The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Should They Change Khajiit Racial Passives? 1.6 changes.

• Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    grimsfield wrote: »
    Health regen is also basically useless in almost all areas of this game. With khajiits being geared toward stamina, Stamina regen would be much more useful.

Isn't Khajiit the Health/Tank archetype of Dominion, while Bosmer is their Stamina build race?
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Varicite wrote: »
    Araxleon wrote: »
    now hear me out.

After lots of testing in 1.6 and softcaps being removed I feel hit hard not my class, but my race

I play a magicka khajiit (yes I was aware of the passives and made this choice from the start but I was aware of softcaps which kept me balanced with others)

but in 1.6 softcaps were removed and I feel weaker compared to other races (I could reroll but I love my magicka khajiit) I know khajiit passives benefit stamina
    builds very well but out of all classes it makes khajiit the only race with passives pushing you towards a specific playstyle
    (right now I have 0 skill points in weapon crit because well im a caster, where if I was lets say redguard I atleast get stamina recovery)

All I ask is something that works for all playstyles

Current Khajiit Passives

30% Health recovery while in combat (I feel this needs to be changed its good but unlike other races if you arent spec'd into heath recovery its bad.)

Decrease stealth radius by 3.0 meters, Increased damage done while stealthed by 10% (I like this and I feel it works for all playstyles.)

Increase weapon crit by 6% (Its great, if your stamina...Maybe give spell crit also? or change it completely)

I would just like khajiit to feel strong for all playstyles like every other race.

Thanks for reading and good day. (If you disagree please tell me why with reasoning.)

Hi.

I'm an Argonian.

Yes. Argonians need love too.

<3 I like you.
  • Animal_Mother
    Animal_Mother
    ✭✭✭✭
    Samadhi wrote: »
    Health regen is also basically useless in almost all areas of this game. With khajiits being geared toward stamina, Stamina regen would be much more useful.

Isn't Khajiit the Health/Tank archetype of Dominion, while Bosmer is their Stamina build race?

We play as we like, but...

Altmer probably make better tanks. Both Khajiit and Bosmer are both stealthy stamina archetypes.
  • Araxleon
    Araxleon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We play as we like, but...

Altmer probably make better tanks. Both Khajiit and Bosmer are both stealthy stamina archetypes.

Khajiits are the only race cornered in 1 playstyle with weapon crit.

• Araxleon
    Araxleon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On a side note.

I know other races have problems there are already posts for that,
    I think we already all know this is to discuss khajiits
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On a side note.

Understood, and sorry for derailing. I actually agree w/ the points you've made about Khajits.

I think we all might be better served by a request to review and re-balance the racial passives in general, though. The gap between some of the "good" races and the lesser used ones has widened considerably since the game launched.
  • Araxleon
    Araxleon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Varicite wrote: »
    On a side note.

Understood, and sorry for derailing. I actually agree w/ the points you've made about Khajits.

I think we all might be better served by a request to review and re-balance the racial passives in general, though. The gap between some of the "good" races and the lesser used ones has widened considerably since the game launched.

I honestly want all races to get re-worked <3 at some point.
  • grimsfield
    grimsfield
    ✭✭✭

A little sneaky cat with weapon crit and a stealth damage passive as a tank? I don't think so. Stamina is really the only thing that makes sense for a khajiit.

And as was previously posted; health regen, in this game, isn't really useful.
    Edited by grimsfield on March 17, 2015 7:04PM
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A longer combat heal would be nice and pickpocket bonus
  • Araxleon
    Araxleon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Roechacca wrote: »

Yes please, afterall we are khajiits ;P

I personally would love something like *increased damage when below 50 or increased healing*

health recovery is bleh <.<
  • grimsfield
    grimsfield
    ✭✭✭

I personally would love something like *increased damage when below 50 or increased healing*

I don't really think that would be very helpful either, because you're generally not playing below 50% HP. And if that was a passive in the game it would probably only benefit pvp, and not pve. You don't actively try to play at less than 50% health because if you do, it's pretty easy to get one shot. Straight stam regen, like the other stamina based races, would be far more beneficial.
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kinda in the same boat as the OP.

I have a Kahjiit DK. I picked that race because I didn't think the racials were going to affect him very much. I've done all kinds of stuff with him build wise. But since 1.6, even with good gear, the right sets for PvP, 2H stam build and sword and board, he just doesn't seem that great anymore.

