The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Subscribe payment and Crown_shop prices for different region

• xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, if another country gets the game for 5 US dollars a month, put my name on the (word not allowed in forums) for US citizens to get it for 5 US dollars a month, or allow us to buy timecards from whatever countries get it cheaper and apply to US accounts as well.

Put me on that too :D Thats exactly why it´s a bad idea :D
  • sparafucilsarwb17_ESO
    sparafucilsarwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am not from Russia but I voted 1 for you.
  • Psychobunni
    Psychobunni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ashlee17 wrote: »

And for anyone in the US unhappy about this- you get cheap shipping on all merchandise. Let us international players have this one.

lulzy...who cares about a stuffed animal? one in 500 players? one in 1000? Not to mention that they have 0 control over postal rates.

If ZOS can afford to offer the game for less than 15 US dollars to other countries, then ZOS can afford to offer the same price to US citizens, its really not that difficult.

Edited by Psychobunni on March 18, 2015 1:18PM
    If options weren't necessary, and everyone played the same way, no one would use addons. Fix the UI!

• Exstazik
    Exstazik
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well with some manipulation in steam people still can buy crowns 2 times cheaper than some region and official prices afford.So idk why ZOS can't difference the price for several countries :/
  • Rydik
    Rydik
    ✭✭✭✭
    Reykice wrote: »
    Rydik wrote: »
    You don't find here any good answers. This problem appear only today, only for Russia, price for game was doubled. It exist only for Ru, other dont care about this, or gona chose crap answers like 2 and 3. While economic problems exist more then half year, price was ruined for Ru only today, so @Zos, don't wait for any new players from Ru with this politic...
    P.s. Steam still work with normal prices for Ru and don't have any problems, while ZOS chose to "close" ESO for Ru.

Well buddy, you should stop invading other countries... it generally helps your economy not to have the EU and USA impose economic sanctions.

Zos is doing nothing special, Russia is a currency risk, odds are your currency will keep loosing value due to Ukraine and the economic sanctions that went with it. ZOS is running a business here...

If the sanctions get any worse eventually ZOS will have to stop providing ESO in Russia... as they are an US company are they not?

Putin is the guy you should be speaking to....
    Lol, expert founded. We all doomed without your highly qualified opinion. Before talking be sure you know what you talking about, if not, be silent.
  • Qalie
    Qalie
    This actually effects Canadians, too. Seems like a pretty good way to lose customers, but I guess they gain more in the converted currencies than they lose in unhappy people. I for one have quit paying for it. I had intended to continue, but it's not worth 18$ a month. Especially not when they just launched b2p, AND haven't given any warning that this was happening that I've found. Their loss, I guess.
  • angel59
    angel59
    ✭✭✭
    @Qalie ZOS could just charge $15 US and you would pay $18.75C at today's exchange rate, plus whatever fee your financial institution pays. I dont see why ZOS has to take the hit on exchange rates. And yes, I am Canadian.

If your enjoyment is not worth $18, then you are doing the right thing. The B2P gives us the opportunity to buy crowns only when we need them.
  • Qalie
    Qalie
    I don't need to buy crowns, either. And if you think about it, in the 4 years I played wow - through our exchange rate fluctuations - the price remained the same as the us. In fact I think the store is kind of...well...empty, & frankly uninteresting. With all the hype TU got, I figured they would have more to offer. Or more variety, perhaps. Either way its' no harm to me. I'm pretty sure I've also gotten screwed over on the # of crowns I have received, as well, but I'm waiting on a ticket to hear back from them.
  • starbuck1771b14_ESO
    Reykice wrote: »
    Rydik wrote: »
    You don't find here any good answers. This problem appear only today, only for Russia, price for game was doubled. It exist only for Ru, other dont care about this, or gona chose crap answers like 2 and 3. While economic problems exist more then half year, price was ruined for Ru only today, so @Zos, don't wait for any new players from Ru with this politic...
    P.s. Steam still work with normal prices for Ru and don't have any problems, while ZOS chose to "close" ESO for Ru.

Well buddy, you should stop invading other countries... it generally helps your economy not to have the EU and USA impose economic sanctions.

Zos is doing nothing special, Russia is a currency risk, odds are your currency will keep loosing value due to Ukraine and the economic sanctions that went with it. ZOS is running a business here...

If the sanctions get any worse eventually ZOS will have to stop providing ESO in Russia... as they are an US company are they not?

Putin is the guy you should be speaking to....

So much LOL!!!
    I would like to see how ZOS stops providing access to the game for only one country. And all these refunds. That would be epic!

ZOS wouldn't have to refund anything as the game is B2P and they got what they payed for. Does Russia also have VAT?
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    angel59 wrote: »
    @Qalie ZOS could just charge $15 US and you would pay $18.75C at today's exchange rate, plus whatever fee your financial institution pays. I dont see why ZOS has to take the hit on exchange rates. And yes, I am Canadian.

