Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why did you join DC?

Danikat
Danikat
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
(There may well already be a topic but this, but I've not been able to find it.)

This one is not from here originally. She was born far, far to the south, in Elsweyr and travelled to many places before this, some good, some...less good. Then the altmer came to Elsweyr with their pretty words and their false promises. This one does not trust them and went north instead of following their queen. But the north had more altmer and too much fighting, so she went further north still. Now she cannot go further north but has found a people she can follow. Your deserts are strange, your mountains stranger, but your people are good and that is enough.

Out of character, I did actually start off in the Dominion because I thought it'd make sense to stick to the lore, but my character doesn't like or trust the altmer (I think it's a lingering effect of them being nearly as bad as the dunmer for keeping khajiit and argonian slaves in Morrowind) and I just kept finding myself thinking she'd be fighting against the Dominion, not for them. For this character it's more lore-appropriate that she'd leave and since I randomly got an explorers pack code I decided to make use of it. The Ebonheart Pact seems more like an alliance of necessity than anything, not one I'd put my money on. I have some doubts about DC too, it wouldn't be TES is anyone was completely good and honest, but they're the alliance my character fits best with. They seem the most likely to work out a fair deal with the other races if they took over.

Plus I want to make a Breton and a redguard soon and I think it'll be easier if they're all in the same alliance.
Edited by Danikat on March 3, 2015 1:40PM
PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not the type to follow the pack which was AD at the time and EP Cyrodiil chat around the time of launch felt like it was a younger crowd. Plus from classes to builds I play the underdog, so DC was a natural fit. Last but not least, because of the Redguard.
    Edited by TheBull on March 3, 2015 1:42PM
  • phermitgb
    phermitgb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was a tough call for me, initially. Having recently been playing Skyrim, I was predisposed to hating the aldmeri dominion. Truth be told, I've played back as far as morrowind, and never liked either the altmer or the bosmer (and while I enjoy the khajit, I'm not really a cat person, so I don't find them *quite* as adorable as some folk do). So AD was right out from the get go - didn't help that it was shaping up to be the popularist faction at release, for reasons that still baffle me

So, it was a battle between DC and EP for me - I *love* argonians (I like lizard/snake people in general in almost any fantasy setting), I have a grudging respect for the dunmer (they left quite a flavorful impression in Morrowind - good, bad, ugly - all ranges, but interesting folk) - but my last 3 characters in single player ES games have all ended up being breton. I *hate* magic users, and the consistent inherent magic resist of bretons has always been appealing to a dedicated mage-hunter like myself - that, and as I play RP games, I enjoy characters with buffs to social skills, which bretons also usually have to one extent or another

so, breton was a likely candidate to begin with - then, combine that with my respect for the redguard, and the fact that in three previous ES games I've never really gotten to see any portion of the Daggerfall region (I never got to play Daggerfall :)), I settled on DC to start with - and I haven't regretted it at all
    "There is no correct resolution; It's a test of character."
    James T. Kirk
  • Frouwenlop
    Frouwenlop
    Soul Shriven
    Well, I choosed DC for my curiosity about the Bretons more than anything else. We do not know a lot about their lore, they're a discreet faction, only few events have been reported about them so fare. Therefore, I've always wanted to see their homeland, their everyday's beeing, their famous court intrigue and to less extent their architecture.
    I think it's overall more interesting than the EP or AD's alliance which are, in my opinion, more focused on a pure race of power and domination.

Plus I've always played Redguard since my first Elder Scrolls, thus, you can imagine that a faction with a mix between my favorite race and the race I'm the more interested about was unhesitatingly the most obvious choice for me. (;
    Edited by Frouwenlop on March 7, 2015 10:24AM
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frouwenlop wrote: »
    Well, I choosed DC for my curiosity about the Bretons more than anything else. We do not know a lot about their lore, they're a discreet faction, only few events have been reported about them so fare. Therefore, I've always wanted to see their homeland, their everyday's beeing, their famous court intrigue and to less extent their architecture.
    I think it's overall more interesting than the EP or AD's alliance which are, in my opinion, more focused on a pure race of power and domination.

