The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PVP- Am i playing The Elder Vampires Online?

• Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tripwyr wrote: »
    Huntler wrote: »
    Panda244 wrote: »
    roechacca wrote: »
    I wish everyone that's says Vampire Ultimate is not that great would just stop using it then instead of trying to convince people you like using a crappy ultimate . It's fun to read but oh so funny .

I don't use it.

EDIT: Like I said above, competent Sorcs/Templar Healers don't use it. Only time a Sorcerer can use it is when the group already has more than 8+ other Sorcerers. Templar Healers who use it are incompetent, no if ands or buts.

Templar Healers that are Vampires use Batswarm because it's non-negatable and does more damage than Nova in a quick timespam, making it perfect for small groups. Stauffenburgh would disagree with you, @PenguinInACan would disagree with you, @Akarius_Alexios would disagree with you, there's no one I would rather have healing me more than the three I just mentioned, they've all jumped into Vampire before, I think. Marek might not have.

You can also use Devouring Swarm when you're low on Magicka, and then spam spell symmetry to get that magicka back and not worry about dying because of it, Templars that use Batswarm are smart, not incompetent. Smart.

Sorcerer's use it because it's the best AoE damaging Ultimate they have access to, Atronach is crap, Negate is easily bypassed via Immovable or a simple roll dodge, and Overload is only useful in very very limited scenarios.

Bat Swarm does not bypass the Spell Symmetry heal cut.

Templar healers who use vampire are crutching Mist Form to compensate for their poor positioning. There is no actual advantage to Vampire as a Templar healer, and the very few cases in which Bat Swarm is better than Solar Prison are far too uncommon to justify the serious loss of survivability. I have no idea who those people are, but I'm thinking of the top 5 Templar healers in this game and none of them are Vampires.

The only Sorcerers who use it effectively are those in a guild with enough other Sorcerers to cover the Negates. Negate is powerful because it removes ground effects and heals/restores magicka to full for the entire group (no AoE cap on the heal). The silence is negligible and is not the reason Sorcerers use it.

This, I've been crying from the rooftops to any templar healer who goes vamp to not do it, it gives a MASSIVE loss of survivability for very little gain. As a templar healer there are several ultimate you have as options that should be used over bat swarm because they provide far more significant benefits to the individual/group (nova when you play with competent people who synergize immediately, remembrance (takes some good planning/positioning but this ultimate is godlike if you are in a purifying ritual), barrier, war horn. The benefit of mist form isn't even that great, as trip and others have said it is a crutch to make up for positioning mistakes. Practice positioning enough and you've freed yourself an ability slot (which we desperately need instead of an escape that could focus on more group support) and dropped a ton of risk/liability of damage you take.

Remembrance applies the 30% buff to itself, Purifying Ritual doesn't buff it further.
    I wish everyone that's says Vampire Ultimate is not that great would just stop using it then instead of trying to convince people you like using a crappy ultimate . It's fun to read but oh so funny .

I don't use it.

EDIT: Like I said above, competent Sorcs/Templar Healers don't use it. Only time a Sorcerer can use it is when the group already has more than 8+ other Sorcerers. Templar Healers who use it are incompetent, no if ands or buts.

Templar Healers that are Vampires use Batswarm because it's non-negatable and does more damage than Nova in a quick timespam, making it perfect for small groups. Stauffenburgh would disagree with you, @PenguinInACan would disagree with you, @Akarius_Alexios would disagree with you, there's no one I would rather have healing me more than the three I just mentioned, they've all jumped into Vampire before, I think. Marek might not have.

You can also use Devouring Swarm when you're low on Magicka, and then spam spell symmetry to get that magicka back and not worry about dying because of it, Templars that use Batswarm are smart, not incompetent. Smart.

Sorcerer's use it because it's the best AoE damaging Ultimate they have access to, Atronach is crap, Negate is easily bypassed via Immovable or a simple roll dodge, and Overload is only useful in very very limited scenarios.

Templar healers who use vampire are crutching Mist Form to compensate for their poor positioning. There is no actual advantage to Vampire as a Templar healer, and the very few cases in which Bat Swarm is better than Solar Prison are far too uncommon to justify the serious loss of survivability. I have no idea who those people are, but I'm thinking of the top 5 Templar healers in this game and none of them are Vampires.

The only Sorcerers who use it effectively are those in a guild with enough other Sorcerers to cover the Negates. Negate is powerful because it removes ground effects and heals/restores magicka to full for the entire group (no AoE cap on the heal). The silence is negligible and is not the reason Sorcerers use it.

