Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 14:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 14
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 14, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 4:00PM EDT (20:00 UTC)
• NA megaservers for maintenance – October 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667236
• EU megaservers for maintenance – October 16, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667236
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667236

[Video] Introduction to PvP in ESO

pppontus
pppontus
✭✭✭✭✭
  • DoctorSwampy
    DoctorSwampy
    ✭✭✭
    11/10 I cri everityme
    A+ documentary of Cyrodiilic Combat tactics, I look forward to seeing this with a Morgan Freeman voice over.
  • Poxheart
    Poxheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This needs more exposure. It's a sad thing that large scale combat performance has actually gotten worse as time has gone on.
    Unsubbed and no longer playing, but still checking the Alliance War forum for the lulz.

Pox Dragon Knight
    Poxheart Nightblade
    The Murder Hobo Dragon Knight - Blackwater Blade
    Knights of the WhiteWolf
  • WebBull
    WebBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Poxheart wrote: »
    This needs more exposure. It's a sad thing that large scale combat performance has actually gotten worse as time has gone on.

It doesnt even have to be large scale combat anymore. You can lag out on 20v20 now.

At least in the OP's video combat is being attempted. Last night on Thorn U.S., EP just stacks 30+ on the flag and spams away until everyone lags out and the keep flips. Nothing new.

Siege MUST be made meaningful. Lag MUST be fixed. If ZOS would just wise up and remove all spell effects PvP would likely be playable. Half the time there are so many spell effects going off that you can't even see what is going on around you.
  • bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not quite sure what to make of that, old boy. It's combat reduced to a chaotic nightmare. The three banner moment was quite decorative ;)

But I do love Marvin Gaye, even in a dance mix :)
  • pppontus
    pppontus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WebBull wrote: »
    Poxheart wrote: »

It doesnt even have to be large scale combat anymore. You can lag out on 20v20 now.

At least in the OP's video combat is being attempted. Last night on Thorn U.S., EP just stacks 30+ on the flag and spams away until everyone lags out and the keep flips. Nothing new.

Siege MUST be made meaningful. Lag MUST be fixed. If ZOS would just wise up and remove all spell effects PvP would likely be playable. Half the time there are so many spell effects going off that you can't even see what is going on around you.

There was a large amount of EP on the flags as well at this time and they did flip the outpost. We just know already there is no point to fight them there because it lags even worse than it does here. So I just yolo:ed it upstairs hoping I'd just die so it would be over.

It's absolutely *** to the point where now on the evenings the entire North East side of the map is just a god damn lagfest. You don't even have to be in the battles to feel it anymore.

The only fights to be had are in the South as both AD and us never seem to feel the need to group 100 players in the same location.

It's ridiculous that it lags, but honestly, it's even more ridiculous that these lag groups exist. I just cannot for the life of me understand how anyone can enjoy that gameplay? I mean these groups gotta lag whereever they go (I'm guessing?) so how can they even stand being in Cyrodiil?
  • DoctorSwampy
    DoctorSwampy
    ✭✭✭

^
    The guilds I run with have this problem. We run in small groups usually and we STILL have continuous crashes every damn day, mostly on our leader's end which is very, very negative.
    It really seems impossible for lag to become this bad on servers even with the highest population possible. Unless ZOS likes using the server room to fry eggs and bacon in the morning with the heat from how spammed it is with the masses of clients at one sole spot on the campaign. I've just never seen lag like this in absolutely any game I've never played that was on the game's end.
    OP, your video is the epitome of PvP right now. I really hope ZOS sees this.
    Edited by DoctorSwampy on March 18, 2015 2:41PM
  • andy_s
    andy_s
    ✭✭✭✭
    Edited by andy_s on March 18, 2015 2:57PM
    World's First Cloudrest Hardmode + Speed Run + No Death w/ HODOR
    Tick-Tock Tormentor & All vHoF Achievements done w/ Chimaira
    World's First Sanctum Ophidia Difficult Mode (patch 1.5)
    World#2 vMoL All Achievements w/ Aquila Raiders
  • Taonnor
    Taonnor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. ESO PvP is still unstable.

But its too much fun!

See back to DAoC to their hundrets of zone crashes and FPS Lags (Turn cloaks off!! :smile: ). So with a picture of that problems from DAoC in the past. The actual problems of ESO are hurting, but i think its playable.

I hope they will further investigate in that lag problems and can fix it. DAoC needed many years to fix that problems (f.e. a complete change of engine).
    Guild

Gildenleiter von Lux Dei (EU/AD). Offizieller Gildenspotlight für ESOTU!
    Guild leader of Lux Dei (EU/AD). Official Guild Spotlight for ESOTU!