Plus I've always played Redguard since my first Elder Scrolls, thus, you can imagine that a faction with a mix between my favorite race and the race I'm the more interested about was unhesitatingly the most obvious choice for me. (;

This is a big part of it for me too. I've not played through much of the main story yet, but the court intrigue aspect is very interesting to me. I know the other alliances have an element of that but it seems to be much more of a focus in DC.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • JaJaLuka
    JaJaLuka
    ✭✭✭✭
    Frouwenlop wrote: »

I agree about the other factions. I have played EP and AD and they are a bit bland if I'm honest. The DC storyline changed as you went on which I was grateful for, especially as DC was my first alliance and I was more interested in a good storyline at that point in time.
    Krojick, DC Sorc PC NA
    Milámber, EP Sorc PC NA
    Brunack, EP DK PC NA
    General Mark Shephard, EP Temp PC NA (Worst temp NA XD )
    Krojick Nightblade, DC NB PC NA
    Others...
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't and I never will, played through the story on my AD main, it was horrible, not as brain-melting boring as the Pact story, but it was bad... The zones aren't very pretty to look at, Ebonheart wins that one, Aldmeri zones are brain-melting. Forest after forest with annoying Bosmer, but the main story for AD was phenomenal, Razum-Dar best Dar. @Telel sorry :heartbreak:

Daggerfall also doesn't have any Mer, so to hell with them, they can rot in the fiery abyss of the Deadplanes.

#Khajiit4Life
    #Altmer4Wife
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i joined dc because, mainly, the buddies i roleplay with werent able to get the imperial edition, and one of them is a huge orc fanatic. so in order to facilitate him, we decided on dc.
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    To be outnumbered and miserable in pvp . I hate having a good time .
  • aco5712
    aco5712
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    guild i initially joined before launch was DC. We were the underdogs. We are a lion. We have redguards.
    Banned for Naming and Shaming exploiters. Great ideology ZOS.
    #FreeLeo

Main: Vir Cor | Dragonknight
    Alt: Leo Cor | Nightblade
    Alt: Leonidas Cor | Templar

Guild: K-Hole
    Youtube: CorESO
    DK PvP Tank/DPS Hybrid Build (2.1+): Cor Leonis
  • Grundiin
    Grundiin
    ✭✭
    I joined DC because i've always loved bretons, and I have always wanted to see the land of High rock and the alik'r desert. The DC also has a great stoyline, loved to much really. tried out AD and EP but EP story was boring and AD... I hate elves, but razum-dar was awesome though.
    It sucks when your at 2nd place in PvP, and your alliance gets all 6 keeps.
    Altmer Nightblade: DC: grundiin: lvl 50(CP179)
    Nord Dragonknight: DC: Sigrundur: LvL 50(CP179)
    Kahjiit Sorcerer: AD: Razus-dum: LvL 20
  • ZingyDevotee
    ZingyDevotee
    ✭✭
    I joined DC mainly because I really was interested in seeing the Alik'r Desert and High Rock. I loved and respect the races that DC has also, so thats a plus. The DC story line is by-far my favorite of the 3 Factions. Glenumbra and Stormhaven are just SO BEAUTIFUL!!!
  • Messy1
    Messy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To overthrow King Emeric!!
  • Gargragrond
    Gargragrond
    ✭✭✭
    DC was the first one on the list in the character creation menu.
  • KBKB
    KBKB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been a breton since morrowind, also DC have the moral high ground in lore. Also our architecture is a lot nicer if you ask me.
    Edited by KBKB on March 14, 2015 9:20AM
  • stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Panda244 wrote: »
    Daggerfall also doesn't have any Mer, so to hell with them

A pack of angry and well armed Orsimer would like a word with you.
    And don't say they are not "proper" elves. You know it will only make things worse. :smile:
  • ariseraw
    ariseraw
    ✭✭
    I always play as Bretons in the single player TES games. This was a chance for me to really get to know their home province, especially since most of High Rock is playable in ESO.

I like the way the province looks in ESO, as TESII, didn't do a good job of representing it (since it is obviously an old DOS game), I especially love how Daggerfall looks in ESO, as well as the areas around it.

I like to pretend like all my characters in every TES game are related to each other. My character in ESO is the ancestor of my character's from Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, etc.
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the desert. So naturally, I'm a redguard and choose the covenant as my alliance faction.
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • Kublakan
    Kublakan
    ✭✭✭
    Orcs!
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it seems I have already responded to this one...
    Edited by TheBull on March 16, 2015 5:48PM
  • Jennifur_Vultee
    Jennifur_Vultee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    phermitgb wrote: »
    It was a tough call for me, initially. Having recently been playing Skyrim, I was predisposed to hating the aldmeri dominion. Truth be told, I've played back as far as morrowind, and never liked either the altmer or the bosmer (and while I enjoy the khajit, I'm not really a cat person, so I don't find them *quite* as adorable as some folk do).

Khajiit%20loves%20you_zpsmo51j5st.jpg
    "Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters." – Albert Einstein

Treat a customer fairly and they will remember you. Treat a customer poorly and they never forget.

Imperial City: Zerg, gank or die.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Why did you join DC?"

I ask myself this same question every time I look at my Character screen and wonder where all my PvP buffs went...
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 reasons actually:

- The first ES I ever played was TES 2 Daggerfall, so ofc I was a bit curious as to how High Rock (and Hammerfell) would actually look like in current gen graphics

- The first char I managed to beat Daggerfall with was a Breton Mage (custom class mage tho, Immunity to Paralysis ftw) and ever since then mages have been my favorite class in RPGs.