Before 1.6 he was wearing 5 Light 2 Medium, and using a mix of magicka and stam skills. That just doesn't work now. Heavy armor still doesn't give enough stam regen to wear 5 pieces. He's currently using 5 Medium and 2 Heavy.I'd love to change him into an Orc or something that can really make use of the racials for a DW or 2H build with at least 5 Piece Heavy.

I liked the cat look, the tail etc., but he's just not right for a DK =/. I've since been playing my Altmer Sorc more and more. (i got the pick any race/faction pack when I bought the game).
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • Fizzlewizzle
    Fizzlewizzle
    ✭✭✭✭
    The current Khajiit passives are indeed a bit strange.
    (Well, mostly the health bonus)

Khajiit aren't really tanks to begin with. If you look at it realistically (lore wise) the Aldmeri Dominion has no natural tank race within its rank. Its two sneak classes and 1 mage class.

Instead of focusing too much on putting a race fit of each archetype (Mage/ Melee/ Tank), it would be better to stay loyal to the lore.
    If you want a mix and match of each archetype, choose Daggerfall.
    Want ranged and shadows, choose Dominion.
    You want beefy meat shields, choose Ebonheart.

I would love to trade the Argonian bonuses with you (though you may keep the sneak skills).
    In Skyrim we had the best health recovery bonus of every race, yet here we are stuck with useless bonuses.
    Mending-The-Wounded, Aldmeri Dominion, Templar.
  • grimsfield
    grimsfield
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if anyone at ZOS could give us a response to this thread? I think a lot of us khajiit owners are a little unhappy with the racial passives as they currently stand.
  • Araxleon
    Araxleon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to know if they are atleast considering a change... alot of races need revamps...khajiits are one of em
  • Zlater
    Zlater
    ✭✭✭
    You know I was thinking, how about a Critical damage or attack speed buff instead of a critical chance?

I believe that ZOS was intending to have bonuses to Stamina, magicka and health within the races of each faction.
    Ask for an invite to the greatest network of guilds ever. Redfur Trading, Redfur Exchange and Redfur Army!

www.redfurconnect.com
  • RazzPitazz
    RazzPitazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dreyloch wrote: »

I have a Kahjiit DK. I picked that race because I didn't think the racials were going to affect him very much. I've done all kinds of stuff with him build wise. But since 1.6, even with good gear, the right sets for PvP, 2H stam build and sword and board, he just doesn't seem that great anymore.

Before 1.6 he was wearing 5 Light 2 Medium, and using a mix of magicka and stam skills. That just doesn't work now. Heavy armor still doesn't give enough stam regen to wear 5 pieces. He's currently using 5 Medium and 2 Heavy.I'd love to change him into an Orc or something that can really make use of the racials for a DW or 2H build with at least 5 Piece Heavy.

I liked the cat look, the tail etc., but he's just not right for a DK =/. I've since been playing my Altmer Sorc more and more. (i got the pick any race/faction pack when I bought the game).

This is almost exactly what I rolled at launch. Still my main, never had the heart to get rid of him because I love him despite the fact I haven't found anything to work. DK doesn't seem to benefit as much from a stam build, khajiiti doesn't benefit that much from a magika build, going down the middle does no good in vet content. My next attempt is going for control, lock with DK and smash with 2H. I don't even know anymore.
    Edited by RazzPitazz on May 7, 2015 5:00AM
    PC NA
    VR1 - Jar'eed - Khajiit Dragon Knight - AD
    VR1 - Broad Tail - Argonian Templar - EP
    All-Star Crafter Guild
  • Zlater
    Zlater
    ✭✭✭
    Dreyloch wrote: »

This is almost exactly what I rolled at launch. Still my main, never had the heart to get rid of him because I love him despite the fact I haven't found anything to work. DK doesn't seem to benefit as much from a stam build, khajiiti doesn't benefit that much from a magika build, going down the middle does no good in vet content. My next attempt is going for control, lock with DK and smash with 2H. I don't even know anymore.

The max stamina/health/magicka have never been so important as it is now. So for a Khajitty the only passive that gives any benefit is the health regen. The health regen is flexible, however it's really weak, especially compared to the bosmer passive stamina regen which is higher for some reason? Even the weapon critical is kinda useless as now a % wise max stamina buff can have the same if not greater Dps return, even for nightblade stam builds.

Have you tried a tanking build, you won't be the best, but as long as you can hold your own and survive your Dps is allowed to be lackluster. And this way you can still sortable use the health and weapon critical bonuses.
    Ask for an invite to the greatest network of guilds ever. Redfur Trading, Redfur Exchange and Redfur Army!

www.redfurconnect.com