Maintenance for the week of April 12:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 12

Subscribe payment and Crown_shop prices for different region

Exstazik
Exstazik
✭✭✭✭
I can understand that the game should be equal in prices for all.....but not all have the equal salary in different countries.That's why developers and advertising Managers differentiate prices for countries.I'm from Russia and for me subcribe payment doubled in price.
I think that prices should be divide by region.IDK it's problem only for RU region or someone else but i want to know your point of view.I
Edited by Exstazik on March 17, 2015 12:20AM





Subscribe payment and Crown_shop prices for different region 123 votes

Divide the price by region
30% 37 votes
The game(subcribe) should cost constant for all countries (~15$)
35% 44 votes
This one "LoL" button which everyone wanted
34% 42 votes
  • Mr.Hmm
    Mr.Hmm
    ✭✭✭✭
    2nd, Plus the Lol Button, but alas I can only pick 1.
    Edited by Mr.Hmm on March 17, 2015 12:22AM
    If I die tomorrow I do not want to think of the game I could of played today, therefor I will play whatever I want today while securing a future to play in as well.

    A true gamer will think of all the possible outcomes and execute the one that is the hardest to accomplish.
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know what's all involved in their international prices to make that call . But you offered a LOL button N by God I'll push it if it's there ...


    Hope you're getting a fair deal !
  • Exstazik
    Exstazik
    ✭✭✭✭

    I really wanted to choose 2 and 3 because I did LOL @ this. But its a game. It's not food, water, shelter, clothing, anything at all necessary to survive. Players in X countries with better currency shouldn't have to provide welfare to players in X countries with crappy currency. Entitlement overload.
    Yeah,i understand this.Unfortuanally for my region for such price i can buy 3 month of premium account in localized game





  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm from Eastern Europe too, so I feel for you. This is going to be a problem for you guys if the prices really jumped up so much. Our subs were ~$13, so not that big a difference. I don't know if anything changed, haven't seen the crown store yet.
  • jeevin
    jeevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just had to. One. More. LOL
  • lnxrwb17_ESO
    lnxrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭
    Exstazik wrote: »
    I really wanted to choose 2 and 3 because I did LOL @ this. But its a game. It's not food, water, shelter, clothing, anything at all necessary to survive. Players in X countries with better currency shouldn't have to provide welfare to players in X countries with crappy currency. Entitlement overload.
    Yeah,i understand this.Unfortuanally for my region for such price i can buy 3 month of premium account in localized game

    You're lucky beacuse as a CHINESE player I need to pay extra money for a VPN service due to crappy Internet connection. Not only just the sub fee dollars.
    Since this game will never come to my country because of the damn censorship policy, I'll never even think of region prices.

    And that's why I love Rstar because GTA5 on PC is only 30 USD in China.
    Raka-loah, from China. Currently the one and only member of Planetary Lizard Alliance(NA).

    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Exstazik wrote: »
    I really wanted to choose 2 and 3 because I did LOL @ this. But its a game. It's not food, water, shelter, clothing, anything at all necessary to survive. Players in X countries with better currency shouldn't have to provide welfare to players in X countries with crappy currency. Entitlement overload.
    Yeah,i understand this.Unfortuanally for my region for such price i can buy 3 month of premium account in localized game

    You're lucky beacuse as a CHINESE player I need to pay extra money for a VPN service due to crappy Internet connection. Not only just the sub fee dollars.
    Since this game will never come to my country because of the damn censorship policy, I'll never even think of region prices.

    And that's why I love Rstar because GTA5 on PC is only 30 USD in China.

    Go Se ! Everyone's having it rough abroad ...
  • Psychobunni
    Psychobunni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, if another country gets the game for 5 US dollars a month, put my name on the (word not allowed in forums) for US citizens to get it for 5 US dollars a month, or allow us to buy timecards from whatever countries get it cheaper and apply to US accounts as well.
    If options weren't necessary, and everyone played the same way, no one would use addons. Fix the UI!

  • Exstazik
    Exstazik
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, if another country gets the game for 5 US dollars a month, put my name on the (word not allowed in forums) for US citizens to get it for 5 US dollars a month, or allow us to buy timecards from whatever countries get it cheaper and apply to US accounts as well.
    And let's all will got "XX_$$" per month salary .. o:)





  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If the game is Region locked yes, if not then no.

    I don't say this to offend Russians or people in "poor" countries, its just that it would be economic suicide by ZOS if they would let everyone purchase crowns or subs in Rubles.
  • Rydik
    Rydik
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, if another country gets the game for 5 US dollars a month, put my name on the (word not allowed in forums) for US citizens to get it for 5 US dollars a month, or allow us to buy timecards from whatever countries get it cheaper and apply to US accounts as well.

    Would you like if, lets say, you play game with one price for a year, and then it's price doubled in one day, while you money income per month remain same?
    Audigy wrote: »
    If the game is Region locked yes, if not then no.

    I don't say this to offend Russians or people in "poor" countries, its just that it would be economic suicide by ZOS if they would let everyone purchase crowns or subs in Rubles.

    Agree, lock region right solution.
    And it existed in Ru region before today, price was less then for everyone near year, but only Ru have access to it.
    Edited by Rydik on March 17, 2015 2:11AM
  • Rydik
    Rydik
    ✭✭✭✭
    Delete this.
    Edited by Rydik on March 17, 2015 2:03AM
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exstazik wrote: »
    Well, if another country gets the game for 5 US dollars a month, put my name on the (word not allowed in forums) for US citizens to get it for 5 US dollars a month, or allow us to buy timecards from whatever countries get it cheaper and apply to US accounts as well.
    And let's all will got "XX_$$" per month salary .. o:)
    Wait, do we live in a society where the prices of things we buy are on a sliding scale based on our salary?
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lives in New Zealand. When the game first launched we were charged in Euro's (pretty sure was only the first month). $15 euro, depending on exchange rate could equate to as much as $30 NZ dollars. Then it changed to Australian dollars. Australian dollars are not so bad, at least at present (only a 3 cent difference). In the past the difference has been 10-15 cents at times because it fluctuates as all exchange rates do.

    Any other game played where online transactions were involved, sub or otherwise, the currency was always US dollars. Unsure why it's not the case with ESO.
    Edited by phairdon on March 17, 2015 2:10AM
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement.
    Buff Sorc's

    Darkshroud the Cremator
    Rubeus Black
    Deathbyfur
    Evil Wizard Lizard (eu)
    White Sauce Error
    Psijic fungal sausage
    The Fat Panther
    Fluffy Knight Blades
    Chiron the Dreadful
    Hazelmancer
    Elementalist Victarian
    Flesheater the Vile









    CP1500+
  • reguard
    reguard
    Soul Shriven
    Brazilians are suffering with currency rate right now. One Brazilian real buy only $0.30. It means that the game is 3.3 times more expensive here. And I'm not putting wage differences into account or it'd be worse.

    It's sad to live in the 3rd world.

    P.S: WOW sells subscription with regional prices. We'd pay 12 Brazilian real (3.70 US Dollars) a month for subscription.
    Edited by reguard on March 17, 2015 3:02AM
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rydik wrote: »
    Well, if another country gets the game for 5 US dollars a month, put my name on the (word not allowed in forums) for US citizens to get it for 5 US dollars a month, or allow us to buy timecards from whatever countries get it cheaper and apply to US accounts as well.

    Would you like if, lets say, you play game with one price for a year, and then it's price doubled in one day, while you money income per month remain same?
    Audigy wrote: »
    If the game is Region locked yes, if not then no.

    I don't say this to offend Russians or people in "poor" countries, its just that it would be economic suicide by ZOS if they would let everyone purchase crowns or subs in Rubles.

    Agree, lock region right solution.
    And it existed in Ru region before today, price was less then for everyone near year, but only Ru have access to it.
    Region lock existed? How? We played on the same servers, so everyone could buy your cheaper timecards and apply them to their account. Subscribtion prices were locked though, as you had to set Russia as your country and it couldn't be easily changed.
  • Laggus
    Laggus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Exstazik wrote: »
    I can understand that the game should be equal in prices for all.....but not all have the equal salary in different countries.That's why developers and advertising Managers differentiate prices for countries.I'm from Russia and for me subcribe payment doubled in price.
    I think that prices should be divide by region.IDK it's problem only for RU region or someone else but i want to know your point of view.I

    Don't want to get political here but the Russian economy is in the doodoo at the moment and not getting better anytime soon. Therefore inflation etc will effect you purchasing anything inside or outside Russia.
  • Troneon
    Troneon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    EU will always pay more because "taxes"....

    Russia will always pay more because..."Sanctions"...

    Merica.
    Edited by Troneon on March 17, 2015 10:30AM
    PC EU AD
    Master Crafter - Anything you need!!
    High Elf Magicka Templar Healer/DPS/Tank
    Trials / Dungeons / PVP / Everything
  • kherzaheb17_ESO
    kherzaheb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    i choose to say "LOL"
  • AshySamurai
    AshySamurai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS can have my and any other players from Russia who will to pay 10 bucks per month or don't have anything at all. Your choise, ZOS.
  • AshySamurai
    AshySamurai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Want to up this topic. Also want to hear any word from ZOS.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno ? What is better: to have a little money OR not to have any at all?
  • Swarog
    Swarog
    ✭✭✭
    For lols. Imagine yourself at the place of topic starter. Will you be able to talk so after that? I don't think so.
    Edited by Swarog on March 18, 2015 5:39AM
    $ Welcome to the new trade guild The Wolves. Our trader located in Wayrest. Join us! Send me mail or /tell to @swarog.
  • ashlee17
    ashlee17
    ✭✭✭✭
    So happy I'm my subscription is charged in australian dollars.