It doesn't bypass the heal cut, but if you use spell sym 2-3 times and then need a heal, devouring swarm is there to rescue you, and it doesn't cost magicka. The only time Nova does any actual damage is if someone uses the synergy, otherwise you, I, everyone, could stand in them all day and twiddle our thumbs. Negate is *** poor now in 1.6 as it only negates on the cast, and not indefinitely, meaning we'll be seeing more vampire Sorcs I would imagine.

You're still sitting on a healing debuff for 4 seconds. If you spell symm before Devouring Swarm, you still need to wait 4 seconds for the debuff to clear. Solar Prison does the same amount of damage per second as Bat Swarm, but also has the synergy (which all competent groups synergize instantly).

Spell Symmetry is also a horrible skill for Templars running in a group. I've heard this argument time and time again, but it is truly horrible and I greatly enjoy running into groups who use it. Fellow Templars who have experience in groups who use Spell Symm are surprised by how horribly easily their Templars die due to Spell Symm.

There is one group on AD who believe Spell Symm is godlike, and they are the easiest group to wipe. There are also several members in an Anonymous EP group who use it, and they are hilariously easy to knock out as well. Spell Symmetry is terrible, get some proper magicka management tools and stop crutching on Spell Symmetry, it will make you a better healer.

Spell Sym... A crutch... /facedesk
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't use it.

This, I've been crying from the rooftops to any templar healer who goes vamp to not do it, it gives a MASSIVE loss of survivability for very little gain. As a templar healer there are several ultimate you have as options that should be used over bat swarm because they provide far more significant benefits to the individual/group (nova when you play with competent people who synergize immediately, remembrance (takes some good planning/positioning but this ultimate is godlike if you are in a purifying ritual), barrier, war horn. The benefit of mist form isn't even that great, as trip and others have said it is a crutch to make up for positioning mistakes. Practice positioning enough and you've freed yourself an ability slot (which we desperately need instead of an escape that could focus on more group support) and dropped a ton of risk/liability of damage you take.

Remembrance applies the 30% buff to itself, Purifying Ritual doesn't buff it further.

I don't use it.

It doesn't bypass the heal cut, but if you use spell sym 2-3 times and then need a heal, devouring swarm is there to rescue you, and it doesn't cost magicka. The only time Nova does any actual damage is if someone uses the synergy, otherwise you, I, everyone, could stand in them all day and twiddle our thumbs. Negate is *** poor now in 1.6 as it only negates on the cast, and not indefinitely, meaning we'll be seeing more vampire Sorcs I would imagine.

You're still sitting on a healing debuff for 4 seconds. If you spell symm before Devouring Swarm, you still need to wait 4 seconds for the debuff to clear. Solar Prison does the same amount of damage per second as Bat Swarm, but also has the synergy (which all competent groups synergize instantly).

Spell Symmetry is also a horrible skill for Templars running in a group. I've heard this argument time and time again, but it is truly horrible and I greatly enjoy running into groups who use it. Fellow Templars who have experience in groups who use Spell Symm are surprised by how horribly easily their Templars die due to Spell Symm.

There is one group on AD who believe Spell Symm is godlike, and they are the easiest group to wipe. There are also several members in an Anonymous EP group who use it, and they are hilariously easy to knock out as well. Spell Symmetry is terrible, get some proper magicka management tools and stop crutching on Spell Symmetry, it will make you a better healer.

I agree, you can be the best player in the world, but if you need spell sym there will be situations where you use it and you die. Its inevitable, you don't have the foresight to completely prevent it and if you are super careful about using it youll never use it and run out of magicka. Or you can force yourself to have better magicka management through your build, potions, etc. and bring no extra liability/risk to yourself. People don't die because I run out of magicka, I am also saving myself an ability slot for something else.
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't use it.

I don't use it.

I agree, you can be the best player in the world, but if you need spell sym there will be situations where you use it and you die. Its inevitable, you don't have the foresight to completely prevent it and if you are super careful about using it youll never use it and run out of magicka. Or you can force yourself to have better magicka management through your build, potions, etc. and bring no extra liability/risk to yourself. People don't die because I run out of magicka, I am also saving myself an ability slot for something else.

