The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

PVP- Am i playing The Elder Vampires Online?

• Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tripwyr wrote: »
    roechacca wrote: »
    I wish everyone that's says Vampire Ultimate is not that great would just stop using it then instead of trying to convince people you like using a crappy ultimate . It's fun to read but oh so funny .

I don't use it.

EDIT: Like I said above, competent Sorcs/Templar Healers don't use it. Only time a Sorcerer can use it is when the group already has more than 8+ other Sorcerers. Templar Healers who use it are incompetent, no if ands or buts.

Templar Healers that are Vampires use Batswarm because it's non-negatable and does more damage than Nova in a quick timespam, making it perfect for small groups. Stauffenburgh would disagree with you, @PenguinInACan would disagree with you, @Akarius_Alexios would disagree with you, there's no one I would rather have healing me more than the three I just mentioned, they've all jumped into Vampire before, I think. Marek might not have.

You can also use Devouring Swarm when you're low on Magicka, and then spam spell symmetry to get that magicka back and not worry about dying because of it, Templars that use Batswarm are smart, not incompetent. Smart.

Sorcerer's use it because it's the best AoE damaging Ultimate they have access to, Atronach is crap, Negate is easily bypassed via Immovable or a simple roll dodge, and Overload is only useful in very very limited scenarios.
    Edited by Panda244 on February 25, 2015 9:42AM
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »
    [
    woodsro wrote: »

I had Vampirism and cured it after a few days....its as close to god mode as you can get...its impossible to die during Devouring Swarm pretty much as long as you pop Unstopable prior....outside of the rare Silver Bolt proc...its X amount of seconds of darn invincibility that can't be negated, why wouldn't anyone use this. For the love of Talos, please put vampires back on their Lore basis, Their is no way Lamae Vamps can be how they are in this gfame, only Calvicus Vile could give them that ability and he has a steep price i doubt Lamae would be willing to wager.

Incorrect.

As a Nightblade, no matter WHEN I pop Devouring Swarm I more often than not, end up dying. 9 times out of 10.

Might not be how it works for damage shield, Immovable, Sword and Board/Destro DK's but I've never been able to hit Devouring Swarm and become instantly all powerful.

Your base class and the amount of Ultimate Cost reduction you have stacked, make all the difference to being a Vampire.

Why do you think all(most) the Vampires you see in Cyrodiil are DK's or Sorcs?

As a NB, why Devouring Swarm?

Exactly. It's not the be all end all ultimate everyone thinks it is. I use it as evidence to that fact. Otherwise I'm using VoB or Soul Tether for PvP.
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Panda244 wrote: »
    I wish everyone that's says Vampire Ultimate is not that great would just stop using it then instead of trying to convince people you like using a crappy ultimate . It's fun to read but oh so funny .

I don't use it.

EDIT: Like I said above, competent Sorcs/Templar Healers don't use it. Only time a Sorcerer can use it is when the group already has more than 8+ other Sorcerers. Templar Healers who use it are incompetent, no if ands or buts.

Templar Healers that are Vampires use Batswarm because it's non-negatable and does more damage than Nova in a quick timespam, making it perfect for small groups. Stauffenburgh would disagree with you, @PenguinInACan would disagree with you, @Akarius_Alexios would disagree with you, there's no one I would rather have healing me more than the three I just mentioned, they've all jumped into Vampire before, I think. Marek might not have.

You can also use Devouring Swarm when you're low on Magicka, and then spam spell symmetry to get that magicka back and not worry about dying because of it, Templars that use Batswarm are smart, not incompetent. Smart.

Sorcerer's use it because it's the best AoE damaging Ultimate they have access to, Atronach is crap, Negate is easily bypassed via Immovable or a simple roll dodge, and Overload is only useful in very very limited scenarios.

Bat Swarm does not bypass the Spell Symmetry heal cut.

Templar healers who use vampire are crutching Mist Form to compensate for their poor positioning. There is no actual advantage to Vampire as a Templar healer, and the very few cases in which Bat Swarm is better than Solar Prison are far too uncommon to justify the serious loss of survivability. I have no idea who those people are, but I'm thinking of the top 5 Templar healers in this game and none of them are Vampires.

