Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why did you join DC?

• slumber_sandb16_ESO
    slumber_sandb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Orcs. Thats my only reason. Orsinium is with DC so I'm with DC because of that.

The fact that the quests, storylines and enviroments of DC are the best(imo) is just a huge bonus. :smiley:
  • DaggerfallTradeMasters
    Wanted to play a orc because of Skyrim so i played an Orc which was only for DC so i joined them and i love the Alliance tried the others out but DC is LOVE DC is LIFE!!!!!
  • Royalty27
    Royalty27
    ✭✭
    DC because of the Bretons medieval feel with the court intrigue makes them very fun to RP with. Redguards because they are great fighters and they have Stros M'kai that reminds me of the pirate island of Nassau. Orcs, because even a Nord is going to have a hard time breaking though that front line.
  • LameoveR
    LameoveR
    ✭✭✭✭
    DC because of the Bretons.
    I'm always playing a breton in past 4 TES games. And they fit to my beloved Sorc class.
    I've never regreted that i chose Bretons and DC.
  • arcvas
    arcvas
    Soul Shriven
    I chose the covenant because When I made my character, A brenton Templar, it was what fit. Lorewise the Bretons are with the Daggerfall covenant so I decided to make that my alliance despite all my choices/
  • Ley
    Ley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I took my past experience in MMOs and made some general assumptions, which were probably pretty biased:

AD would be filled with people who like elves, pretty flowers, kitties and all things fair and jolly. If their personalities held any resemblance to the Altmer, who think their better than everyone else, then I'd rather stay away from them. I just couldn't help but looking at them as the goody-2-shoes alliance. I did consider them for the Altmer racial perks but it just wasn't enough to sway me.

EP would have a darker crowd who like the Nords hard headed sometimes racist views, the dark and moody Dunmer and Lizard men. Usually see pretty emo personalities connect to the darker races, that and I can't get over how racist nords were in skyrim. I did like the idea of having a dragon as my banner but didn't really like any of the racial choices.

DC seemed like the only choice left to me, Brettons seemed fairly neutral in their disposition, I liked Orcs and their warrior lifestyle, I've also always liked Redguards and their melding of spiritual and physical discipline. I figured whoever was left and chose DC, should be mostly my kind of people. I planed on playing a sorc, so bretton skills were a good fit. Plus since Morrowind, I always played either a Bretton or Redguard. Didn't particularly care for the lion/blue banner but it was better than yellow.

All things set aside, plenty of good and bad players in any alliance and I just liked the DC racial options the best.

Edited by Ley on March 29, 2015 5:45PM
    Leylith - MagSorc | Leyloth - StamPlar | Leynerd - MagPlar | Leylit - StamBlade | Ley Eviticus - StamDK | Leydor - MagDen | Leylum - StamSorc | Leylux - MagBlade
  • DaggerfallTradeMasters
    Ley wrote: »
    I took my past experience in MMOs and made some general assumptions, which were probably pretty biased:

AD would be filled with people who like elves, pretty flowers, kitties and all things fair and jolly. If their personalities held any resemblance to the Altmer, who think their better than everyone else, then I'd rather stay away from them. I just couldn't help but looking at them as the goody-2-shoes alliance. I did consider them for the Altmer racial perks but it just wasn't enough to sway me.

EP would have a darker crowd who like the Nords hard headed sometimes racist views, the dark and moody Dunmer and Lizard men. Usually see pretty emo personalities connect to the darker races, that and I can't get over how racist nords were in skyrim. I did like the idea of having a dragon as my banner but didn't really like any of the racial choices.

DC seemed like the only choice left to me, Brettons seemed fairly neutral in their disposition, I liked Orcs and their warrior lifestyle, I've also always liked Redguards and their melding of spiritual and physical discipline. I figured whoever was left and chose DC, should be mostly my kind of people. I planed on playing a sorc, so bretton skills were a good fit. Plus since Morrowind, I always played either a Bretton or Redguard. Didn't particularly care for the lion/blue banner but it was better than yellow.

All things set aside, plenty of good and bad players in any alliance and I just liked the DC racial options the best.

Nice story enjoyed reading this you deserve an ''awesome'' ;)
  • jkemmery
    jkemmery
    ✭✭✭✭
    I started playing characters in all 3 and just liked the terrain and early quests in DC the best. Now if I want to start a new character to experiment with different builds and playing styles, I pretty much stick to DC because I know it the best. I will say that the AD storyline and characters are pretty good too. The Khajit spy in AD is a cool character, and the Queen is too. AD is my next favorite, but I rarely play in there any more.
  • club_restoration
    I had played with approx level 32 characters in the other two factions and I decided to try DC. I had played there before, but I always quit before entering the second zone, as I found the scenery depressing and the characters felt too various and distant.

Then Cirwail, a Bosmer Shaman, left her tribe as her alternate ways of living and practicing her healing skills were not accepted. Daggerfall was accepting enough as its people tried to use all their wits and skills to fight the many evils that were emerging. Cirwail saw this as an opportunity to use her talents for good and redeem herself as a healer. She has become a trusted ally for many that she has met on her travels.