Spell Symmetry: Barter with Oblivion to trade vitality for power, sacrificing X Health in exchange for Y Magicka.
    The exchange prevents you from healing yourself for 4.0 seconds, but you can receive healing from other players.
    Also reduces Magicka cost of your next ability activation by 25% if activated within 5.0 seconds.

It isn't a crutch, and it isn't a liability, provided you have more than one Templar in the group, with proper communication and logical thinking it essentially keeps the Templars spamming BoL at a 25% reduced cost alongside any other heals they deem necessary at the time. It requires a functioning Cerebral Cortex, and a group of friends that have played together long enough to have developed the ability to essentially read each others' mind, if all of these requirements are met. It is the single best skill in the game for a group of two or three Templars alternating BoL.

Spell Symmetry a crutch............
    60981-Third-Party-Facepalm-meme-extr-McI2.jpeg
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

• WRX
    WRX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spell Sym is a poor skill for any templar in a fight. You will be sitting there killing yourself while other actually need the heals you are taking.

Better options:

Take less damage
    Run a pot build
    Use negate
    Do all 3

If one templar is out of magicka, it is likely that none of them have magicka. I guess I am just blessed to be apart of a guild that has great healers with great resource management.
    Decibel GM

GLUB GLUB
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't use it.

I don't use it.

Spell Symmetry: Barter with Oblivion to trade vitality for power, sacrificing X Health in exchange for Y Magicka.
    The exchange prevents you from healing yourself for 4.0 seconds, but you can receive healing from other players.
    Also reduces Magicka cost of your next ability activation by 25% if activated within 5.0 seconds.

It isn't a crutch, and it isn't a liability, provided you have more than one Templar in the group, with proper communication and logical thinking it essentially keeps the Templars spamming BoL at a 25% reduced cost alongside any other heals they deem necessary at the time. It requires a functioning Cerebral Cortex, and a group of friends that have played together long enough to have developed the ability to essentially read each others' mind, if all of these requirements are met. It is the single best skill in the game for a group of two or three Templars alternating BoL.

I feel it is very naive to think that your templars are alwasys immediately healing each other when they spell symm allowing no risk whatsoever of using spell sym. That just isn't the case, especially since spell sym coupled with damage to other players where only BOL is being used just can't cover everyone and you bring chance into the equation of who gets healed (thanks to smart heals). If the healer who spell symmed takes a primary heal away from someone who needed it (aka the main burst from BOL) you keep have just killed someone else while also risking yourself. Unless you run like 50% templars it simply is too high of a risk imo. In a big fight everyone in your group is taking damage, lets say you run what, 3-5 healers? if you run more than well more power to you but you aren't going to kill anything. If they are all spell symming they are at least eating 1/3 of a target BOL of their same number of BOL's thats a lot of healing shifted AWAY from your tanks/dps who are taking damage along with the healers also taking damage.

Once again, my opinion and everyone is entitled to play the way they want, but claiming it isn't a liability is just not true.
  • Valnas
    Valnas
    ✭✭✭✭
    i mostly bat for dps when there is nothing else to do but end the battle faster. I'm not gonna dump bats into an aoe cap when i could just negate for infinite magicka. vamp sneak is op. that i can't seem to give up.
    Fluph Head EP sorc dank magus
    valnäs EP nb
    opHotterslol AD dk
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't use it.

I don't use it.

I feel it is very naive to think that your templars are alwasys immediately healing each other when they spell symm allowing no risk whatsoever of using spell sym. That just isn't the case, especially since spell sym coupled with damage to other players where only BOL is being used just can't cover everyone and you bring chance into the equation of who gets healed (thanks to smart heals). If the healer who spell symmed takes a primary heal away from someone who needed it (aka the main burst from BOL) you keep have just killed someone else while also risking yourself. Unless you run like 50% templars it simply is too high of a risk imo. In a big fight everyone in your group is taking damage, lets say you run what, 3-5 healers? if you run more than well more power to you but you aren't going to kill anything. If they are all spell symming they are at least eating 1/3 of a target BOL of their same number of BOL's thats a lot of healing shifted AWAY from your tanks/dps who are taking damage along with the healers also taking damage.

Once again, my opinion and everyone is entitled to play the way they want, but claiming it isn't a liability is just not true.

