Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.2.0 is available.
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Meteor OP, 21k Hit

• Seraphyel
    Seraphyel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aoife32001 wrote: »
    Seraphyel wrote: »
    Meteor is just overpowered.

It has an incredible strong initial hit PLUS an incredible strong AoE DoT. As I said, it's better than most class ultimates (Nova & Standard are crap compared to Meteor).

Because being hit by a flaming ice boulder hurtling through the atmosphere from space shouldn't hurt that much

The fact that this is so slow moving and can be blocked/reflected I think negates it being "OP"

I don't say it shouldn't hurt, but right now it's better than most class ultimates out there and that shouldn't be the goal in the end.

With the AoE DoT left from the impact it is a Nova / Standard with high burst damage PLUS a higher DoT PLUS less Ultimate costs.

Zenimax must improve some class ultimates or change Meteor in any way - e.g. giving the DoT field only with a morph or something like that.
  • shebali
    shebali
    ✭✭✭
    pjwb16_ESO wrote: »
    shebali wrote: »
    It needs to be fixed now, or pvp will turn into meteor spam.

20k damage is nothing. That is current in game 2k. In live you can get 3k meteors, but you don't see it because how slow the move is and it does not track. The move is pretty useless.

No, its better now, because on live server Health we had a lot higher Health, Health scaling was nerfed... You cant transfer Healt from Live to PTS 1:10

The damage in live can be near 3k. Also, you can't really tell how things are going to be on PTS until you have over 300 CP. Stats and everything are lowered by a lot due to not having full CP.
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    shebali wrote: »
    It needs to be fixed now, or pvp will turn into meteor spam.

20k damage is nothing. That is current in game 2k. In live you can get 3k meteors, but you don't see it because how slow the move is and it does not track. The move is pretty useless.

No, its better now, because on live server Health we had a lot higher Health, Health scaling was nerfed... You cant transfer Healt from Live to PTS 1:10
    Alcast wrote: »
    This high dmg is only because all noobs still wear 7/7 light and do not realise that they have 5000 spell res on PTS

I had alot more Resistance then 5000...

I used Heavy Armor + Impenetrable and I had Fire Resistance on my Jewelry

well maybe he stacked spell pene stuff which ignors all of your armor. bc it is buggy i guess still as on live
    Edited by Alcast on February 8, 2015 7:12PM
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meteor. Is a meteor. A METEOR!!! Called down from the heavens to vaporize you. It should be blatantly OP.
    Edited by Panda244 on February 9, 2015 1:46AM
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So...

First off, you can not compare player health on Live to PTS that easily.
    Then, you can not really compare Meteor on Live to the 1.6 version. Can maybe say it's more useful in 1.6 but that's it.
    The damage is what you get when hitting vampire with major spell damage and empower buff + 30k Magicka. Dont see the issue, just give incentive to put points in health again and make that build reasonable, the damage will be lower and the average health higher, "problem" solved.
    Besides that, you can cloak, block, use harness, reflect, absorb... it really has a lot of counters actually, you just need to survive it without loosing to much resources and can call it a counter as your enemy spent all his ultimate.

And thanks for the video, @pjwb16_ESO ;) .
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Seraphyel
    Seraphyel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Panda244 wrote: »
    Meteor. Is a meteor. A METEOR!!! Called down from the heavens to vaporize you. It should be blatantly OP.

So, what's Nova? Shouldn't it be some kind of tiny Supernova? It just alters gravity around it's center. That should be "more" than a Meteor, shouldn't it?

Logic doesn't help here much.

Some people seem to be misunderstanding the real issue behind it - Meteor just outshines most DPS class Ultimates. That's some kind of issue.
    Edited by Seraphyel on February 9, 2015 8:30AM
  • Dymence
    Dymence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, at least it gives me something to use as a sorc dps.
  • pjwb16_ESO
    pjwb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »
    So...

First off, you can not compare player health on Live to PTS that easily.
    Then, you can not really compare Meteor on Live to the 1.6 version. Can maybe say it's more useful in 1.6 but that's it.
    The damage is what you get when hitting vampire with major spell damage and empower buff + 30k Magicka. Dont see the issue, just give incentive to put points in health again and make that build reasonable, the damage will be lower and the average health higher, "problem" solved.
    Besides that, you can cloak, block, use harness, reflect, absorb... it really has a lot of counters actually, you just need to survive it without loosing to much resources and can call it a counter as your enemy spent all his ultimate.

And thanks for the video, @pjwb16_ESO ;) .