    Currently I would be slugged an extra 25% if it were charged in US dollars.

    Americans already pay less for shipping for ESO merchandise.

    I really wanted a plushy guar but the shipping to australia would have cost more than the guar itself.

    Thank you Zos for being reasonable about the subscription cost for my region. It's a major reason I maintain my sub.

    And for anyone in the US unhappy about this- you get cheap shipping on all merchandise. Let us international players have this one.
    Edited by ashlee17 on March 18, 2015 8:07AM
    Administrator of More Than Fair Guild- North American Server- Come and Join us for a fun and friendly experience - 480+ members and great trader location- all factions welcome - mail me @ashlee17 in game for an invite.
    Join the crusade for better guild management tools!
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/145742/help-we-need-more-guild-management-tools/p1
    Please comment and support this cause!
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Troneon wrote: »
    EU will always pay more because "taxes"....

    Russia will always pay more because..."Sanctions"...

    Merica.
    Actually, when it comes to video games, Russia usually pays less. It often comes with region locks, but not always. I'm in the same boat, nobody around here ever buys anything from Steam but heavily discounted games - because for a new title the price is significantly lower if we buy it locally.

    I checked, my sub price hasn't changed and the price of the 5.5k crown pack comes out to $33.
  • Reykice
    Reykice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rydik wrote: »
    You don't find here any good answers. This problem appear only today, only for Russia, price for game was doubled. It exist only for Ru, other dont care about this, or gona chose crap answers like 2 and 3. While economic problems exist more then half year, price was ruined for Ru only today, so @Zos, don't wait for any new players from Ru with this politic...
    P.s. Steam still work with normal prices for Ru and don't have any problems, while ZOS chose to "close" ESO for Ru.

    Well buddy, you should stop invading other countries... it generally helps your economy not to have the EU and USA impose economic sanctions.

    Zos is doing nothing special, Russia is a currency risk, odds are your currency will keep loosing value due to Ukraine and the economic sanctions that went with it. ZOS is running a business here...

    If the sanctions get any worse eventually ZOS will have to stop providing ESO in Russia... as they are an US company are they not?

    Putin is the guy you should be speaking to....
  • AshySamurai
    AshySamurai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reykice wrote: »
    Rydik wrote: »
    You don't find here any good answers. This problem appear only today, only for Russia, price for game was doubled. It exist only for Ru, other dont care about this, or gona chose crap answers like 2 and 3. While economic problems exist more then half year, price was ruined for Ru only today, so @Zos, don't wait for any new players from Ru with this politic...
    P.s. Steam still work with normal prices for Ru and don't have any problems, while ZOS chose to "close" ESO for Ru.

    Well buddy, you should stop invading other countries... it generally helps your economy not to have the EU and USA impose economic sanctions.

    Zos is doing nothing special, Russia is a currency risk, odds are your currency will keep loosing value due to Ukraine and the economic sanctions that went with it. ZOS is running a business here...

    If the sanctions get any worse eventually ZOS will have to stop providing ESO in Russia... as they are an US company are they not?

    Putin is the guy you should be speaking to....

    So much LOL!!!
    I would like to see how ZOS stops providing access to the game for only one country. And all these refunds. That would be epic!
    Edited by AshySamurai on March 18, 2015 12:56PM
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reykice wrote: »
    Rydik wrote: »
    You don't find here any good answers. This problem appear only today, only for Russia, price for game was doubled. It exist only for Ru, other dont care about this, or gona chose crap answers like 2 and 3. While economic problems exist more then half year, price was ruined for Ru only today, so @Zos, don't wait for any new players from Ru with this politic...
    P.s. Steam still work with normal prices for Ru and don't have any problems, while ZOS chose to "close" ESO for Ru.

    Well buddy, you should stop invading other countries... it generally helps your economy not to have the EU and USA impose economic sanctions.

    Zos is doing nothing special, Russia is a currency risk, odds are your currency will keep loosing value due to Ukraine and the economic sanctions that went with it. ZOS is running a business here...

    If the sanctions get any worse eventually ZOS will have to stop providing ESO in Russia... as they are an US company are they not?

    Putin is the guy you should be speaking to....

    24 hours later...

    Mr Sage? Yes.... this is Mr Putin.......
    CP561 Redguard | Jabsy Templar | Stamina Build
    CP561 Breton | Jesus Beam Templar | Magicka Build Forever!
    CP561 Naked Nord | Tanky DK | Stamigicka Build

    ✭✭✭ Check ESO Server Status Live!: http://eso.webhub.eu/ ✭✭✭
Sign In or Register to comment.