So my choice was pretty much clear when I joined ESO :p
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • LadyInTheWater
    LadyInTheWater
    ✭✭✭
    I have been, and always will be, a Breton. We Bretons are, as a point of fact, the most brilliant, most charming, most distinguished race in Tamriel. Did I mention how gorgeous/handsome we are as well?
    The moment you call someone stupid, or try to display your opinion as "fact", you lose all credibility.
  • Alexium
    Alexium
    ✭✭✭
    Because I like Daggerfall, I like Wayrest, I like Sentinel... I like Illiac Bay! Like human architecture, their graveyards, nature of High Rock. Redguards are the best sailors for me. Orcs are the best warriors. And Bretons are the best mages ;-D In other words I was charmed by TES2 even if I played it after TES3.
  • WhimsyDragon
    WhimsyDragon
    ✭✭✭
    I like all of the factions really, and if we could set aside lore, I'd rather merge them all together for variety's sake (and I'm glad some folks do cross-race/faction) and so that I didn't have to choose. I've played the most on DC because it feels like pretty neutral territory to me, even though the reality is shades of grey all around... but for instance, the humans don't feel like they're trying to be pigeon-holed into one personality as much as say, elves, and I like that. The world also feels so traditional medieval to me. I really love all of the architecture in game, but the general DC style really does speak to me especially with Nords' style as runner up. I've also found there to be a pretty good community on DC, probably bringing in quite a variety of folk!
  • Nivzruo_ESO
    Nivzruo_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Couple reasons, mainly a few of the big big guilds pre launch were going AD or EP and I wanted to not be in the "favorite" faction. But also because DC has Orcs and WoW has caused me to fall in love with orcs.
    Nelgyntc- V14 NB
  • Kurimugann
    Kurimugann
    ✭✭✭
    I can't remember really. I had Explorer pack so I figured I'd make an Argonian outside EP and I did not want anything to do with High elves/Thalmor. Maybe I wanted to avoid the Nords/anything close to Stormcloaks as well.

I gave the other factions a try too, just not first.
  • septvestige
    septvestige
    ✭✭
    I just finished the Bankorai map questline and at the end there were some lionguards and among them for my surprise there were many khajit. I didn't understand why but reading the op I understand.

I started with a breton DC than I taught DC are weak, the country is a mass, no authority and necromancy all over the place the king is incapable to lead I loved the storyline when I had to work with the pirates and form alliance with the orcs to help the covenant but later the story were got boring to me.

Than I tried EP with an altmer. The place is a mass too deadra and enemy in every direction and the alliance is full of inner hatred the allies have no respect for each other. The deadra worship like in Skyrim and even the peaceful argonians has that Sithis cult and killer rituals. The cities were villages compared with the DC towns. I didn't get to Skyrim or meet the nord king but I felt wrong supporting the cause of this alliance. They are too evil for me and seeing the DC actually fighting I realized the DC is weak to hold up in their own country becouse they on the offensive and they fighting in ennemy territory only the weak stayed at home.

I tried the AD too as a high elf than a wood elf. The high elfs are like nazis with the "übermensch" philosophy and the wood elfs well they are just a savage race who has to be conquered. They are fit to each other and the kajit well its ok when I see them as merchants like in Skyrim but in heavy armor with the funny helmet for theit ears is just ridiculous.
    But the main reason I stopped supporting them is the queen's lackey storyline. That woman is very liberal a good character but to rule and lead an alliance? I started to sympathize with the hordes of traitors trying to ovethrow her at the end.

I gave another chance to the DC stoyline this time as a redguard at the end I'm satisfied. I'm a lackey but I'm a kingmaker one. I choose who to be king, who rules which kingdom. Although king Amaric is still weak imo but the real backbone of the alliance is the redguard and orc infantry. We have the most honorable beast race. They have actually a code of honor so best allies you can have. We have the medieval country which is a mass at the begining but you can shape it with your deeds and decisions. Large towns ruling the landscape. If someone deserve to rule over the imperials than the DC it is.
    At the end King Amaric won't be emperor. You will be the one or at least could be. DC have the best allies no matter which race you choose to yourself. We have moral superiority over the the 2 other alliances. If I really want to fight for a cause and have to choose allies no question remained for me DC is the answer.
    You miss the lol button? It has been taken away for a reason. And the reason is how people used it for bash others who didn't share their opinion.
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Literally because when I wanted to switch to E U server Sigma Draconis invited me to guild - so I chose DC to play with them.
  • azoriangaming
    azoriangaming
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pvp player and it was to be the lowest population :smiley: