The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Horse did not convert properly Relog Fixed This

Nestor
Nestor
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
My horse values were all jacked up when I logged to one character. Quiting the game and coming back sorted this.

I will say the horse does not seem as fast.
Edited by Nestor on March 4, 2015 1:36AM
Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    My horse values were all jacked up when I logged to one character. Quiting the game and coming back sorted this.

It may be that the horse will not be as fast as before if you had a "light horse".
    If you had maxed a horse in speed, it should now display speed at 50%, with the light horse prior to 1.6, that speed would be 75%. You can, with time, get your speed back up to 60%, since all the horses personal stats (either in speed,stam or endurance) will now be completely gone, as I have understood it.
    Edited by olsborg on March 4, 2015 11:12AM

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    Nestor wrote: »

It may be that the horse will not be as fast as before if you had a "light horse"..

All my horses are Imperials. On the character in Question, the horse was fed 49 apples. Once the relog fixed the stats, the horse was still slower than it was before. ZOS told us this would not be the case.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Kragorn
    Kragorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Riding Skill is wrong too.

Before the patch the character I'm on now had 62% speed (a full level 50 Imperial bred for speed), she now only has 47% speed, re-logging didn't fix it.

@ZOS_GaryA how do we get this fixed?
    Edited by Kragorn on March 4, 2015 7:11PM
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Kragorn that seems to be working as designed.

Base horses pre 1.6 started with 15% speed, and you added 47 apples to it to increase the speed percentage to 62%.

Base horses post 1.6 still have that base 15% speed, but it isn't displayed in your riding skill. Only the stats you applied to the horse are transferred, so having 47 points is accurate. In short, visually everyone will appear to lose 15 points in speed, but it's not the case.

In short, 75% horse speed pre-1.6 = 60% riding skill post-1.6

The exception is if you purchased a higher value horse (one of the 47.2k horses), in which case you'd get an extra 10 points in your chosen stat for the extra gold spent. This gives you a 10 day leg up on maxing out your riding skill.
    Edited by ZOS_GaryA on March 4, 2015 7:26PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Kragorn
    Kragorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_GaryA wrote: »
    @Kragorn that seems to be working as designed.
    Okay, thanks for that explanation.

I must say I don't recall seeing it described like that, I wasn't aware of the 'hidden' 15%.