The only Sorcerers who use it effectively are those in a guild with enough other Sorcerers to cover the Negates. Negate is powerful because it removes ground effects and heals/restores magicka to full for the entire group (no AoE cap on the heal). The silence is negligible and is not the reason Sorcerers use it.
    Alacrity Founder | Forum Emperor
    World First Veteran Dragonstar Arena

Tripwyr Manawrath - AD NA Sorcerer, Former Emperor of Haderus; Former Emperor of Hopesfire, First Cycle
    Tripwyr Flamewrath - AD NA Dragon Knight, Former Emperor of Thornblade, First Cycle
    Imperial Tripwyr - AD NA Templar, Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade
    Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

I am of the firm opinion that subtracting "raging stupidity" from anyone's voice can only cause them to sound more like myself.
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't use it.

Templar healers who use vampire are crutching Mist Form to compensate for their poor positioning. There is no actual advantage to Vampire as a Templar healer, and the very few cases in which Bat Swarm is better than Solar Prison are far too uncommon to justify the serious loss of survivability. I have no idea who those people are, but I'm thinking of the top 5 Templar healers in this game and none of them are Vampires.

The only Sorcerers who use it effectively are those in a guild with enough other Sorcerers to cover the Negates. Negate is powerful because it removes ground effects and heals/restores magicka to full for the entire group (no AoE cap on the heal). The silence is negligible and is not the reason Sorcerers use it.

It doesn't bypass the heal cut, but if you use spell sym 2-3 times and then need a heal, devouring swarm is there to rescue you, and it doesn't cost magicka. The only time Nova does any actual damage is if someone uses the synergy, otherwise you, I, everyone, could stand in them all day and twiddle our thumbs. Negate is *** poor now in 1.6 as it only negates on the cast, and not indefinitely, meaning we'll be seeing more vampire Sorcs I would imagine.
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

• ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »
    [

I had Vampirism and cured it after a few days....its as close to god mode as you can get...its impossible to die during Devouring Swarm pretty much as long as you pop Unstopable prior....outside of the rare Silver Bolt proc...its X amount of seconds of darn invincibility that can't be negated, why wouldn't anyone use this. For the love of Talos, please put vampires back on their Lore basis, Their is no way Lamae Vamps can be how they are in this gfame, only Calvicus Vile could give them that ability and he has a steep price i doubt Lamae would be willing to wager.

Incorrect.

As a Nightblade, no matter WHEN I pop Devouring Swarm I more often than not, end up dying. 9 times out of 10.

Might not be how it works for damage shield, Immovable, Sword and Board/Destro DK's but I've never been able to hit Devouring Swarm and become instantly all powerful.

Your base class and the amount of Ultimate Cost reduction you have stacked, make all the difference to being a Vampire.

Why do you think all(most) the Vampires you see in Cyrodiil are DK's or Sorcs?

As a NB, why Devouring Swarm?

Exactly. It's not the be all end all ultimate everyone thinks it is. I use it as evidence to that fact. Otherwise I'm using VoB or Soul Tether for PvP.

You misunderstand. As a NB, why not use Clouding Swarm?
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have wore out a bow and camo hunter, killing ep vamps, I think 90% of ep is vamps all I see is pasty white toons running around LOL
    Edited by kevlarto_ESO on February 25, 2015 10:32AM
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I use vamp cause it perfectly synergies with my Khajiit (10% dmg boost, test it if you don't trust me) and NB Passives, other ultimates don't.

In addition to that we run a lot and get negated quite often - VoB is not useful in 90% of our fights.
    Soul Tether compared to vamp ultimate is kinda weak and I won't get the dmg boost either.

With 1.6 I'll drop vamp anyway since most players on EU already know that we're vamps and acting like hellsing. (30% proc chance of bolt)
    Anyway, vampire is not op.. Strong, but not op.
    Remember that you got fighter Guild abilitys and fire dmg hurts crazy.

R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't bypass the heal cut, but if you use spell sym 2-3 times and then need a heal, devouring swarm is there to rescue you, and it doesn't cost magicka. The only time Nova does any actual damage is if someone uses the synergy, otherwise you, I, everyone, could stand in them all day and twiddle our thumbs. Negate is *** poor now in 1.6 as it only negates on the cast, and not indefinitely, meaning we'll be seeing more vampire Sorcs I would imagine.