Now I must admit that I enjoy playing in DC the most, the stories are really interesting and personal, and I see how the stories connect and those various people are becoming familiar, friends. I am glad to help High King Emeric's cause. Also the harsh landscape has started to grow on me, and the Alik'r Desert is gorgeous! (Shadowfen is still my favorite zone when it comes to aesthetics)

I also enjoy the player community in DC, quite helpful and humorous at times.
    Cirwail, level 40 Vampire Bosmer Templar Healer, DC, NA

----

After messing around with sorcerer builds in beta, I returned in May and have been playing as a healer ever since - different races, different factions, different servers.

Now considering looking into less traditional healer builds after I've finished with my current character (finished = getting to a desired high level after trying (and completing) almost everything there is at that time content-wise).
  • KleanZlate
    KleanZlate
    ✭✭✭
    I actually preferred EP during Beta but wanted to try something else at launch. I did create a Dunmer in the DC alliance which worked out ok since the last zones I reached were EP. Made for a good "returning to home" RP. I am however completely loyal to DC having played with a devoted DC guild pretty much since launch. @Ley pretty much nailed how I feel about AD
  • f4ngel
    f4ngel
    Soul Shriven
    I wanted to play an imperial character mainly because I'd bought the imperial pack and wanted my money's worth and they closely resembled the bretons, in looks. I did want to try the other factions but the story in DC has got me hooked. Every where I go there's always a wow screenshot moment. Eventually I'll try one of the other factions but pvp is so much fun being the underdog. I feel like I'm making a difference instead of being another number in the zerg army.
  • Piedplat
    Piedplat
    ✭✭
    underdog
    armata.ca
    GuildeQc PvP
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I first heard about ESO, I decided I would play a tank, as that's the closest to my playstyle in previous Elder Scrolls games (I was always wearing the heaviest armour possible, and generally just making it really hard for my enemies to ever do enough damage to kill me). As soon as the first blurbs started coming out describing the races and what types of benefits they would have, I went through them all and decided that for a tank my best bet was a Redguard.

That's really what made me decide to go Daggerfall. Well, that and the fact that I had recently played through all of Skyrim as both a Nord and a Dunmer, and I wanted to play a different race. For someone like me who is so interested in the lore it's maybe a bit surprising that my decision wasn't based on lore at all, but rather entirely based on game mechanics.

Of course, not too long after I'd made that decision (but still before the game was released), I found out that they were doing the Imperial Edition, and after seeing the art I decided I'd rather make my character an Imperial. That meant I could choose any alliance (and I actually ended up pre-ordering, so I got the "any race in any alliance" anyway), but since I already had Daggerfall in my head from my earlier decision to make a Redguard, I stuck with Daggerfall.

Mind you, shortly after launch I started making alts. The first one I made was another DC character, but soon I had alts in all alliances. My Imperial is still my main (though I've got a couple of other characters in AD that I play almost as much), though, so I still consider DC to be my main faction (even though all of my real life friends who play are AD - hence why I play AD characters a lot as well).
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Rykarch
    Rykarch
    ✭✭
    I felt like joining because I have a friend in DC, so I picked it aswell!
  • eagardh_ESO
    eagardh_ESO
    ✭✭
    DC has Orcs... only race of elves I have any affinity with or tolerance for. They got a raw deal and I can understand how that goes and why they are the way they are. IMO most honorable of all the races. Loved them in previous ES games. I can't wait to create my first character in ESO as an Orc. (I am trying ESO again this weekend and if I stay will be looking for an Orc Guild)

Another reason... As I played other ES games I always heard of High Rock. I look forward to adventuring in it.

As for all the "Merchant King" stuff of the Bretons... that money stuff gets on my nerves. I'll fight for Daggerfall Covenant but the first time a Breton sticks something in my face he wants me to buy I will make certain he can't sell it ever again. :p

Edited by eagardh_ESO on April 15, 2015 1:48PM
  • originalbars
    DC was the only natural choice for me, favourite race included and a believable backstory.

Ebonheart Pact just isnt a believable faction.. i just cant be convinced the Argonians or the Nords would 'team' up with the Dark Elves. The argonians are former slaves to the dunmer, and the Nords and dunmer share nothing but hatred and warfare.

The aldmeri dominion.. well after playing skyrim (and previous ES games) i just have zero interest in backing the High Elves.

• newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I didn't "choose" a faction. I play in them all.

So I play DC because that's where most of my orc/redguard characters come from. Yeah, I have the option to go to "other" factions, but unless I have a good back-story reason. I don't.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Daveheart
    Daveheart
    ✭✭✭✭
    I tried all three alliances in the beta. For whatever reason I got into DC more than the others, so I rolled an Imperial DC Templar on Day 1. I've been with DC ever since.
    Daggerfall Covenant (PC-NA)

The Order of Mundus | Nightfighters
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I hate elves (thanks to Skyrim's Thalmor) and I played Morrowind and Skyrim that much that I wanted to see something else.