Usually ran with 2-3 Templars 1-2 Nightblades 2-3 DKs and occasionally 1 Sorc at any given time, I'd say now that Marek is back from nowhere they probably have 3-4 Templars now. So sure, it can be a liability, but in a group that's mostly Templars and Dragonknights' the odds of that happening is slim to none, and last I checked our group didn't fight zergs, ever, at most we fought 15-20 people and that was a rarity. Also, tanks in PvP? That's almost as useless as caltrops on a breach :tongue:

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

• Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Your comments regarding Undeath, the lack of downside to Vampire, etc. Are completely wrong. Evil Hunter increases average damage output by 20+%, and the Slayer and Banish The Wicked passives which every player in the game has make Vampire's damage mitigation substantially weaker.

Vampires receive 33% damage mitigation while under 30% health (scaling linearly from 50%). This means they receive 109% damage while above 50%, 91.015% (on average) between 30% and 50%, and 73.03% under 30%. This means vampires take an average of 94.603% of the damage than a non-vampire player takes. They also produce an additional 9 ultimate for the attacker when killed.

The benefit is far less than that as if you're hit by a snipe at 51% it receives the full benefit not the reduced amount. Basically the hit that takes you from 50% to anywhere below it all the way to dead isn't reduced and thus is increased by 9%.

I think on average you'll do more damage to vampires than non/vampires unless you're really hitting them with weak attacks.

I love fighting vampires in Cyrodiil. When faced with a choice to attack a vamp or a nonvamp with all else being equal I pick the vamp. The bonus ult is clutch.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't use it.

I don't use it.

It is clear that you, like all Spell Symm Templars, will not be convinced otherwise. I'll just need to remember that you are a Spell Symm Templar and never invite you to groups. You'll notice that none of the top Templar healers use it.

Remember, your Breath of Life does not discriminate. If you are the lowest health target it will still heal you even though its effectiveness is reduced by 100%.
    Alacrity Founder | Forum Emperor
    World First Veteran Dragonstar Arena

Tripwyr Manawrath - AD NA Sorcerer, Former Emperor of Haderus; Former Emperor of Hopesfire, First Cycle
    Tripwyr Flamewrath - AD NA Dragon Knight, Former Emperor of Thornblade, First Cycle
    Imperial Tripwyr - AD NA Templar, Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade
    Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

I am of the firm opinion that subtracting "raging stupidity" from anyone's voice can only cause them to sound more like myself.
  • PenguinInACan
    PenguinInACan
    ✭✭✭✭

I don't use it.

I don't use it.

I think Panda is thinking we use spell sym a lot more than we actually do.

It is 100 percent situational and is always accompanied by a "hey I'm spell symming" in ts. We don't use it in large incoming aoe dps situations because the smart heals kill it. It's only spammed when we need to keep huge burst on our DKs that jump up walls and tank 6-10 people at a time. 75 percent of the time our templars don't even have it slotted.

It's a fun change of pace from the optimal healing setups and helps work on other situational awareness skills.
    Edited by PenguinInACan on February 25, 2015 11:32PM
    Marek
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »
    ToRelax wrote: »
    [
    woodsro wrote: »

I had Vampirism and cured it after a few days....its as close to god mode as you can get...its impossible to die during Devouring Swarm pretty much as long as you pop Unstopable prior....outside of the rare Silver Bolt proc...its X amount of seconds of darn invincibility that can't be negated, why wouldn't anyone use this. For the love of Talos, please put vampires back on their Lore basis, Their is no way Lamae Vamps can be how they are in this gfame, only Calvicus Vile could give them that ability and he has a steep price i doubt Lamae would be willing to wager.

Incorrect.

As a Nightblade, no matter WHEN I pop Devouring Swarm I more often than not, end up dying. 9 times out of 10.

Might not be how it works for damage shield, Immovable, Sword and Board/Destro DK's but I've never been able to hit Devouring Swarm and become instantly all powerful.

Your base class and the amount of Ultimate Cost reduction you have stacked, make all the difference to being a Vampire.

Why do you think all(most) the Vampires you see in Cyrodiil are DK's or Sorcs?

As a NB, why Devouring Swarm?

Exactly. It's not the be all end all ultimate everyone thinks it is. I use it as evidence to that fact. Otherwise I'm using VoB or Soul Tether for PvP.

You misunderstand. As a NB, why not use Clouding Swarm?

The health drain appealed to me for some reason.
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is clear that you, like all Spell Symm Templars, will not be convinced otherwise. I'll just need to remember that you are a Spell Symm Templar and never invite you to groups. You'll notice that none of the top Templar healers use it.

Remember, your Breath of Life does not discriminate. If you are the lowest health target it will still heal you even though its effectiveness is reduced by 100%.