Why would you use Spell Symmetry 2-3 times, leaving you with a sliver of life, while only being a few meters away from the enemy as in range of Bats? You still cant self-heal for 4 sec, sounds awfully suicidal.

Engine Guard heal beam, if you want to Spell Symmetry no penalty :heart:

Reason I dont vamp on sorc + templar. I'm required to heal- or Negate bot in groups :disappointed:

Healing with vampire you need Mist Form to survive oil, siege, DK's fire and the lot, meaning no heal for the group because you're swirling around. Besides, healing is often about positioning, might have to LoS, sneaky-heal from range, instead of jumping into a cluster of players and AoE. In those situations you're never going to be in mele range, making Bats situational.

Offensive magicka templars should use Bats ofc, not like they have options. Small group, skirmish type templars with a heal bar, can get away with it to (guessing that's what you're mostly referring to). Those builds are fun to play, but will never cause the enemy Alliance as much trouble as a tanky non-vamp heal bot, sadly, because boring to play.

On my sorcerer I never had the pleasure to use Bats, so I cured. Winning the War of Negate was apparently more important than having one more mediocre vampire in the group lol.
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny how people talk about fighter's guild stuff. For one vs one sure. But what is happening when you get an army of vampires showing off ? :p
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sotha_Sil wrote: »
    Funny how people talk about fighter's guild stuff. For one vs one sure. But what is happening when you get an army of vampires showing off ? :p

Kill then like other players? It's not like they got more defense or something. :pensive:
    (This reduction passive isn't a real difference :P)

Caltrops + Evil Hunter btw..

Edited by Soulac on February 25, 2015 2:55PM
    R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
  • PenguinInACan
    PenguinInACan
    ✭✭✭✭

I don't use it.

I'm not running a dedicated heal build. The majority of our templars use vamp but they are similar builds. Our templars that are pure heals are not vamps because it is indeed a bad crutch. In pve it is 100% bad to go vamp when healing.

I also rarely use mist form. A well timed ward can be just as good.
    Marek
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't use it.

I'm not running a dedicated heal build. The majority of our templars use vamp but they are similar builds. Our templars that are pure heals are not vamps because it is indeed a bad crutch. In pve it is 100% bad to go vamp when healing.

Regardless, you're the best healers I know in PvP, and some of you are vamps... Meaning you have damage output as well, 100% pure healing Templars in PvP are really no different than say, Stauff, when he was a vamp, their BoL's crit just as hard, and in the end, that's all that matters :wink:

Also, stop PvEing... It's bad for your egos, and it makes me cringe... Running trials late at night when there's nothing to do, you're scaring me Marek. You're scaring me...

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

• Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't use it.

This, I've been crying from the rooftops to any templar healer who goes vamp to not do it, it gives a MASSIVE loss of survivability for very little gain. As a templar healer there are several ultimate you have as options that should be used over bat swarm because they provide far more significant benefits to the individual/group (nova when you play with competent people who synergize immediately, remembrance (takes some good planning/positioning but this ultimate is godlike if you are in a purifying ritual), barrier, war horn. The benefit of mist form isn't even that great, as trip and others have said it is a crutch to make up for positioning mistakes. Practice positioning enough and you've freed yourself an ability slot (which we desperately need instead of an escape that could focus on more group support) and dropped a ton of risk/liability of damage you take.
  • thelordoffelines
    thelordoffelines
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just rawr at them.
    That's how I kill vampires.
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't use it.

Regardless, you're the best healers I know in PvP, and some of you are vamps... Meaning you have damage output as well, 100% pure healing Templars in PvP are really no different than say, Stauff, when he was a vamp, their BoL's crit just as hard, and in the end, that's all that matters :wink:

I 100% disagree with this, being a templar healer is far more than just how hard your BoL's crit. A dead healer can't heal anyone. A healer running bat's over a group support ultimate is not supporting the group he/she is supporting only themselves when there is 0 need for it with adequate play. A group support ultimate (any of them) is so ridiculously more powerful its laughable that anyone could possibly think otherwise. Compare bats to something like a barrier or warhorn and their effects... its ridiculous... and I'm not even considering two viable templar ultimates that are both extremely powerful. (And seriously, someone try me on remembrance... I dare you... I double dare you... I will write a freaking essay on why that ultimate is insane and how in 1.6 its going to be even more insane).