No problem <3
    ~ here since Beta

My Youtube Channel: https://youtube.com/channel/UCw3x5B-l0S093TAo10WafLA

EU Server PC @Elendiel
    Fyrusha - NB AD
    Auri-ele - Sorc AD
    Watch me Nae Nae - Magicka DK AD
    Watch me Whip - Magicka DK DC
    Schnuggii - Bubble Templar AD
  • Teiji
    Teiji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone that doesn't block an ultimate which is blockable deserves to die.
    "Serving Boethiah is Freedom, embracing heroism is Liberty, existing solely for noxiphilic sanguivoria is truth." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

European megaserver Fallout 4

Loyalist of Boethiah, heroism enthusiast, exposer of secrets, bless'ed of noxiphilic sanguivoria.

Nerf one grind, two more take its place; hail Gryndra!

I am a dank memer and satire enthusiast
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphyel wrote: »

So, what's Nova? Shouldn't it be some kind of tiny Supernova? It just alters gravity around it's center. That should be "more" than a Meteor, shouldn't it?

Logic doesn't help here much.

Some people seem to be misunderstanding the real issue behind it - Meteor just outshines most DPS class Ultimates. That's some kind of issue.

lol... It's a mage's guild ultimate, so I don't care if it's better than class ultimates, it should be on par or better than them, they nerfed so many class ultimates so it's on them. Not us.
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

• c0rp
    c0rp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ultimates are working as intended? I am glad to hear this.
    Force weapon swap to have priority over EVERYTHING. Close enough.
    Make stamina builds even with magicka builds.
    Disable abilities while holding block.
    Give us a REASON to do dungeons more than once.
    Remove PVP AoE CAP. It is ruining Cyrodiil.
    Fix/Remove Forward Camps. They are ruining Cyrodiil.
    Impenetrability needs to REDUCE CRIT DAMAGE. Not negate entire builds.
    Werewolf is not equal to Vamps/Bats.
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want Meteor to outshine my class ultimates, as it's just fun to use. I like the concept, the graphics, the sound - the whole bit. BOOM!

When looking at its damage output, it's probably not helpful when people post cases where the recipient was a vampire taking an unblocked critical hit.
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

• Kypho
    Kypho
    ✭✭✭✭
    <3 Zenimax balance <3
    Another fail :D
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dymence wrote: »
    Hey, at least it gives me something to use as a sorc dps.

Yeah it's not like they didn't buff the most powerful single target damage ult in the game which happens to also give you a third spell bar by 50% or anything...
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Pyatra
    Pyatra
    ✭✭✭
    danovic wrote: »
    21k hit isn't much with all the new stats. with old system it would be 2100 really hasn't changed that much.
    Wrong, Health is not 1:1 to live, its less so its pretty significant. Its more about the timing of Meteor along with the DoT that makes it strong

58987351.jpg
  • pjwb16_ESO
    pjwb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    c0rp wrote: »
    Ultimates are working as intended? I am glad to hear this.

Lol, Meteor is still ready like every 30 seconds...

~ here since Beta

My Youtube Channel: https://youtube.com/channel/UCw3x5B-l0S093TAo10WafLA

EU Server PC @Elendiel
    Fyrusha - NB AD
    Auri-ele - Sorc AD
    Watch me Nae Nae - Magicka DK AD
    Watch me Whip - Magicka DK DC
    Schnuggii - Bubble Templar AD
  • killedbyping
    killedbyping
    ✭✭✭✭
    Meteor is too easy to avoid to call it OP -.-

More like nubslap skill. But thats perfectly ok IMHO. Just new and more fun version of good old Soul Strike.
    Edited by killedbyping on February 9, 2015 8:03PM
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭

More like nubslap skill. But thats perfectly ok IMHO. Just new and more fun version of good old Soul Strike.

This. Reflect it, block it, heal through it. Just like ereethang else.

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

• AriBoh
    AriBoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Then you shouldnt be able to reflect, block , heal it. By your own quote it should leave a smoldering hole where a keep uesd to be.
    khele23eb17
    Agreed. Whoever came up with the design should be shot in the foot and only admitted to hospital when he manages to find 3 other people willing to maim themselves the same way in order to accompany him.

ZOS_AmeliaR admin
    Ultimately, any method of entering an enemy keep without breaking down the door is considered an exploit. Thanks for checking!

tinythinker
    "I used to be a healer once, but then I took a Wrobel to the knee"
  • Lettigall
    Lettigall
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A nova is a cataclysmic nuclear explosion on a white dwarf, which causes a sudden brightening of the star.

Why Nirn is still standing there after templar uses his ultimate?
    Some men just want to watch the world burn... I just want a cold beer!
  • kieso
    kieso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lettigall wrote: »

A nova is a cataclysmic nuclear explosion on a white dwarf, which causes a sudden brightening of the star.

Why Nirn is still standing there after templar uses his ultimate?

A wizard did it.
  • Seraphyel
    Seraphyel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Then you shouldnt be able to reflect, block , heal it. By your own quote it should leave a smoldering hole where a keep uesd to be.

Indeed.

Reflect or block Meteor? LOL