I don't even have a Templar character mate, nice assumptions on your part...
    I think Panda is thinking we use spell sym a lot more than we actually do.

It is 100 percent situational and is always accompanied by a "hey I'm spell symming" in ts. We don't use it in large incoming aoe dps situations because the smart heals kill it. It's only spammed when we need to keep huge burst on our DKs that jump up walls and tank 6-10 people at a time. 75 percent of the time our templars don't even have it slotted.

It's a fun change of pace from the optimal healing setups and helps work on other situational awareness skills.

Almost every night in TS I heard it at one point or another, and I'm trying to point out that it's great for keeping a consistent large burst heal on people that you need to, as you pointed out it's mostly used when you need to keep the burst up, I've seen it when me or Rowsdower get all flap happy and hop up onto the wall, still remember that time I leaped up at Glademist and dragged them into position for Row to Take Flight to them :tongue:

But I've also heard you guys in TS say it when the enemy just pushed the breach at a keep and we're up at the top with meatbags and what not, as you pointed at again, it's entirely situation, doesn't change the fact of what I said, it allows intelligent Templars, such as yourselves, to keep BoL up at a 25% reduced rate for a long while, when needed, and when safe, also... How did we get so off topic? :confused:

Vampire PvP to Vampire Templars to Spell Sym.......

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

• Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I disagree with the OP.

It is not that powerful, and the drawbacks are real, especially in 1.6

The first few paragraphs of the OP make me roll my eyes.
  • dafox187
    dafox187
    ✭✭✭
    you said elder vampires that would be funny

don't get mad at my spelling, autocorrect doesn't cover fantasy.
    Why couldn't the Khajiit go to the party? She had to be Elsweyr.
  • Cervanteseric85ub17_ESO
    sirston wrote: »
    answer to your rant...Dragon break

elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Break

Does eso take place during one of those dragon breaks ?
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone tested that Caltrops + Evil Hunter combo to see if it really does make caltrops damage vampires more ? I haven't and I'm just going on what looks like by the animation is the weapon currently equipped appears to have the buff .

I've heard Evil Hunter and Camoflauge Hunter effects other abilities but haven't heard of anyone posting test results .

Same goes for Evil Hunter + Clouding/Devouring Swarm.

What better way of trolling than killing other vamps with anti-vamp and vamp abilities.

Clouding and Devouring Swarm are considered a DOT which prevents Evil Hunter from proccing. Caltrops is unintentionally considered direct damage which causes Evil Hunter to proc.

Tell that to my death recap of bats and evil hunter (twice)

807d156864563b72637fba23ee0dd29a.jpg

Figured I'd go ahead and test this for you. This was against 4 Daedra, using Blockade of Fire and Devouring Swarm with Expert Hunter active.

Tripwyr Manawrath - AD NA Sorcerer, Former Emperor of Haderus; Former Emperor of Hopesfire, First Cycle
    Tripwyr Flamewrath - AD NA Dragon Knight, Former Emperor of Thornblade, First Cycle
    Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

I am of the firm opinion that subtracting "raging stupidity" from anyone's voice can only cause them to sound more like myself.
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone tested that Caltrops + Evil Hunter combo to see if it really does make caltrops damage vampires more ? I haven't and I'm just going on what looks like by the animation is the weapon currently equipped appears to have the buff .

I've heard Evil Hunter and Camoflauge Hunter effects other abilities but haven't heard of anyone posting test results .

Same goes for Evil Hunter + Clouding/Devouring Swarm.

What better way of trolling than killing other vamps with anti-vamp and vamp abilities.

Clouding and Devouring Swarm are considered a DOT which prevents Evil Hunter from proccing. Caltrops is unintentionally considered direct damage which causes Evil Hunter to proc.

Tell that to my death recap of bats and evil hunter (twice)

807d156864563b72637fba23ee0dd29a.jpg

Figured I'd go ahead and test this for you. This was against 4 Daedra, using Blockade of Fire and Devouring Swarm with Expert Hunter active.

Lawl. Easiest way to proc evil hunter, caltrops.

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

• Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your comments regarding Undeath, the lack of downside to Vampire, etc. Are completely wrong. Evil Hunter increases average damage output by 20+%, and the Slayer and Banish The Wicked passives which every player in the game has make Vampire's damage mitigation substantially weaker.