A squishy vamp healer means you are significantly at risk of being exploded, something a healer CANNOT afford. If you go down, the group goes down (yes if you have other healers sure but your group is far weaker for it). You should be hard to kill, the harder you are to kill, the less of a target you are for good groups to try and identify/kill. Don't make yourself a squishy target for enemy groups, they are already targeting you.
    Edited by Huntler on February 25, 2015 4:38PM
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone tested that Caltrops + Evil Hunter combo to see if it really does make caltrops damage vampires more ? I haven't and I'm just going on what looks like by the animation is the weapon currently equipped appears to have the buff .

I've heard Evil Hunter and Camoflauge Hunter effects other abilities but haven't heard of anyone posting test results .
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone tested that Caltrops + Evil Hunter combo to see if it really does make caltrops damage vampires more ? I haven't and I'm just going on what looks like by the animation is the weapon currently equipped appears to have the buff .

I've heard Evil Hunter and Camoflauge Hunter effects other abilities but haven't heard of anyone posting test results .

Yes caltrops + evil hunter makes vampires cry.
  • Sylvyr
    Sylvyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had Vampirism and cured it after a few days....

I'm a bit skeptical that such a short term experience can provide a breadth of situations from which to draw conclusive results.

Badge: Wall-of-Text GRANDMASTER

PvP: Patch Vs. Player

ZoSence (n.):
    1) What is reasonable or comprehensive using ZoS logic. "That makes ZoSense"
    2) Making zero sense. "That makes ZoSense"
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huntler wrote: »

I don't use it.

I 100% disagree with this, being a templar healer is far more than just how hard your BoL's crit. A dead healer can't heal anyone. A healer running bat's over a group support ultimate is not supporting the group he/she is supporting only themselves when there is 0 need for it with adequate play. A group support ultimate (any of them) is so ridiculously more powerful its laughable that anyone could possibly think otherwise. Compare bats to something like a barrier or warhorn and their effects... its ridiculous... and I'm not even considering two viable templar ultimates that are both extremely powerful. (And seriously, someone try me on remembrance... I dare you... I double dare you... I will write a freaking essay on why that ultimate is insane and how in 1.6 its going to be even more insane).

A squishy vamp healer means you are significantly at risk of being exploded, something a healer CANNOT afford. If you go down, the group goes down (yes if you have other healers sure but your group is far weaker for it). You should be hard to kill, the harder you are to kill, the less of a target you are for good groups to try and identify/kill. Don't make yourself a squishy target for enemy groups, they are already targeting you.

When farming AP on what used to be EP's buff server (Azura's Star) and you're fighting people with half their cerebral cortex, or people with no cerebral cortex, they don't target specifics, they just kill whoever they see. The reason I like the Templars I used to run with before laptop go boom, is because they not only mastered the whole Spell Symmetry rotation to keep themselves alive and heal the rest of us, but they had actual, physical, damage output, something a lot of Templars lack. Batswarm helps, it's cheaper than Nova and deals more damage than Nova in most situations, because in most situations, any ground placed Ultimate is easily avoided and therefor completely useless.

The only time I find Nova being helpful is during sieges, when you can drop it on a breach or on a typical gathering spot and then have your DKs run in, spam the synergy, and wipe what little is left of the people. As for Remembrance, I'm actually disappointed I don't see more Templars using it, it's blatantly OP. But back to bats, cheaper than Nova, tends to get it's full damage off because it follows you, and therefor stays on target, versus Nova, roll dodge out, negate it, sit in it and tank it, etc. Only really useful in certain situations when you can smack the synergy on a full group of enemies, when you have 2-3 Templars in your group, you can slack somewhat in the staying alive department because you're all together, with your DKs, NBs, and Sorcs, as far as legitimate healing spells go, Purifying Ritual and BoL, only two heals needed in PvP... Only two heals worth a damn to :confused:

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

• Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't use it.