I played all 3 alliances during beta and completed each noob island and each first zone.

I liked the story of the DC the best and I loved it lush enviroments.

I was planning to make an imperial character but chose Breton over it, since my first TES character was also a Breton in Arena and Daggerfall.

Also during beta I read on forums many people where going AD or EP. So it's natural I join the underdogs.

Hence, DC.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • rodney418
    rodney418
    I normally like to play elves, but my guildmates generally prefer to play humans. Being Irish with a Persian wife, Breton and Redguard characters appealed to us as a team too :-)

Finding out that DC are the underdogs in PvP generally was icing on the cake, because I prefer to play on a team where I can make a real difference.
  • kodo
    kodo
    ✭✭
    because of alik'r and stross mkai.
  • tonemd
    tonemd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Simple. Because that's where the black people were.

(Pre-ordering is a fools game.)
  • Merkhen
    Merkhen
    Soul Shriven
    dude, the aesthetics(the medieval thing, even alik'r dessert is awesome, everything in DC is like from the crusades, the lore (skyrim was enough of nord sh*t xD) and i hate the elves (altmer and bosmer), they thing they are the big thing since they are in contact with the nature and the magic... and i'm a khajiit, in AD khajiits are like the pets, the furry friends xD so i took my own path of thievery and lack of good pvp choices to be what i want to be. a musician cat tha plays music over the roofs of DC.

also, people in DC is nice.
  • Artheiron
    Artheiron
    ✭✭✭
    I guessed that many EP and AD players will be the people who only played skyrim and never heard about arena or daggerfall. So I wanted to team up with more mature people or people who played older tes games in late 90's.

In the first days of ESO, I saw 20 dragonbo.. err.. dragon knight EPs running around their tongues out in cyrodiil.
    I said "damn, I knew it."

oh btw I'm a dk too. No offense.
    fus-ro.. oops wrong game >: P

• JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DC because Bretons.

All my previous characters have been Breton Mages (and indeed related ancestors!) and I genuinely love Bretons. They are the most civilised of all the races, appreciate art and culture, founded banking systems, have a wonderful affinity with magic, and I have just always loved them above all the races of Tamriel.

Also generally I have found DC to have the most mature population of all 3 factions.

And Bill Nighy is our king ;)
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • King Bozo
    King Bozo
    ✭✭✭
    I joined DC so my toon could be used as a mule for storing Stuff.
  • Donum-Dei
    Donum-Dei
    ✭✭✭
    Well...

... to add in my experience and my choices, I end up choosing AD. I have always like High elves in mythological/fantasy stories since the first time I lay hands/eyes in that gender <--- (I thing that is the word I'm looking for) I have always like the Altmers for no particular reason other than they look imposing (because of their height) and mystical.

Now knowing that AD has became "mainstream" (in a way) and I haven't found any good mature honest guild so far. Makes me wonder if I have choose correctly the alliance. Even tho "whatever" this is a game and most of the times I play alone and when I need to group for dungeons I write in chat or look for players.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because I wanted the cute braided Breton hair.

...I'm not kidding. As well, I didn't know some other races could have it too.. so I went Breton. Turned out to be a good time!
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • qsnoopyjr
    qsnoopyjr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Because of the name Daggerfall

Aldmeri Dominion and Ebonheart Pact.... Are both Skyrim hyped.
    Daggerfall... was something in Morrowind. Referenced at least... AD and EP.. Not even referenced in Morrowind.

I really like Morrowind, Oblivion felt like it went in a whole new direction, and Skyrim feels somewhat similar to Oblivion.

Not just the UI, but the actual feeling. Morrowind felt eerie. Oblivion and Skyrim feel too much space type (oblivion) and Skyrim wasn't eerie period.

Go inside a Morrowind cave, compare those to Oblivion and Skyrim.. Morrowind caves are just better.

Plus Morrowind had slavery too, Oblivion and Skyrim I cannot recall slavery. Another thing that Oblivion and Skyrim going in different direction than Morrowind.

I compare Morrowind to Quake.
    Oblivion to Quake 2
    Skyrim to Quake 3-5

You dont see Quake anymore. Because it went off in a different direction when it made Quake2.. That eerie feeling in Quake 1, you just dont see it in Quake2-5... Same with with that eerie feeling in Morrowind, you dont see/feel it in Oblivion and Skyrim.

AD and EP are really nothing to me. But Daggerfall, it was referenced in Morrowind, it has meaning.
    Personally,
    I'd rather have House Hlaalu, House Redoran, House Telvanni fight instead of DC EP AD.
  • brandon
    brandon
    ✭✭✭✭
    I joined DC because I felt that they were fighting this war for the right reasons and that they would be fair once the war was over. AD just seems to be filled with racism being that it has tons of altmer who act superior to everyone else. The EP seems nice just not as nice as the DC.