Vampires receive 33% damage mitigation while under 30% health (scaling linearly from 50%). This means they receive 109% damage while above 50%, 91.015% (on average) between 30% and 50%, and 73.03% under 30%. This means vampires take an average of 94.603% of the damage than a non-vampire player takes. They also produce an additional 9 ultimate for the attacker when killed.

Lets factor Evil Hunter shall we? I'm going to use Dark Flare as my standard skill because it only hits once and it deals a fairly average amount of single target damage. We're not going to factor spell resistance or armor because they apply equally to both Vampires and non-vampires. We're not going to factor spell critical for the same reason.

My Dark Flare deals 643 magic damage, and my Expert Hunter deals 388 magic damage. Assuming a 20% proc rate, that means Expert Hunter adds an average of 77.6 extra damage to my Dark Flare. However, Vampires mitigate an average of 5.397% damage, which means that my Dark Flare with Expert Hunter deals (643+77.6)*0.94603 = 681.71 damage! Using Expert Hunter causes Vampires to take more damage on average than non-Vampires! That is 6% extra damage.

Additionally, lets not ignore AoE spells. Expert Hunter is even more useful for AoE spells since its damage is fixed and AoE spells deal less damage per target. I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and use my Sorcerer for this calculation, since her Impulse hits harder than my Templar's.

My Impulse deals 255 damage, and my Expert Hunter deals 374 damage (different character remember). With a 20% proc rate, that means Expert Hunter adds an average of 74.8 damage. (255+74.8)*0.94603 = 312 damage. That is 22.35% extra damage compared to a non-vampire.

Lets not forget that Vampires take 50% increased damage from fire, and one of the 4 classes in this game deals exclusively fire damage, the primary defensive siege deals fire damage, and most staff users use a fire staff.

Please, instead of complaining about Vampires and how overpowered they are(n't), consider simply running one or more of the numerous counters. People aren't running Vampire because Vampire is overpowered. People are running Vampire because Sorcerers are overpowered, and the only effective ultimate in the current Sorcerer meta is Batswarm.

EDIT: Lets finally remember that competent Sorcerers and most competent Templars (except the very select few who actually pull off the tanky DPS build) do not run Vampire.

EDIT2: I figured I should calculate Impulse + Expert Hunter damage at >30% health. (255+74.8)*0.67*1.09 = 240.85294 damage. That is 94.45% damage compared to a non-vampire. This means a vampire under 30% health (maximum Undeath benefit) takes only 5.55% less damage than a non-vampire with Expert Hunter, but also receives 50% more damage from Fire and grants an additional 9 ultimate when killed. Lets not forget that procing Evil Hunter also restores stamina to the attacker.

And this is all assuming none of the damage is fire...It was pointed out at the end, but fire vs a vampire has a large bonus. It's 50% no matter what, you can have fire resists but whatever you take from fire damage normally multiply by 1.5 and this is what a vampire takes.

It's thankfully going down in 1.6 to 40%, but they also changed it so that resists are almost nothing, and I'm not sure if they're going to fix that. This means a vampire can only get to 0 mitigation by having 40% spell (fire) resistance, with a cap of 50.
    Edited by Domander on February 26, 2015 3:48AM
  • rendolpheb16_ESO
    rendolpheb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    If cyrodill is plagued with vampire you should just use expert hunter or camouflage hunter.

GG against vampire.

/endthread
    For Templar PvP video check my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/RendolpheGamer
  • Valnas
    Valnas
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want my bats to be Dk's. They flip and flap and they need talons. My immersion is a bit tainted by this minor oversight.

Undeath I am a fan of. It's not 'OP' on it's own, but if you have other mitigation (veil, standard + dk mit, mist, etc) it can turn low health into a survivable sustain point for your hp w/ minimal healing so long as your sta and mag keep you off the ground and some HoT's.
    Edited by Valnas on February 26, 2015 2:56PM
    Fluph Head EP sorc dank magus
    valnäs EP nb
    opHotterslol AD dk
  • Philelectric
    Philelectric
    ✭✭
    Pro tip for Elder Scroll Fanboys.

- ESO is a MMORPG using the Elder Scroll theme. Using a specific theme doesnt mean its going to be 100% lore friendly.

ESO isnt 100% lore friendly, SWTOR isn 100% lore friendly, pretty sure WoW has some non lore friendly things aswell. Even Aion got some non lore friendly things for balance a gameplay purpose.

Exemple(s):

1- Vampire in ESO will not give the feeling you get in the other Elder Scroll games.

2- You can get a red-black/blue-black/purple-black/yellow-black/orange-black/green-black lightsaber in SWTOR. This is ZERO lore friendly. On top of that, a simple mercenary or a single trooper is able to kill powerfull siths and jedis. Tottaly non lore friendly again

3- Asmodians and Elyos have the same hometown in many high lvl zones but cant go in the opponent's town in any low level zones. Asmodians and Elyos hate each others so much but they share a couple of towns. (non lore friendly)

-

You cannot create solo RPG features in a MMORPG. Get over it. There is balance issue and some Ideas you suggested(lol) are completely gamebreaking.

100% stam and mag regen reduction is 100% ''insert bad word here'' and gamebreaking. Especially if you take a look at things like Hell Ra citadel. Its outdoors during daytime for a long time in this trial. also, Vamps wont be able to PvP half the time.

Any decent person will understand that Non lore friendly is 200% better than gamebreaking.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no actual advantage to Vampire as a Templar healer, and the very few cases in which Bat Swarm is better than Solar Prison are far too uncommon to justify the serious loss of survivability. I have no idea who those people are, but I'm thinking of the top 5 Templar healers in this game and none of them are Vampires.

While I agree with your points refuting the OP's incorrect assertions about vampire and his lore-friendly but eviscerating proposed changes that would make vampires useless in an MMO environment, what you have listed here is highly debatable.

Vampirism grants healers additional magic regeneration, which is valued highly by them, for little opportunity cost (the stamina extra regen is also quite handy). The Undeath passive also grants healers more resilience, which is very helpful since healers wear light armor. The extra stealth speed and mist form option is just gravy. The fire weakness theme that gets thrown around is quite exaggerated. For the cost of a single fire resistance rune or a race choice this weakness is effectively countered. My vampire has compelled City of Ash numerous times.

I will say that it usually better for a healer Templar to drop a Nova than use batswarm. That being said Nova is an expensive ultimate and sometimes it isn't ready when an ultimate needs to be dropped.
    Edited by Joy_Division on February 26, 2015 7:44PM
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no actual advantage to Vampire as a Templar healer, and the very few cases in which Bat Swarm is better than Solar Prison are far too uncommon to justify the serious loss of survivability. I have no idea who those people are, but I'm thinking of the top 5 Templar healers in this game and none of them are Vampires.

While I agree with your points refuting the OP's incorrect assertions about vampire and his lore-friendly but eviscerating proposed changes that would make vampires useless in an MMO environment, what you have listed here is highly debatable.

Vampirism grants healers additional magic regeneration, which is valued highly by them, for little opportunity cost (the stamina extra regen is also quite handy). The Undeath passive also grants healers more resilience, which is very helpful since healers wear light armor. The extra stealth speed and mist form option is just gravy. The fire weakness theme that gets thrown around is quite exaggerated. For the cost of a single fire resistance rune or a race choice this weakness is effectively countered. My vampire has compelled City of Ash numerous times.

I will say that it usually better for a healer Templar to drop a Nova than use batswarm. That being said Nova is an expensive ultimate and sometimes it isn't ready when an ultimate needs to be dropped.

What if I told you that the cost of that fire glyph, while it does mitigate some of the extra fire damage doesn't mitigate it all? And the extra magicka regen you get is less than you would get if you just slotted a magicka regen glyph? What if the undeath "resilience" you talk about doesn't outweigh the extra incoming damage from 9% fighter guild passive plus extra fire damage/evil hunter even while wearing a fire glyph? What if I told you as a WW you gain 15% stam regen with 0 risk/downside?

Calling it little opportunity cost is a joke at best, vampires are significantly more squishy than other classes. Save a nightblade in a veil you are significantly more prone to getting wrecked in PvP. You do not have more resilience or even resource sustainment (given what I said before if you run a fire glyph... and if you don't run a fire glyph well enjoy flame whips hitting you for 800 and god knows the 100 other sources of fire damage along with everyone who runs evil hunter).... You are making ill informed assumptions/statements about benefits that are counteracted by the negatives when it comes to the context of a templar healer. The extra speed in stealth is nice, but not worth the cost. The "cost" of having mist form (it is definitely not gravy) is you just slotted an ability to help make up for bad positioning instead of slotting an ability that will further help you help your team.

Seriously, there is no extra sustainment of life as a templar healer vampire... you are hurting yourself, the math has already been detailed previously... did you read it?
    Edited by Huntler on February 26, 2015 8:19PM
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pro tip for Elder Scroll Fanboys.

[...]

100% stam and mag regen reduction is 100% ''insert bad word here'' and gamebreaking. Especially if you take a look at things like Hell Ra citadel. Its outdoors during daytime for a long time in this trial. also, Vamps wont be able to PvP half the time.

Any decent person will understand that Non lore friendly is 200% better than gamebreaking.

So having several hours per stage to feed, wich is nowhere difficult, is game breaking.

May I ask... why? Or am I just no decent person than?
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The Magicka Regeneration gained from Vampire is less than you lose by using a single Fire Resistance rune. Additionally, the Fire Resistance rune does NOT eliminate the fire vulnerability. Not only is Siege unaffected by resistance, but the fire resistance rune (in 1.5) provides just 15% mitigation to a player in Light Armor. This is because 2000 spell resistance = 35% mitigation, leaving only another 15% before hard cap.

A normal player takes 1*0.65=0.65 or 65% damage from fire spells. A vampire takes 1.5*0.5=0.75 or 75% damage from fire spells. This means a vampire with a fire resistance enchantment takes 15.38% more fire damage WITH a fire resistance enchantment than the average player takes WITHOUT a fire resistance enchantment.

Additionally, choosing Dunmer as a race is hardly an option at this point in the game, unless you reroll. Regardless of that, you would be losing (for example) 3% cost reduction and 1% max magicka making that choice.

So no, the fire weakness theme is NOT exaggerated. In fact, people never seem to realize how hilariously easy it is to kill Vampires.

Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

• RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    [...]

Yup the fact its too much like a run of the mill theme park MMO and not enough like an TES game is why its failing.

Guaranteed if this game didn't have classes and instead had the standard TES skill lines and people built their own classes like its always been, and parts of the game world were not restricted or blocked behind quests, the pvp, the whole game for that matter would be a success and still be Sub based right now. It would have been very easy for them to go this route, and it would have been easier to balance too since all skills would have been available to everyone all nerfs apply equal, a spell is too strong fixed it instead of gimping one class and buffing another.

TES fans spoke with their wallet what kind of TES game they wanted, 11 million skyrim copies sold the first week, eso probably hasn't sold a million in its first year.

This game could have had pvp, group dungeons, etc and still followed the TES format that made the series so damn successful, but it seems only Todd Howard understands that, and ZOS only knows how to do DAOC type of mmo and that's not what folks wanted if they did the most of the 20 million people who bought skyrim would be playing this game and they are not. The fact its too much an MMO is the problem, its lost everything that made morrowind, oblivion, and skyrim successful, the world and gameplay dont feel like TES that's the problem.

Besides if they followed the standard skill tree route instead of classes, the game would have a much more rich meta with hundreds of viable skill combinations and class builds.

You could be a spellsword with destro spell in one hand, sword in another. You could make your own battlemage, necronancer.

This game dont even have necromancers! They have been a staple if these games for the last decade, and you can't even resurrect corpses or summon undead from the soul cairn.

I think many have forgotten how much is missing from this game, it is missing core elements that made TES the TES and made it unique, even the atmosphere and art just feels off. I'll still play, hope it gets better, but not getting my hopes up, don't know how long ill continue, its day to day.

I was playing skyrim and oblivion today for the first time in quite awhile and just wow...its insane how much this game is missing, how much it don't feel like TES at all, it just feels like a run of the mill mmo.....this game could have been so much more....

[Moderator Note: Removed moderated quote]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on March 6, 2015 4:33PM
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• DezIsDead
    DezIsDead
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im a sorc and im a vamp. the only time i use it is when im playing solo, and thats because its ultimate is a solid AoE. we dont have veil of blades, or standards, so i use it and spell pots to supplement my AoE damage in open areas. negate is still better in confined areas though. In all honesty its not that great, ive dropped vamp more times than i can count because its not all powerful. is it nice? yeah, it has a good AoE ultimate, and mist form is awesome. just my .02
    Edited by DezIsDead on February 27, 2015 8:25AM
    Dez Is Dead vr16 AD Sorc
    Rez Dez vr16 DC sorc
    Aimer Cantentius VR16 DC NB AKA Needs Vigor
    Vanreimus Comeback DC DK
    Ihealedurmum VR8 AD temp
    Unonti VR crafting sloot
    Zoschasedawaymyfweinds EP Temp
  • Sheuib
    Sheuib
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love how you talk about lore as if it was real. It is all made up for a game. It doesn't matter.