Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 21
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 21, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why does Sheogorath get more screen time than Molag Ball?

• Iago
    Iago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kragorn wrote: »
    Iago wrote: »
    Because he's amusing and likeable, in an odd sort of way.

he may be mildly amusing for a while. although it doesn't take long before it starts to get old.
    That which we obtain to cheap we esteem to lightly, it is dearness only that gives everything its value.

-Thomas Pain

• Keepercraft
    Keepercraft
    ✭✭✭
    Because Sheogorath is awesome?
    we_need_more_cheese_by_sweethearted_sadist-d5wvpsp.png
    Edited by Keepercraft on February 23, 2015 8:17AM
    Still waiting for Sithis.
  • Iago
    Iago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because Sheogorath is awesome?
    we_need_more_cheese_by_sweethearted_sadist-d5wvpsp.png

Sheogorath is kind of like ice cream, at first it's wonderful but the more you have the worst it tastes.
    That which we obtain to cheap we esteem to lightly, it is dearness only that gives everything its value.

-Thomas Pain

• Digiman
    Digiman
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Seriously Molag Ball is the main Villan surely he deserves better than a second rate part within the game.

He actually doesn't it really depends on the quests. In mages guild he is very active and in a quests as well. Do Dolmens and progress through the main story and really Molag Bal is more active.

The times he does show up is when he is absolutely ready to blow things up, while Sheogorath will just talk.
  • dwtdwtdwt
    dwtdwtdwt
    ✭✭✭
    Abnur Tharn is currently the real villain. And he gets more "screen time" so far in the game story. More than Sheogorath even. Sure he saved the companions, but he's an evil dude. He has motives. Keep your friends close, they say. We certainly haven't seen the last of him. He'll most likely be seen in the Imp City DLC.

And I'm sure Molag Bal will come stomping back in a couple years after we tackle some other Princes and Sheo gives us a few more chain quests. We haven't seen the last of Molag yet either.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war." -Plato
  • Seraphyel
    Seraphyel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Molag Bal is boring. That's it. Sheogorath is interesting.
  • Iago
    Iago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphyel wrote: »

at this point Sheogorath interests me about as much as a toothache.

-Thomas Pain

• Digiman
    Digiman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dwtdwtdwt wrote: »
    Abnur Tharn is currently the real villain. And he gets more "screen time" so far in the game story. More than Sheogorath even. Sure he saved the companions, but he's an evil dude. He has motives. Keep your friends close, they say. We certainly haven't seen the last of him. He'll most likely be seen in the Imp City DLC.

And I'm sure Molag Bal will come stomping back in a couple years after we tackle some other Princes and Sheo gives us a few more chain quests. We haven't seen the last of Molag yet either.

Really don't know what Abnur will be able to actually do even if he has the "Package". Honestly he isn't power hungry or ambitious to become emperor and from his actions and tone he would rather serve the right emperor over the wrong one.
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So you keep picking at it, cause you can't get it out of your head? (Pun intended) :tongue:
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • Seraphyel
    Seraphyel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Still in every way more impressive than Molag Bal.
  • Iago
    Iago
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Still in every way more impressive than Molag Bal.

True ever since I first defeated Milagros Ball I have reffered to him as Milagros No Balls due to the ease in which I killed him.

-Thomas Pain

• Seraphyel
    Seraphyel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your 4 different personalities approved my post and made a statement for themselves each by their own? :)
  • Iago
    Iago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your 4 different personalities approved my post and made a statement for themselves each by their own? :)

at any given time I could have 1 to 60 different personalities it just depends on what I'm working on at the time.

seriously though the main villain of the game should have more screen time then the lesser villains.

-Thomas Pain

• theroyalestpythonnub18_ESO
    Molag Bal is in sort of a unique position narrative wise. To retain credibility as a global threat, he has to act somewhat objectively. Having him show up too many times would kill most feeling of mystery or grandiosity. As a result, villains like Mannimarco, Angof, Javad, etc. are relied upon to have more personal interactions with the player, and drive the story.

This isn't all that uncommon. Compare the amount of screen time that Darth Sidious received compared to Vader. In Oblivion, Mehrunes Dagon didn't have a single spoken line. Mankar Camoran had to sort of personify the threat Dagon posed.

Since Sheogorath's primary goal in the Mages guild story was so different (mainly tormenting Shalidor), the stakes for the player were very different. The MG quest line was more 'react to Sheogorath trying to bug Shalidor' rather than 'save the world from certain doom.'