When farming AP on what used to be EP's buff server (Azura's Star) and you're fighting people with half their cerebral cortex, or people with no cerebral cortex, they don't target specifics, they just kill whoever they see. The reason I like the Templars I used to run with before laptop go boom, is because they not only mastered the whole Spell Symmetry rotation to keep themselves alive and heal the rest of us, but they had actual, physical, damage output, something a lot of Templars lack. Batswarm helps, it's cheaper than Nova and deals more damage than Nova in most situations, because in most situations, any ground placed Ultimate is easily avoided and therefor completely useless.

The only time I find Nova being helpful is during sieges, when you can drop it on a breach or on a typical gathering spot and then have your DKs run in, spam the synergy, and wipe what little is left of the people. As for Remembrance, I'm actually disappointed I don't see more Templars using it, it's blatantly OP. But back to bats, cheaper than Nova, tends to get it's full damage off because it follows you, and therefor stays on target, versus Nova, roll dodge out, negate it, sit in it and tank it, etc. Only really useful in certain situations when you can smack the synergy on a full group of enemies, when you have 2-3 Templars in your group, you can slack somewhat in the staying alive department because you're all together, with your DKs, NBs, and Sorcs, as far as legitimate healing spells go, Purifying Ritual and BoL, only two heals needed in PvP... Only two heals worth a damn to :confused:

You're right on they really are the only heals good at the moment... but I'm terrified that your healers use Spell Sym. And while yes hey maybe being a vampire is an added benefit against brainless players, you have to cater your group to countering the good/smart players, else everything else is just gimmicks. If you are prepared to take on the best, even if not optimized for the lemmings... the lemmings will still be no problem.

And also, nova is insanely powerful, even moreso in 1.6 except for the synergy range... I find it useful basically everywhere. Just train your team to immediately synergize and have your templars be smart how you place them. After your nova drops it should be synergized within 1 second or your team is slacking or you placed it in a bad location. An example of a good option is you place it just outside of negate range, it still hits all the clowns in negate continuously and the synergy will hit them too (5 second stuff for any of the lazies not running immovable which will be even stronger in 1.6).
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't use it.

You're right on they really are the only heals good at the moment... but I'm terrified that your healers use Spell Sym. And while yes hey maybe being a vampire is an added benefit against brainless players, you have to cater your group to countering the good/smart players, else everything else is just gimmicks. If you are prepared to take on the best, even if not optimized for the lemmings... the lemmings will still be no problem.

And also, nova is insanely powerful, even moreso in 1.6 except for the synergy range... I find it useful basically everywhere. Just train your team to immediately synergize and have your templars be smart how you place them. After your nova drops it should be synergized within 1 second or your team is slacking or you placed it in a bad location. An example of a good option is you place it just outside of negate range, it still hits all the clowns in negate continuously and the synergy will hit them too (5 second stuff for any of the lazies not running immovable which will be even stronger in 1.6).

You'd be surprised how amazingly our Templars coordinate... I swear some of them are telepathic... As for Novas, when they do use them, they are immediately synergized, because it's usually right on top of us, or right in front of us. It's an effective Ultimate when used right, but aside from that group I ran with, no Templars seem to use it correctly. Spell Symming also lets them alternate BoL endlessly.

Templar A Spell Syms, B and C use BoL, Templar B Spell Syms, A and C use BoL. Etc etc etc. Endless BoL rotation :grin:

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

• PenguinInACan
    PenguinInACan
    ✭✭✭✭

I don't use it.

You'd be surprised how amazingly our Templars coordinate... I swear some of them are telepathic... As for Novas, when they do use them, they are immediately synergized, because it's usually right on top of us, or right in front of us. It's an effective Ultimate when used right, but aside from that group I ran with, no Templars seem to use it correctly. Spell Symming also lets them alternate BoL endlessly.

Templar A Spell Syms, B and C use BoL, Templar B Spell Syms, A and C use BoL. Etc etc etc. Endless BoL rotation :grin:

It's all about the communication. We never use spell sym unless we have the correct number of Healers and always call out when we do use it. Highly situational but breaking los and alternating BoL and spell sym is very powerful.
    Marek
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't use it.

It's all about the communication. We never use spell sym unless we have the correct number of Healers and always call out when we do use it. Highly situational but breaking los and alternating BoL and spell sym is very powerful.