If your enjoyment is not worth $18, then you are doing the right thing. The B2P gives us the opportunity to buy crowns only when we need them.
    As another Canadian, these are my thoughts exactly.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • AshySamurai
    AshySamurai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's fine till exchange rate is not so huge. I'll see what you'll say when (and if) your exchange rate will change.
    Edited by AshySamurai on March 19, 2015 3:34PM
    Make sweetrolls, not nerfs!
  • Runhent
    Runhent
    ✭✭✭
    I want the prices be divided by region.

And the LOL button.

Actually, my opinion is quite selfish - I'm from Ukraine and sometimes live in Russia, and our exchange rates aren't very good.
    Edited by Runhent on March 19, 2015 3:31PM
    Gilryne Telvanni, at your service.
    EU | Ebonheart Pact | ElderScrolls.Net & RuESO
  • pppontus
    pppontus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the end, if ZOS wants to make the same money and your currency is dropping in value .. they have to raise prices. The other option is to sell it cheap to certain parts of the world but that's their choice to make. Maybe they need $15 to make it worth giving you crowns/dlc/whatever, and prefer you play free rather than pay $5.

Either way, it's up to ZOS to decide. If I were you I'd be happy that I got it for cheap until now! :)

Edit: and that they actually waited until you could play for free before raising prices. That's actually pretty amazing of them. Would have been worse if they raised prices when you still needed to sub right?
    Edited by pppontus on March 19, 2015 3:54PM
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's fine till exchange rate is not so huge. I'll see what you'll say when (and if) your exchange rate will change.
    If my country's economy becomes as messed up as Russia's economy, then I won't be worrying about the exchange rate on a game. I'll have other concerns.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • ZOS_AlanG
    ZOS_AlanG
    admin
    Hi everyone, while it's OK to discuss regional prices, we do not allow real-world politics to be discussed on the forums as such discussions can easily snowball into larger arguments. Most of the posts here are fine, but some comments are overly political and/or baity. We aren't going to close this thread, but please be more considerate of this going forward.
    Forum Rules | Promoting Constructive Discussion | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Help Site

I’ve moved to a new position and I am no longer active on this forum. For assistance, please check the resources linked above
    Staff Post
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pppontus wrote: »
    Edit: and that they actually waited until you could play for free before raising prices. That's actually pretty amazing of them. Would have been worse if they raised prices when you still needed to sub right?
    This is a good point, and it's unfortunate that more people aren't mentioning it. I mean, really ZOS should have changed the Russian prices back in December when the ruble was really going crazy. The fact that they waited until the game went to B2P is actually extremely kind to the Russian players.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • Elridge
    Elridge
    ✭✭✭
    yea.. everything you pay for right now minus the core game is optional to actually play. If you are struggling with cash... put food on the table first, not virtual clothes on your character. If money is that tight, you probably shouldn't be spending extra on cosmetics anyways. If you do that is your choice, but asking them to lower the completely optional prices is a bit much. Like people said above me, they waited until sub wasn't needed to change the prices, hell people were buying time cards at half price from Russia for awhile because they didn't adjust the pricing sooner.
    Edited by Elridge on March 19, 2015 4:59PM
    Account Name:@Elridge
    "Be kind and generous to the people of Tamriel. Protect the weak, heal the sick, and give to the needy." -Stendarr "Ten Commands of the Nine Divines"
  • AshySamurai
    AshySamurai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elridge wrote: »
    yea.. everything you pay for right now minus the core game is optional to actually play. If you are struggling with cash... put food on the table first, not virtual clothes on your character. If money is that tight, you probably shouldn't be spending extra on cosmetics anyways. If you do that is your choice, but asking them to lower the completely optional prices is a bit much. Like people said above me, they waited until sub wasn't needed to change the prices, hell people were buying time cards at half price from Russia for awhile because they didn't adjust the pricing sooner.

ZOS can't adjust prices of retailer in another country. Actually, ZOS can't adjust prices in any country. Also, only non-Russians was able to exploit difference in prices.
    Make sweetrolls, not nerfs!
  • Exstazik
    Exstazik
    ✭✭✭✭
    What i can hear from Russian players:
    1) 1000 rub too much for subcribe
    it may not mean anything yet but:the 5st place ....
    UOlQuCR.jpg
  • pppontus
    pppontus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get your point, it's just .. if the price Is too cheap (in USD) they don't make money. After all what you get now is crowns to buy DLC and stuff that cost money to produce. If the cost of buying doesn't match the cost of producing it.. It's a bad deal for ZOS. The product is still made in the US and ZOS need to pay their devs appropriately. I don't think they can pay their employees in Russian currency because that is cheaper. ;)

Maybe they still make more money even with fewer buyers? I mean, they knew they were adjusting the prices so they would have thought about it..

I'm sure it's annoying and all, I'm just saying no one should be surprised because zenimax has x cost in dollars and they need to make that money no matter what any individual currency is worth. It's a general rule, if your currency drops imported things become relatively more expensive, that's economics. I still think it's nice of them to wait with price adjustment, so everyone could play cheaper when sub was required.
  • LameoveR
    LameoveR
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, only Russia and GB has more expensive prises.
    It's all because GB's and russian economics are similiar strong. Yay!
  • Arugaf
    Arugaf
    ✭✭
    Maybe they still make more money even with fewer buyers? I mean, they knew they were adjusting the prices so they would have thought about it..