• Valmond
    Valmond
    ✭✭✭
    Uncle Sheggy is funny, Molag Bal is not.
    Molag Bal needs to keep up appearance as a credible global threat, Uncle Sheggy does not.

Anyway, i have zero interest in Molag Bal, and this game did not change it.
    However, every quest with ol' Sheggy in it has been totally awesome, and i would love to see more of him.
    Also, more Mephala, there's a quest in Nilata Ruins (southern Bangkorai) that was awesome and left me wanting more of the webspinner.
    Also, Clavicus Vile, Nocturnal, Vaermina, Boethiah and Hermaeus Mora need more screentime.
  • ElleShaped
    ElleShaped
    ✭✭✭
    Panda244 wrote: »
    Like this.
    pxs_mephala_by_markothesketchguy-d7rw1jr.jpg
    I mean there's always the Spider Daedra
    468px-Spider.jpg
    But at least Spider Daedra is prettier than Harvester... I wouldn't mind getting myself caught in her web, wink wink, nudge nudge. :smirk:

Okay I'll stop now.

No need to ever stop; the Lady of Whispers is quite worthy of appreciation!

Lady Spider of House Arachne, represented by the guild Sanguine Ascendancy. We have a website, too:housearachne.enjin.com

Visit me at my Patreon, www.patreon.com/ElleShaped, or check out my gallery at elleshaped.deviantart.com
  • darthbelanb14_ESO
    darthbelanb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think I've ever seen Molag Bal's ball.
  • BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Difference in personality? Molag Bal always struck me as the "stay in the back ground, plotting , using minions to carry out his plans" where Sheogorath always struck me as the type who relished adding his own personal touch of madness.

He may get less screen time, but he interacts with us a whole lot more through the anchors, though it's akin to fist shaking and cane waving while yelling "dagnabbit get off my anchor you hooligans".
    Though, at the end if the main story Bal doesn't seem very upset you stopped his planemeld, im sure the story is going to twist where he knew - and counted on - the vestige "winning".
    Edited by BBSooner on February 23, 2015 2:41PM
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Molag Bal is good as a overall background villian that uses puppets to achieve his goals. After all he is the God of Schemes, so it's no surprise that we have to overcome layers of minons to finally get to him in the end. Sheogorath takes a more personal hand when he wishes to torment/have fun with someone. I don't think we'll much of Sheogorath in any future DLCs, he's kind of played out after the Mage guild quests. Hermaeus Mora seems to pop up now and again to provide information, (at a price). I would expect to see him again with key information to any future quests.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • xSkullfox
    xSkullfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because hes more badass then Molag Ball !
    Groupfinder:
    The worst part is when it finally puts you in a group, your healer turns into a werewolf, your tank has 14k HP and the dps is heavy armor, using a restro staff and a two handed sword on the backbar. Then comes the 15 minute penalty before the cycle starts anew.

Rulz of Morrowind:
    • The first rule of Morrowind is: You do not talk about Morrowind.
    • The second rule of Morrowind is: You do not talk about Morrowind.
    • Third rule of Morrowind: Someone yells NDA stuff, uploads images, streams, the game is over.
    • Fourth rule: only invited players can test.
    • Fifth rule: one invite at a time, fellas.
    • Sixth rule: crying or bashing on pts.
    • Seventh rule: NDA will go on as long as they have to.
    • And the eighth and final rule: If this is your first invite at Morrowind, you have to play.
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sheogorath got it written in his SAG contract back with his starring role in Shivering Isles:

"In any succeeding roles, I, The Mad God of Artisans, Writers and Actors,, must have a major role in any productions involving my Daedric persona on Nirn. Violation of this clause will cause any writer who uses my name, or actor who pronounces my name, or any of my other incarnations, past, present, or future, to immediately turn into a chicken, be transported to the Shivering Isles and spend eternity as a target for knaves hunting my favor with Wabbajack. Oh, and I must be provided with cheese, cheesy lines, cheesy wardrobes, and mostly, a table full of cheese, daily."
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Folkb
    Folkb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sheo is the type of deadric prince that interacts with the general population in person more than Molag Bal does.
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem that I tend to have with the over abundance of Sheogorath is the same problem I always have with people who roll up Malkavians, it's rarely the treat that someone thinks it will be.

I mostly put up with Sheogorath rather than enjoyed him, but I liked the overall story of finding the island and helping Shalidor, so it was a small price to pay.

Still, like I said in an earlier post, I'd love to see more of the Daedra in upcoming expansions.
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    MagDK Main forever (even in the bad times)
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sheogorath got more screen time but Molag Bal got more lines I think. Look at every dark anchor, the orders sent to others, etc. Sheogorath got more screen time as a supporting character, but not really in voice =3.
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
  • Heruthema
    Heruthema
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sheogorath is funnier, all Molag can do is insult you over and over...

Agree
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BBSooner wrote: »
    Difference in personality? Molag Bal always struck me as the "stay in the back ground, plotting , using minions to carry out his plans" where Sheogorath always struck me as the type who relished adding his own personal touch of madness.

He may get less screen time, but he interacts with us a whole lot more through the anchors, though it's akin to fist shaking and cane waving while yelling "dagnabbit get off my anchor you hooligans".
    Though, at the end if the main story Bal doesn't seem very upset you stopped his planemeld, im sure the story is going to twist where he knew - and counted on - the vestige "winning".

The ways we interact with them does feel like it fits their aspects.
    Yea, I've always felt that he had a different endgame in mind if/when his planemeld was foiled. His modus operandi is ' to harvest the souls of mortals and to bring them within his sway by spreading seeds of strife and discord in the mortal realms.' Despite being the lord of domination, he usually plays a more subtle game. (Also, if you go to the 'r word' aspect-that-must-not-be-named, what he does to nirn can be seen that way.)

I believe his goal was to break Alessia's pact, and to weaken Chim-el Adabal as we end up doing. And to spread as much chaos as possible as he does so. Thus opening the door for more Daedric influence in Mundus.

Don't you think it was maybe a bit to easy to escape coldharbor in the first place? I mean, he is essentially the Lord of imprisonment, and yet we escape his prison during a jailbreak...
    Edited by Shunravi on February 23, 2015 4:46PM
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sheogorath is funnier, all Molag can do is insult you over and over...

I'm sure that was their reasoning but seriously they should have made Sheogorath the main villan then
    Yeah, I'm sure in future DLC we'll see more of Molag Bal and other Daedric Princes, after all, Meridia says that we've stoked their interest, so they kind of HAVE. To add a future story with more Daedra... I for one would love to sit down and have a glass of tea with yours truly, Clavicus Vile.

I also look forward to meeting Bothia, Mehrunes Dagon, and Azura

Boethiah can eat my toes for all I care, Mehrunes isn't any fun... Molag Bal has the best voice actor of any villain ever. Uncle Sheo is Uncle ****ing Sheo, meeting with Mephala would be fun... Cause um..
    "Mephala is the demon prince of murder, sex, and secrets."

Fun times with Mephala, if you know what I mean :smirk:

In truth though, I want to see some more interaction with Hermaeus Mora, Sanguine, Nocturnal, and Mephala, and since there's suppose to be a new content zone called "Mephala's Realm" it appears that I will get my wish.

Isn't Mephala also the one that appears as a Spider Daedra?
    Yea no, that's not attractive. It she were more like Lolth and less like Arachnaphobia, maybe.
    They can appear as whatever they want to be... Like this.
    mephala__the_daedra_lady_by_righon-d31fmmm.jpg
    Like this.
    pxs_mephala_by_markothesketchguy-d7rw1jr.jpg
    Which happens to be eerily sexy.
    And like this.
    Nocturnal.jpg
    Which happens to be just plain sexy. I'm sure @TheShadowScout will agree with me :wink:

I mean there's always the Spider Daedra
    468px-Spider.jpg
    But at least Spider Daedra is prettier than Harvester... I wouldn't mind getting myself caught in her web, wink wink, nudge nudge. :smirk:

Okay I'll stop now.

Bro, those pics are 50 Shades of All Kinds of Not Okay. But hey, you do you. Get yer freak on homie, but be careful, she'll probably eat you post coitus.
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
  • thesilverball_ESO
    thesilverball_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Sheogorath is awesome! I'd take him over Molag anytime.

Sheogorath's quest was one of the top ones for me. He was entertaining as heck!
  • Shlankwald
    Shlankwald
    ✭✭✭
    Molag Bal is less personal that Sheogorath. Up until the end he considers you just a nuisance it seems who is not not worthy of his time. Most daedric princes are like this, actually, Sheogorath is about the only one who interacts with mortals regularly (and Sanguine) so its normal for him to be more....engaging in conversation.

On a side note, Sheogorath is was awesome in Shivering Isles, he seems more tame and predictable here....