Must be the mystical Penguin gods supporting you? Or is it just because Templar Nation OP?

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

• Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't use it.

This, I've been crying from the rooftops to any templar healer who goes vamp to not do it, it gives a MASSIVE loss of survivability for very little gain. As a templar healer there are several ultimate you have as options that should be used over bat swarm because they provide far more significant benefits to the individual/group (nova when you play with competent people who synergize immediately, remembrance (takes some good planning/positioning but this ultimate is godlike if you are in a purifying ritual), barrier, war horn. The benefit of mist form isn't even that great, as trip and others have said it is a crutch to make up for positioning mistakes. Practice positioning enough and you've freed yourself an ability slot (which we desperately need instead of an escape that could focus on more group support) and dropped a ton of risk/liability of damage you take.

Remembrance applies the 30% buff to itself, Purifying Ritual doesn't buff it further.

I don't use it.

You're still sitting on a healing debuff for 4 seconds. If you spell symm before Devouring Swarm, you still need to wait 4 seconds for the debuff to clear. Solar Prison does the same amount of damage per second as Bat Swarm, but also has the synergy (which all competent groups synergize instantly).

Spell Symmetry is also a horrible skill for Templars running in a group. I've heard this argument time and time again, but it is truly horrible and I greatly enjoy running into groups who use it. Fellow Templars who have experience in groups who use Spell Symm are surprised by how horribly easily their Templars die due to Spell Symm.

There is one group on AD who believe Spell Symm is godlike, and they are the easiest group to wipe. There are also several members in an Anonymous EP group who use it, and they are hilariously easy to knock out as well. Spell Symmetry is terrible, get some proper magicka management tools and stop crutching on Spell Symmetry, it will make you a better healer.

Tripwyr Manawrath - AD NA Sorcerer, Former Emperor of Haderus; Former Emperor of Hopesfire, First Cycle
    Tripwyr Flamewrath - AD NA Dragon Knight, Former Emperor of Thornblade, First Cycle
    Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

I am of the firm opinion that subtracting "raging stupidity" from anyone's voice can only cause them to sound more like myself.
  • Junipus
    Junipus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Same goes for Evil Hunter + Clouding/Devouring Swarm.

What better way of trolling than killing other vamps with anti-vamp and vamp abilities.
    The Legendary Nothing
  • Sphinx2318
    Sphinx2318
    ✭✭✭✭
    dude! there are many passives and active abilities that help you take down vamps in pvp. look them up and you're welcome.
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Remembrance applies the 30% buff to itself, Purifying Ritual doesn't buff it further.

I've always wondered, but never tested. Learn something new every day.
    Edited by Huntler on February 25, 2015 6:31PM
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What better way of trolling than killing other vamps with anti-vamp and vamp abilities.

Clouding and Devouring Swarm are considered a DOT which prevents Evil Hunter from proccing. Caltrops is unintentionally considered direct damage which causes Evil Hunter to proc.

Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

• Junipus
    Junipus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Clouding and Devouring Swarm are considered a DOT which prevents Evil Hunter from proccing. Caltrops is unintentionally considered direct damage which causes Evil Hunter to proc.

Tell that to my death recap of bats and evil hunter (twice)
    The Legendary Nothing
  • Darklord_Tiberius
    Darklord_Tiberius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Getting really tired of these threads. The problem is not Vampire, the problem is Negate. The problem will go away next patch, stop whining.

Nobody listens man. I've been telling people Vampire wasn't the problem since they started with the nerfs months ago. Since people started running in a perpetual cloud of bats as long as there were enemies around them.

Put a Hard Cap on Ultimate Cost Reduction. Increase the cost of Bat Swarm and it's morphs and watch people drop Vampire left and right.

There would be a line to get cured that would wrap around the block.

We don't even need this. Bat Swarm is a fairly weak ultimate compared to most class ultimates, I would wager that in 1.6 the only Vampires we see will be Sorcerers. With Negate no longer being the be-all end-all ultimate that it currently is, you'll see Solar Prison, Shifting Standard and Veil of Blades used much more regularly as they are much stronger ultimates.

The primary advantage of Bat Swarm is that it is not removed by Negate.

^