Uncertainties regarding patch 1.6

tcwHotshot
Please don't flog me or anything :-)

I'm just curious about this new, possibly game changing patch, as I'm a new player and what I up until now have read was a little concerning and/or confusing...

So here it goes:
  • What is really going to happen with mounts? I've just gotten the money to buy me my first horse, but as I know that there will be serious chances with this system, I'm wondering if I should just wait, as I don't know for certain how the changes would effect me.
  • This relates to the first Q.: when will the patch arrive?

I've just covered only what seems important for me right know; I'm sure there are a lot of changes coming, which I might have more questions about^^

Thanks in advance!
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tcwHotshot wrote: »
    Please don't flog me or anything :-)

    I'm just curious about this new, possibly game changing patch, as I'm a new player and what I up until now have read was a little concerning and/or confusing...

    So here it goes:
    • What is really going to happen with mounts? I've just gotten the money to buy me my first horse, but as I know that there will be serious chances with this system, I'm wondering if I should just wait, as I don't know for certain how the changes would effect me.
    • This relates to the first Q.: when will the patch arrive?

    I've just covered only what seems important for me right know; I'm sure there are a lot of changes coming, which I might have more questions about^^

    Thanks in advance!

    Short version

    1) Do not buy an expensive mount right now. Best to wait until next week
    2) Tuesday or Wednesday
    Snit AD Sorc
    Hanrahan AD Nightblade
    Misfitz (RIP)
    OTG
  • tcwHotshot
    Will do :-)

    Thanks!
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mounta will become collectables of sorts. When 1.6 goes live the best skills (speed/stamina/bag space) of your mounts will be transfered to riding skills. Though to a max of 60 compared to 75 on live.

    So for example you have a horse with max speed of 75 and a horse with 25 stamina and 30 bag space, your 1.6 riding skills will become 60 speed, 25 stamina and 30 bag space. These stats can be increased by 1 each 20 hours. Also you'll be able to buy a horse in the crown store so you dont have to spend 45k gold anymore.
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Magna Firebreath - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Rulanir - Altmer Templar
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mounta will become collectables of sorts. When 1.6 goes live the best skills (speed/stamina/bag space) of your mounts will be transfered to riding skills. Though to a max of 60 compared to 75 on live.

    I believe the overall speed will be the same as on live. Just that the 15% will be a base speed bonus everyone riding a horse will have. The riding skill will then boost that 15% upwards.

    Otherwise it would make no sense - a new player with 0 riding skill would buy a horse and it would be exactly as fast as walking on foot.

  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    Mounta will become collectables of sorts. When 1.6 goes live the best skills (speed/stamina/bag space) of your mounts will be transfered to riding skills. Though to a max of 60 compared to 75 on live.

    I believe the overall speed will be the same as on live. Just that the 15% will be a base speed bonus everyone riding a horse will have. The riding skill will then boost that 15% upwards.

    Otherwise it would make no sense - a new player with 0 riding skill would buy a horse and it would be exactly as fast as walking on foot.

    Good point, I dont know what the base speed boost is on live or pts. But when you open the character screen you will see a max speed boost of 60% so it possible horses are still just as fast. The upside is you can cast rapid manouver while riding, so you wont need to dismount anymore!
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Magna Firebreath - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Rulanir - Altmer Templar
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
  • tcwHotshot
    So with 1.6 you get the riding skill, which levels through riding and like all the other skills to 50, which increases the speed?

    AND you still have to (can) level your horse. But not only in one stat like before, but in all three stats?

    That would mean base horse speed + riding skill + horse speed upgrade = 60-100% faster then on foot?
    But that would also mean:
    Speed +Lvl50 = 50 days
    Stam +Lvl50 = 50 days
    Inv. +Lvl50 = 50 days
    -> 150 days until you can max out your mount? o_O
    (and only if all goes well / have the mats&gold / don't go on holiday for 4 weeks^^)

    That's just insane! Are we sure you can't level all 3 stats simultaneously?

    Man, I'll be digging through the forum the next days :-)
  • DrOrpheus
    DrOrpheus
    ✭✭
    I feel foolish, I had been leveling an alt and bought a second horse to max out stamina cause it was the one stat my main didnt have on mounts, and apparently it still wont get it because that stamina is still only on my alt. Oh well i guess.
  • olemanwinter
    olemanwinter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DrOrpheus wrote: »
    I feel foolish, I had been leveling an alt and bought a second horse to max out stamina cause it was the one stat my main didnt have on mounts, and apparently it still wont get it because that stamina is still only on my alt. Oh well i guess.

    Not Oh well. This is BS. I tested on the PTS and all characters got the highest stats that had been achieved by ANY character.

    Many MANY of us bought horses and fed them specifically based on this TESTED data.
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tcwHotshot wrote: »
    So with 1.6 you get the riding skill, which levels through riding and like all the other skills to 50, which increases the speed?

    AND you still have to (can) level your horse. But not only in one stat like before, but in all three stats?

    That would mean base horse speed + riding skill + horse speed upgrade = 60-100% faster then on foot?
    But that would also mean:
    Speed +Lvl50 = 50 days
    Stam +Lvl50 = 50 days
    Inv. +Lvl50 = 50 days
    -> 150 days until you can max out your mount? o_O
    (and only if all goes well / have the mats&gold / don't go on holiday for 4 weeks^^)

    That's just insane! Are we sure you can't level all 3 stats simultaneously?

    Man, I'll be digging through the forum the next days :-)

    Most players have a horse with max speed and a pack horse for example, these stats are converted so you only need to raise stamina in this case. I think its a lot better than the current system, finally more bagspace without losing travel speed.
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Magna Firebreath - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Rulanir - Altmer Templar
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
  • tcwHotshot
    So if I read that correctly (can't try it, because the server seem overloaded and the download is REALLY slow; besides having not enough money^^):

    The horse, which my main buys and upgrades (in all three stats no less), can only be accessed by this character but Not with my alts?
    And does it really take 150 days to do the upgrades, or is it faster or can be done in parallel?

    Thx!
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    tcwHotshot wrote: »
    So if I read that correctly (can't try it, because the server seem overloaded and the download is REALLY slow; besides having not enough money^^):

    The horse, which my main buys and upgrades (in all three stats no less), can only be accessed by this character but Not with my alts?
    And does it really take 150 days to do the upgrades, or is it faster or can be done in parallel?

    Thx!

    The horse which your main buys can no longer be upgraded. Instead, your main buys riding lessons, which increase his(and only his) ability to handle horses. He can train in all 3 categories, but only one lesson per 20 hours - if you take speed training, you have to wait 20 hours to take stamina training, etc.(so no paralell training)

    In meantime, your alt can ride the same horse your main bought (he does not have to buy one separately), but he takes his own riding lessons, and how fast etc. he is riding that horse depends on his personal riding skill.
  • tcwHotshot
    @Sharee

    Cool, thanks for clearing that up!!!
  • Kragorn
    Kragorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DrOrpheus wrote: »
    I feel foolish, I had been leveling an alt and bought a second horse to max out stamina cause it was the one stat my main didnt have on mounts, and apparently it still wont get it because that stamina is still only on my alt. Oh well i guess.

    Not Oh well. This is BS. I tested on the PTS and all characters got the highest stats that had been achieved by ANY character.

    Many MANY of us bought horses and fed them specifically based on this TESTED data.
    Using the PTS as a means of determining live behaviour isn't the best way to go, the PTS is there toZOS TESTING and there's no guarantee all details are what they intend to go to 'live'.

    In this case ZOS description of how this would work has always made it clear the 'best in stats' applied to CHARACTERS and it was never said to be account-wide.

    Unless you actually ASKED ZOS if the PTS behaviour you're describing was correct (not at all sure you actually saw this, BTW) then sadly you got a false impression.
    Edited by Kragorn on March 5, 2015 9:10AM
  • Kragorn
    Kragorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tcwHotshot wrote: »
    @Sharee

    Cool, thanks for clearing that up!!!
    One last thing.

    If you buy a 'premium' horse (one of the 42k ones) there'll be a 'hidden' 15% boost to one of its stats, depending on which you buy.

    Before 1.6, the horse's stats would reach 62% when maxed out, when that horse is used in 1.6 the same stat is now shown as 47%, according to a 'green' post the 'missing' 15% is still being given by the horse itself, not from the Riding Skill and for now at least that is totally not being shown anywhere in the character sheets for Riding.

    See the 'green' post at the end of this thread:

    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/1602100#Comment_1602100
    Edited by Kragorn on March 5, 2015 9:16AM
  • tcwHotshot
    Kragorn wrote: »
    If you buy a 'premium' horse (one of the 42k ones) there'll be a 'hidden' 15% boost to one of its stats, depending on which you buy.
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/1602100#Comment_1602100

    Hm, thanks for this link!

    But I do read that a bit differently:
    ZOS_GaryA wrote: »
    The exception is if you purchased a higher value horse (one of the 47.2k horses), in which case you'd get an extra 10 points in your chosen stat for the extra gold spent. This gives you a 10 day leg up on maxing out your riding skill.
    I highlighted the most important bit.

    So it doesn't really matter if you had a normal or premium horse before. The maximum achievable stats are all the same!
    But you do get 10 more points in the characters appropriate skill...
  • Kragorn
    Kragorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, I guess I didn't pay as much attention to that last bit as perhaps I should have done, since the character that prompted me to ask has purchases the pie-bald horse with increased carrying capacity but had leveled the beast's speed.

    Looking at that and going back to that character I now see that indeed you're right, that's what the 'green' was describing but I'd missed it because of what I was focused on.
  • tcwHotshot
    Well, yesterday evening I finally managed to download the last bits&bytes from the patch and could finally try it out myself.

    BUT, the description when buying a horse is everything else than clear!

    Because one really might think what @Kragon said was true:
    Kragorn wrote: »
    If you buy a 'premium' horse (one of the 42k ones) there'll be a 'hidden' 15% boost to one of its stats, depending on which you buy.

    If that is the case, then the 42k for the mount would be "appropriate", but if not this is kinda BS...
    • It takes 125 days to fully upgrade your riding skills (3*50, every 20h)
    • And it costs 37.500 gold (if it doesn't get more expensive later on)
    So for a meager 10 skill points, which relates to 10 days and 2500 gold, you spend more money then fully upgrading your mount?? (<- and as far as I understand it, this is true, I just can't believe it :P)
    Edited by tcwHotshot on March 6, 2015 11:05AM
Sign In or Register to comment.