Addons & Guides

ESOUI Author Portal: Taonnor
    Addons: Taos AP Session, Taos Group Tools

Myth AoE Cap: DE Mythos AoE Cap // EN Myth AoE Cap

What should i change in ESO: DE [DGR] Was würde ich an ESO verändern - "Der große Rundumschlag" // EN [TWS] What should i change in ESO – „The sweeping statement“

Charakters

Taonnor Annare, Sorcerer
    Thao Annare, Nightblade
  • WebBull
    WebBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taonnor wrote: »
    Yes. ESO PvP is still unstable.

But its too much fun!

See back to DAoC to their hundrets of zone crashes and FPS Lags (Turn cloaks off!! :smile: ). So with a picture of that problems from DAoC in the past. The actual problems of ESO are hurting, but i think its playable.

I hope they will further investigate in that lag problems and can fix it. DAoC needed many years to fix that problems (f.e. a complete change of engine).

- It's not just "still" unstable, it is getting worse every patch.
    - It was fun but now it is so bad I just log out after an hour or so because of crashes
    - DAoC progressively got better, this game is progressively getting worse.
    - DAoC was 10-12 years ago, you would have thought there would be some advancement in technology/programing
    - Zos's most recent solution to the fix is to "not bunch up" and "spread out". Not joking, that is what they said.

Unfortunately it seems like ZOS has completely given up on AvA/Cyrodiil.

• pppontus
    pppontus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, at least they have been making statements lately.. which is more than they've done for the past 8 months.
  • Workerdroid7
    Workerdroid7
    ✭✭✭
    Watching this video reminds me of why I've started to avoid any Keep taking or defending as much as possible. Once a certain threshold of player numbers is involved I find it completely impossible to actually use any tactics or playing skill... maybe I'm too old for the fast paced nature of it all, but that kind of thing is just not fun for me.

I'd rather do smaller scale combat outside the keeps, while the "zergs" fight it out without me. Less chaos, less lag... and easier for my old eyes and reflexes to make sense of what is going on.

A side note: I actually do enjoy keep attacks and defence tremendously, but NOT with so many players that it turns into complete sensory overload instead of fun gaming.
  • pppontus
    pppontus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, this is not so much about tactics or .. well, anything at all for that matter. Since no one is taking damage from anything that's happening and the server clearly doesn't know wtf is going on.. it's pretty hard to even pretend you have a tactic. So I pretend to be a dragon instead.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. It should be more than a big red circle you should try to get out of the way from.

Siege fire should be something you almost have to get out the way from - it should be a main method to disperse unshielded groups.

Siege fire should cause knockback (unavoidable), stun, long lingering DoT AoE... It's siege!

I would not be opposed to slight variations in trajectory, either. These are not the most accurate devises ever created, it should get you in the general vicinity...

(Bounce/Ricochet would be a nice touch, too, but the servers are choking enough already as it is)
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You just keep on struttin with those wings out and groovin to the lag beat.

LTR7auI.gif

#SoMuchSwag
    Edited by Yolokin_Swagonborn on March 19, 2015 11:42PM
  • Streega
    Streega
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Yolokin_Swagonborn, is that is what you inviting me for? :smiley: Sorry, all the guars in Tamriel won't drag me there :smiley:

Btw, I love the chick in battle wedding dress :3
    ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃ Don't-Care-Bear ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃
    PC EU "House Tertia" - Friendly Guild for Mature Folks (housetertia.com)
    PC EU "Priests of Hircine" - Awesome Guild for Friendly Werewolves (free bites!)
    Master Angler
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Streega
    Don't you wish you had this much swag?

My point is the this won't get fixed unless more people join. And there are some fun small scale groups you can get into that don't involve mass siege.

• Streega
    Streega
    ✭✭✭✭✭

OMG, when I saw this guy... I laughed my *base* off :p Wow, much swag, such awesomness! Well, I may reconsider :smile: But... why he has wings in his... bottom? Is it a new swag for dragons?... Like tilted helmet or sth?

And for realz, I'm training my horsie to be ready for Cyro, so better fix that lag, ZOS! Yep, and a couple lvls more for myself would be nice as well...
    Edited by Streega on March 20, 2015 12:16AM
    ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃ Don't-Care-Bear ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃
    PC EU "House Tertia" - Friendly Guild for Mature Folks (housetertia.com)
    PC EU "Priests of Hircine" - Awesome Guild for Friendly Werewolves (free bites!)
    Master Angler
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Streega wrote: »

OMG, when I saw this guy... I laughed my *base* off :p Wow, much swag, such awesomness! Well, I may reconsider :smile: But... why he has wings in his... bottom? Is it a new swag for dragons?... Like tilted helmet or sth?

And for realz, I'm training my horsie to be ready for Cyro, so better fix that lag, ZOS! Yep, and a couple lvls more for myself would be nice as well...

Yes dragonknights sprout wings from their butts. We have always said Reflective Scales was a BS skill. Now we have video proof.