Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

From a Lore Standpoint, how tall are Wood Elves (Bosmer)

• Vaerth
    Vaerth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Archer79 wrote: »
    Can you confirm that a male Bosmer is the same heights as a Male Dunmer with sliders all full height?[/quote]

I am sorry if my last post have missled you, what I meant was since they keep changing character heights with every new game, that I personally believe that all known races are of the same average height, of course I'm not saying that they look alike, nor do they have the same physiques, what I'm saying is that there average heights are roughly the same, except for the Altmer,Nords, and Orcs, as I have mentioned earlier. Now my male Bosmer is at max height and he is as tall as the shortest Dunmer, and little shorter than the average Dunmer. The height chart image that was posted earlier, I believe by @Rosveen, is the most accurate chart I've seen so far. I have to mention though very few Dunmer players & NPCs' are at maxed height so you wouldn't notice much height difference while playing PVE content, just don't stand close to an Altmer. ;)

@AngryNord, game-play charts, and mechanics are not lore, lore comes from in-book lore books, or published lore books like the Emperor Guide and the like, because game mechanics change with every new game, sure some racial traits appear repeatedly with some races, but that might change as well, Altmer used to have weakness to flame,frost, and shock, and resistance to paralysis in previous games but not in skyrim, and of course not in ESO, Bosmer used to be great healers in The Elder Scrolls-Shadowkey, but returned to be thieves and assassins in later games. So you cant base game mechanics and racials as lore, because they do change in every new TES game that comes out.

Edit: sorry the image was posted by @Rosveen, not @Panda244, sorry again for the mixup. :# [/quote]

Well good point put out here.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Trolling & Baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_BradL on March 18, 2015 11:48PM
    Pact Bloodwraith
  • Elder_III
    Elder_III
    ✭✭✭✭
    Traditionally, in single player games (esp. prior to Skyrim) Male Bosmer were 5'2" tall and the shortest of all the races/genders.

In ESO you can adjust your height, so just make a taller Bosmer and your problem is solved.
    Semi retired from the trading aspects of the game.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, as promised I got a chance to hop on the PTS last night and do some comparison screenshots.

All of these are with the height slider set to max, and all use an Imperial (also with the height slider set to max) as the comparison (although there are 3 different Imperials, as I had to create 1 in each faction - but all are set to max height).

DC races first:

Breton_zpsnhfcstti.jpg
    Breton (on the right)

orc_zpsaw6y5i34.jpg
    Orc (on the right)

redguard_zpsnp8eyriz.jpg
    Redguard (on the right)

AD races next:

altmer_zpswfw37gaa.jpg
    Altmer (on the left)

bosmer_zpsp1hutsgk.jpg
    Bosmer (on the left)

khajiit_zpstszc7uww.jpg
    Khajiit (on the left)

EP races next:

argonian_zpsjq6qotue.jpg
    Argonian (on the left)

dunmer_zps2iwbhja8.jpg
    Dunmer (on the left)

nord_zpsqrvtk3ea.jpg
    Nord (on the left)

I was originally going to do the same with female examples, but frankly I got really sick of creating these guys and lining them up for screenshots. I'll also probably run into the character deletion limit if I try. I might still do this at some point, but don't hold your breath.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tall enough to stay on the front page of the forums for better than 3 days now ;)

The problem with this, during character creation is that there is nothing to reference your proportions to.

They need to throw some background environmental items, heck, even average NPC's for a reference point.

It's why my ol' girl towers the way she does.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Archer79
    Archer79
    @UrQuan Thank you for the screenshots they are very helpful. Looking at those screens it seems that they made them after the Morrowind model and not the one from oblivion, still Skyrim had the best Bosmer Model in both height and appearance.

I don't know I just hope that they will get an overhaul to their appearance and height, I mean since the mounts will shrink in size and the heavy armor helms will increase in size, its best if they made them of average height,and whoever wants to have a short Bosmer can do that, but for those players that want to have a cool average height wood elf assassin, they can have that too.
  • Vaerth
    Vaerth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vaerth wrote: »
    Can you confirm that a male Bosmer is the same heights as a Male Dunmer with sliders all full height?

I am sorry if my last post have missled you, what I meant was since they keep changing character heights with every new game, that I personally believe that all known races are of the same average height, of course I'm not saying that they look alike, nor do they have the same physiques, what I'm saying is that there average heights are roughly the same, except for the Altmer,Nords, and Orcs, as I have mentioned earlier. Now my male Bosmer is at max height and he is as tall as the shortest Dunmer, and little shorter than the average Dunmer. The height chart image that was posted earlier, I believe by @Rosveen, is the most accurate chart I've seen so far. I have to mention though very few Dunmer players & NPCs' are at maxed height so you wouldn't notice much height difference while playing PVE content, just don't stand close to an Altmer. ;)

@AngryNord, game-play charts, and mechanics are not lore, lore comes from in-book lore books, or published lore books like the Emperor Guide and the like, because game mechanics change with every new game, sure some racial traits appear repeatedly with some races, but that might change as well, Altmer used to have weakness to flame,frost, and shock, and resistance to paralysis in previous games but not in skyrim, and of course not in ESO, Bosmer used to be great healers in The Elder Scrolls-Shadowkey, but returned to be thieves and assassins in later games. So you cant base game mechanics and racials as lore, because they do change in every new TES game that comes out.

Edit: sorry the image was posted by @Rosveen, not @Panda244, sorry again for the mixup. :# [/quote]

Well good point put out here.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Trolling & Baiting][/quote]

WHAT about this post was bad and needed "moderation"?
    @UrQuan Thank you for the screenshots they are very helpful. Looking at those screens it seems that they made them after the Morrowind model and not the one from oblivion, still Skyrim had the best Bosmer Model in both height and appearance.

I don't know I just hope that they will get an overhaul to their appearance and height, I mean since the mounts will shrink in size and the heavy armor helms will increase in size, its best if they made them of average height,and whoever wants to have a short Bosmer can do that, but for those players that want to have a cool average height wood elf assassin, they can have that too.

Agreed
    Pact Bloodwraith
  • Vaerth
    Vaerth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tall enough to stay on the front page of the forums for better than 3 days now ;)

The problem with this, during character creation is that there is nothing to reference your proportions to.

They need to throw some background environmental items, heck, even average NPC's for a reference point.

It's why my ol' girl towers the way she does.

Indeed, gotta love starting a thread that does not die off in an hour, lol
    Pact Bloodwraith
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @UrQuan Thank you for the screenshots they are very helpful. Looking at those screens it seems that they made them after the Morrowind model .

Nooo.... I recall dunmer being quite tall in Morrowind
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis