up in a 31gig download scenario.

I wish I'd read this before following the utterly USELESS advice on the FAQ.

I've wasted 31gb and 7 hours on the repair.

Really really VERY unhappy
  • bluxwaverwb17_ESO
    Just got booted from the game

am admin

deleted all files but game assets many times, reinstalled launcher many times
    added the manifest many times

repaired many many times

still get this error
  • lunareast
    lunareast
    <<WARNING>>... DO NOT follow their so called article in their knowledge base... I did exactly what they posted.. every single step. Damn thing deleted my entire game installation.

Now i'm stuck re-downloading and reinstalling the game.... from scratch!

Took me freaking 9 hours to complete the last download/installation on a 200mbps fibre optic broadband connection....

Good job ZOS!! *glares*
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey everyone,

We understand there's a lot of frustration surrounding error 209 and we'll be happy to explain what's occurring. Error 209 is relatively common after a patch is released as it takes some time for the data to be populated to all our content delivery nodes. If you happen to ping a server that doesn't have the data populated just yet, you'll receive error 209. Waiting for a short time and trying again will usually resolve this.

We have a knowledge base article that contains several troubleshooting steps, a couple of which involve removing some files, but none of the steps involve deleting and reinstalling the entire game.

If anyone notices that the steps prompt a full reinstall, can you specify which step you were following that led to this? If possible, please also let us know how much data is re-downloading from the launcher, as the vo files are pretty large.

If a full reinstall is not prompted and you continue to experience the same issue, we encourage you to open a ticket with customer support that includes a game consultant file and a host developer log.

Thanks for your patience!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Intrilo
    Intrilo
    ✭✭
    ZOS_GaryA wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

We understand there's a lot of frustration surrounding error 209 and we'll be happy to explain what's occurring. Error 209 is relatively common after a patch is released as it takes some time for the data to be populated to all our content delivery nodes. If you happen to ping a server that doesn't have the data populated just yet, you'll receive error 209. Waiting for a short time and trying again will usually resolve this.

We have a knowledge base article that contains several troubleshooting steps, a couple of which involve removing some files, but none of the steps involve deleting and reinstalling the entire game.

If anyone notices that the steps prompt a full reinstall, can you specify which step you were following that led to this? If possible, please also let us know how much data is re-downloading from the launcher, as the vo files are pretty large.

If a full reinstall is not prompted and you continue to experience the same issue, we encourage you to open a ticket with customer support that includes a game consultant file and a host developer log.

Thanks for your patience!

I did just that and i only got like a auto respond message from the support with info i already known (saw from the website) so idk.. wasnt that helpfull contacting the support :S
  • ZOS_MollyH
    Hi, all. We are closing this thread because there is already a thread about this issue.
    Keeping threads consolidated allows us to help players more efficiently and facilitates the visibility of different issues. We encourage you to head to that thread to continue your discussion.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.