I don't think so. I've asked enough of my in-game friends, raid/guild-mates, absolutely all of them decided to not keep their sub. Main reason is new price.

But there is something more. They don't look after current exchange rate. Today imperial edition is 6k rub. It is $100, not $80. And 979 rub for month of sub is $16.3, not $15.

I will be satisfied if Zos will just show prices in dollars, or will change prices every day :D
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arugaf wrote: »
    I will be satisfied if Zos will just show prices in dollars, or will change prices every day :D
    To be honest, I kind of think they should just make all prices for everyone in USD. That way they don't have to keep changing prices when exchange rates change (especially for currencies like the ruble that are so volatile right now), and everyone pays the same amount so it's fair and you won't have people trying to figure out how to game the system by buying in different currencies.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • Qalie
    Qalie
    Well, i got a reply from someone in Customer Service. Seems like they haven't got a clue what theyre talking about, but whatever. To be perfectly honest? I probably would've been fine if I'd been given warning & an explanation - even a simple 'exchange rates are making it necessary to increase prices for some regions, sorry for any inconvenience. This takes effect on such & such date" - it tells me that the company actually cares.
    On the other hand, doing it without warning & having it look like they hope no one notices?
    Screw that.
  • pppontus
    pppontus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't think so. I've asked enough of my in-game friends, raid/guild-mates, absolutely all of them decided to not keep their sub. Main reason is new price.

But there is something more. They don't look after current exchange rate. Today imperial edition is 6k rub. It is $100, not $80. And 979 rub for month of sub is $16.3, not $15.

I guess they are taking overhead since it seems likely it will continue to go further down.. but yeah, it might just be better to charge in USD especially in countries with less stable currencies. Ofc that would be annoying for me as I would have to pay way worse rates if the bank did it .. but I don't really care.

I dunno why they chose this method but I'm guessing it's better for the majority of their customers? It's just sad some get screwed by it :(
  • Exstazik
    Exstazik
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just for example on WoW:in RU:
    "Up character to 90"-2000 RUB ~33$
    "World of Warcraft®:Warlords of Draenor"-600 RUB ~10$

Can anyone give the price for EU or US ??So i can compare prices :)
  • pppontus
    pppontus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hm.. I thought this wasn't WoW. o:)
  • MorHawk
    MorHawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Come on guys, you expect them to continue charging the same prices, regardless of exchange rate fluctuation?
    Canada for example. We're now paying $18, but that's based on the rate from January. If they'd used the most recent rate, we'd be paying $19. A company can only subsidize so much. You force them to never change their prices and you could run into situations where ESO becomes a loss-making product. Alternatively, they could also end up unfairly raking it in. Fair better to have the price be updated on a regular basis to better reflect the current value of $15 in the local currency.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure charging everyone in USD isn't practical either. The conversions would then need to be done per transaction, no? Waaaaay more expensive to convert, and whether said cost is borne directly by ZOS or us it would result in higher prices. More efficient for ZOS to convert income in bulk every month.
    Edited by MorHawk on March 20, 2015 11:31AM
    Observant wrote: »
    I can count to potato.
    another topic that cant see past its own farts.
    WWJLHD?
  • Exstazik
    Exstazik
    ✭✭✭✭

I guess they are taking overhead since it seems likely it will continue to go further down.. but yeah, it might just be better to charge in USD especially in countries with less stable currencies. Ofc that would be annoying for me as I would have to pay way worse rates if the bank did it .. but I don't really care.

I dunno why they chose this method but I'm guessing it's better for the majority of their customers? It's just sad some get screwed by it :(
    They thought :"Let's all will pay 15$"
    People who saw new price in Ru region :"Good luck with that" :)
  • pppontus
    pppontus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exstazik wrote: »

They thought :"Let's all will pay 15$"
    People who saw new price in Ru region :"Good luck with that" :)

Well, you know as they see it now:

All subs get crowns and for those they can buy DLC that costs money to produce. If people don't pay $15/30/45 whatever it's going to cost, they don't make money. Better then to have people play the original game free which content has already been produced, so no high "production" cost to cover there, and then they still have to buy DLC if they want it.

I know very well that salaries differ, that people might not pay, whatever.. it does not change the fact that ZOS must pay their employees US salaries. They can't pay their employees any less because the russian currency tanked.

You can compare to other games etc. but it doesn't really make any sense because ZOS is running another business, they aren't running WoW. Maybe WoW makes money by selling stuff cheap to certain countries, but ZOS doesn't?

I don't know how much the price went up, but I promise you that ZOS expects to earn more money from those (even if they are few) who still sub/buy DLC, than they would if they sold it off cheap.

It's a business, they will do what they think is going to make the spreadsheet numbers green.